Author Topic: What Movies I Been Watching  (Read 466611 times)

Critter

Re: What Movies I Been Watching
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2010, 11:39:59 PM »
Haha, now you understand why I saw this one 4 times in the cinema.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2010, 11:41:14 PM »
I would have loved to seen it on the big screen!
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2010, 06:45:18 AM »
It was really good in the theater.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2010, 03:16:01 PM »
I have to rematch it before the week is over... (Blu-ray arrived last week).

EDIT:
Wow. It is still as awesome as the first time I saw it at the cinema. Wait, no, it is actually getting better, as the pure jaw dropping madness makes place to the actual appreciation of the entire film, things I have missed before and see only now. Still, the double-whammy of "Fuck, YEAH!" works just as well. The Blu-ray looks great!

So, I looked at the IMDb page again and then clickec a few links. On Moretz's webpage (she looks stunning in her current profile picture) I saw that part 2 has apparently been announced. Made me wonder what they'll do with the story, since Hit-Girl will be all grown up. Probably makes her even more dangerous though :devil:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:43:48 PM by Achim »

Critter

« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2010, 11:27:47 PM »
So, I looked at the IMDb page again and then clickec a few links. On Moretz's webpage (she looks stunning in her current profile picture) I saw that part 2 has apparently been announced. Made me wonder what they'll do with the story, since Hit-Girl will be all grown up. Probably makes her even more dangerous though :devil:

I'm hoping that the second film will at least loosely follow the second comic books. I haven't read it but I know a couple of things that happen, including Hit-Girl training Kick-Ass so that he is an actual good crime-fighter, as well as the appearance of a 'Justice League' style group of new heroes.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2010, 11:38:22 PM »
Over the weekend I watched Rushmore, American Beauty and Food Inc.
Food Inc. was very interesting, I recommend it.

Critter

« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2010, 11:40:29 PM »
I loved Food Inc! It was my favourite documentary of last year aside from The Cove. It's films like Food Inc that make me so thankful that I am vegetarian. Although as the film pointed out, not all is right within the fruit and vegetable business either.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2010, 11:55:28 PM »
Seeing the way the handle all those little baby chickes is heart breaking. It's like they have forgotten that they're actually still a living creature.

Critter

« Reply #143 on: November 15, 2010, 12:25:41 AM »
Seeing the way the handle all those little baby chickes is heart breaking. It's like they have forgotten that they're actually still a living creature.

Most of the modern meat industry has. To them they are just mass producing food and the fact that this "food" can feel pain and fear just as much as humans can is a non-issue to them. I am a much happier person living as a vegetarian becuase of this.
What kills me though is that the farmers out there who are actually doing the right thing are being crushed by the big animal-torturing chains. Many farmers out there do look after their animals properly and slaughter them in the right humane way... but they are being all but stamped out by the big companies wouldn't wouldn't give a shit about the actual welfare of the creatures  :(.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2010, 06:33:46 PM »

Title: Zoolander: Special Collector's Edition
Year: 2001
Director: Ben Stiller
Rating: PG-13
Length: 89 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English

Stars:
Ben Stiller
Owen Wilson
Christine Taylor
Will Ferrell
Milla Jovovich
Jerry Stiller

Plot:
Clear the runway for Derek Zoolander (Ben Stiller), VH1's three-time male model of the year. His face falls when hippie-chic Hansel (Owen Wilson) scooters in to steal this year's award.

The evil fashion guru Mugatu (Will Ferrell) seizes the opportunity to turn Derek into a killing machine. It's a well-designed conspiracy and only with the help of Hansel and a few well-chosen accessories like Matilda (Christine Taylor) can Derek make the world safe for male models everywhere.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Gallery
Music Videos
Outtakes/Bloopers
Closed Captioned
VH1 Fashion Awards Skits

My Thoughts:
This is one of the movies that was given to me not too long ago. I have had this movie suggested to me before... but when I watched the trailer I really didn't think it would be something I would like. But I always liked Ben stiller and Owen Wilson. As for Will Ferrell... he has always been hit or miss for me. I like him in some things... but in other things he just tends to aggravate me. But when this movie was offered to me... I figured for free I will give it a go and see what I think.

After watching it... I must say I am less then pleased. My initial thoughts after seeing the trailer was right. I know movies such as this attempts to be silly as can be... but in my opinion this one crosses the line from silly over to just plain stupid. I must say... I didn't get a single laugh from this one. Maybe a slight chuckle in one scene.... but no more then that. If this movie has one thing going for it... it is cameo appearances by lots of well known people.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Critter

« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2010, 09:52:02 PM »
Wow, only half a star. I'm not a huge fan of it myself but unlike you I got at least one laugh out of it. The whole "School for Ants" thing gets me everytime.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2010, 10:23:46 PM »
nope... sorry... that gag did nothing for me. :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2010, 02:05:42 AM »

Title: Click: Special Edition
Year: 2006
Director: Frank Coraci
Rating: PG-13
Length: 108 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English, French

Stars:
Adam Sandler
Kate Beckinsale
Christopher Walken
David Hasselhoff
Henry Winkler
Julie Kavner

Plot:
A harried workaholic, Michael Newman (Adam Sandler) doesn't have time for his wife (Kate Beckinsale) and children, not if he's to impress his ungrateful boss and earn a well-deserved promotion. So when he meets Morty (Christopher Walken), a loopy sales clerk, he gets him to bypass life's little distractions with increasingly hysterical results. But as Michael gleefully mutes, skips and scans past his family and his friends, the remote gradually takes over his life and begins to program him, in this fast, funny and out-of-control comedy adventure.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Bonus Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I seen this on cable a while back... and always wanted to add it to my collection eventually. Luckily it is one of the discs that was in one of the latest boxes of DVDs that were given to me. While it has a few slow spots... I mainly find this one very entertaining. It gave me quite a few good laughs. I am glad I finally got this one in my collection.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2010, 04:24:42 AM »
The Wanderers

A drama that explores the gangland subculture set against the urban jungle of early 1960s New York.
The movie covers your typical themes for this setting such as friendship, loyalty, love betrayal and racism. There are a range of characters that are likable and that add a nice balance of dramatic and light comedic moments. It also has a great soundtrack featuring the many hit of the era, including that of course The Wanderer by Dion and the Belmonts.

3.5/5

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2010, 10:08:08 PM »

Title: National Lampoon's Vacation: 20th Anniversary Special Edition
Year: 1983
Director: Harold Ramis
Rating: R
Length: 98 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Chevy Chase
Beverly D'Angelo
Imogene Coca
Randy Quaid
Anthony Michael Hall
Dana Barron

Plot:
Everything is planned. Everything is packed. And everything is about to go hilariously wrong. The Griswolds are going on vacation. In the driver's seat, of course, is Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase), an Everyman eager to share the open road and the wonders of family togetherness with his wife and kids. Myriad mishaps, crude kin (Randy Quaid), encounters with a temptress (Christie Brinkley), financial woes, Aunt Edna (Imogene Coca) on the roof, one security guard (John Candy) and 2,460 miles later, it is indeed a wonder the Griswolds are together. There's never been a family vacation like it. Except perhaps for yours. And that helps explain why National Lampoon's Vacation remains so popular... and so very funny.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Featurettes
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
It has been many years since I seen this movie! And I really enjoyed seeing it again. I forgot how great Beverly D'Angelo looked when she made this movie. I never really seen this movie as a laugh out loud type movie... just a fun film to watch. One thing I found interesting that I never knew before... Anthony Michael Hall played Chevy Chase's son Rusty in this movie. He grew up to star in the TV Series The Dead Zone... which I also enjoyed very much. I am glad I got to see this movie again... it is one I would recommend checking out if you never seen it before.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete