Author Topic: What Movies I Been Watching  (Read 467460 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What Movies I Been Watching
« Reply #570 on: January 09, 2014, 11:25:05 PM »
     SpaceCamp (1986/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
MGM Home Entertainment
Director:Harry Winer
Writing:W. W. Wicket (Screenwriter), Casey T. Mitchell (Screenwriter), Patrick Bailey (Story By), Larry B. Williams (Story By)
Length:107 min.
Rating:PG
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Kate Capshaw as Andie
Lea Thompson as Kathryn
Kelly Preston as Tish
Larry B. Scott as Rudy
Joaquin Phoenix [Leaf Phoenix] as Max
Tate Donovan as Kevin

Plot:
Zero gravity meets zero fear in this cosmic comedy-adventure about a summer camp where regular kids check in...and real astronauts check out! Starring Kate Capshaw, Lea Thompson, Kelly Preston, Larry B. Scott, Leaf Phoenix and Tate Donovan, SpaceCamp is a wild and wonderful thrill-ride packed with "special effects...spectacular moments" (Film Journal) and a "gripping climax" (Time Out Film Guide) that's out of this world!

For five typical teens, NASA's space camp promises to be a fun way to blow off the summer. But when a space shuttle exercise misfires, they find themselves launched into orbit, facing the adventure of a lifetime. Now, the only way back to Earth is to take command of the ship and control of their destinies, before time – and oxygen – runs out!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Decided to check this one out today. It is a part of my friends collection... and one I haven't seen since it was originally released on VHS. I remembered enjoying it quite a bit at the time... and time has not changed this opinion. This film easily kept my intrest from beginning to end. If you never seen this film I definitely recomend it. Hope to add it to my own collection.

My Rating:
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #571 on: January 10, 2014, 02:16:55 AM »
 :tv:  I've seen this a couple times...the first time might've been in the theatre.  I have always liked it, not surprising since I like both Kate Capshaw and Lea Thompson.  I think John Williams, my favorite film composer, may have provided the music for this also.  :thumbup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 12, 2014, 01:18:05 AM »
I just watched Abbott & Costello in Little Giant. In this one Costello plays a country hick that gets a job selling vacuum cleaners. This one is pretty good... but far from the best Abbott & Costello film I have seen. It has a few good laughs in it... but not so much that I could recommend this one all that strongly. I would say average at best.

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 14, 2014, 09:45:55 PM »
     Herbie Fully Loaded (2005/United States)
Buena Vista Home Entertainment
Director:Angela Robinson
Writing:Gordon Buford (Original Characters By), Thomas Lennon (Story By), Robert Ben Garant (Story By), Mark Perez (Story By), Thomas Lennon (Screenwriter), Robert Ben Garant (Screenwriter), Alfred Gough (Screenwriter), Miles Millar (Screenwriter)
Length:101 min.
Rating:G
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French

Stars:
Lindsay Lohan as Maggie Peyton
Michael Keaton as Ray Peyton Sr.
Matt Dillon as Trip Murphy
Breckin Meyer as Ray Peyton Jr.
Justin Long as Kevin
Cheryl Hines as Sally

Plot:
Start your engines! Lindsay Lohan (Mean Girls, Freaky Friday) does the driving when Herbie – the fun-lovin', freewheelin' '63 VW Beetle with a mind of its own – returns better than ever in Disney's all new, revved-up comedy adventure! Though a third-generation member of a NASCAR family, Maggie Peyton (Lohan) has always been forbidden from following her racing dreams by her overprotective father (Michael Keaton – First Daughter). But she has no idea her life is about to take a huge u-turn! After discovering the irresistible Herbie in a junkyard, they form a magical team that will save her family and rewrite the racing record books! With Breckin Meyer (Road Trip), Matt Dillon (There's Something About Mary) and an all-star cast along for the ride, you better believe ol' Number 53 has some new tricks under his hood!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I picked this one up at the library today. I have always liked the old Herbie movies... and ths one is no different. Sure it isn't something that will go down in cinema history... but it is a whole lot of fun. And lets face it... sometimes that is all you need from a film. I think my favorite scene of the movie has to be Herbie in the demolition derby. This is one film I hope to add to my collection before too long.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 16, 2014, 10:32:02 PM »
     The Conjuring (2013/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
New Line Home Video
Director:James Wan
Writing:Chad Hayes (Writer), Carey W. Hayes (Writer)
Length:112 min.
Rating:Rated R : Sequences of Disturbing Violence and Terror
Video:Widescreen
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Vera Farmiga as Lorraine Warren
Patrick Wilson as Ed Warren
Lili Taylor as Carolyn Perron
Ron Livingston as Roger Perron
Shanley Caswell as Andrea
Haley McFarland as Nancy

Plot:
Based on true events, The Conjuring tells the thrilling story of ghost hunters Lorraine and Ed Warren (Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson), who help a family terrorized by an evil spirit in their mysterious farmhouse.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:
Just finished watching this one. It is another one I recently got from the library. I enjoyed every minute of it... definitely worth the time put in to watch it.Though I didn't find it nearly as scary as people has told me it was. Sure there was a couple decent jump scenes... but that is about it. I am looking forward to adding this one to my collection before too long.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 19, 2014, 01:41:45 AM »
     The Breakfast Club: 25th Anniversary Edition (1985/United States)
Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Director:John Hughes (1950)
Writing:John Hughes (1950) (Writer)
Length:97 min.
Rating:R
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Emilio Estevez as Andrew Clark
Paul Gleason as Richard Vernon
Anthony Michael Hall as Brian Johnson
John Kapelos as Carl
Judd Nelson as John Bender
Molly Ringwald as Claire Standish

Plot:
From writer/director John Hughes (Sixteen Candles, Weird Science), The Breakfast Club is an iconic portrait of 1980s American high shcool life. When Saturday detention started, they were simply the Jock, the Princess, the Brain, the Criminal and the Basket Case, but by that afternoon they had become closer than any of them could have imagined. Featuring an all-star '80s cast including Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald, and Ally Sheedy, this warmhearted coming-of-age comedy helped define an entire generation!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • BD-Live

My Thoughts:
I just finished watching this one. It is one of the few well known '80s films that I never seen. And this one is really filled with well known stars. The one that surprised me... I would have never recognized him if they didn't say it in the trailer... is Anthony Michael Hall. I loved him in the TV series The Dead Zone. Anyway... I enjoyed every minute of this one. If you never seen this movie I haighly recommend it! I got this one from the library... so I am hoping I will be able to add it to my collection before too long!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #576 on: January 19, 2014, 04:26:39 AM »
How is it possible that you hadn't seen this before?

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 22, 2014, 09:19:59 PM »
LOL... it happens. There is just not enough time in the day to see them all! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 22, 2014, 09:24:20 PM »
     The Wolverine (2013/United States)
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:James Mangold
Writing:
Length:136 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Sequences of Intense Sci-Fi Action and Violence, Some Sexuality and Language
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, German: DTS: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Hugh Jackman as Logan
Tao Okamoto as Mariko
Rila Fukushima as Yukio
Hiroyuki Sanada as Shingen
Svetlana Khodchenkova as Viper
Brian Tee as Noburo

Plot:
Hugh Jackman returns as The Wolverine and faces his ultimate nemesis in an action-packed life-or-death battle that takes him to modern-day Japan. Vulnerable for the first time and pushed to his limits, Logan confronts not only lethal samurai steel but also his inner struggle against his own immortality; an epic fight that will leave him forever changed.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy
  • X-Men: Days of the Future Past set tour
  • Second Screen App

My Thoughts:
This is another one I borrowed from the library. The first thing I did was watch the trailer for the film. Going by the trailer... I must admit I was a little concerned if I would like this one or not. But it didn't take long at all for me to get into the story. Before I knew it I was enjoying it quite a bit. Now compared to the other X-Men films... I must say this one is probably my least favorite. But don't take that wrong... this one is still well worth the time put in to watch it. I just prefer the others a little more. But this is one I hope to add to my collection before too long.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #579 on: January 24, 2014, 04:07:44 AM »
LOL... it happens. There is just not enough time in the day to see them all! :P

Well, this is true.  I am having that problem myself.  It doesn't help that work is picking up. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 29, 2014, 02:59:16 AM »
     The A-Team: Unrated Extended Cut (2010/United States)
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:Joe Carnahan
Writing:Frank Lupo (Original Material By), Stephen J. Cannell (Original Material By), Joe Carnahan (Writer), Brian Bloom (Writer), Skip Woods (Writer)
Length:134 min.
Rating:Unrated
Video:Widescreen 2.39:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Liam Neeson as Hannibal
Bradley Cooper as Face
Jessica Biel as Charissa Sosa
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson as B.A. Baracus
Sharlto Copley as Murdock
Patrick Wilson as Lynch

Plot:
There's more action, more adventure — and more attitude — in The A-Team Extended Edition, which includes a never-before-seen version of the film with spectacular added footage not shown in theaters!

Convicted by a military court for a crime they didn't commit, a daring team of former Special Forces soldiers must utilize their unique talents to break out of prison and tackle their toughest mission yet...this is a job for The A-Team!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • BD-Live
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:
This is the first time I ever seen this film... but I am a fan of the old TV series even though I haven't seen the series since I was a kid. Since I haven't seen the series in so many years I really can't accurately compare the film to the series. But what I can say is I had a lot of fun watching this film. There is a lot of great action and a few decent laughs along the way as well. I would recommend checking this one out. It is great for a couple hours of mindless fun!

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 29, 2014, 09:27:07 PM »
     New York Minute (2004/United States)
Warner Home Video
Director:Dennie Gordon
Writing:Emily Fox (Story By), Emily Fox (Screenwriter), Adam Cooper (Screenwriter), Bill Collage (Screenwriter)
Length:91 min.
Rating:Rated PG : Mild Sensuality and Thematic Elements
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Ashley Olsen as Jane Ryan
Mary-Kate Olsen as Roxy Ryan
Eugene Levy as Max Lomax
Andy Richter as Bennie Bang
Riley Smith as Jim, the Bike Messenger
Jared Padalecki as Trey Lipton

Plot:
Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen take their sister act to the next level with the delightful comedy New York Minute. Top student Jane Ryan (Ashley) heads to Manhattan for a college scholarship competition. Her rebellious twin Roxy Ryan (Mary-Kate) goes along to crash a video shoot. But anything can happen – and does – in a romp involving a pursuing truant officer (Eugene Levy), a smuggler (Andy Richter), hunkalacious guys (Jared Padalecki, Riley Smith) and the girls' realization that when the chips are down, a sister can be the best friend of all.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I picked this one up used at a convience store a couple months ago. I picked it up cheap.. less then a dollar. Other then the Olsen Twins... this one also has Jared Padalecki (Supernatural). To be honest with you... when I picked this one up I really wasn't expecting too much from it. Then when I watched the trailer I saw some potential... but still didn't expect too much. After watching it I can say it had it's moments... but for the most part I have to say below average. Kinda the Olsen Twin's answer to Ferris Bueller's Day Off. As little as I paid for it... I really can't complain. But it isn't one I could recommend. Best I would say is if you are bored one day and can see this one for free.... well then there is worse things you can watch. But there is also plenty of better things that could be watched as well.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 01, 2014, 12:00:18 PM »
I am over here trying to decide if I want to keep the above movie in my collection.... or if I want to trade it in. I am just not sure... I may or may not ever want to watch it again. And on the plus side... it does have some cast members in it that I like. And I do like collecting the works of certain actors and actresses.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 01, 2014, 12:01:11 PM »
     Iron Man 3 (2013/United States)
Paramount Home Entertainment, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
Director:Shane Black
Writing:Drew Pearce (Screenwriter), Shane Black (Screenwriter), Stan Lee (1922) (Original Material By), Don Heck (Original Material By), Larry Lieber (Original Material By), Jack Kirby (Original Material By)
Length:131 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Sequences of Intense Sci-Fi Action and Violence Throughout, and Brief Suggestive Content
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: DTS-HD High Resolution: 7.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish, Commentary

Stars:
Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark
Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts
Don Cheadle as Colonel James Rhodes
Guy Pearce as Aldrich Killian
Rebecca Hall as Maya Hansen
Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan

Plot:
The studio that brought you Marvel's The Avengers unleashes the best Iron Man adventure yet with this must-own, global phenomenon starring Robert Downey Jr.

When Tony Stark/Iron Man finds his world reduced to rubble, one question haunts him: Does the man make the suit, or does the suit make the man? Featuring spectacular special effects, Marvel's Iron Man 3 explodes with exclusive Blu-ray content, including a Gag Reel, deleted scenes, a never-before-seen Marvel short film and a first-of-its-kind, interactive Second Screen Experience app hosted by JARVIS!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Digital Copy
  • Marvel One-Shot: 'Agent Carter' Short Film

My Thoughts:
Last night we all got together over here and watched their copy of Iron Man 3. This is the first time I got to see this one... and like the others I enjoyed it very much. Great film... lots of fun to watch. However... I will say this third one is definitely my least favorite of the three. I just didn't care much for a couple of directions the story took. Still well worth the time put in to watch it... a must see if you are a fan of the first 2 films.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 04, 2014, 09:36:36 PM »
     Benny & Joon (1993/United States)
MGM Home Entertainment
Director:Jeremiah Chechik
Writing:Barry Berman (Screenwriter), Barry Berman (Story By), Leslie McNeil (Story By)
Length:98 min.
Rating:Rated PG : Theme, a Scene of Mild Sensuality and One Use of Harsh Language
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:French, Spanish

Stars:
Johnny Depp as Sam
Mary Stuart Masterson as Joon
Aidan Quinn as Benny
Julianne Moore as Ruthie
Oliver Platt as Eric
CCH Pounder as Dr. Garvey

Plot:
Johnny Depp (Sleepy Hollow), Mary Stuart Masterson (Bed of Roses) and Aidan Quinn (Practical Magic) star in this wonderfully unique and delightfully offbeat romantic comedy.

Joon (Masterson) is a little unbalanced. Sometimes, without warning, her sweet nature gives way to odd behavior - including a penchant for setting fires! She lives with her older brother Benny (Quinn), who has spent his life taking care of her since their parents died. One night, while playing a poker game with unusual stakes, Joon loses her hand...and wins Sam (Depp), a whimsical misfit who soon charms his way into Joon's heart. Now if they can only find the perfect mate for her overprotective brother...

With charm, humor and an outstanding supporting cast that includes Oliver Platt (A Time to Kill) and Julianne Moore (Hannibal), Benny & Joon is the perfect movie for everyone.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I got this one used cheap. It is one I have seen before... but it has been so many years ago... it is like seeing it again for the first time. But going into it I did remember enjoying it the first time I seen it... which is about the only thing I remembered about it. The main reason I picked this one up is because I have been a Johnny Depp fan since his days on the TV series 21 Jump Street. I must say... this film lived up to my memory. I enjoyed every moment. In my opinion Johnny Depp stole the film. His character was a lot of fun. I would so get along with a person like his character. Some may say he is strange... but to me he just looks like a lot of fun. But this is more then just a funny film. It is also a very sweet love story. If you haven't had the chance to see this one yet I definitely recommend it.

My Rating:
Pete