Author Topic: What Movies I Been Watching  (Read 467372 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What Movies I Been Watching
« Reply #585 on: February 05, 2014, 12:01:40 AM »
     When in Rome (2010/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Touchstone Home Entertainment, Buena Vista Home Entertainment
Director:Mark Steven Johnson
Writing:David Diamond (Writer), David Weissman (Writer)
Length:91 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Some Suggestive Content
Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Kristen Bell as Beth
Josh Duhamel as Nick
Anjelica Huston as Celeste
Danny DeVito as Al
Will Arnett as Antonio
Jon Heder as Lance

Plot:
Bring home the must-own romantic comedy of the year, filled with wildly funny twists and turns! When Beth, an unlucky-in-love New York curator (Kristen Bell), takes a whirlwind trip to Rome for her sister's wedding, an unexpected crush takes her by surprise. Quickly let down, she defiantly plucks coins from the Fontana de Amore, magically igniting the passions of some comically unsuitable suitors. As a charming reporter (Josh Duhamel) becomes zealously smitten, Beth is skeptical that he's the real deal. Don't miss hilarious performances from an all-star cast you'll want to see again and again, plus exclusive Blu-ray bonus material featuring an alternate opening and ending.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
This is a film I got cheap at Big Lots recently. I picked this one up because I been a fan of Kristen Bell since her Veronica Mars days. I enjoyed this film... but I definitely seen better Romantic Comedies. It is a cute idea.. I just think it could have been handled a bit better. Kristen Bell was great in this... and I like that they had Danny DeVito as one of the coin owners. Definitely worth a watch... but don't go in expecting too much.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 05, 2014, 12:41:41 PM »
     Super Buddies (2013/United States)
Disney
Director:Robert Vince
Writing:Kevin Dicicco (Original Characters By), Robert Vince (Writer), Anna McRoberts (Writer)
Length:80 min.
Rating:G
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Farsi: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:French, Spanish

Stars:
Trey Loney as Bartleby Livingstone
John Ratzenberger as Marvin "Gramps" Livingstone
Michael Teigen as Sheriff Dan (Voice)
Sam Adler as Billy
Jonathan Morgan Heit as Pete
Darien Provost as Sam

Plot:
Watch the fur fly as a new breed of superhero is born in Disney's fun-filled epic adventure.

An ordinary day at Fernfield Farms turns extraordinary when Budderball, Mudbud, B-Dawg, Buddha and Rosebud discover mysterious rings that grant them each a unique superpower. Before you can say, "Buddies, assemble," the pups unleash their amazing abilities and race to the rescue when a shape-shifting bully from outer space threatens the planet. But can they succeed in kicking major tail without revealing their new secret identities?

A must-own movie event packed with laughter, action and incredible new characters, Super Buddies proves when you use your wits and work together, you don't need superpowers to be a superhero!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:
Last night we watched this film. It is one I borrowed from the library. Well going into this one you pretty much know what to expect... just a fun and cute film for the entire family. Which is exactly what you get. Of course my being a fan of the superhero films this one appealed to me even more. I found it to be a nice surprise to have some familiar people doing some of the voice roles. There was Colin Hanks from Roswell and Debra Jo Rupp from That '70s Show. I feel comfortable recommending this film for the entire family. I plan on adding this (as well as the other "Buddies" film) to my collecton before too long.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 05, 2014, 07:42:00 PM »
     Sky High (2005/United States)
Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Walt Disney Home Entertainment
Director:Mike Mitchell
Writing:Paul Hernandez (Writer), Bob Schooley (Writer), Mark McCorkle (Writer)
Length:99 min.
Rating:Rated PG : Action Violence and Some Mild Language
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: PCM: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Michael Angarano as Will Stronghold
Kurt Russell as Steve/The Commander
Kelly Preston as Josie/Jetstream
Danielle Panabaker as Layla
Chris Wynne as News Anchor
Kevin Heffernan as Ron Wilson Bus Driver

Plot:
Experience the wonder of the film the New York Times calls "a clever hybrid of Harry Potter and The Incredibles" as Disney's Sky High soars on Blu-ray's high definition disc. The fun and excitement reach new heights in this extraordinary format.

The son of legendary crime fighters Commander and Jetstream, Will Stronghold has huge expectations as he enters a high-tech school known for molding the heroes of tomorrow. But with no apparent superpowers of his own, is Will destined to be mere sidekick? Watch in eye-popping 1080p as Will discovers his true strengths, and experience the awesome power of 5.1 48 kHz, 16-bit uncompressed audio. Heroic adventure truly takes flight with Blu-ray™ High Definition!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
I felt like another fun film... and since I picked this one up this morning I figured I would go ahead and watch it as well. I first saw this one watching Britt's DVD with her. I enjoyed it then so went ahead and grabbed this one when I saw it cheap. I found I enjoyed it just as much as the first time I saw it. I would have liked to seen a few more extras on the disc, but at least it has a few features to check out. I really liked that they got Lynda Carter to play the principle. Anyway... worth checking out if you haven't seen it yet.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 09, 2014, 02:41:44 PM »
     Gulliver's Travels (2010/United States)
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:Rob Letterman
Writing:Joe Stillman (Screenwriter), Nicholas Stoller (Screenwriter)
Length:85 min.
Rating:Rated PG : Brief Rude Humor, Mild Language and Action
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Jack Black as Lemuel Gulliver
Jason Segel as Horatio
Emily Blunt as Princess Mary
Amanda Peet as Darcy Silverman
Billy Connolly as King Theodore
Chris O'Dowd as General Edward

Plot:
Jack Black (Kung Fu Panda, School of Rock) is larger than life in this epic comedy-adventure based on the classic tale. When a shipwreck lands a lowly mailroom clerk named Gulliver (Black) on the fantastical island of Lilliput, he transforms into a giant — in size and ego! Gulliver's tall tales and heroic deeds win the hearts of the tiny Lilliputians, but when he loses it all and puts his newfound friends in peril, Gulliver must find a way to undo the damage. Through it all, Gulliver may just learn that it's how big you are on the inside that counts.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I went into this one not expecting much. When it comes to Jack Black it really can go either way... I have liked half the stuff I seen him in... and the other half I just couldn't stand. And the trailer really wasn't any help either. It looked like it could be right funny... but at the same time it looked like it could have gone the other way and been just stupid. After watching it... I have to say it had it's moments... but or the most part I really just wasn't impressed. Thankfully this is a DVD I got for free. But I wouldn't recommend wasting your time to watch this one.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 11, 2014, 10:59:17 PM »
     The House Bunny (2008/United States)
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:Fred Wolf
Writing:Kathleen McCullah Lutz (Writer), Kirsten Smith (Writer)
Length:97 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Sex-Related Humor, Partial Nudity and Brief Strong Language
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, French: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Thai: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Other

Stars:
Anna Faris as Shelley Darlingson
Colin Hanks as Oliver
Emma Stone (1988) as Natalie
Kat Dennings as Mona
Hugh Hefner as as Himself
Christopher McDonald as Dean Simmons

Plot:
When the manison’s favorite bunny, Shelley (Anna Faris), is kicked out of the hottest house in town, she gets lost in the wilderness of Beverly Hills. But when she stumbles into the sorriest sorority, Zeta Alpha Zeta, she finds a home where she can finally put her talents to good use. Then when Shelley meets a beau she’d like to tie on for good, she really has something to flirt for and thinks she might have a chance at life on the outside. Now the race is on to make over the girls and make Zeta the hottest house before the University shuts them down. Move in with The House Bunny and laugh your tail off!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • BD-Live

My Thoughts:
I first watched this one a few months back. I can't remember... either got it from the library or watched a friends copy or what it was. But I remember enjoying it. And the fact that Kat Dennings (2 Broke Girls) plays one of the sorority girls is a huge plus for me. And I am becoming a big fan of Anna Faris... he new TV Series Mom. Yesterday I got this blu-ray release and I just couldn't wait to watch it again. Sure there is a lot here that is awful silly... but even the first time I watch this film that is something I was expecting. I just find this to be a plain fun film. The blu-ray disc also has a lot of extras on it. Lots of deleted scenes and lots of featurettes as well as the other things listed above. Anyway... if you never seen this one I would say give it a chance. Just don't expect anything more then a fun, silly movie.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 16, 2014, 04:46:31 AM »
     The Heavenly Kid (1985/United States)
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:Cary Medoway
Writing:Cary Medoway (Writer), Martin Copeland (Writer)
Rating:PG-13
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French

Stars:
Lewis Smith as Bobby
Jason Gedrick as Lenny
Jane Kaczmarek as Emily
Richard Mulligan as Rafferty
Mark Metcalf as Joe
Beau Dremann as McIntyre

Plot:
Nerdish, bullied Lenny Barnes (Jason Gedrick, TV's Boomtown) gets divine intervention to educate him in the ways of amore. Enter Angel castoff Bobby Fantana (Lewis Smith, Wyatt Earp) – a former rebel-without-a-cause – to mold Lenny into the king of cool, and finally earn his entry into heaven. After Bobby gives Lenny an extreme makeover, Lenny learns that being popular isn't all it's cracked up to be. A hilarious gem with Jane Kaczmarek of TV's Malcolm in the Middle.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I remember seeing this one on VHS back in my teen years. But I haven't seen it sense. It is funny how some films stick with you. Even though I haven't seen this film in close to 30 years as I watched this one it all came flooding back to me. I actually could remember seeing most the scenes in the film. This is one I enjoyed very much. I don't know how popular it was back in the day... because I remember recommending it several times when I worked in the video store... and remember basically none of them knowing this film beforehand. Anyway this was a fun blast from the past for me. Definitely worth the tme to watch. It is one I borrowed from the library... so hoping to add it to my own collection before too long.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 16, 2014, 08:25:53 PM »
     127 Hours (2010/United States)
Director:Danny Boyle
Writing:Aron Ralston (Original Material By), Danny Boyle (Screenwriter), Simon Beaufoy (Screenwriter)
Length:94 min.
Rating:Rated R : Language and Some Disturbing Violent Content/Bloody Images
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
James Franco as Aron Ralston
Kate Mara as Kristi
Amber Tamblyn as Megan
Sean A. Bott as Aron's Friend
Koleman Stinger as Aron Age 5
Treat Williams as Aron's Dad

Plot:
FROM ACADEMY AWARD®-WINNING DIRECTOR DANNY BOYLE* (Slumdog Millionaire) comes the powerfully uplifting true story of one man's struggle to survive against mountainous odds.

Aron Ralston (James Franco) has a passion for all things outdoors. But when a falling boulder traps him in a remote Utah canyon, a thrill-seeker's adventure becomes the challenge of a lifetime. Over the next five days, Ralston embarks on a remarkable personal journey in which he relies on the memories of family and friends — as well as his own courage and ingenuity — to turn adversity into triumph!

*Directing, Slumdog Millionaire, 2008

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • BD-Live
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:
We decided to watch this film today... Somehow this is a film that got by me as I never even heard of it before. After watching this film from my friends collection... I have to say,,, I must add this film to my collection! James Franco was simply amazing! The story draws you in and keeps your attention through-out the film with ease. And the fact that it is a true story only adds to it. A very powerful story to say the least. If you haven't seen this film yet... I can't recommend it high enough. It really is a must see film.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 19, 2014, 12:10:13 PM »
     The Shaggy Dog (2006/United States)
Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Walt Disney Home Entertainment
Director:Brian Robbins
Writing:The Wibberleys (Screenwriter), Geoff Rodkey (Screenwriter), Jack Amiel (Screenwriter), Michael Begler (Screenwriter), Bill Walsh (Original Material By), Lillie Hayward (Original Material By), Don Tait (Original Material By), Felix Salten (Original Material By)
Length:99 min.
Rating:Rated PG : Some Mild Rude Humor
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1, Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Cole as The Shaggy Dog
Tim Allen as Dave Douglas
Kristin Davis as Rebecca Douglas
Zena Grey as Carly Douglas

Plot:
Comedian Tim Allen unleashes all the outrageous fun in this doggone hilarious update of Disney's comedy classic! The adventures begin when workaholic Dave Douglas (Allen) is accidentally transformed into a lovable dog. Now as Dave digs to uncover the mystery, this overworked dad wants nothing more than to stop fetching...and get back to fathering. But before he does, he's about to discover that being man's best friend gives him a curious insight into what it takes to be a great dad! The tail-wagging fun continues with bonus features to howl about including bone-tickling bloopers, deleted scenes, and a special bark-along bone-us feature dogs will love!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned
  • Bark-Along

My Thoughts:
I went ahead and watched this one last night. I originally seen this one when it was first released... but all I really remembered about it is that I enjoyed it at the time. And I still enjoyed it... it is a fun film even if it can get a little on the silly side at times. Unfortunately I never got to see the original films... so can't do any comparisons. But I found this to be a fun way to waste an hour and a half. It's well worth checking out.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 19, 2014, 08:05:52 PM »
     A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984/United States, United Kingdom)
New Line Home Entertainment, Warner Home Video
Director:Wes Craven
Writing:Wes Craven (Writer)
Rating:Rated 18 : Strong Sadistic Horror and Bloody Violence
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, English: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, German: Dolby Digital: Mono, Italian: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Spanish, Commentary, Trivia

Stars:
John Saxon as Lt. Thompson
Ronee Blakley as Marge Thompson
Heather Langenkamp as Nancy Thompson
Amanda Wyss as Tina Gray
Jsu Garcia [Nick Corri] as Rod Lane
Johnny Depp as Glen Lantz

Plot:
From modern horror master Wes Craven (Scream, Scream 2) comes a timeless shocker that remains the standard bearer for terror.

Nancy (Heather Langenkamp) is having grisly nightmares. Something monstrous wants to kill her. Meanwhile, her high-school friends, who are having the very same dream, are being slaughtered in their sleep by the hideous fiend of their shared nightmare. When the police ignore her explanation, she herself must confront the killer in his shadowy realm.

Featuring John Saxon (Enter The Dragon) and Johnny Depp in his first starring role and mind-bending special effects, this horror classic gave birth to one of the most infamous undead villains in cinematic history. Reportedly naming Freddy Krueger after a kid who had bullied him in school, writer-director Craven hatches a shock-fest from hell that "goes straight to the heart of terror" (Seattle Times).

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
After being given this blu-ray set last night... I felt I just had to watch this, one of my favorites of the '80s horror films. This is the film that started it all. The one where Freddy is actually scary instead of the comedian he becomes in the later films. Don't get me wrong... I really enjoy all the films in the franchise... but this one is easily the best. Robert Englund was fantastic in this one. As was Heather Langenkamp. And of course this is the film Johnny Depp got his start in. At this point I would imagine all horror fans have seen this by now.... but if you haven't... it is a must see... highly recommended!

The blu-ray has a nice selection of extras. Multiple commentary tracks... multiple featurettes... multiple alternate endings. Plenty on the disc to keep you busy for quite a while after the film itself.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 22, 2014, 01:07:09 AM »
     A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985/United States, United Kingdom)
Director:Jack Sholder
Writing:David Chaskin (Writer), Wes Craven (Original Characters By)
Length:86 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Dutch: Dolby Digital: Mono, Italian: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: Mono, Czech: Dolby Digital: Mono, Thai: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Other

Stars:
Mark Patton as Jesse Walsh
Kim Myers as Lisa Webber
Robert Rusler as Ron Grady
Clu Gulager as Mr. Walsh
Hope Lange as Mrs. Walsh
Marshall Bell (1942) as Coach Schneider

Plot:
Five years have passed since Freddy Krueger (Robert Englund) was sent howling back to hell. But now, a new kid on Elm Street is being haunted every night by gruesome visions of the deadly dream stalker. And if his twisted soul takes possession of the boy's body, Freddy will return from the dead to wreak bloody murder and mayhem upon the entire town.

When A Nightmare on Elm Street made a killing, horror fans shrieked for more. Soon the diabolic Freddy was resurrected with a vengeance - along with some of the most terrifying special effects ever to splatter the screen. Look for Robert Englund minus his Freddy face in the opening sequence. He's a real scream!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
Even though I do still feel this is a decent movie... it is my least favorite of the Elm Street movies. I can't even place my finger on what it is that I don't care for... just something about this one that didn't sit well with me. Freddy Krueger is still played pretty straight in this one. Hmmmm... makes me wonder if they didn't add the comedy to him because of the ratings/reviews that this one got.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 23, 2014, 02:20:51 AM »
     A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987/United States)
Director:Chuck Russell
Writing:Wes Craven (Screenwriter), Bruce Wagner (Screenwriter), Chuck Russell (Screenwriter), Frank Darabont (Screenwriter), Wes Craven (Story By), Bruce Wagner (Story By), Wes Craven (Original Characters By)
Length:97 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Dutch: Dolby Digital: Mono, Italian: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: Mono, Czech: Dolby Digital: Mono, Thai: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Other

Stars:
Heather Langenkamp as Nancy Thompson
Craig Wasson as Neil Gordon
Patricia Arquette as Kristen Parker
Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger
Ken Sagoes as Kincaid
Rodney Eastman as Joey

Plot:
Born the bastard son of a hundred maniacs, demented killer Freddy Krueger is back for fresh victims in this hallucinatory shocker co-written by original creator Wes Craven (Scream, Scream 2).

The last of the Elm Street kids are now at a psychiatric ward where Freddy haunts their dreams with unspeakable horrors. Their only hope is dream researcher and fellow survivor Nancy Thompson (Heather Langenkamp of the original Nightmare), who helps them battle the supernatural psycho on his own hellish turf.

Starring Patricia Arquette (Ed Wood, True Romance) and Academy Award®-nominee Laurence Fishburne (The Matrix, Hoodlum) and directed by Chuck Russell (The Mask, Eraser), "Dream Warriors is both a horrific and hysterical trip!" (L.A. Herald-Examiner).

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos

My Thoughts:
This is another of my favorite "Nightmare" movies. I love all the things the kids learned they could do in their dreams. Plus this one has one of my favorite actresses in it... Patricia Arquette. I have been a fan of hers since the first time I saw her TV Series "Medium". This movie is the start of Freddy being more comical. Which I don't mind at all... but I do think I liked how he was in the first part better. But in my honest opinion... this is a must see in the franchise.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 24, 2014, 12:20:06 PM »
     A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988/United States, United Kingdom)
Director:Renny Harlin, A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream ChildStephen Hopkins
Writing:William Kotzwinkle (Story By), Brian Helgeland (Story By), Brian Helgeland (Screenwriter), Scott Pierce (Screenwriter), Wes Craven (Original Characters By), A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream ChildLeslie Bohem (Screenwriter), John Skipp (Story By), Craig Spector (Story By), Leslie Bohem (Story By), Wes Craven (Original Characters By)
Length:93 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Dutch: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Italian: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Catalonian: Dolby Digital: Mono, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Czech: Dolby Digital: Mono, Thai: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:Catalonian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai

Stars:
John Beckman as Coach
Kisha Brackel as Friend
Brooke Bundy (1944) as Elaine
Wanda Bursey as Friend in Mourning
Hope Marie Carlton as Pin Up Girl
Kristen Clayton as Little Girl

Plot:
Proving there's no rest for the wicked, the unspeakably evil Freddy Krueger (Robert Englund) is again resurrected from the grave to wreak havoc upon those who dare to dream. But this time, he faces a powerful new adversary!

As her friends succumb one by one to Freddy's wrath, telepathically gifted Kristen embarks on a desparate mission to destroy the satanic dream stalker and release the tortured souls of his victims once and for all.

Directed by Renny Harlin (The Long Kiss Goodnight, Cliffhanger) and loaded with killer effects and drop-dead humor, this is a "superior horror picture that balances wit and gore with imagination and intelligence" (Los Angeles Times).

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
While I still enjjoyed this one... it wasn't quite as good as the first or third one... but definitely better then the second. Like the rest in the series... it is well worth the time put in to watch it. I was sorry to see them replace the actress playing Kristen... thought that Patricia Arquette was better in the role. But that is just a minor complaint.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 28, 2014, 04:12:44 AM »
     Justice League: War (2013/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Warner Home Video
Director:Jay Oliva
Writing:Heath Corson (Writer), Geoff Johns (Original Material By), Jim Lee (Original Material By), Jerry Siegel (Original Characters By), Joe Shuster (Original Characters By), Bob Kane (Original Characters By), William Moulton Marston (Original Characters By), Marv Wolfman (Original Characters By), George Perez [George Pérez] (Original Characters By), Jack Kirby (Original Characters By)
Length:79 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Sequences of Violence and Action, and Some Language
Video:Widescreen :1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Sean Astin as Shazam
Zach Callison as Billy Batson
Christopher Gorham as Flash / Barry Allen
Justin Kirk as Green Lantern / Hal Jordan
Michelle Monaghan as Wonder Woman

Plot:
In Gotham City's shadows lurks a mysterious figure, a silent guardian known only as the Batman. While battling crime and an ever-growing public distrust, he faces the injustices of the night alone. During a criminal pursuit, the Batman crosses paths with the arrogant intergalactic cop Green Lantern, and the unlikely duo uncovers an impending threat bigger and more deadly than anything the Earth has faced before. For the Earth to have a chance to survive, it will be a race to forge an uneasy alliance of its greatest super powers, including the Kryptonian alien, Superman; the Amazonian envoy, Wonder Woman; and the Scarlet Speedster, the Flash. Along with newcomers Cyborg and teen super hero Shazam, this awesome assembly of the world's finest are prepared to meet evil head-on and offer mankind its only hope, if they don't self-destruct first!

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Sneak Peek at Son of Batman

My Thoughts:
I finally got to this one this evening. I been looking forward to it since I got it in my collection a few days ago. But I knew the others in the house wanted to see it as well so waited till we were all able to watch it together. First I must say this animated movie is off the new DC 52 comics so some things are different. Most notibly some of the costumes. Superman's costume I have already gotten used to from the Man of Steel film. But it took quite a bit to get used to the way they did Wonder Woman's costume. And I still prefer the classic costume over this one. And it was also a bit strange seeing her fighting with a sword through-out the whole film. They also made some changes to the look of Cyborg. I missed Flash being the over-confident smart-mouth of the bunch. But at least they still had this fun aspect to one of the heroes... they just switched it over to Green Lantern. The storyline itself was fantastic! I loved every moment of this film! It is just some of the changes to some of the characters that bugged me a little. But if you are a fan of these animated superhero films this one is a must see! And now I am looking forward to checking out the next film coming from the DC Universe... Son of Batman.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 02, 2014, 01:14:25 AM »
     The Call (2013/United States)
Sony Picture Home Entertainment
Director:Brad Anderson (1964)
Writing:Richard D'Ovidio (Story By), Nicole D'Ovidio (Story By), Jon Bokenkamp (Story By), Richard D'Ovidio (Screenwriter)
Length:94 min.
Rating:Rated R : Violence, Disturbing Content and Some Language
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish, Commentary

Stars:
Halle Berry as Jordan Turner
Abigail Breslin as Casey Welson
Morris Chestnut as Officer Paul Phillips
Michael Eklund as Michael Foster
David Otunga as Officer Jake Devans
Michael Imperioli as Alan Denado

Plot:
In this heart-pounding, edge-of-your-seat thriller, veteran 911 operator Jordan (Academy Award® Winner Halle Berry: Best Actress, Monster's Ball, 2001) takes a life-altering call from a teenage girl (Academy Award® Nominee Abigail Breslin: Best Supporting Actress, Little Miss Sunshine, 2006) who has been kidnapped and thrown into the trunk of a madman's car. But with the clock ticking, Jordan soon realizes she must confront a killer from her past to put an end to a serial killer's haunting rampage. Also starring Morris Chestnut.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
I recently got this one at the library... but didn't have the chance to watch it before it was due back. So this is my fist time watching this film. Months ago my brother recommended this movie to me... and I must say he was right. I enjoyed every moment of this movie... well at least until we got to the end of the film. Then it took an unexpected turn... one that I would have preferred not to happen. But it wasn't so bad that it ruined the film for me. Still well worth the time put in to watch it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 09, 2014, 03:26:53 PM »
     Carrie (2013/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Director:Kimberly Peirce
Writing:Stephen King (1947) (Original Material By), Lawrence D. Cohen (Screenwriter), Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (Screenwriter)
Length:100 min.
Rating:Rated R : Bloody Violence, Disturbing Images, Language and Some Sexual Content
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Julianne Moore as Margaret White
Chloë Grace Moretz as Carrie White
Gabriella Wilde as Sue Snell
Portia Doubleday as Chris Hargensen
Zoe Belkin as Tina
Samantha Weinstein as Heather

Plot:
Chloe Grace Moretz and Oscar® nominee Julianne Moore* star in this exhilarating reimagining of Stephen King's iconic best seller. After merciless taunting from classmates and abuse at the hand of her religious fanatic mother (Moore), Carrie's (Mortez) anger - and her telekinetic powers - are unleashed. And when a prom prank goes horribly wrong, events spiral out of control until the terrifying conclusion of this powerful, pulse-quickening horror story.

*Actress:2002, Far From Heaven; 1999, The End of the Affair. Supporting Actress: 2002, The Hours; 1997, Boogie Nights.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers

My Thoughts:
I got this one out of Redbox and watched it yesterday. I been waiting to see this film since I first heard it was being made... as I enjoyed both the Sissy Spacek version as well as the Angela Bettis version. I was mostly looking forward to this one as I have recently started to become a fan of Chloë Grace Moretz. While to be completely fair... I haven't seen the other two versions in quite some time... but I thought Chloë did a fantastic job as Carrie. She could quite possibly replace Sissy Spacek as my favorite actress to portray Carrie! They kept quite a lot of the scenes the same in this film... but they changed enough to keep the film interesting. Especially towards the end. And the changes they made I liked. This is definitely a film I will be looking to add to my collection as soon as I possibly can!

My Rating:
Pete