Author Topic: What Movies I Been Watching  (Read 466590 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What Movies I Been Watching
« Reply #540 on: November 09, 2013, 03:48:35 PM »
     The Incredible Burt Wonderstone (2013/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Warner Home Video
Director:Don Scardino
Writing:Jonathan Goldstein (Screenwriter), John Francis Daley (Screenwriter), Chad Kultgen (Story By), Tyler Mitchell (Story By), Jonathan Goldstein (Story By), John Francis Daley (Story By)
Length:100 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Sexual Content, Dangerous Stunts, a Drug-Related Incident and Language
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Steve Carell as Burt Wonderstone
Steve Buscemi as Anton Marvelton
Olivia Wilde as Jane
Jim Carrey as Steve Gray
James Gandolfini as Doug Munny
Alan Arkin as Rance Holloway

Plot:
Superstar illusionists and Las Vegas headliners Burt Wonderstone (Steve Carell) and Anton Marvelton (Steve Buscemi) have fallen on hard times. The longtime friends now loathe each other and they face cutthroat competition from guerrilla street magician Steve Gray (Jim Carrey), whose cult following surges with each outrageous stunt. But there's still a chance to save the act – both onstage and off – if Burt can retrieve his magic mojo!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:
This is another film I got from the library. I mainly borrowed it because of the some of the names in this one. But I was concerned by what the movie was about. When I got home I watched the trailer. And I went from concerned to worried. It just didn't look like a film I would enjoy. After watching it.... turns out I was right. While it did have it's moments.... for the most part I just didn't care for it. I didn't find it funny and didn't care for many of the characters. Over-all I would have to say skip it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 10, 2013, 11:10:33 PM »
     When in Rome (2010/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Touchstone Home Entertainment
Director:Mark Steven Johnson
Writing:David Diamond (Writer), David Weissman (Writer)
Length:91 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Some Suggestive Content
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French

Stars:
Kristen Bell as Beth
Josh Duhamel as Nick
Anjelica Huston as Celeste
Danny DeVito as Al
Will Arnett as Antonio
Jon Heder as Lance

Plot:
Bring home the must-own romantic comedy of the year, filled with wildly funny twists and turns! When Beth, an unlucky-in-love New York curator (Kristen Bell), takes a whirlwind trip to Rome for her sister's wedding, an unexpected crush takes her by surprise. Quickly let down, she defiantly plucks coins from the Fontana de Amore, magically igniting the passions of some comically unsuitable suitors. As a charming reporter (Josh Duhamel) becomes zealously smitten, Beth is skeptical that he's the real deal. Don't miss hilarious performances from an all-star cast you'll want to see again and again.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Music Videos
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is another one I borrowed from the library. I didn't think I ever seen this one before... but once I popped it in I realized I did... must have been either from Netflx or on cable. I grabbed this one because I been a fan of Kristen Bell since her Veronica Mars days. I enjoyed it... but it is not the best romantic comedy I ever seen. But it is definitely well worth the time put in to watch it. It has a bit of a slow start... but it does pick up before you know it. Kristen Bell was great in this... and I like that they had Danny DeVito as one of the coin owners. It definitely added to the laughs. I can see adding this one to my collection eventually.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 15, 2013, 03:05:49 PM »
     Movie 43 (2013/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:The PitchPeter Farrelly, The CatchPeter Farrelly, HomeschooledWill Graham, The PropositionSteve Carr, VeronicaGriffin Dunne, iBabeSteven Brill, Super Hero Speed DatingJames Duffy, Machine KidsJonathan Van Tulleken, Middleschool DateElizabeth Banks, TampaxPatrik Forsberg, Happy BirthdayBrett Ratner, Truth or DarePeter Farrelly, Victory's GloryRusty Cundieff, BeezelJames Gunn (1970)
Writing:The PitchRocky Russo (Writer), Jeremy Sosenko (Writer), Ricky Blitt (Writer), The CatchRocky Russo (Screenwriter), Jeremy Sosenko (Screenwriter), Bill O'Malley (Story By), HomeschooledWill Graham (Writer), Jack Kukoda (Writer), The PropositionRocky Russo (Writer), Jeremy Sosenko (Writer), VeronicaMatthew Portenoy (Writer), iBabeRocky Russo (Screenwriter), Jeremy Sosenko (Screenwriter), Claes Kjellström (Story By), Jonas Wittenmark (Story By), Tobias Carlson (Story By), Super Hero Speed DatingWill Carlough (Writer), Machine KidsJonathan Van Tulleken (Writer), Middleschool DateElizabeth Shapiro (Writer), TampaxPatrik Forsberg (Writer), Olle Sarri (Writer), Happy BirthdayJacob Fleisher (Writer), Truth or DareGreg Pritikin (Writer), Victory's GloryRocky Russo (Writer), Jeremy Sosenko (Writer), BeezelJames Gunn (1970) (Writer)
Length:94 min.
Rating:Rated R : Strong Pervasive Crude And Sexual Content Including Dialogue , Graphic Nudity, Language And Some Violence
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
The PitchDennis Quaid as Charlie Wessler
Greg Kinnear as Griffin Schraeder
Common as Bob Mone
Charlie Saxton as Jay
Will Sasso as Jerry

Plot:
YOU'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING QUITE LIKE MOVIE 43....
.. the year's most outrageous and daringly original comedy, featuring the ultimate star-studded cast. No inappropriate storyline is off limits..including a "ballsy" blind date, a middle school "period" piece and more. Please don't sue us if you die laughing

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is yet another one I got from the library. What can I say... I really been on a library kick lately. I grabbed this one because (as you can see from the front cover alone) it has a lot of big names in it. After watching it I have to say I really wasn't impressed much at all. It had a moment here and there... but over-all it really wasn't worth the time I put in to watch it. I did like one or two of the segments... but that is about it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 16, 2013, 04:05:50 PM »
     Fright Night 2: New Blood (2013/United States)

Director:Eduardo Rodriguez
Writing:Matt Venne
Length:83 min.
Rating:R

Stars:
Will Payne
Jaime Murray
Sean Power
Sacha Parkinson
Chris Waller
John-Christian Bateman

Plot:
By day Gerri Dandridge is a sexy professor, but by night she transforms into a real-life vampire with an unquenchable thirst for human blood. So when a group of high school students travel abroad to study in Romania, they find themselves ensnared in her chilling web of lust and terror. Charlie and “Evil” Ed must stop Gerri from drinking and bathing in the blood of a “new moon virgin,” which just so happens to be Charlie’s ex-girlfriend, Amy. They enlist help from Peter Vincent, the vampire hunting host of a reality show called "Fright Night," to drive a stake through Gerri’s plan and save Amy from a fate far worse than death.

My Thoughts:
I just watched this one... I enjoyed it but felt they did it in an odd way. They call this part 2... but yet it is not a remake of the original part two... and is not a continuation of the part 1 remake. This is more of a combination of parts 1 and 2. Which I really thought was pretty cool. And I did like what they did with the Peter Vincent character this time. Oddly when I first finished watching this one I felt I enjoyed it... but wasn't overly impressed. But the longer I sat back thinking about it the more I liked it. I would say this one is worth checking out.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 16, 2013, 06:54:55 PM »
     I Love You, Beth Cooper (2009/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Director:Chris Columbus
Writing:Larry Doyle (Screenwriter), Larry Doyle (Original Material By)
Length:102 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Crude and Sexual Content, Language, Drinking and Drug References, and Brief Violence
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Hayden Panettiere as Beth Cooper
Paul Rust as Denis Cooverman
Jack T. Carpenter as Rich Munsch
Lauren London as Cammy
Lauren Storm as Treece
Shawn Roberts as Kevin

Plot:
When Denis Cooverman, the geekiest guy in high school, proclaims his love for super-popular Beth Cooper during his valedictorian speech, everyone is...well... speechless! But the real shock comes that night when Beth shows up at Denis' house with her two best friends to show him how the cool kids party. You'll lol as Denis tries to keep up with Beth — and stay away from her maniacal ex-boyfriend Kevin and his ticked-off pals.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is one I recently borrowed from the library. It is not a bad film... I enjoyed it. Though I have seen better films in the genre. I did like seeing Hayden Panettiere in the film. I have liked her since first seeing her play the cheerleader in Heroes. Anyway... to keep this short and sweet... worth the time put in to watch it. Check it out if you get the chance.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 16, 2013, 08:57:24 PM »
     Betsy's Wedding (1990/United States)
Mill Creek Entertainment
Director:Alan Alda
Writing:Alan Alda (Writer)
Length:94 min.
Rating:R
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:None

Stars:
Alan Alda as Eddie Hopper
Joey Bishop as Eddie's Father
Madeline Kahn as Lola Hopper
Anthony LaPaglia as Stevie Dee
Catherine O'Hara as Gloria Henner
Joe Pesci as Oscar Henner

Plot:
Betsy's Wedding is a funny, feelgood movie about a wonderfully eccentric family and their hilarious trials and tribulations. It's about everything but their daughter's wedding! Anything can and does happen when the freespirited bride-to-be casually announces her engagement, setting off a series of crazy events, including accidental meetings with the mafia, oddball romances and riotous schemes! Betsy's Wedding is the perfect hit - and irreverent story filled with all the warmth, wackiness and humor you won't want to miss!

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:
This is one I never got to see until now... surprising as there is a lot of good cast members in this one... like Molly Ringwald (I just love a redhead!), Alan Alda, Madeline Kahn and Joe Pesci.... and at the time this came out I was working at a video store... so I definitely had the opportunity. I found the film to be right entertaining. Maybe not the best comedy I ever seen... but was well worth the time put in to watch it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 17, 2013, 07:29:38 PM »
     The House Bunny (2008/United States)
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:Fred Wolf
Writing:Kathleen McCullah Lutz (Writer), Kirsten Smith (Writer)
Length:97 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Sex-Related Humor, Partial Nudity and Brief Strong Language
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Anna Faris as Shelley Darlingson
Colin Hanks as Oliver
Emma Stone as Natalie
Kat Dennings as Mona
Hugh Hefner as Himself
Christopher McDonald as Dean Simmons

Plot:
When the mansion's favorite bunny, Shelley (Anna Faris), is kicked out of the hottest house in town, she gets lost in the wilderness of Beverly Hills. But when she stumbles into the sorriest sorority, Zeta Alpha Zeta, she finds a home where she can finally put her talents to good use. Then when Shelley meets a beau she'd like to tie on for good, she really has something to flirt for and thinks she might have a chance at life on the outside. Now the race is on to make over the girls and make Zeta the hottest house before the University shuts them down. Move in with The House Bunny and laugh your tail off!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Music Videos

My Thoughts:
I borrowed this one from a friend... just long enough to watch it. And I must say... I enjoyed it quite a bit. I have recently became a fan of Anna Faris and liked her a lot in this one. There is also the fact that I am a big Kat Dennings (2 Broke Girls) fan as well. As she has a part of one of the misfit college girls in the sorority. This is one that I hope I get the chance to add to my collection before too long.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 24, 2013, 04:18:36 PM »

I tried to watch Imagine That today... unfortunately from the very beginning it felt like a huge chore to watch this film. I ended up turning it off after the first half an hour.

I don't feel I can give this one a fair review... but wanted to mention I tried to watch it anyway.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 29, 2013, 02:04:10 PM »
     Shorts (2009/United States)
Warner Home Video
Director:Robert Rodriguez
Writing:Robert Rodriguez (Writer), Alvaro Rodriguez (Story By)
Length:89 min.
Rating:Rated PG : Mild Action and Some Rude Humor
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen :1, Full Frame 1.33:1

Stars:
Jimmy Bennett as Toe Thompson
Jake Short as Nose Noseworthy
Kat Dennings as Stacey Thompson
Trevor Gagnon as Loogie
Devon Gearhart as Cole Black
Jolie Vanier as Helvetica Black

Plot:
While grownups at Black Box Industries work to improve the handheld gizmo that's this year's high-tech must-have, neighborhood kid Toby "Toe" Thompson has something even better: he's found the Wishing Rock. Be careful what you wish for, Toe! Spy Kids filmmaker Robert Rodriguez hatches a fun-filled story of the chaos that erupts when folks young and old get their hands on the rainbow-striped stone. Hang out with an army of tiny outer-space friends? Turn a pesky brother into a beetle? Own a mountain of cash? Be the most powerful person in the world? Great young talents join stars Jon Cryer, William H. Macy, Leslie Mann and James Spader in the hilarious not-so-tall tales of Shorts.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:
I watched this one when I woke last night in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep. It is a movie I recently borrowed from the library. It was entertaining for a film made for kids... but I definitely seen better. The main boy (Jimmy Bennett) in this one looked very familiar. When I checked to see who it was I found out he starred as the son in one of my favorite short lived series... No Ordinary Family. And playing his big sister was Kat Dennings (2 broke Girls). Playing their father was Jon Cryer (2 and a Half Men).  So there was a lot of familiar faces in this one for me. The main problem I had with this film was how they showed the film in short segments (reason for the title) out of order. I mean it wasn't really hard to follow... but just felt unnecessary. I wouldn't mind adding this film to my collection eventually... but it isn't something I would be in a hurry to add.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 29, 2013, 06:24:46 PM »
     Year One: Theatrical Edition (2009/United States)
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:Harold Ramis
Writing:Harold Ramis (Story By), Harold Ramis (Screenwriter), Gene Stupnitsky (Screenwriter), Lee Eisenberg (Screenwriter)
Length:97 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Crude and Sexual Content Throughout, Brief Strong Language and Comic Violence
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Jack Black (1969) as Zed
Michael Cera as Oh
Oliver Platt as High Priest
David Cross as Cain
Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Isaac
Vinnie Jones as Sargon

Plot:
History was made...by these guys? Zed (Jack Black) and Oh (Michael Cera) are cavemen who stumble out of the mountains into an epic journey of biblical proportions. One's a bumbling hunter, the other's a gentle gatherer; together, they become unlikely participants in history's most pivotal moments. Directed and co-written by comedy legend Harold Ramis (Groundhog Day, Caddtshack, Analyse This), YEAR ONE is rude, crude, wildly absurd, deliciously tasteless and laugh-out-louf funny!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I have to say... I am not having a very good day when it comes to movies. The last one I watched was merely average. This one I didn't care for much at all. There may have been a scene here and there that was pretty good... but for the most part I just couldn't get into it. But then I have found that Jack Black movies have been pretty hit and miss for me. I recommend skipping this one.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 29, 2013, 06:35:43 PM »
So it didn't even worth the .99$ price tag...

For me even free would be too much but you usually like that kind of stuff no?

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #551 on: November 29, 2013, 06:36:31 PM »
I recommend skipping this one

Told you so,
maybe you should go back to the store now and ask the clerk if he would change the DVD according to my suggestion in the other thread.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 30, 2013, 03:27:56 PM »
    Going the Distance (2010/United States)
New Line Productions, Warner Home Video
Director:Nanette Burstein
Writing:Geoff Latulippe (Writer)
Length:103 min.
Rating:Rated R : Sexual Content Including Dialogue, Language Throughout, Some Drug Use and Brief Nudity

Stars:
Drew Barrymore as Erin
Justin Long as Garrett
Charlie Day as Dan
Jason Sudeikis as Box
Christina Applegate as Corinne
Ron Livingston as Will

Plot:
Erin (Drew Barrymore) and Garrett (Justin Long) strike sparks for a summer fling in New York City but neither expects it to last once Erin heads home to San Francisco and Garrett remains behind for his Big Apple job. But after six increasingly romantic weeks, neither is sure they want it to end. So despite the opposing coasts, naysaying friends and family and a few unexpected temptations, the couple just might have found something like love. And helped by a lot of texting, sexting and late-night phone calls, the might actually go the distance.

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes

My Thoughts:
I couldn't sleep last night so ended up watching a few movies. I started with this one as I have always liked Drew Barrymore. And this one was no exception. I enjoyed this film quite a bit. I really liked all the characters and the film flowed well. This is actually a film I never even heard of before seeing it on the library shelf. Definitely worth the time put in to watch it. I recommend checking it out.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 30, 2013, 03:38:38 PM »
     Conan the Barbarian (2011/United States)
Lions Gate Films
Director:Marcus Nispel
Writing:Thomas Dean Donnelly (Writer), Joshua Oppenheimer (Writer), Sean Hood (Writer), Robert E. Howard (Original Characters By)
Length:113 min.
Rating:Rated R : Strong Bloody Violence, Some Sexuality and Nudity
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Jason Momoa as Conan
Stephen Lang as Khalar Zym
Rachel Nichols as Tamara
Ron Perlman as Corin
Rose McGowan as Marique
Bob Sapp as Ukafa

Plot:
A Quest that begins as a personal vendetta for the fierce Cimmerian warrier soon turns into an epic battle against hulking rivals, horrific monsters, and impossible odds, as Conan realizes he is the only hope of saving the great nations of Hyboria from an encroaching reign of supernatural evil.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is another one I borrowed from the library. I thought they did a very good job on this one. Lots of great action... and I really liked Rose McGowan in this film.  Loved her finger knives. Though she did look a little freaky in it... but freaky in a cool way. This is one that I hope I will be able to add to my collection before too long.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 30, 2013, 03:47:55 PM »
     The Love Guru (2008/United States)
Paramount Home Entertainment
Director:Marco Schnabel
Writing:Mike Myers (1963) (Writer), Graham Gordy (Writer)
Length:87 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Crude and Sexual Content Thoughout, Language, Some Crude Violence and Drug References

Stars:
Jessica Simpson as Herself
Kanye West as Himself
Mike Myers as Himself
Deepak Chopra as Himself
Rob Blake as Himself
Mike Myers as Guru Pitka

Plot:
Mike Myers plays the hilarious character The Guru Pitka!

As The Guru Pitka vies for the title of the world's best self-help guru, Pitka must help a star hockey player win his wife back from rival athlete Jacques "Le Coq" Grande (Justin Timberlake) and, along with it, the Stanley Cup. Will Pitka's comic Karmic intervention be enough to turn this losing team into champions?

Also starring Jessica Alba and Vern Troyer, The Love Guru is "one big laugh from beginning to end!" (Jim Ferguson, KGUN 9 ABC)

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
Another one I borrowed from the library. But this one didn't impress me all that much. While it did have a moment or two for the most part I found myself just waiting for it to be over. The only one I really liked in this film was Jessica Alba. She made this movie tolerable enough to make it to the end. Other then that... I would say skip this one.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete