Author Topic: What Movies I Been Watching  (Read 467507 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What Movies I Been Watching
« Reply #630 on: November 03, 2014, 10:33:40 PM »
     Bride Wars (2009/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:Gary Winick
Writing:Greg DePaul (Story By), Greg DePaul (Screenwriter), Casey Wilson (Screenwriter), June Diane Raphael (Screenwriter)
Length:89 min.
Rating:Rated PG : Suggestive Content, Language and Some Rude Behavior
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:Chinese, English, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Kate Hudson as Liv
Anne Hathaway as Emma
Bryan Greenberg as Nate
Chris Pratt as Fletcher
Steve Howey as Daniel
Candice Bergen as Marion

Plot:
The bouquets are flying the laughs keep coming in this outrageous hit comedy! Best friends Liv (Kate Hudson) and Emma (Anne Hathaway) have always dreamed of the perfect wedding at New York's famed Plaza Hotel. But when their nuptials are accidentally booked for the same date, one of them will just have to switch her plans, right? As if!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
I just finished this one. I picked it up because I have become a fan of Anne Hathaway's over the past few years. I found this one to be a pretty decent movie... maybe slightly above average.... but it definitely could have been better. The main problem I had with this one is that I couldn't get myself to care all that much about the characters. The closest being Anne Hathaway's character and then I found I didn't care about her as much as I should have. In my honest opinion both the brides in this film seemed to be little more then spoiled... yes the wedding day is all about the bride and what she wants. I agree with that fully. But no planned event... not even a wedding goes off completely perfect. And they made it so that neither one of these girls would budge even in the slightest. Which did nothing but make the characters seem unlikable. But over-all an entertaining movie. I can see myself watching this one again at some point.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 12, 2014, 12:44:48 AM »
     The Devil Wears Prada (2006/United States)
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:David Frankel
Writing:Lauren Weisberger (Original Material By), Aline Brosh McKenna (Screenwriter)
Length:109 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Some Sexuality
Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, Spanish, Trivia

Stars:
Meryl Streep as Miranda Priestly
Anne Hathaway as Andy Sachs
Emily Blunt as Emily
Stanley Tucci as Nigel
Simon Baker as Christian Thompson
Adrian Grenier as Nate

Plot:
Based on the hilarious best-selling novel, this sinfully funny movie stars Oscar® winner Meryl Streep* as fashion magazine editor Miranda Priestly. Anne Hathaway co-stars as Andy, the young woman who lands a job "to die for" as Miranda's assistant — a job that might, in fact, be the death of Andy!

*1982, Best Actress, Sophie's Choice.
1979, Best Supporting Actress, Kramer vs. Kramer.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Going into this one I didn't think this would be my type of movie... but it has an actress I am a fan of. That being Anne Hathaway. I didn't care much for her character in this one though. But to be honest I didn't care for many of the characters at all. That being said... its not a bad movie... it definitely have its moments. An average film really... worth the time put in to watch it... but not one I see myself watching often.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 12, 2014, 01:22:11 AM »
     Teen Wolf (1985/United States)
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:Rod Daniel
Writing:Jeph Loeb [Joseph Loeb III] (Writer), Matthew Weisman (Writer)
Length:92 min.
Rating:PG
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Michael J. Fox as Scott Howard
James Hampton as Harold Howard
Susan Ursitti as Boof
Jerry Levine as Stiles
Matt Adler as Lewis
Lorie Griffin as Pamela

Plot:
What's a high school kid got to do to be popular? Just let down his hair and howl! Starring Michael J. Fox (Back to the Future), Teen Wolf is an outrageous comedy about a shy teenager with more than a changing voice to contend with...he's a budding young werewolf! And when his newfound powers help him score at basketball — and with the popular girls — he has some pretty hairy decisions to make.

Extras:

My Thoughts:
    OK... lets face it... Teen Wolf is far from award winning entertainment. But what it is... is good cheesy fun. Something to watch when you just want to sit back and enjoy. It is a real twist on the coming of age story. I think the whole werewolf idea is why I enjoy it so much... I definitely enjoy the monster movies... whether you can classify them as horror or not.

My Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    « Reply #633 on: March 30, 2015, 07:57:29 PM »
         Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009/United States)
    Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
    Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
    Director:Shawn Levy
    Writing:Robert Ben Garant (Writer), Thomas Lennon (1970) (Writer), Robert Ben Garant (Original Characters By), Thomas Lennon (1970) (Original Characters By)
    Length:105 min.
    Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
    Subtitles:Chinese, English, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
    Ben Stiller as Larry Daley
    Amy Adams as Amelia Earhart
    Owen Wilson as Jedediah
    Hank Azaria as Kahmunrah
    Robin Williams as Teddy Roosevelt

Plot:
    Ben Stiller leads an all-star cast (including Amy Adams, Owen Wilson, Hank Azaria and Robin Williams) as Larry Daley, a former night watchman at the Museum of Natural History, where the exhibits come to life after dark. But now Larry's nocturnal friends are being retired to the archives of the Smithsonian Institution, luring him back for a hilarious, all-out battle against museum misfits who plan to take over the Smithsonian...and the world!

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Audio Commentary
    • Bonus Trailers
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Featurettes
    • Interactive Games
    • Outtakes/Bloopers
    • BD-Live
    • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I enjoyed this one... it is basically more of the same of the first one. I liked the addition of Amelia Earhart,,, though I must say I didn't care much for Kahmunrah. There was just something that didn't seem right about the character, But over all I would say it is a fun watch that is worth the time put in to watch it.
    Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    « Reply #634 on: March 30, 2015, 10:49:22 PM »
         Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (2014/United States)
    (United States)
    Director:Shawn Levy
    Writing:David Guion (Screenwriter), Michael Handelman (Screenwriter), Mark Friedman (Story By), David Guion (Story By), Michael Handelman (Story By), Thomas Lennon (1970) (Original Characters By), Robert Ben Garant (Original Characters By)
    Length:98 min.
    Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
    Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
    Ben Stiller as Larry Daley
    Robin Williams as Teddy Roosevelt
    Owen Wilson as Jedediah
    Steve Coogan as Octavius
    Ricky Gervais as Dr. McPhee

Plot:
    If it's laughter you're after, get ready for the most hilarious night ever! Ben Stiller leads an all-star comedy cast, including Robin Williams, Owen Wilson, Rebel Wilson and Ricky Gervais, for one final, fun-filled Night at the Museum. This time, Larry Daley (Stiller) and his heroic friends embark on their greatest adventure yet as they travel to London in order to save the magic that brings the museum exhibits to life!

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Feature Trailers
    • Bonus Trailers
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Featurettes
    • Gallery
    • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed this one... it may actually be my favorite in the trilogy. While it is definately more of the same fun, it also has a little something extra that the first two did not. I liked how this one it wasn't someone after the tablet like in the first two... but them rushing to figure out what is wrong with the tablet. So when they changed up the story a little it was like they breathed new life into it. Watching this one it felt like the last one in the series... which disappoints me a little as I would have liked to seen one or two more. Not like they couldn't find more people from history to bring to life. I personally would have liked to seen one where they brought the tablet to a wax museum... where they could have done both celebrities as well as fictional characters such as Dracula, The Wolfman, Frankenstein... etc. etc. etc. Anyway... definitely worth the time to watch it... especially if you liked the first two.
    Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    « Reply #635 on: April 13, 2015, 08:39:25 PM »
         Tooth Fairy 2 (2012/United States)
    IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
    Director:Alex Zamm
    Writing:Ben Zazove (Writer), Jim Piddock (Original Characters By)
    Length:90 min.
    Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
    Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
    Larry The Cable Guy as Larry
    David Mackey as Beauguard "Bo" Billings
    Erin Beute as Brooke
    John Connon as Customer
    Bob Lipka as Hank McKible

Plot:
    Larry Guthrie is a fun-loving guy with a serious mission: to win back Brooke, the love of his life. But when Larry upsets a small boy with a loose tooth where Brooke works, he's "sentenced" to become a real tooth fairy. It's tutu-times the laughs watching Larry strut his stuff in pink tights and ballet shoes as he tries to restore the boy's faith before Brooke marries the wrong man – and he only has ten days to git-r-done!

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Bonus Trailers
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

To be quite honest I really wasn't expecting too much from this one. While it is not as good as the first film I found I enjoyed it quite a bit. Larry the Cable Guy was the same exact character that you expect from him in pretty much everything you see him in. But there is a few laughs to be had here. I would say this one is worth the time put in to watch it.... but at the same time I would say it isn't for everyone.

Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    « Reply #636 on: April 20, 2015, 05:50:32 PM »
         The Bounty Hunter (2010/United States)
    Wikipedia |IMDb |Trailer |
    Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
    Director:Andy Tennant
    Writing:Sarah Thorp (Writer)
    Length:111 min.
    Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
    Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
    Gerard Butler as Milo Boyd
    Jennifer Aniston as Nicole Hurley
    Gio Perez as Uncle Sam
    Joel Marsh Garland as Dwight
    Jason Kolotouros as Gelman

Plot:
    Milo Boyd (GERARD BUTLER, 300, The Ugly Truth), a down-on-his-luck bounty hunter, gets his dream job when he is assigned to track down his bail-jumping ex-wife, reporter Nicole Hurley (JENNIFER ANISTON, TV's "Friends"). Milo expects an easy payday, but nothing's ever easy with him and Nicole. The exes continually one-up each other – until they find themselves on the run for their lives.

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Bonus Trailers
    • Featurettes
    • BD-Live
    • Digital Copy
    • movieIQ

My Thoughts:

I always thought the trailer for this one looked good... so was happy when I found it cheap in a used store. I found when I watched it that I enjoyed it quite a bit. It has a fun storyline and I like the cast and their characters. The only thing I didn't care for here was the ending itself. The ending wasn't bad enough to ruin the film, but it did have me shaking my head. It was as if they knew the story they knew the story they wanted to tell but just didn't know how to go about ending it... and felt like they basically went with the first thing that popped in their mind.
    Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    « Reply #637 on: July 06, 2015, 05:58:33 PM »
         Body Bags: Collector's Edition (1993/United States)
    Scream Factory, Shout! Factory (United States)
    Director:John Carpenter (1948), Tobe Hooper
    Writing:Billy Brown (Writer), Dan Angel (Writer)
    Length:94 min.
    Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo
    Subtitles:English

Stars:
    John Carpenter as Coroner
    Tom Arnold as Man #1
    Tobe Hooper as Man #2
    Robert Carradine as Bill
    Alex Datcher as Anne
    Stacy Keach as Richard
    Sheena Easton as Megan
    Mark Hamill as Brent
    Twiggy as Cathy

Plot:
    Two Masters of Horror – John Carpenter (Halloween, The Thing) and Tobe Hooper (The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Lifeforce) – come together to create a chilling anthology of terror.

Alex Datcher (Passenger 57) stars as a woman working the late shift at "The Gas Station" while a killer is on the loose. Then, Stacy Keach (Road Games) can't stand the thought of losing his "Hair" and he'll do anything to keep it. And finally, Mark Hamill (Star Wars) portrays a baseball player that submits to an "Eye" transplant after he loses an eye in a car accident.

Featuring guest appearances by Deborah Harry, Sheena Easton, Twiggy, David Naughton (An American Werewolf In London), John Agar (Tarantula), David Warner (Time After Time) and cameos by Wes Craven, Tobe Hooper and Roger Corman, Body Bags delivers a fright-filled night of horror.

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Audio Commentary
    • Feature Trailers
    • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

This is a TV movie that originally aired on ShowtimeI haven't seen this one since it originally aired over 20 years ago. Going into this one all I really really remembered is I enjoyed it quite a bit. While I didn't enjoy it quite as much as I remembered... I still enjoyed it quite a bit and glad I finally have it in my collection. The first of the stories is by far my favorite. The other two... while not as good... are still rather enjoyable.This film is worth the hour and a half you need to put in to watch it. But it is not the best anthology horror I have seen.
    Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    « Reply #638 on: August 17, 2015, 02:18:56 PM »
         Gone Girl (2014/United States)
    Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
    Director:David Fincher
    Writing:Gillian Flynn (Original Material By), Gillian Flynn (Screenwriter)
    Length:149 min.
    Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
    Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Czech: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Polish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Turkish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
    Subtitles:Czech, English, French, Polish, Portuguese, Slovakian, Spanish, Turkish

Stars:
    Ben Affleck as Nick Dunne
    Rosamund Pike as Amy Dunne
    Neil Patrick Harris as Desi Collings
    Tyler Perry as Tanner Bolt
    Carrie Coon as Margo Dunne

Plot:
    GONE GIRL – directed by David Fincher and based upon the global best seller by Gillian Flynn – unearths the secrets at the heart of a modern marriage. On the occasion of his fifth wedding anniversary, Nick Dunne (Ben Affleck) reports that his beautiful wife, Amy (Rosamund Pike), has gone missing. Under pressure from the police and a growing media frenzy, Nick's portrait of a blissful union begins to crumble. Soon his lies, deceits and strange behavior have evreyone asking the same dark question: Did Nick Dunne kill his wife?

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Audio Commentary
    • Digital Copy
    • 'Amazing Amy Tattle Tale' Book

My Thoughts:

I must say I definitely enjoyed this one. It has a very good story with lots of twists and turns.One you definitely have to give all your attention to while watching... but that is not hard as it easily keeps your interest. The entire cast did a fine job... as I was easily able to care about all the characters. I definitely recommend this one if you haven't seen it yet.
    Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    « Reply #639 on: November 02, 2015, 07:18:00 PM »
         Julie & Julia (2009/United States)
    IMDb |Trailer |
    Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
    Director:Nora Ephron
    Writing:Julie Powell (Original Material By), Julia Child (Original Material By), Alex Prud'homme (Original Material By), Nora Ephron (Screenwriter)
    Length:123 min.
    Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
    Subtitles:English, French

Stars:
    Meryl Streep as Julia Child
    Amy Adams as Julie Powell
    Stanley Tucci as Paul Child
    Chris Messina as Eric Powell
    Linda Emond as Simone Beck

Plot:
    A culinary legend provides a frustrated office worker with a new recipe for life in Julie & Julia, the true stories of how Julia Child's (Meryl Streep) life and cookbook inspired fledgling writer Julie Powell (Amy Adams) to whip up 524 recipes in 365 days and introduce a new generation to the magic of French cooking. Stanley Tucci (The Devil Wears Prada) co-stars in director Nora Ephron's delicious comedy about joy, obssesion and butter. Bon appétit!

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Audio Commentary
    • Bonus Trailers
    • Featurettes
    • Closed Captioned
    • BD-Live

My Thoughts:

This is an entertaining film.... I liked the characters and the storyline. This one is based on not one... but 2 true stories. The life of Julia Child as well as on Julie Powell. An inspiring writer who wrote a blog about making all the recipes in the Julia Child cook book in one year.The one thing I didn't care for is Julia Child's reaction to what Julie was doing. But I guess it can't always go as expected when what you are watching is a true story... as life does not always go good. Worth the time put in to watch it.... though there is better movies out there.

Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    « Reply #640 on: February 15, 2016, 08:47:30 PM »
         The Maze Runner (2014/United States)
    IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
    Director:Wes Ball
    Writing:Noah Oppenheim (Screenwriter), Grant Pierce Myers (Screenwriter), T. S. Nowlin (Screenwriter), James Dashner (Original Material By)
    Length:113 min.
    Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
    Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Italian: DTS: 5.1
    Subtitles:Arabic, Czech, Dutch, English, French, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
    Dylan O'Brien as Thomas
    Aml Ameen as Alby
    Ki Hong Lee as Minho
    Blake Cooper as Chuck
    Thomas Sangster [Thomas Brodie-Sangster] as Newt

Plot:
    In this heart-pounding survival thriller based on the best-selling novel, Thomas (Dylan O'Brien of MTV's Teen Wolf) wakes up trapped in a massive, ever-changing maze with a group of boys who have no memory of the outside world. Facing dangerous obstacles at every turn – especially the deadly Grievers that roam the concrete corridors at night – Thomas and the others must race to piece together clues in order to discover their true purpose... and find a way out before it's too late!

Extras:

My Thoughts:

I been curious about this film since the first time I saw the trailer. Not being familiar with the books... this film is my introduction to this story. I enjoyed it quite a bit... but at the same time I found I was expecting a little more from it, But I really can't put my finger on what it was that bothers me here. It is definitely worth the time put in to watch it... but at the same time I found my mind wondering off and on throughout the entire film.

Rating:
      Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
        • View Profile
      « Reply #641 on: February 22, 2016, 02:46:27 PM »
           Spy (2015/United States)
      Director:Paul Feig
      Writing:Paul Feig (Writer)
      Length:130 min.
      Video:Widescreen 2.39:1
      Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
      Subtitles:English, French, Spanish, Commentary

Stars:
      Jude Law as Bradley Fine
      Raad Rawi as Tihomir Boyanov
      Melissa McCarthy as Susan Cooper
      Jessica Chaffin as Sharon
      Miranda Hart as Nancy B. Artingstall

Plot:
      MELISSA McCARTHY is armed and hilarious in this "outrageously entertaining" (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone) comedy hit from director PAUL FEIG (The Heat, Bridesmaids)! Deskbound CIA analyst Susan Cooper (McCarthy) is about to become the world's newest — and unlikeliest — secret weapon. When her partner (JUDE LAW) falls off the grid and another top agent (JASON STATHAM) is compromised, Susan volunteers to go deep undercover and bring down a deadly arms dealer. Loaded with wisecracking action and adventure, SPY is a mission impossible to resist!

Extras:
      • Scene Access
      • Audio Commentary
      • Feature Trailers
      • Deleted Scenes
      • Featurettes
      • Gallery
      • Outtakes/Bloopers
      • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I have been a fan of Melissa McCarthy for a while now so wanted to check out this film. While not great... I found it to be quite enjoyable. It has a few good laughs... but you really have to throw believability out the window. If you can do that there is definitely some fun to be had here.

Rating:
      Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
        • View Profile
      « Reply #642 on: March 18, 2016, 04:19:30 AM »
           Darby O'Gill and the Little People (1959/United States)
      Walt Disney Home Entertainment, Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
      Director:Robert Stevenson
      Writing:Lawrence Edward Watkin (Writer), H. T. Kavanagh (Original Characters By)
      Length:91 min.
      Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
      Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono
      Subtitles:French, Spanish

Stars:
      Albert Sharpe as Darby O'Gill
      Janet Munro as Katie
      Sean Connery as Michael McBride
      Jimmy O'Dea as King Brian
      Kieron Moore as Pony Sugrue

Plot:
      Take a wee bit of ancient folklore, mix in some spectacular special effects and a magical cast (including Sean Connery) – and you've got one of the most enchanting fantasies of all time!

A frisky old storyteller named Darby O'Gill is desperately seeking the proverbial pot of gold. There's just one tiny thing standing in his way: a 21-inch leprechaun named King Brian. In order to get the gold, Darby must match his wits against the shrewd little trickster – which proves no small task, indeed!

Fall under the spell of Darby O'Gill And The Little People for a fun-filled evening of magic, mirth, and nonstop shenanigans!

Extras:
      • Scene Access
      • Featurettes
      • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

This is a film I haven't seen since I was a kid... but for some reason remained in my mind as a fun movie. That was about all I could remember about it. Well today we got to watch this one which I was excited going into it. Luckily I did not expect too much going in. I actually found I loved every minute of this film! The cast did a fantastic job... the story line and characters were all a lot of fun and surprisingly for such an old movie... the special effects on this film was great! And I must say... if I wasn't told ahead of time that Michael McBride was played by Sean Connery I would have never recognized him! This is one film I highly recommend!

Rating:
      Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
        • View Profile
      « Reply #643 on: May 23, 2016, 07:40:16 PM »
           Batman: Bad Blood (2016/United States)
      Warner Home Video (United States)
      Director:Jay Oliva
      Writing:J. M. DeMatteis [J.M. DeMatteis] (Writer), Bob Kane (Original Characters By), Doug Moench (Original Characters By), Tom Mandrake (Original Characters By), Len Wein (Original Characters By), John Calnan (Original Characters By), Marv Wolfman (Original Characters By), George Perez (Original Characters By), Denny O'Neil (Original Characters By)
      Length:73 min.
      Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
      Jason O'Mara as Batman / Bruce Wayne
      Yvonne Strahovski as Batwoman / Katherine Kane
      Stuart Allan as Robin / Damian Wayne
      Sean Maher as Nightwing / Dick Grayson
      Morena Baccarin as Talia al Ghul

Plot:
      The Gotham City night sky erupts in flames as Batman battles Firefly, Tusk and Killer Moth. But when the smoke clears, Batman is missing and the mysterious Batwoman is the only witness to the events. Now with the Bat Signal going unanswered and a city on edge, Nightwing and Robin form an uneasy alliance with Batwoman and newcomer Batwing. Together, they'll fight to uncover a sinister plot that involves mind control and a monstrous new villain known only as Heretic. It's an all-new, epic chapter from the DC Universe that proves that when it comes to Batman, justice truly does run in the family!

Extras:
      • Scene Access
      • Bonus Trailers
      • Featurettes
      • Digital Copy
      • 2 Episodes of Batman: The Brave and the Bold

My Thoughts:

I enjoyed this one a lot.Before this movie I was not familar with Batwoman or Batwing. But this film does a good job at introducing both characters. The story was entertaining and easily kept my interest through-out. It is one I would recommend.

Rating:
      Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
        • View Profile
      « Reply #644 on: May 28, 2016, 02:30:26 PM »
           Ghost Ship (2002/United States)
      Wikipedia |IMDb |Trailer |
      Warner Home Video (United States)
      Director:Steve Beck
      Writing:Mark Hanlon (Story By), Mark Hanlon (Screenwriter), John Pogue (Screenwriter)
      Length:91 min.
      Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, German: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
      Subtitles:Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish

Stars:
      Gabriel Byrne as Murphy
      Julianna Margulies as Epps
      Ron Eldard as Dodge
      Desmond Harrington as Ferriman
      Isaiah Washington (1963) as Greer

Plot:
      Finders keepers. Any abandoned ship floating in international waters can be claimed and towed to port by whoever is fortunate enough to find it. Or, in the case of one team of salvage experts, unfortunate enough.

In this stylish, effects-packed chiller from Dark Castle Entertainment, salvagers trained for any situation imaginable come face to horrifying face with the unimaginable after boarding a derelict luxury liner. Julianna Margulies, Ron Eldard, Isaiah Washington and Gabriel Byrne are among the hands on deck who'll confront a seafaring collector of souls. Steve Beck (Thirteen Ghosts) directs this terror tour de force. Bon voyage, fright fans!

Extras:
      • Scene Access
      • Feature Trailers
      • Featurettes
      • Music Videos

My Thoughts:

It has been years since I seen this one...I am so glad I upgraded to blu-ray which made me want to watch it again. As I forgot how much I enjoyed it. This one has a good story with likable characters. I especially liked Epps and Katie and their interaction. This is well worth the time put in to watch it... definitely recommended.

Rating:
      Pete