Author Topic: What Movies I Been Watching  (Read 466596 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What Movies I Been Watching
« Reply #645 on: May 29, 2016, 03:56:57 PM »
     Lucy (2014/France)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Universal Studios Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Luc Besson
Writing:Luc Besson (Writer)
Length:90 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: DTS: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Scarlett Johansson as Lucy
Morgan Freeman as Professor Norman
Choi Min-sik as Mr. Jang
Amr Waked as Pierre Del Rio
Julian Rhind-Tutt as The Limey

Plot:
From the visionary director of La Femme Nikita and The Professional, starring SCARLETT JOHANSSON and Academy Award® winner** MORGAN FREEMAN, comes an action-thriller about a woman accidentally caught in a dark deal who turns the tables on her captors. Altered by a dangerous new drug allowing her to use 100% of her brain capacity, Lucy transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic.

**2004, Best Supporting Actor, Million Dollar Baby.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Featurettes
  • BD-Live
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I remember seeing the trailer for this one when it first came out. I have wanted to see it every since. After seeing the film I had a mixed reaction to it. Mainly because this movie was not what I was expecting when I saw the trailer. But at the same time I really did enjoy it. Part of me felt a little disappointed because I didn't get what I was expecting when we popped in the disc...but yet another part of me was fixated on the film. I thought Scarlett Johansson was great in the title role. I would definitely recommend this film but if possible do not watch the trailer beforehand... or at least do not go into it with expectations from the trailer.

Rating:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 30, 2016, 06:39:24 AM »
I thought Luc Besson still got it as a stylish action director and enjoyed LUCY quite a lot; except the ending, those last few minutes were just too crazy...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 01, 2016, 05:42:56 PM »
     Creed (2015/United States)
Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:Ryan Coogler
Writing:Ryan Coogler (Screenwriter), Aaron Covington (Screenwriter), Ryan Coogler (Story By)
Length:133 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Audio Descriptive: DTS: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Michael B. Jordan as Adonis Johnson
Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa
Tessa Thompson as Bianca
Phylicia Rashad as Mary Anne Creed
Andre Ward as Danny 'Stuntman' Wheeler

Plot:
Adonis Johnson (Michael B. Jordan), son of deceased world heavyweight champion Apollo Creed, has boxing in his blood. Looking to win his own title, Adonis heads to Philadelphia and convinces his father's rival-turned-friend, Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone), to train him – even as Rocky battles his own deadly opponent outside the ring. Now Adonis has a shot, but first he must develop the heart of a true fighter in this new chapter of the Rocky story from critically acclaimed director Ryan Cougler.

Includes music from Creed: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack featuring Future, Meek Mill and Tessa Thompson.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I must say I loved this film. It is a great continuation of the Rocky franchise. But it is more then that... this film is both a continuation and a remake at the same time. With Rocky taking over the role of Mickey training Apollo Creed's son. I went out of this one wanting to see at least one more installment into the franchise. This film is defintely worth the time put in to watch it....highly recommended!

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 06, 2016, 05:54:16 PM »
     Daylight (1996/United States)
Universal Studios Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Rob Cohen
Writing:Leslie Bohem (Writer)
Length:115 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Sylvester Stallone as Kit Latura
Amy Brenneman as Madelyne Thompson
Viggo Mortensen as Roy Nord
Dan Hedaya as Frank Kraft
Jay O. Sanders as Steven Crighton

Plot:
Brace yourself for nonstop action and suspense! When an explosion seals off a commuter tunnel 100 feet below the Hudson River, the survivors are faced with toxic fumes, fires and the impending collapse of the tunnel. Their only hope lies in the hands of a former emergency medical services chief Kit Latura (Sylvester Stallone). As the walls cave in and the tunnel fills up with water, Latura risks his own life to save others and prevent the disaster from escalating into an even greater catastrophe. Filled with spectacular special effects and heart-pounding intensity, director Rob Cohen's (The Fast and the Furious) Daylight will have you holding your breath from start to finish.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Music Videos
  • BD-Live
  • pocket Blu App
  • D-BOX Motion Code

My Thoughts:

This is a film I have liked since the first time I seen it. One of those type of films you just leave your brain at the door and just enjoy the disaster and action. I liked the Madelyne character a lot... as well as of course Stallone's character. While I can see how this film is not for everyone... I can't help but to recommend it for a lazy brain-dead type of day. It's a fun flick if you let it be and not try to over-think everything.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 06, 2016, 08:20:48 PM »
     Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman (2003/United States)
Director:Curt Geda
Writing:Bob Kane (Original Characters By), Alan Burnett (Story By), Michael Reaves (Writer)
Length:75 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Kevin Conroy as Batman
Kimberly Brooks as Kathy Duquesne
Kelly Ripa as Rocky
Elisa Gabrielli as Sonia
Kyra Sedgwick as Batwoman

Plot:
The Penguin and Rupert Thorn are criminal cohorts with a scheme to sell illegal weapons. But there's a new super hero in Gotham City who has other plans for the evil entrepreneurs: Batwoman! With high-tech gadgets and powerful punches, Batwoman proves to be a formidable crime fighter. The only problem is that the Batman doesn't know who she is! And when Batwoman crosses the criminal line, the Dark Knight must identify whether or not this new player is really an ally. Join the world's greatest detective in this exciting adventure that will keep you guessing until the mask is pulled off!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • Animated Short (Chase Me)

My Thoughts:

I enjoyed this animated adventure quite a bit. I like how they did the mystery of who Batwoman is. The story itself keeps your interest with ease. Recommended for anyone that enjoys animated superhero films.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 08, 2016, 06:38:39 PM »
     Authors Anonymous (2014/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Screen Media Films (United States)
Director:Ellie Kanner
Writing:David Congalton (Writer)
Length:92 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:

Stars:
Kaley Cuoco as Hannah Rinaldi
Chris Klein as Henry Obert
Teri Polo as Colette Mooney
Dylan Walsh as Alan Mooney
Dennis Farina as John K. Butzin

Plot:
After a dysfunctional group of unpublished writers with the motto "all for one" accept Hannah (Kaley Cuoco of 'Big Bang Theory') the last thing they expect is her overnight success — but that's exactly what they get. While her career takes off with a book and movie deal, her eccentric and envious colleagues struggle to find their own paths to publishing fame and fortune. With an A-List cast, Author's Anonymous, is a riotous look at friendship and success!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

This is an entertaining film. Though I will say it did not grab me from the start. But the story line did pull me in. I liked most the characters... especially Hannah and Henry. Suprisingly this one didn't end in the way I expected it too. Which is a good thing even if I am not particularly thrilled with the way they chose to end it. I have seen better... but I definitely found it to be worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 21, 2016, 03:38:13 PM »
     San Andreas (2015/United States)
Director:Brad Peyton
Writing:Carlton Cuse (Screenwriter), Andre Fabrizio (Story By), Jeremy Passmore (Story By)
Length:114 min.
Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 7.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Dwayne Johnson as Ray
Carla Gugino as Emma
Alexandra Daddario as Blake
Ioan Gruffudd as Daniel Riddick
Archie Panjabi as Serena

Plot:
After the infamous San Andreas Fault gives, triggering a magnitude 9-plus earthquake in California, a search and rescue helicopter pilot (Dwayne Johnson) and his estranged wife (Carla Gugino) make their way together from Los Angeles to San Francisco to save their only daughter.

But their treacherous journey north is only the beginning. And when they think the worst may be over...it's just getting started.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I have always liked these natural disaster films. And this one is no exception. I liked the characters...I liked the story... and I liked the effects/visuals.This, in my opinion, is definitely worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 02, 2016, 03:52:55 AM »
     Justice League: Gods and Monsters (2015/United States)
Wikipedia |IMDb |Trailer |
Director:Sam Liu
Writing:Alan Burnett (Story By), Bruce Timm (Story By), Alan Burnett (Screenwriter), Bob Kane (Original Characters By), William Moulton Marston (Original Characters By), Jerry Siegel (Original Characters By), Joe Shuster (Original Characters By), John Ostrander (Original Characters By), John Byrne (Original Characters By), Marv Wolfman (Original Characters By), Jerry Ordway (Original Characters By), Louise Simonson (Original Characters By), Jon Bogdanove (Original Characters By), Bob Rozakis (Original Characters By), Jose Delbo (Original Characters By), Neal Adams (Original Characters By), Jack Kirby (Original Characters By), Gardner Fox (Original Characters By), George Perez (Original Characters By)
Length:76 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, German: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, German, Spanish

Stars:
Benjamin Bratt as Superman
Michael C. Hall as Batman
Tamara Taylor as Wonder Woman
Paget Brewster as Lois Lane
C. Thomas Howell as Will Magnus

Plot:
From animation legend Bruce Timm comes an all-new original movie. A seemingly familiar skyline reveals itself, though upon closer inspection this is not the Metropolis we know. Journey to an alternate universe where the Justice League is now a trio of unchecked power. Employing methods of intimidation and fear, this Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman deal justice with brute force. And when a group of famed scientists experience a series of deadly "accidents," a government task force follows the trail of clues to the Tower of Justice. It's a high-stakes game of intrigue, mystery and action that asks the question: How do you serve justice to those above the law?

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy
  • From the DC Comics Vault - 2 Bonus Cartoons

My Thoughts:

I enjoyed this one... but was kinda weird watching it since I never read the comics I was completely lost going into it...but I did get into the story and found myself enjoying a whole new version of the characters I like to much. I recommend giving this one a chance. It is worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 07, 2016, 05:52:39 PM »
     Space Cowboys (2000/United States)
Director:Clint Eastwood
Writing:Ken Kaufman (Writer), Howard Klausner (Writer)
Length:130 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French

Stars:
Clint Eastwood as Frank Corvin
Tommy Lee Jones as Hawk Hawkins
Donald Sutherland as Jerry O'Neill
James Garner as Tank Sullivan
James Cromwell (1940) as Bob Gerson

Plot:
They trained body and mind for America's leap into space. When the moment came, the brash flyboys of Team Daedalus were replaced. Now, 40 years later, another moment has come. And this time, it's all theirs.

Directing for the 22nd time and starring for the 42nd, Clint Eastwood leads a stellar cast into orbit in this exhilarating high-tech adventure. Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland and James Garner join him as old-school test pilots whose grasp of outdated technology makes them the only ones able to repair a primitive, deorbiting Russian satellite that imperils Earth. Strap in for "some of the rightest stuff around" (The Wall Street Journal). With an irresistible payload of heart, humor and heroics, Space Cowboys is all-systems-go.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Production Notes
  • DVD-ROM Content
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

This is a film I enjoyed quite a bit. It was very well done and has an all star cast that just work great together.While it is a longer then average film, it is so interesting it just don't feel that way. I found all the characters to be appropriately likable... and even if the story is a bit far fetched they somehow make it believable at the same time. If you never seen it... this is one I definitely recommending seeing.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 15, 2016, 10:31:19 PM »
     Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition (2016/United States)
Director:Zack Snyder
Writing:Bob Kane (Original Characters By), Bill Finger (Original Characters By), Jerry Siegel (Original Characters By), Joe Shuster (Original Characters By), Chris Terrio (Writer), David S. Goyer (Writer)
Length:183 min.
Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 7.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman
Amy Adams as Lois
Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor
Diane Lane as Martha Kent

Plot:
Fearing the actions of a godlike super hero left unchecked, Gotham City's formidable vigilante, Batman (Ben Affleck), takes on Metropolis' revered savior, Superman (Henry Cavill), while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I have heard mixed reviews of this one... so didn't know what to expect going in. I did find it to be a little darker then I was expecting. But at the same time I enjoyed every minute of it. While I might not be thrilled with the ending...it does have me anxious for the next installment. The storyline kept my attention with ease... the 3hrs went by very fast. I was actually surprised it was over already. I liked the entire cast... thoguht they did a great job casting Wonder Woman. And I loved the little sneak peaks of Aquaman and Cyborg. Definitely one I would recommend... especially if you are already a fan of superhero movies.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 21, 2016, 05:08:25 PM »
     Batman: The Killing Joke: Limited Edition Gift Set (2016/United States)
Director:
Writing:
Length:77 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:
Subtitles:

Stars:
Kevin Conroy as Batman
Mark Hamill as The Joker
Tara Strong as Barbara Gordon / Batgirl
Ray Wise as Commissioner Gordon
John DiMaggio as Francesco

Plot:
From executive producer Bruce Timm and based on the acclaimed DC Comics graphic novel, Batman: The Killing Joke is a journey into the dark psycho of the Clown Prince of Crime. Follow his humble beginnings as a struggling comic to the fateful encounter with the Dark Knight that changed everything. Now escaped from Arkham Asylum, The Joker sets out to prove that one bad day can make anyone just as insane as he is. With The Joker's sights set on Commissioner Gordon, can Batman stop the demented plan in time? Featuring a gripping prologue spotlighting Barbara Gordon (Batgirl) and featuring the return of Kevin Conroy as Batman, Mark Hamill as The Joker and Tara Strong as Batgirl, witness the birth of a super villain, the fortitude of a hero and the punchline that will leave you speechless!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy
  • 2 Bonus Cartoons

My Thoughts:

First let me state that I never read the comic... so I can not compare the two. I have been told various things about the comic so do know the differences here... but that is about it. When watching I was a little surprised that you don't even see the Joker till half way through the film. While I enjoyed the film... I definitely seen better Batman animated movies. I think this one could have been hyped a little too much for me before seeing it. What happened between Batgirl and Batman at the beginning of the movie seemed a bit on the weird side to me... but didn't bother me as much as some people. Over all a decent watch... worth the time... but don't get your hopes up too much for it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 02, 2016, 02:40:34 PM »
     The Incredibles (2004/United States)
Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Brad Bird
Writing:Brad Bird (Writer)
Length:115 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.38:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), Spanish: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), Spanish: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), Spanish: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish, Commentary

Stars:
Craig T. Nelson as Bob Parr / Mr. Incredible
Holly Hunter as Helen Parr / Elastigirl
Samuel L. Jackson as Lucius Best / Frozone
Jason Lee as Buddy Pine / Syndrome
Dominique Louis as Bomb Voyage

Plot:
From the creative minds behind the Toy Story films and Ratatouille comes this hilarious, action-packed animated adventure about a seemingly ordinary family with an incredible secret.

Known to the world as Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl, Bob Parr and his wife Helen were among the world's greatest crime fighters, saving lives and battling evil on a daily basis. Fifteen years later, they have been forced to adopt civilian identities and retreat to the suburbs to live "normal" lives with their three kids, Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack. Itching to get back into action, Bob gets his chance when a mysterious communication summons him to a remote island for a top secret assignment. He soon discovers that it will take a super family effort to rescue the world from total destruction.

Exploding with fun, The Incredibles is edge-of-your-seat entertainment for everyone!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Digital Copy
  • THX
  • 3 short films

My Thoughts:

I seen this one several times over the years... but it has been a very long time since I seen it. And is the first time I seen it since upgrading it to Blu-ray. The animation is done very well and where I am a big fan of Superhero movies... I felt the storyline was great too. Not to mention a good cast. Definitely one I would highly recommend for anyone who has never seen it. One that is good for the younger and older crowd alike.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 02, 2016, 06:01:38 PM »
     Yogi Bear (2010/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Director:Eric Brevig
Writing:Jeffrey Ventimilia (Writer), Joshua Sternin (Writer), Brad Copeland (Writer)
Length:80 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Dan Aykroyd as Yogi Bear
Justin Timberlake as Boo Boo
Anna Faris as Rachel
Tom Cavanagh as Ranger Smith
T.J. Miller as Ranger Jones

Plot:
Everyone's favorite pic-a-nic basket-stealing bear beings his meal-mooching ways to movies in this live-action/CG-animated adventure starring Dan Aykroyd as the voice of Yogi Bear and Justin Timberlake as the voice of Yogi's faithful pal Boo Boo. Anna Faris, Tom Cavanagh, T.J. Miller and Andrew Daly costar in this wonderful new incarnation of Hanna-Barbera's classic cartoon.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

I used to watch the cartoon as a kid all the time... so this one did bring back some nostalgic memories.Sure its a rather silly film. But it is good to have such a l"leave your brain at the door" silly film in your collection for when the mood hits. Another plus here is that it has Anna Faris in it... who I have grown to like quite a bit. Not to mention Tom Cavanagh who plays Ranger Smith... who went on to currently be playing Dr. Wells in the new Flash series. I would say this one is more for the fans of the cartoon for a little nostalgia and the kiddies.

Rating:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 06:03:59 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 10, 2016, 08:59:53 PM »
     Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief (2010/United States)
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Chris Columbus
Writing:Rick Riordan (Original Material By), Craig Titley (Screenwriter)
Length:119 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: DTS: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:Chinese, English, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Logan Lerman as Percy Jackson
Brandon T. Jackson as Grover
Alexandra Daddario as Annabeth
Jake Abel as Luke
Sean Bean as Zeus

Plot:
MODERN AND MYTHICAL WORLDS COLLIDE in this thunderous fantasy-adventure starring Pierce Brosnan, Kevin McKidd and Uma Thurman! Percy Jackson is no ordinary teenager...he's just learned he's the son of Poseidon and is accused of stealing Zeus' lightning bolt - the most powerful weapon ever created! With storm clouds brewing, Percy embarks on an incredible journey to prove his innocence and prevent a war amongst the gods that could destroy our world!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Interactive Games
  • BD-Live

My Thoughts:

I knew very little of these films before watching this today. And I can not compare this film with the book... but I must say I was pleasantly surprised after watching this one. It really does remind me of the Harry Potter franchise... except this one deals with the Greek mythos...having Gods and Demi-Gods instead of wizards. The story easily kept my attention through-out the film and I liked all the characters. And there was some recognizable faces that appear in small parts of the film such as Uma Thurman as Medusa. I seen some bad reviews of this film... sure there film is no acadamy award winner... but I recommend checking this one out. I found it to be a good pop-corn flick... just leaveyour brain at the door and enjoy. I know I am Looking forward to the next film.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 11, 2016, 04:45:51 AM »
     Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (2013/United States)
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Thor Freudenthal
Writing:Marc Guggenheim (Screenwriter), Rick Riordan (Story By)
Length:106 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Dutch: DTS: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Russian: DTS: 5.1, Other: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:Chinese, Dutch, English, Estonian, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Other

Stars:
Logan Lerman as Percy Jackson
Alexandra Daddario as Annabeth
Douglas Smith (1985) as Tyson
Leven Rambin as Clarisse
Brandon T. Jackson as Grover

Plot:
The magical, mythical adventrues of teenager Percy Jackson — son of the Greek god Poseidon — continue in this heroic, action-packed thrill ride!

Out to prove he's not just a "one-quest wonder," Percy and his demigod friends embark on an epic. cross-country journey into the treacherous Sea of Monsters, where they battle terrifying creatures, an army of zombies, and the ultimate evil. With time running out, Percy must find and bring home the fabled Golden Fleece, which has the power to save his world...and save us all!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy
  • Tyson Motion Comic

My Thoughts:

While I still enjoyed the film... I found I didn't care for it as much as the first one. First of all I didn;t care for the addition of Tyson... I just couldn't warm up to the character. I just didn't feel like I cared about him much at all. I did however like where the storyline went... though disappointed it was left open for a third one... a third one we will likely never get. But over all... worth the time put in to watch it. But be sure to watch them in order... as it really is a continuing storyline much like the Harry Potter films.

Rating:
Pete