Author Topic: What Movies I Been Watching  (Read 467500 times)

ferrythomas

Re: What Movies I Been Watching
« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2011, 11:41:14 AM »
avatar is the best movie i have ever seen just superb technology used by director

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2011, 04:07:16 PM »
I couldn't figure out what kind of theme I wanted to do for this weekend's movie marathon... so I figured I would just watch whatever I am in the mood for... when the mood hits... and post it in this thread this weekend.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2011, 08:29:44 PM »
A Mortuary of Madness masterpiece left over marathon :yu:

You haven't watch that much horror movies recently and your unwatched list will decrease :dance:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2011, 08:30:48 PM »
I actually spent half the day sleeping. I seemed to have caught a stomach virus.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2011, 04:35:12 PM »

Title: Hook
Year: 1991
Director: Steven Spielberg
Rating: PG
Length: 142 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Dustin Hoffman
Robin Williams
Julia Roberts
Bob Hoskins
Maggie Smith
Caroline Goodall

Plot:
A high-flying adventure from the magic of Steven Spielberg, HOOK stars Robin Williams as a grown-up Peter Pan and Dustin Hoffman as the infamous Captain Hook. Joining the fun is Julia Roberts as Tinkerbell, Bob Hoskins as the pirate Smee, and Maggie Smith as Granny Wendy Darling, who must convince the middle-aged lawyer Peter Banning that he was once the legendary Peter Pan. And so the adventure begins anew, with Peter off to Neverland to save his two children from Captain Hook. Along the way, he rediscovers the power of imagination, friendship, and magic. A classic tale updated for children of all ages, HOOK, nominated for five 1991 Academy Awards® including Best Visual Effects, is "a 10. A film that will entertain generations, generations from now." (Gary Franklin KABC-TV)

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Production Notes
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I know I have seen before... but it has been many years. Probably in the '90s when it was first released on VHS. So basically the only thing I remembered about it was it had Robin Williams as a grown up Peter Pan and that I enjoyed it at the time. The first thing I thought before watching this movie... while setting up this review was this is a long movie! 2 hours and 22 minutes long? Wow! At that length I sure hope this movie holds up well for me.

As you can see from the cover I bought this one as a 2 disc set along with the movie The Indian in the Cupboard. A movie I am not sure if I ever seen. I really remember nothing about it. So I basically bought this one for Hook. If by any chance I don't care for either of them... at least I got this set cheap at only $5.99!

After watching the movie I have to admit... this one is nothing more then a huge production full of mindless fun. But I did enjoy every moment of it still. Even the slower moments of the movie was done in a fun way. I thought everyone in it done a great job. This movie alone was well worth the price I paid for the set. I was concerned about the length of this movie... but it was so fun that the time flew by so fast I didn't even notice how long it is. And if that is not the sign of good entertainment... I don't know what is. If you never seen this movie I definitely recommend it. But don't go into it expecting more then what it is. Nothing more then great imagery and mindless fun. Expect anything more then that then chances are you will be disappointed.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 04:36:43 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2011, 03:13:18 PM »

Title: Still Small Voices
Year: 2006
Director: Mario Azzopardi
Rating: NR
Length: 87 Min.
Video: Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: N/A

Stars:
Catherine Bell
Mark Humphrey
Damir Andrei
Deborah Grover
George Buza
Eugene Clark

Plot:
When 911 operator Michael Summer (Catherine Bell, Army Wives) returns to work after suffering a personal tragedy, she receives a mysterious call from a frightened child begging for help. She soon begins having visions of a young girl believed to have been a drowning victim. The visions lead Michael to the town of Starlight, Pennsylvania, where she uncovers the story of a girl who went missing years before. Though the girl was written off as a drowning victim, Michael believes she was kidnapped. Threatening her own health and sanity, Michael launches her own investigation, uncovering a startling secret that shatters everything she knows to be true about herself.

Extras:
Scene Access
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a made for TV movie that originally aired on Lifetime. This came up as a recommendation at Amazon when I ordered The Good Witch... and when I watched the TV Spot on Youtube I knew I had to see it as it dealt with the supernatural as Michael (Catherine Bell), the 911 operator got ghostly calls from a little girl. I have been a big fan of Catherine Bell every since I first saw her on the TV series JAG. And I absolutely loved her in this movie. As much as I recently enjoyed her in the movie The Good Witch... I enjoyed her even more in this one. This one had me glued to the TV from the very beginning to the very ending. And without saying much to give it away... I will just say I loved how they ended this one. A thrilling movie from the start.... with a touching ending. I can easily see myself watching this movie again.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2011, 10:44:23 PM »

Title: Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Year: 1980
Director: Richard Donner
Length: 116 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Gene Hackman
Christopher Reeve
Marlon Brando
Ned Beatty
Jackie Cooper
Sarah Douglas

Plot:
You haven't seen all the Superman films until you've seen this! Superman II starring Christopher Reeve returns with a never-before-seen beginning and resolution. Director Richard Donner began shooting his vision of Superman II while concurrently filming Superman The Movie. For the first time, his unique vision is here. Jor-El (Marlon Brando in recently found footage) appears in key new scenes that amplify Superman lore and deepen the relationship between father and son. Lois Lane (Margot Kidder) plots more schemes to unmask Clark Kent as Superman. With so many changes, large and small, this version is an eye-opening alternate experience.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I finally got to see this version of Superman II for the very first time. And let me tell you... I enjoyed every minute of it. This version corrects most of the problems I had with the theatrical release. All those strange new powers that you never seen before in anything related to Superman is gone from this one. They still have Superman give up his powers... which is a portion of the movie I don't particularly care for as I find those scenes a little too slow. But I understand they are needed for the story they were telling. And I found I enjoyed the story better in this version. I must say I am thankful to those of you that encouraged me to finally add this version to my collection. It is definitely the better version... I enjoyed every minute of it!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2011, 11:11:48 PM »
Glad that you enjoyed it!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #173 on: April 09, 2011, 04:27:00 AM »
Glad you liked it too. :)

And we told you it would be worth it. :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2011, 06:15:57 PM »

Title: The Incredibles: Widescreen: 2-Disc Collector's Edition
Year: 2004
Director: Brad Bird
Length: 115 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.39:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), French: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), Spanish: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Craig T. Nelson
Holly Hunter
Samuel L. Jackson
Jason Lee
Dominique Louis
Teddy Newton

Plot:
From the Academy Award®-winning* creators of Finding Nemo comes the action-packed animated adventure about the mundane and incredible lives of a house full of superheroes.

Bob Parr and his wife Helen used to be among the world's greatest crime fighters, saving lives and battling evil on a daily basis. Fifteen years later, they have been forced to adopt civilian identities and retreat to the suburbs where they live "normal" lives with their three kids, Violet, Dash, and Jack-Jack. Itching to get back into action, Bob gets his chance when a mysterious communication summons him to a remote island for a top secret assignment. He soon discovers that it will take a super family effort to rescue the world from total destruction.

Exploding with fun and featuring an all-new animated short film, this spectacular 2-disc collector's edition DVD is high-flying entertainment for everyone. "It's James Bond, Indiana Jones and the X-Men all rolled into one." – Peter Travers, Rolling Stone

* 2003, Best Animated Feature

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Gallery
Production Notes
Outtakes/Bloopers
Closed Captioned
THX
3 short films

My Thoughts:
The mood hit me this morning to watch an animated movie. Since this one was recently given to me I decided to watch it again. I have seen this movie a couple times before... and have always enjoyed every second of it. It has become one of my favorite animated movies. It has been a while since I seen it last so I forgot just how good this movie is. The animation is done very well and where I am a big fan of Superhero movies... I felt the storyline was great too. Definitely one I would highly recommend for anyone who has never seen it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2011, 03:12:06 PM »
I want to watch another 2 or 3 movies today... but don't want to make a mini-marathon thread so will be posting here.

I also wanted to change up my reviews a little... so am going with Tom's current code. So I wanted to say Thank You Tom! I appreciate you sharing your code with us!  :cheers:
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2011, 03:33:44 PM »
So I wanted to say Thank You Tom! I appreciate you sharing your code with us!  :cheers:

No problem :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2011, 05:11:31 PM »
     Megafault (2009/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

Echo Bridge Home Entertainment
Director:David Michael Latt
Writing:Paul Bales (Screenwriter)
Length:90 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:N/A

Stars:
Brittany Murphy as Dr. Amy Lane
Eriq La Salle as Charley "Boomer" Baxter
Bruce Davison as Rhodes
Justin Hartley as Dan
Paul Logan as Boyd

Plot:
Solid ground gives way, skyscrapers crumble and cities are buried in this thrill-a-minute, action-packed movie event! A deep seismic fault has been triggered in America's heartland. Now, it threatens to slice North America in half. Amidst unpredictable aftershocks, chaos and destruction, seismologist Amy Lane (Brittany Murphy, Deadline, Sin City) and Charley "Boomer" Baxter (Eriq La Salle, TV's ER) must race to predict the fault's direction and warn the millions in its engulfing path.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:
I have always been a fan of disaster movies... including the low budget ones you see a lot on SyFy Channel. (And I am still not used to the new spelling for SyFy Channel!) Matter of fact this movie is a TV movie that originally aired on the SyFy Channel. This one stars Brittany Murphy. It is one of her last roles before her untimely death. There is a couple other familiar faces in this one. There is Eriq La Salle who played Dr. Peter Benton on ER and Justin Hartley who played Oliver Queen on Smallville. I enjoyed this movie quite a bit... but one thing I had a problem with through-out this movie was Brittany Murphy as a seismologist. Not that her acting was bad or anything like that... but I just felt her size and how young she looked just worked against her in this role. Sure... there is some unbelievable stuff in this movie. But that is pretty much true about any of these type of disaster movie. I really enjoyed both storylines in this movie. Dr. Amy Lane and her team trying to stop the earthquake as well as her husband and child trying to survive the earthquakes as they make their way home. While I wouldn't say it is the best movie of it's kind... I did find it to be well worth watching.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2011, 11:55:36 PM »
     Red Eye: Widescreen (2005/United States)
IMDb | Wikipedia

DreamWorks Home Entertainment
Director:Wes Craven
Writing:Carl Ellsworth (Story By), Dan Foos (Story By), Carl Ellsworth (Screenwriter)
Length:85 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Rachel McAdams as Lisa
Cillian Murphy as Rippner
Brian Cox as Dad
Laura Johnson as Blonde Woman
Max Kasch as Headphone Kid

Plot:
FEAR TAKES FLIGHT at 30,000 feet in this non-stop action thriller! An overnight flight to Miami quickly becomes a battle for survival when Lisa (Rachel McAdams) realizes her seatmate plans to use her as part of a chilling assassination plot. As the miles tick by, she's in a race against time to warn the potential victims before it's too late. Get ready for the non-stop, adrenaline-pumping thrill-ride that Peter Travers of Rolling Stone claims "will pin you to your seat."

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is one I never heard of before a friend of mine sent it to me in a box of movies. But after watching the trailer I looked forward to checking it out. Especially after finding out it is one of Wes Craven's movies. After watching it I found that I did enjoy it... but it wasn't quite as good as I was expecting. I mean it is a decent suspense/thriller... but I think I went into it with my hopes up a little too high. But I think it is worth watching and I am glad I have it in my collection.  Just don't go into it expecting too much.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2011, 01:12:26 PM »
I been going back and forth on ideas what kind of theme to have for this weekend's movie marathon. And I basically decided against any theme this weekend. That I will watch whatever I feel the mood. Though I will probably mainly concentrate on the movies in my unwatched pile. After all there is well over 900 title in that pile now. :P
Pete