Author Topic: What Movies I Been Watching  (Read 467364 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What Movies I Been Watching
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2010, 01:54:05 PM »

Title: The Gravedancers: After Dark Horrorfest
Year: 2006
Director: Mike Mendez
Rating: R
Length: 96 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles: English, Spanish

Stars:
Dominic Purcell as Harris
Josie Maran as Kira
Clare Kramer as Allison
Marcus Thomas as Sid
Tchéky Karyo [Tcheky Karyo] as Vincent

Plot:
After a drunken night of dancing on graves, a group of friends are haunted by three havoc-minded ghosts bent on revenge.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Trailers
Deleted Scenes
Featurettes
Gallery
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
After the initial scene's action the story slowed down quite a bit till the scene in the graveyard where they dance on the graves. But once that scene was done the movie definitely picked up! I feel that this is a very good ghost story. I wouldn't say the best I ever seen... but definitely enjoyable... one that I feel comfortable recommending to any horror fan. There was even a couple things that I really didn't see coming... which is always a good thing! Going by this movie... and the trailers for the other movies in this series I am really looking forward to watching the rest of the titles in this series!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Reviewed: Jan. 20, 2007
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2010, 01:57:09 PM »
OK... I do believe that catches me up to when I came here on Movie reviews
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2010, 02:22:40 PM »

Title: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
even though it is a good movie I can see how someone wouldn't care for it... so I would suggest renting it before going out to buy it...

:o
...can't ...breathe  :heat: :shutup: :hang:

"Rent" The Good The Bad and The Ugly? "Rent"? Are you mad? No such warning on Saw II!  :weep:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2010, 02:43:48 PM »
 :laugh: I didn't even read them... I just copied and pasted them.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2010, 08:27:44 PM »
Nah, they'll be worth seeing. I could do similar actually. It would be interesting to dig through the archives of when I was a Virgin.net host... :hmmmm:
Hey you two give me a chance ;)
Don't post all of them today... I have to write review of my own also today for my blog :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2010, 08:29:47 PM »
 :laugh: I am done  now anyway... most of them I reviewed again here... so didn't need to bring them over!  :thumbup:
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2010, 10:06:18 PM »
Nah, they'll be worth seeing. I could do similar actually. It would be interesting to dig through the archives of when I was a Virgin.net host... :hmmmm:
Hey you two give me a chance ;)
Don't post all of them today... I have to write review of my own also today for my blog :P

Don't worry, I've only got 40-50 to drop in today...  :devil:

I'm kidding.  ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2010, 10:09:12 PM »
 :laugh:  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2010, 11:50:26 PM »
Just bringing this thread back to life so it is easier to find this weekend.  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2010, 12:45:14 AM »

Title: Coraline
Year: 2009
Director: Henry Selick
Rating: PG
Length: 101 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Dakota Fanning as Coraline Jones
Teri Hatcher as Mel Jones
Jennifer Saunders as Miss Spink
Dawn French as Miss Forcible
Keith David as The Cat

Plot:
From the Director of The Nightmare Before Christmas comes a visually stunning stop-motion animated feature — the first to be originally filmed in 3-D!

Coraline Jones is bored in her new home until she finds a secret door that leads her into a world that's just like her own...but better! But when this fantastical adventure turns dangerous and her "other" Mother tries to keep her forever, Coraline must count on her resourcefulness and bravery to get home.

Critics are hailing Coraline as "a remarkable feat of the imagination" (Kenneth Turan, Los Angeles Times).

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Bonus Trailers
2D and 3D Versions

My Thoughts:
Brittany and I watched this one this evening. This one is hard to review and describe. I enjoyed the movie... but it is on the weird and strange side. It really is a pretty dark and twisted story. I don't mean that as a bad thing though. The animation is very well done. The characters are well done. Definitely an entertaining watch.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2010, 06:46:20 PM »

Title: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: Two-Disc Deluxe Edition
Year: 2005
Director: Tim Burton
Length: 115 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), French: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1), Spanish: Dolby Digital EX: 5.1 (Matrixed 6.1)
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka
Freddie Highmore as Charlie Bucket
David Kelly as Grandpa Joe
Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Bucket
Noah Taylor as Mr. Bucket

Plot:
What wonders await you in Willy Wonka's factory? Explore fields of soft minty sugar grass in the Chocolate Room...Sail along the Chocolate River in a pink sugar boat...Experiment with Everlasting Gobstoppers in the Inventing Room...Observe talented squirrels in the Nut Room and travel to the Television Room by a glass elevator. You'll find a lot that's funny, a little that's mysterious...and an adventure as sweet and satisfying as a Wonka Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight bar. This dazzling film adapted from Roald Dahl's classic children's novel, directed by Tim Burton and starring Johnny Depp and Freddie Highmore, is your Golden Ticket to a world so inventive, so imaginative, you won't want to miss a delicious moment!

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Interactive Games
DVD-ROM Content
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I bought this movie because of a friend's recommendation. It really isn't my normal type of movie. Besides... I seen the trailer and had some serious concerns if nothing more then from the way Johnny Depp played this character. It seemed silly and way over the top. After watching it I must say that the way Johnny Depp portrayed Willy Wonka was a bit annoying at first... but it quickly grew on me. I found this movie to be pretty fun and entertaining. Though there is still a bit more music then I would have liked... and that did take away from it a little for me. But I am definitely not sorry I got it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

karmesinrot

« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2010, 08:06:12 PM »
I have seen the remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but much prefer the original. I think Johnny Depp's Wonka is a bit too crazy and at some points kinda evil for my taste.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2010, 12:33:17 AM »

Title: Shadow of the Vampire: Widescreen
Year: 2000
Director: E. Elias Merhige
Rating: R
Length: 92 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: DTS: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles: English

Stars:
John Malkovich as Murnau
Willem Dafoe as Schreck
Udo Kier as Grau
Cary Elwes as Wagner
Catherine McCormack as Greta

Plot:
John Malkovich and Academy Award® nominee Willem Dafoe star in a riveting suspense thriller about an obsessive director who's so consumed with making the most realistic vampire movie ever, he's willing to sacrifice everything – and everyone – to achieve his vision!

In his quest to create a vampire film to die for, F.W. Murnau (Malkovich) hires the mysterious Max Schreck (Dafoe) to play Count Orlock in his masterpiece, Nosferatu. Murnau introduces Schreck as "the ultimate method actor" – one who will appear only in character, in full makeup and only at night. But as the cast and crew begin to disappear, it appears that Murnau has made a devil's bargain with Schreck.

With luminous performances and biting humor, Shadow of the Vampire holds you in its icy grip from start to finish.

Extras:
Scene Access
Audio Commentary
Feature Trailers
Bonus Trailers
Featurettes
Gallery
Production Notes
Interviews
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a movie a good friend sent me from her collection when she realized she had 2 copies of it. I know I seen this one before... but it was so long ago I really couldn't remember it. Well... it is definitely different then what I was remembering.I wouldn't say I didn't like it... but it is definitely a different kind of film. Willem DeFoe did a wonderful job in his role as Schreck. The movie is really slow paced... but it pretty much has to be for the movie they were making. Over-all I enjoyed it. But it isn't a movie I see myself watching too often... not your typical vampire movie.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2010, 03:44:13 PM »

Title: Superman II
Year: 1980
Director: Richard Lester
Length: 127 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio: English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor
Christopher Reeve as Superman Clark Kent
Ned Beatty as Otis
Jackie Cooper as Perry White
Sarah Douglas as Ursa
Margot Kidder as Lois Lane

Plot:
This continuation of the adventures of the Man of Steel (Christopher Reeve) takes up where the original left off, showing spectacular new tricks to surpass it! "I thought the original Superman was terrific entertainment," Roger Ebert wrote, "and so I was a little startled to discover that I liked Superman II even more." Three fugitive super-powered Kryptonian do-badders (Terence Stamp, Sarah Douglas and Jack O'Halloran) plan to enslave the Earth – just when Superman decides to show a more romantic side to Lois Lane (Margot Kidder). The timing is off for the son of Jor-El, but it's ideal for a special-effects fan's dream come true as Metropolis comes under siege. Gene Hackman (as Lex Luthor) also returns from the first film and with a top supporting cast, witty Richard Lester direction and visuals that astound and delight, this comic book-come-to-life has become an enduring all-family wow!

Extras:
Scene Access
Feature Trailers
Production Notes
Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
I woke first this this morning wanting to watch this movie again. Another one I really enjoyed. Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder do a good job reprising their roles. I also liked the 3 Kryptonian criminals. I thought it was a great idea to make Superman face someone (or a small group as it is) as strong as he is. Even though I understand why they had to do it for the storyline... I never cared much for when Superman gave up his powers to be with Lois. The movie was almost boring in those scenes. But of course it really picked up afterward... and I really enjoyed the fight between Superman and the Kryptonian criminals. Over-all it is a great movie.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2010, 04:24:50 PM »
I've changed your precedent review with this one... I hope it's ok :fingerchew: