Author Topic: What Movies I Been Watching  (Read 466603 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What Movies I Been Watching
« Reply #360 on: September 18, 2012, 07:54:31 PM »
     American Reunion (2012/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Director:Jon Hurwitz, Hayden Schlossberg
Writing:Jon Hurwitz (Writer), Hayden Schlossberg (Writer), Adam Herz (Original Characters By)
Length:114 min.
Rating:Unrated
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:
Subtitles:

Stars:
Jason Biggs as Jim
Alyson Hannigan as Michelle
Chris Klein as Oz
Thomas Ian Nicholas as Kevin
Tara Reid as Vicky
Seann William Scott as Stifler

Plot:
Get ready for "flat-out hilarious, raunchy fun" (Box Office Magazine) as the whole American Pie gang returns to East Great Falls for the first time since their legendary senior year to turn their reunion into the most unforgettable weekend since high school. Old friends will reconnect, old flames will reignite, and everyone will rediscover just how much fun you can pack into one outrageous reunion. Starring Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan, Seann William Scott and Eugene Levy, "the gang is back and better than ever!" (Jake Hamilton, Fox-TV)

Extras:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Unrated & R Rated Versions

My Thoughts:
I just finished watching this one. I been wanting to check it out every since I saw the first trailer... as I have been enjoying the American Pie movies. While I still enjoyed it... this one lost a little something the others had. I don't know... just know I didn't laugh as much during this one as I did the previous movies. It isn't a bad movie... just not up to par with the rest. I did get a bit of a kick out of Alyson Hannigan's character. But then I always did like her. This is one that is definitely worth checking out... just don't expect too much.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #361 on: September 18, 2012, 08:23:57 PM »
For me, this was easily the second best in the series, only beaten by the first. I enjoyed having the original characters back, including Sherman and Nadia and of course it was good to see
(click to show/hide)

I gave it the same mark as yourself, 3.5/5.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 18, 2012, 08:33:14 PM »
Yeah... I did like that certain situation that you put in spoilers.  :laugh:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 21, 2012, 06:32:30 PM »
     You Again (2010/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Touchstone Home Entertainment, Buena Vista Home Entertainment
Director:Andy Fickman
Writing:Moe Jelline (Writer)
Length:105 min.
Rating:Rated PG : Brief Mild Language and Rude Behavior
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Kristen Bell as Marni
Jamie Lee Curtis as Gail
Sigourney Weaver as Ramona
Odette Yustman as Joanna
Victor Garber as Mark
Betty White as Grandma Bunny

Plot:
You Again, the nonstop laugh fest, is pure fun that features an all-star cast with comedy pedigrees — including Kristen Bell, Jamie Lee Curtis, Sigourney Weaver and the always outrageous Betty White. For Marni (Bell), high school was a horror movie, and her brother's wedding is the sequel when her archrival comes back to haunt her as his bride. It's nice girl versus mean girl in this hysterical reunion with the one person Marni would really like to forget. And if that weren't enough, Marni's mom (Curtis) reunites with her own high school nemesis (Weaver). Complete with hilarious, never-before-seen bonus material, You Again is one crazy comedy that'll keep you laughing again and again.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews

My Thoughts:
This is my second time watching this movie... first time on DVD. I first caught this movie quite a while ago (maybe a year ago?) on On-Demand. And I remember enjoying it at the time. I am also  a big fan of some of the stars. I loved Kristen Bell every since I first saw her TV Series Veronica Mars... and of course there is Betty White, Sigourney Weaver and Jamie Lee Curtis.... who I also enjoy a lot. I enjoyed this movie just as much this time as I did the first time I saw it. It is just a lot of fun. If you like a good comedy... I would definitely recommend this one.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 30, 2012, 09:34:12 PM »
     Growing Up Brady (2000/United States)
Wikipedia |IMDb |
Director:Richard A. Colla
Writing:Matt Dorff
Length:88 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:None

Stars:
Adam Brody as Barry Williams
Kaley Cuoco as Maureen McCormick
Rebeccah Bush as Florence Henderson
Kaitlin Cullum as Eve Plumb
Ricky Ullman as Chris Knight
Carly Schroeder as Susan Olsen

Plot:
This fabulous new biopic, based on the memoirs of actor Barry Williams (Greg Brady), reveals the behind-the-scenes truth about what really happened: the legendary off-screen battles between Robert Reed (Mike Brady) and the show's real daddy, series creator Sherwood Schwartz; Barry's date with his screen Mom; his relationship with "sister" Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady) and the ultimate question - did they or didn't they?

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I felt like watching something with Kaley Cuoco in it since today is her birthday. Since I recently watched all the Big Bang Theory sets I have... I decided to watch this film again. In this TV movie Kaley Cuoco plays Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady). This movie was made 12 years ago so she does look a bit younger in this one. After all going by imdb... Kaley was only 15 at the time of making this movie. It was odd though... in some scenes I actually saw Maureen McCormick in her. But in other scenes all I could see  is Kaley Cuoco.

I like that this was off the book written by Barry Williams (Greg)... it makes you feel you can believe at least a big part of it. And I learned a lot of things I didn't realize before... like the fact that the Brady Kids actually went on tour as a musical group. I was surprised that this movie didn't even touch on the trips they went on for the vacation episode... like the Grand Canyon and Hawaii. Over-all I found the movie to be both interesting and fun... so I am glad I picked it up.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 02, 2012, 12:40:41 PM »
I was just flipping through the movies on On-Demand... when I spotted a movie starring Julie Benz that I never seen before... George of the Jungle 2... I never liked the cartoon as a kid but being a huge fan of Julie Benz I decided to give the movie a chance. And wow! Talk about complete and utter stupidity! I just couldn't do it... I turned it off after a short 5min time.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 02, 2012, 02:30:01 PM »
Hope you didn't pay for it :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 02, 2012, 02:39:53 PM »
 :laugh: Nope... it was in one of the sections that came with my cable package. So I can be thankful for that!  :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #368 on: December 04, 2012, 03:07:53 AM »
I didn't even know that there was a sequel made to George of the Jungle.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 04, 2012, 12:30:01 PM »
Yeah... they did... but they replaced both Brendan Fraser as George and Leslie Mann as Ursula. Ursula is the part Julie Benz took over. I am really not surprised that I couldn't get through it. But wanted to try since I like Julie Benz so much.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 17, 2012, 01:08:41 AM »
     The Amazing Spider-Man (2012/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:Marc Webb
Writing:James Vanderbilt (Screenwriter), Alvin Sargent (Screenwriter), Steve Kloves (Screenwriter), James Vanderbilt (Story By), Stan Lee (Original Material By), Steve Ditko (Original Material By)
Length:136 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man/Peter Parker
Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy
Rhys Ifans as The Lizard/Dr. Curt Connors
Denis Leary as Captain Stacy
Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben
Sally Field as Aunt May

Plot:
Teenage social outcast Peter (Andrew Garfield) spends his days trying to unravel the mystery of his own past and win the heart of his high school crush, Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone). A mysterious briefcase belonging to his father, who abandoned him when he was a child, leads Peter to his dad's former partner, Dr. Connors. The discovery of his father's secret will ultimately shape his destiny of becoming "Spider-Man" and bring him face to face with Connors' villainous alter ego, the Lizard.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:
Brittany, my brother and I just finished watching this one. I went into it not really knowing what to expect after being so used to the first trilogy. But at the same time I was very excited to see it since I been wanting to see them do a movie with The Lizard since they did the first movie. And I must say I loved the way it turned out. I was hooked from the opening scene. I also liked how they went back to the classic web shooters in this one instead of being a part of his powers. While it worked... and I did get used to it... I like the idea of the web shooters better. I must say that the scene with the car thief was hilarious. The entire movie was just great... I think this one has become my favorite of the Spider-Man film of them all. And this is coming from someone that enjoyed every second of the first couple films. While this one did much better then the previous movies I still don't like how many people he let see him without his mask on. I can understand doing it when he was saving the little boy... but other then that no one else should have seen him without his mask. But it really is a minor thing. Didn't hurt my enjoyment of the movie in the least. If you haven't seen this one yet.... I couldn't recommend it any higher!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #371 on: December 17, 2012, 04:20:23 AM »
He doesn't seem to understand the idea of a secret identity just yet.  Entirely too many people knew who he was by the end.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 26, 2012, 02:05:10 AM »
Brittany and I just re-watched The Amazing Spider-Man again tonight... this time on her new HDTV. We loved the movie just as much... and was amazed at how good it looked on the new TV!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 04, 2013, 04:27:09 PM »
     Man of the House (2005/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:Stephen Herek
Writing:John J. McLaughlin (Story By), Scott Lobdell (Story By), Robert Ramsey (Screenwriter), Matthew Stone (Screenwriter), John J. McLaughlin (Screenwriter)
Length:100 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1, Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, French

Stars:
Tommy Lee Jones as Roland Sharp
Cedric the Entertainer as Percy Stevens
Christina Milian as Anne
Paula Garces as Teresa
Monica Keena as Evie
Vanessa Ferlito as Heather

Plot:
When five perky cheerleaders witness the murder of a drug bust informant, they require 'round-the-clock surveillance to keep from being the next victims. Enter tough-as-nails Texas Ranger Lt. Roland Sharp (Tommy Lee Jones), who masquerades as their assistant coach and camps out in their campus digs. But these feisty foxes just want to have fun, and the buttoned-down Sharp learns it's no easy task to keep the uncontrollable coeds in line and out of harm's way. Cedric the Entertainer joins this spirited cast in a comedy that busts out with high energy, pride, and the joy of a Texas Ranger getting in touch with his feminine side.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I have been a fan of Tommy Lee Jones for a while now. I have enjoyed everything I have seen him in so far. Whether it is his serious roles or the comedies he has been in. This film was recommended to me years ago by a friend... and finally got it as a gift this past month as a yuletide gift. I found this one to be a fun comedy... though not one of his best. It is fun seeing him deal with the college girls... and the story keeps my interest from the beginning to the end. But I do think it could have been a little better. Over-all it is worth the time put in to watch it. I am glad it is finally in my collection.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 04, 2013, 05:02:18 PM »
Agreed.  To me Tommy Lee Jones can be an awsome presense and most of the time is very entertaining.  And like you I found this one to be good .. just not his best.  Well worth the price of admission <G>
Thank you
David