Author Topic: What Movies I Been Watching  (Read 466627 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What Movies I Been Watching
« Reply #660 on: September 16, 2016, 10:49:33 PM »
     To Be Fat Like Me (2006/Canada)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Newvideo (United States)
Director:Douglas Barr
Writing:Michelle Lovretta (Writer)
Length:89 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:

Stars:
Kaley Cuoco as Aly
Melissa Halstrom
Michael Phenicie
Rachel Cairns
Adrienne Carter

Plot:
Kaley Cuoco ("8 Simple Rules") stars in the Lifetime Original Movie TO BE FAT LIKE ME, the story of an attractive high school junior who experiences firsthand the prejudice and heartbreat overweight teens face when she goes from in shape to obese overnight. A popular student athlete, Aly (Cuoco) always planned on getting into college by landing a softball scholarship. But when a sports injury leaves her sidelined, she decides to enter a documentary film contest in hopes of winning the prize money to pay for college. Armed with a fat suit and hidden camera, Aly enrolls at a rival high school and attempts to prove that personality can outshine physical appearance. But her confidence is quickly shattered when she is teased, mocked and harrassed—a harrowing experience that forces her to recognize how intolerant she has been of her own family's weight issues.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

I originally added this one to my collection because I am a fan of Kaley Cuoco. This is a TV movie that originally aired on Lifetime. And is one I really did enjoy a lot. It does have a good message it is trying to get across though I think by the end they lost that message a little. And I think the handling should have ended differently. I never had to deal with being fat in school... I was skinny as a rail... couldn't gain a pound no matter how much I ate. Though I have been fighting obesity as an adult. So I do know how some of this feels. Even though the film seems to loose focus, I still enjoyed it quite a lot... and can see myself watching this one again. Definitely worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 19, 2016, 03:09:42 PM »
     Zootopia (2016/United States)
Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Byron Howard, Rich Moore
Writing:Byron Howard (Story By), Rich Moore (Story By), Jared Bush (Story By), Jim Reardon (Story By), Josie Trinidad (Story By), Phil Johnston (Story By), Jennifer Lee (Story By), Jared Bush (Screenwriter), Phil Johnston (Screenwriter)
Length:108 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.39:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Ginnifer Goodwin as Judy Hopps
Jason Bateman as Nick Wilde
Idris Elba as Chief Bogo
Jenny Slate as Bellwether
Nate Torrence as Clawhauser

Plot:
From Walt Disney Animation Studios comes a comedy-adventure set in the modern mammal metropolis of Zootopia. Determined to prove herself, Officer Judy Hopps, the first bunny on Zootopia's police force, jumps at the chance to crack her first case – even if it means partnering with scam-artist fox Nick Wilde to solve the mystery. Bring home this hilarious adventure full of action, heart and tons of bonus extras that take you deeper into the world of Zootopia. It's big fun for all shapes and species!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

This is one I picked up on a whim when I saw it on a good sale at work. I found it to be a cute and fun film. The story easily kept my attention. While it is slightly longer then most animated films I have seen it... it seemed to be over before I knew it. A good film the entire family can enjoy. Worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 26, 2016, 07:55:49 PM »
     Cop Out: Rock Out with Your Glock Out Edition (2010/United States)
Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:Kevin Smith
Writing:Robb Cullen (Writer), Mark Cullen (Writer)
Length:108 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Bruce Willis as Jimmy
Tracy Morgan as Paul
Juan Carlos Hernandez as Raul
Cory Fernandez as Juan
Jason Hurt as Youth 1

Plot:
Action star Bruce Willis and ace comic Tracy Morgan play bickering-but-got-your-back Brooklyn buddy cops. Kevin Smith (Clerks, Chasing Amy) directs the gritty, goofball goings-on as the guys hunt for a stolen 1952 mint-condition baseball card, a hunt plunging them into a gunslinging war with a deadly drug ring. Batter up, fans. The boys are ready to take you out to the ol' brawl game!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Picture-in-picture
  • BD-Live
  • Digital Copy
  • Maximum Comedy Mode

My Thoughts:

This is a film I never even heard of before finding the blu-ray. I must say... I enjoyed it quite a bit. Kevin Smith directing an action-comedy. So that means lots of fun and laughs. Though I must admit that I was never much of a Tracy Morgan fan... I didn't mind him in this one at all. And I really liked both Bruce Willis and Seann William Scott. And being a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan it was fun to see the small part that Michelle Trachtenberg had as Bruce Willis' daughter. This is one I definitely recommend... the storyline is both fun and action packed. The entire cast did a fine job... well worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 30, 2016, 07:13:47 PM »
     Parental Guidance (2012/United States)
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Andy Fickman
Writing:Lisa Addario (Writer), Joe Syracuse (Writer)
Length:105 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Billy Crystal as Artie Decker
Bette Midler as Diane Decker
Marisa Tomei as Alice Simmons
Tom Everett Scott as Phil Simmons
Bailee Madison as Harper Simmons

Plot:
Old-school grandparents Artie (Billy Crystal) and Diane (Bette Midler) get more than they bargained for when they get stuck babysitting their type-A daughter's (Marisa Tomei) over-protected kids. But things go from hectic to hysterical when Artie realizes the kids are running the house with their newfangled technology, but he manages to outsmart them and achieve the impossible – bring the family closer together!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I never heard of this film till I found a copy cheap at the pawn shop. I decided to get it on the strong cast it has. And I must say... I am happy I did. I had a lot of laughs watching this one. And there is even a few tear jerker moments in it. The entire cast did a wonderful job. They really made you care about the characters. The film tackles the trials and tribulations of being parents in a fun way. If you have not seen this one... I definitely recommend it. Well worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 05, 2016, 02:56:33 PM »
     Captain America: Civil War: Collector's Edition (2016/United States)
Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Anthony Russo (1970), Joe Russo (1972)
Writing:Christopher Markus (Screenwriter), Stephen McFeely (Screenwriter), Joe Simon (Original Material By), Jack Kirby (Original Material By)
Length:147 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America
Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man
Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier
Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson / Falcon

Plot:
The most explosive clash to ever rock the Marvel Cinematic Universe ignites a firestorm of conflict in the game-changing epic, Captain America: Civil War. In the wake of collateral damage, government pressure to rein in the Avengers drives a deep wedge between Captain America (Chris Evans) and Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), causing a catastrophic rift that turns the two friends into bitter enemies. Against a backdrop of divided loyalties, their fellow Avengers must deal with the fallout. Pick a side in this spectacular adventure, packed with mind-blowing action, suspense and exclusive bonus content!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:

I couldn't resist putting my horror marathon on hold when I got this added to my collection! I am a huge fan of the Marvel films... well any and all superhero films really. And this one was great... so many of the Marvel characters coming together... including one of my childhood favorites... Spider-Man! I can't compare this to the comics as I never read them. But I really loved the action... and I found it difficult to take sides as I felt both sides where both right and wrong. As the movie showed... it just isn't as simple as one side is right and the others went rogue or anything. So glad I finally got this in my collection... will get many watches... just like all the other Marvel films have gotten.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 06, 2016, 07:58:33 PM »
The Marine: Unrated (2006/United States)

Director:John Bonito
Writing:Michelle Gallagher [Michell Gallagher] (Screenwriter), Alan B. McElroy (Screenwriter), Michelle Gallagher [Michell Gallagher] (Story By)
Length:92 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
John Cena as John Triton
Robert Patrick as Rome
Kelly Carlson as Kate Triton
Anthony Ray Parker as Morgan
Abigail Bianca as Angela

Plot:
After being discharged, against his will, from the Iraq War, U.S. Marine John Triton (WWE champion John Cena) returns stateside. But when his beautiful wife Kate (Kelly Carlson) is kidnapped, Triton must take on the ruthless band of killers to save her, using the most powerful weapon in his arsenal—himself!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

This one is pretty much as I expected. A very basic story line. Nothing more then ex-Marine has trouble dealing with normal life back home... he and his wife decides to go on trip... Wife gets taken hostage by a group of criminals... they pissed off the wrong Marine. Nothing more then a pure action flick. That being said, I found I really enjoyed it. A good film when you just want to forget about things in your life... not think and just get lost in a no brainer film.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 07, 2016, 07:09:05 PM »
The Marine 2 (2009/United States)
Director:Roel Reiné
Writing:Christopher Borrelli (Writer), John Chapin Morgan (Writer)
Length:95 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:Chinese, English, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Ted DiBiase as Joe Linwood
Temuera Morrison as Damo
Lara Cox as Robin Linwood
Robert Coleby as Darren Conner
Michael Rooker as Church

Plot:
WWE Superstar Ted DiBiase joins "the few and the proud" in this explosive tale of white-knuckle action, stunning effects and true heroism fit for the Marines. This fully loaded Blu-ray brings the action home with six featurettes, Muay Thai fight outtakes and much more!

On a well-deserved vacation to an exotic resort, Marine sergeant Joe Linwood (DiBiase) and his wife Robin are attending a VIP party when disaster strikes. Ruthless terrorists crash the event and claim a number of hostages – including Robin! Alone in a foreign country with no backup, Linwood must rely on his Marine training to single-handedly strike back at the terrorists, save the hostages and prevent international war!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:

When I decided to watch this one I expected more of the same. And it really is... but in my personal opinion... I liked this one even more. As I feel it has the better background story. Still just mindless action fun. But sometimes you just need a movie like that. I am now looking forward to checking out the final two films in the franchise.... unfortunately I do not have access to those quite yet.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 07, 2016, 10:51:03 PM »
The Bone Collector (1999/United States)
Universal Studios Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Phillip Noyce
Writing:Jeffery Deaver (Original Material By), Jeremy Iacone (Screenwriter)
Length:118 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Denzel Washington as Lincoln Rhyme
Angelina Jolie as Amelia Donaghy
Queen Latifah as Thelma
Michael Rooker as Captain Howard Cheney
Mike McGlone as Detective Kenny Solomon

Plot:
Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie star in the gripping suspense thriller The Bone Collector about a serial killer who takes his victims' lives and leaves behind mysterious pieces of a bizarre puzzle. It is now up to Lincoln Rhyme (Washington), a onetime top homicide investigator, who may be the only person who can make sense of his deranged plan. When a tragic accident changes his life forever, Rhyme can only watch as other cops bungle the case...until he teams up with a young rookie, Amelia Donaghy (Jolie), who bravely searches out the clues that could help them solve the case. As the killer senses the cops closing in, Rhyme realizes that he and his partner are on the trail of a vicious, sadistic murderer who will stop at nothing on his deadly mission. At any moment, Rhyme and Amelia could become his next targets – and their first case could become their last.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

This is one I really enjoyed. It has a good story line... I enjoy most all the cast... and I am always happy to see a strong female lead in films. Well worth the time put in to watch it. Recommended.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 08, 2016, 03:45:03 AM »
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005/United States)
Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:Tim Burton
Writing:Roald Dahl (Original Material By), John August (Screenwriter)
Length:115 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.77:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Music Only: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Korean, Spanish

Stars:
Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka
Freddie Highmore as Charlie Bucket
David Kelly as Grandpa Joe
Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Bucket
Noah Taylor as Mr. Bucket

Plot:
What wonders await you in Willy Wonka's factory? Sail along the Chocolate River in a pink sugar boat. Experiment with Everlasting Gobstoppers in the Inventing Room. Observe talented squirrels in the Nut Room and travel to the Television Room via glass elevator. You'll find a lot that's funny, a little that's mysterious and an adventure as sweet and satisfying as a Wonka Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight bar. This dazzling film of Roald Dahl's classic children's novel, directed by Tim Burton and starring Johnny Depp and Freddie Highmore, is your Golden Ticket to a world so inventive and amazing, you won't want to miss a delicious moment!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Picture-in-picture
  • In-Movie Experience

My Thoughts:

I have seen this one before but it has been several years. What else can I say... but this is a Tim Burton film.You have vibrant colors.... and you have exaggerated shapes and costumes. Along with a little on the weird side take on stories. Don't take that wrong though... as I have several of Tim Burton films and have enjoyed them all so far. I was a bit surprised when I saw they left out where Charlie and his grandfather messed up (comparing it to the original film). But as with most of his films this is worth the time put in to watching... recommended.

Rating:
Pete

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 08, 2016, 05:49:48 AM »
It's not bad, but I actually prefer the 1971 version with Gene Wilder.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 08, 2016, 05:52:51 AM »
It's not bad, but I actually prefer the 1971 version with Gene Wilder.
I still haven't seen that.  :bag:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #671 on: November 08, 2016, 07:17:59 AM »
No mention about the music. Has the musical marathon cured you?[emoji12]

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 11, 2016, 09:28:13 PM »
LOL... no the musical marathon didn't cure me. :P I don't think there was as much music in this version compared to the original.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 14, 2016, 09:08:06 PM »
Here Comes the Boom (2012/United States)
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Frank Coraci
Writing:Allan Loeb (Writer), Kevin James (1965) (Writer)
Length:105 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Thai: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Korean, Spanish, Thai

Stars:
Kevin James as Scott Voss
Salma Hayek as Bella Flores
Henry Winkler as Marty Streb
Greg Germann as Principal Betcher
Joe Rogan as Himself

Plot:
Former collegiate wrestler Scott Voss (Kevin James) is a 42-year-old, apathetic high school teacher. When budget cutbacks threaten to cancel some of the school's programs and lay off its music teacher (Henry Winkler), Scott creates a scheme to raise money by moonlighting as a mixed martial arts fighter. Everyone thinks Scott is crazy - most of all the school nurse, Bella (Salma Hayek). In his quest, Scott gains something he never expected as he inspires his students and becomes a sensation that rallies the entire school.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed this one... even more then I was expecting to. This is an inspirational teacher saving music department story first and foremost.... with a romantic comedy sub-plot. I loved the cast in this one. A few of my favorites. And you can just tell they had a good time making this film. I know that Kevin James is not for everyone... but if there is one of his films to see... I would say this is the one. Give it a go. I don't think you will be sorry.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 15, 2016, 12:17:35 AM »
X-Men: Apocalypse (2016/United States)
Director:Bryan Singer
Writing:Simon Kinberg (Screenwriter), Bryan Singer (Story By), Simon Kinberg (Story By), Michael Dougherty (Story By), Dan Harris (Story By)
Length:144 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Commentary

Stars:
James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier
Michael Fassbender as Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto
Jennifer Lawrence as Raven / Mystique
Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy / Beast
Oscar Isaac as En Sabah Nur / Apocalypse

Plot:
OSCAR® Winner Jennifer Lawrence*, Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy lead a powerhouse cast in director Bryan Singer's extraordinary follow-up to X-Men: Days of Future Past. After thousands of years, Apocalypse, the world's first and most powerful mutant, has awakened to find a world led by humans. Intent on cleansing the Earth of mankind, he recruits a group of mutants to create a new world order. In a desperate race to save humanity, Professor X leads the young X-Men in an epic showdown, against an unstoppable enemy, that will determine the fate of the world.

*Actress, Silver Linings Playbook, 2012.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Music Videos
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

Another film I enjoyed every minute of. Granted there was some characters in this one I'm not familiar with.... and there was some different takes on some I was familiar with. But the story line is very entertaining... it kept my interest through-out. Definitely worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete