Author Topic: What Movies I Been Watching  (Read 467361 times)

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What Movies I Been Watching
« Reply #615 on: August 03, 2014, 11:43:25 PM »
I find Ben Stiller more miss that hit, but I thought he was ok in this one.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 09, 2014, 07:31:20 PM »
     The Legend of Billie Jean: Special 'Fair is Fair' Edition (1985/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Mill Creek Entertainment, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:Matthew Robbins
Writing:Mark Rosenthal (Writer), Lawrence Konner (Writer)
Length:95 min.
Rating:PG-13
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:None

Stars:
Helen Slater as Billie Jean
Keith Gordon as Lloyd
Christian Slater as Binx
Richard Bradford as Pyatt
Peter Coyote as Ringwald
Martha Gehman as Ophelia

Plot:
When local rich kid Hubie Pyatt (Barry Tubb) steals and wrecks Binx Davy's (Christian Slater) beloved motor scooter, Binx's older sister, Billie Jean (Helen Slater), demands the $608 it costs to fix it. Binx shoots Mr. Pyatt (Richard Bradford) by accident and he and Billie Jean flee town accompanied by Billie Jean's girlfriends, Ophelia (Martha Gehman) and Putter (Yeardley Smith). They become fugitives and when they pick up a very willing hostage, Lloyd (Keith Gordon), they become criminals. Billie Jean becomes a legend in her own time, a symbol of freedom to teenagers everywhere!

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary

My Thoughts:
I have not seen this movie in close to 30 years! I haven't seen it snce the '80s shortly after it's release. All I remembered is that I enjoyed this one... and I must say... all ths time later and I still loved this film! The downside to this blu-ray disc is that it was released by Mills Creek.... one of the worst... very low budget release. I was actually surprised to see this one has a commentary track with Helen Slater and Yeardly Smith. But at the same time they couldn't even put a menu for scene selection!?! I would love to see a blu-ray release for this one done right!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 11, 2014, 08:21:26 PM »
     The Dilemma (2011/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Director:Ron Howard
Writing:Allan Loeb (Writer)
Length:112 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Mature Thematic Elements Involving Sexual Content
Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: DTS: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Vince Vaughn as Ronny Valentine
Kevin James as Nick Brannen
Jennifer Connelly as Beth
Winona Ryder as Geneva
Channing Tatum as Zip
Queen Latifah as Susan Warner

Plot:
Vince Vaughn and Kevin James headline an all-star comedy from director Ron Howard. Ronny's (Vaughn) world is turned upside down when he inadvertently sees something he should not have, and makes it his mission to get answers. As the amateur investigation dissolves his world into comic mayhem, he learns that his best friend Nick (James) has a few secrets of his own. Now, Ronny must decide what will happen if he reveals the truth. Also starring Jennifer Connelly, Winona Ryder, Channing Tatum and Queen Latifah.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • BD-Live
  • Digital Copy
  • pocket BLU

My Thoughts:
I bought this film blind (never even heard of it before) soley because it stars Kevin James... who I became a fan of every since first seeing him on King of Queens. This is listed as a comedy film... and while there is comedy here... it really isn't that much. I found it more of a serious story about 2 friends. Sure there was some funny moments that put a bit of a smirk of enjoyment on my face... but there was no laugh out loud moments here. I actually thought Queen Latifa's character was the funniest in the entire movie. That being said... I did like the film. It was defintely worth the time put in to watch it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 11, 2014, 10:52:56 PM »
     The Last Starfighter: 25th Anniversary Edition (1984/United States)
Director:Nick Castle
Writing:Jonathan Betuel (Writer)
Length:101 min.
Rating:PG
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Kay E. Kuter as Enduran
Dan Mason as Lord Kril
Lance Guest as Alex Rogan
Dan O'Herlihy as Grig
Catherine Mary Stewart as Maggie Gordon
Barbara Bosson as Jane Rogan

Plot:
"GREETINGS, STARFIGHTER! You have been recruited by The Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and The Kodan Armada." So begins an adventure of galactic proportions in The Last Starfighter. After Earthling Alex (Lance Guest) conquers the Starfighter video game, he is recruited by alien Centauri (Robert Preston) to be part of an elite legion of fighters. Leaving behind his trailer park home for the outer regions of space, Alex becomes the last hope for the beleaguered Star League and hundreds of worlds – including Earth. Loaded with out-of-this world bonus features, The Last Starfighter 25th Anniversary Edition is the ultimate video game fantasy come true!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • BD-Live

My Thoughts:
This is the first time I have seen this one in years... probably since it first came out in the '80s. The story holds up well... even if the special effects has not. But then would you really expect them to on a film like this? I found this film to be a lot of fun. I have read reviews putting down the Beta Unit... the robot that stayed on Earth to tak Alex's place. But I enjoyed those scenes as well. This one is well worth the time put in to watch it. This is one I recommend checking out if you never seen it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 15, 2014, 07:54:06 PM »
     Bring It On: Fight to the Finish (2009/United States)
Director:Bille Woodruff
Writing:Elena Song (Writer), Alyson Fouse (Writer)
Length:102 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Some Language and Innuendo
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: DTS: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1

Stars:
Christina Milian as Lina
Vanessa Born as Gloria
Gabrielle Dennis as Treyvonetta
Christopher "War" Martinez as Cholo
David Starzyk as Henry
Laura Ceron as Isabel

Plot:
Christina Milian stars as sassy cheer captain Lina Cruz, whose world is turned upside-down when her family moves from the urban streets of East Los Angeles to the sunny beach town of Malibu. At her new school, Lina clashes with Avery, the ultra-competitive all-star cheer captain, while also falling for Avery's super-cute brother, Evan. Lina's always been able to rise to a challenge, but can she create a new all-star squad, beat Avery at the Spirit Championships and still keep her romance with Evan? Hot music, fierce competition and high-flyin' fun continue in this all-new movie!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • BD-Live

My Thoughts:
OK... this is not my usual type of movie. But when I saw this disc super cheap (less then $5) and remembered I somewhat enjoyed the first one that I would give it a chance. First of all not as good as the first one. They just didn't have the talent the first one had... I mean come on... how do you beat Eliza Dushku and Kristen Dunst? But even with that said... I wouldn't call this one terrible. So I would say it was entertaining enough considering what I paid for it... but it isn't something I see watching too often.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 22, 2014, 04:54:06 AM »
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014/United States)
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:Marc Webb
Writing:Alex Kurtzman (Screenwriter), Roberto Orci (Screenwriter), Jeff Pinkner (Screenwriter), Alex Kurtzman (Story By), Roberto Orci (Story By), Jeff Pinkner (Story By), James Vanderbilt (Story By), Stan Lee (Original Material By), Steve Ditko (Original Material By)
Length:142 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Sequences of Sci-fi Action/Violence
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man/Peter Parker
Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy
Jamie Foxx as Electro/Max Dillon
Dane DeHaan as Green Goblin/Harry Osborn
Colm Feore as Donald Menken
Felicity Jones as Felicia

Plot:
We’ve always known that Spider-Man’s most important battle has been within himself: the struggle between the ordinary obligations of Peter Parker and the extraordinary responsibilities of Spider-Man. But in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Peter Parker finds that a greater conflict lies ahead.
It’s great to be Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield). For Peter Parker, there’s no feeling quite like swinging between skyscrapers, embracing being the hero, and spending time with Gwen (Emma Stone). But being Spider-Man comes at a price: only Spider-Man can protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro (Jamie Foxx), Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. And as his old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: OsCorp

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:
I was so excited to see this movie. While I wasn't disappointed... as it is a good movie... it wasn't as good as the first one. Going by the trailer I was a little concerned on how they portrayed Electro. But after seeing the movie I found they did him pretty cool. Not thrilled with the storyline with Gwen Stacy though I do understand how they got there... so I can forgive that. But what I can't forgive is how they portrayed Rhino. I just did not like how they did him at all. But over-all a very good movie... this one is definitely worth every moment put in to watch it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 24, 2014, 08:26:58 PM »
     The Other Guys: The Unrated Other Edition (2010/United States)
Director:Adam McKay
Writing:Adam McKay (Writer), Chris Henchy (Writer)
Length:116 min.
Rating:Unrated
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, French, Hindi, Portuguese, Spanish, Commentary

Stars:
Derek Jeter as Himself
Samuel L. Jackson as P.K. Highsmith
Dwayne Johnson as Christopher Danson
RastasLarnell Stovall
Jalil Jay Lynch

Plot:
Misfit NYPD detectives Gamble and Hoitz (Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg) are sentenced to life behind the desk. They hate each other and the monotony of their meaningless jobs, as they're forced to live in the shadow of the two biggest and most badass cops on the force (Samuel L. Jackson and Dwayne Johnson). But when those guys go down for the count, opportunity knocks for Gamble and Hoitz. Stumbling onto what could be one of the biggest crimes in years, can The Other Guys step up their game to solve the case without killing each other and destroying NYC in the process? From the director of Step Brothers and Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • BD-Live

My Thoughts:
Not all that pleased with this one. It had it's moments here and there... but for the most part it just didn't work for me. I found most the comedy just not funny. That or was something I seen elsewhere more then once, It didn't help that I was never much of a fan of Will Ferrell... of Mark Wahlberg for that matter. But I found it super-cheap so figured I would give it a chance as I thought the basic storyline had promise. Unfortunately it just didn't work. The best I could give this one is average.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 25, 2014, 12:00:19 AM »
     Grown Ups (2010/United States)
Director:Dennis Dugan
Writing:Adam Sandler (Writer), Fred Wolf (Writer)
Length:102 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Crude Material Including Suggestive References, Language And Some Male Rear Nudity
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Portuguese: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Adam Sandler as Lenny Feder
Kevin James as Eric Lamonsoff
Chris Rock as Kurt McKenzie
David Spade as Marcus Higgins
Rob Schneider as Rob Hilliard
Salma Hayek as Roxanne Chase-Feder

Plot:
Just because you grow older doesn't mean you have to grow up! Comedy superstars Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade and Rob Schneider are at their outrageous and hysterical best playing childhood friends who reunite one holiday weekend to relive the good old days. It doesn't matter that these five guys are now respectable businessmen, husbands and fathers. Once they get back together, nothing is going to stop these kids-at-heart from having the time of their adult lives. From the people who brought you Click, comes this hilarious and heartwarming film that proves men will be boys.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • BD-Live
  • Digital Copy
  • movieIQ

My Thoughts:
I remember seeing this one before... and thinking it was only OK. But when I saw the disc at the store I had the urge to watch it again. On second viewing I thought it was great! Normally I find Adam Sandler really hit and miss on his films... this one I find to be a definite hit. Put that along with Kevin James and several others and we have here a really good time! This movie is a lot of fun... well worth the time put in to watch it! Definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't yet.

I now have the urge to walk up to the local Redbox and see if they have the second one I could rent. Though it's not like I don't have plenty here to watch as it is!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 31, 2014, 03:41:51 PM »
     The Shining (1980/United States, United Kingdom)
Warner Home Video
Director:Stanley Kubrick
Writing:Stephen King (1947) (Original Material By), Stanley Kubrick (Screenwriter), Diane Johnson (Screenwriter)
Length:144 min.
Rating:R
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: PCM: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance
Shelley Duvall as Wendy Torrance
Danny Lloyd as Danny
Scatman Crothers as Hallorann
Barry Nelson as Ullman
Philip Stone as Grady

Plot:
From a script he co-adapted from the Stephen King novel, director Stanley Kubrick melds vivid performances, menacing settings, dreamlike tracking shots and shock after shock into a milestone of the macabre. In a signature role, Jack Nicholson ("Heeeere’s Johnny!") plays Jack Torrance, who’s come to the elegant, isolated Overlook Hotel as off-season caretaker with his wife (Shelley Duvall) and son (Danny Lloyd). Torrance has never been there before – or has he? The answer lies in a ghostly time warp of madness and murder.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews

My Thoughts:
What to say about this movie? This film has the honor of being the first ever horror movie I seen. Since then I have become a complete horror fanatic. My all time favorite genre. This film is almost 35 years old now... and I must say it is just as good today as the day it first came out. It has a stellar cast... it has fantastic atmosphere... an outstanding creepy film. I can't think of any way this film could be better. While extremely long at 144 minutes... it doesn't seem like it while watching. This movie grabs your attention for the beginning and holds it to the very end... and seems to be over before you know it. If by some weird chance you never seen this film yet... it is one I cannot recommend any higher... is a must see!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 09, 2014, 11:49:12 AM »
     The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring: Extended Edition (2001/United States, New Zealand)
New Line Home Entertainment
Director:Peter Jackson
Writing:Fran Walsh (Screenwriter), Philippa Boyens (Screenwriter), Peter Jackson (Screenwriter), J. R. R. Tolkien (Original Material By)
Length:228 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Epic Battle Sequences and Some Scary Images
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 6.1 (Discrete), Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Alan Howard as Voice of the Ring
Noel Appleby as Everard Proudfoot
Sean Astin as Sam
Sala Baker as Sauron
Sean Bean as Boromir
Cate Blanchett as Galadriel

Plot:
Specially created for home viewing, over 30 minutes of new and extended scenes were added by director Peter Jackson, including new music composed by Howard Shore.

An ancient Ring thought lost for centuries has been found, and through a strange twist in fate has been given to a small Hobbit named Frodo. When Gandalf discovers the Ring is in fact the One Ring of the Dark Lord Sauron, Frodo must make an epic quest to the Cracks of Doom in order to destroy it! However he does not go alone. He is joined by Gandalf, Legolas the elf, Gimli the Dwarf, Aragorn, Boromir and his three Hobbit friends Merry, Pippin and Samwise. Through mountains, snow, darkness, forests, rivers and plains, facing evil and danger at every corner the Fellowship of the Ring must go. Their quest to destroy the One Ring is the only hope for the end of the Dark Lords reign!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Multi-angle
  • Storyboard Comparisons
  • DVD-ROM Content
  • BD-Live
  • Digital Copy
  • Interactive Middle-earth Map

My Thoughts:
Years ago when this film first came out on DVD I tried to watch this one... and just couldn't get into it. After watching it I just felt confused... unsure what I just seen and a bit on the bored side. Since that time I watched the first two Hobbit movies. Getting to know the characters and the storyline much better. Going into this film with more of an understanding of the characters and the storyline I find myself loving this series of films. I now can not wait to watch both The Two Towers and The Return of the King for the very first time ever. Wow... what a difference a little background info has done for me! It gave me a complete turnaround on my opinion of this film. This is a film I will definitely recommend now... but if you are like me and have no previous knowledge of the stories... do yourself a favor and watch The Hobbit films first!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 10, 2014, 02:19:34 PM »
     Hitch (2005/United States)
Director:Andy Tennant
Writing:Kevin Bisch (Writer)
Length:118 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Language and Some Strong Sexual References
Audio:English: PCM: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai

Stars:
Will Smith as Hitch
Eva Mendes as Sara
Kevin James as Albert
Amber Valletta as Allegra
Julie Ann Emery as Casey
Adam Arkin as Max

Plot:
Meet Hitch (Will Smith), New York City's greatest matchmaker. Love is his job and he'll get you the girl of your dreams in just three easy dates, guaranteed! And that's exactly what happens when Albert Brennaman (Kevin James, TV's "The King of Queens") wins the heart of gorgeous society heiress Allegra Cole (supermodel Amber Valletta). So when tabloid columnist Sara Melas (Eva Mendes, Stuck On You, Once Upon a Time in Mexico) decides to uncover the secret behind the tubby schlub's success, she's shocked to discover that Alex Hitchens, the charming young man she's been seeing, is the legendary date doctor himself. Exposed in a front-page scoop, it's now up to Alex to try to save Albert and Allegra's relationship as well as his own. Which only goes to show that just when you think you've found true love, there's always a HITCH.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
As much as I enjoy both Will Smith and Kevin James I am surprised I never seen this one before now. This is a fun movie... had me laugh out loud more then once. Even if it is a little on the predictable side it is a good storyline with a good cast. Definitely worth the time put in to watch it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 15, 2014, 02:55:31 PM »
     The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers: Extended Edition (2002/United States, New Zealand)
New Line Home Entertainment
Director:Peter Jackson (1961)
Writing:Fran Walsh (Screenwriter), Philippa Boyens (Screenwriter), Stephen Sinclair (Screenwriter), Peter Jackson (1961) (Screenwriter), J. R. R. Tolkien (Original Material By)
Length:236 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Epic Battle Sequences and Scary Images
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 6.1 (Discrete), Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
John Rhys-Davies as Voice of Treebeard
Bruce Allpress as Aldor
Sean Astin as Sam
John Bach as Madril
Sala Baker as Man Flesh Uruk
Sean Bean as Boromir

Plot:
Frodo Baggins and The Fellowship continue their quest to destroy The One Ring and stand against the evil of the dark Lord Sauron.

The Fellowship has divided and now find themselves taking different paths to defeating Sauron and his allies. Their destinies now lie at two towers - Orthanc Tower in Isengard, where the corrupted wizard Saruman waits and Sauron's fortress at Barad-dûr, deep within the dark lands of Mordor.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Storyboard Comparisons
  • DVD-ROM Content
  • BD-Live
  • Digital Copy
  • Interactive Middle-earth Map; Interactive Sound Demonstration of The Battle of Helm's Deep

My Thoughts:
I finally got to see the second installment... which does an excellent job of continuing the storyline. I enjoyed this one just as much as the first... the cast was great... the storyline was great... the battle scenes were fantastic. I don't know what more to say other then I can't wait to see the final installment.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 15, 2014, 05:57:58 PM »
     Labor Pains (2009/United States)
First Look Studios
Director:Lara Shapiro
Writing:Stacy Kramer (Writer), Lara Shapiro (Writer)
Length:89 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Sexual Content and Language
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Lindsay Lohan as Thea Clayhill
Luke Kirby as Nick Steinwald
Chris Parnell as Jerry Steinwald
Aaron Yoo as Miles
Bridgit Mendler as Emma Clayhill
Tracee Ellis Ross as Kristin

Plot:
Thea (Lindsay Lohan) is stuck in a dead-end job that she can't afford to lose. To stay employed, she fakes a pregnancy, and now she's milking her one big lie for everything it's worth. But faking this pregnancy is going to make giving birth look easy. Chris Parnell and Cheryl Hines also star in this hilarious comedy.

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Interviews

My Thoughts:
I got this one on a spur of the moment impulse buy... mainly got it because it was very cheap and the overview on the back cover sounded slightly interesting. I found it to be a fun movie... I have seen better romantic comedies... but feel this one is above average. Definitely worth the time put in to watch it. It is a cute story with a few funny moments.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 15, 2014, 06:31:38 PM »
     Marley & Me: 3-Disc Bad Dog Edition (2008/United States)
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:David Frankel
Writing:John Grogan (Original Material By), Scott Frank (Screenwriter), Don Roos (Screenwriter)
Length:116 min.
Rating:Rated PG : Thematic Material, Some Suggestive Content and Language
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:Chinese, English, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Owen Wilson as John
Jennifer Aniston as Jenny
Eric Dane as Sebastian
Kathleen Turner as Ms. Kornblut
Alan Arkin as Arnie Klein
Nathan Gamble as Patrick (Age 10)

Plot:
Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson unleash huge laughs as John and Jenny Grogan, a young couple contemplating the decision to have a baby. Then came Marley...an adorable Labrador pup who flunks obedience school and quickly turns his new home into a disaster area. But over the years, the Grogans come to realize that "the world's worst dog" truly brings out the best in them.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Digital Copy
  • Trivia Track

My Thoughts:
I don't really know what to say about this film... I watched it the other day... and don't get me wrong.. I did enjoy the movie... I was just somehow expecting more from it. I guess between the good cast... the good storyline and my hearing lots of good about it had my expectations up higher then it should have been. I went into this one expecting pure comedy... but there is a lot of drama here as well. Which really isn't a bad thing... just not what I was expecting. I may find I enjoy it more on a second viewing since I now know what to expect. But to me... right now... basically just an average movie.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 29, 2014, 06:40:33 PM »
     Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
Director:Anthony Russo, Joe Russo
Writing:Christopher Markus (Screenwriter), Stephen McFeely (Screenwriter), Joe Simon (Original Material By), Jack Kirby (Original Material By)
Length:136 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Intense Sequences of Violence, Gunplay and Action Throughout
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America
Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow
Robert Redford as Alexander Pierce
Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier
Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson / Falcon

Plot:
From the Studio that brought you Marvel's The Avengers comes an epic new adventure that teams Captain America (Chris Evans) with the Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and the Falcon to battle an unexpected and formidable enemy—the Winter Soldier.

Expand your Marvel collection as you relive the ultimate battle for the future of mankind. With compelling characters, both familiar and new, this edge-of-your-seat adventure lets you experience even more pulse-pounding excitement via exclusive bonus features on Blu-ray and Digital HD.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed every minute of this one. It has great action and a fantastic storyline. This over two hour movie went by so fast it seemed like it was over in no time at all! If you never got the chance to see this one I highly recommend it.

My Rating:
Pete