Author Topic: "Due South" marathon  (Read 73602 times)

RossRoy

Re: "Due South" marathon
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2009, 07:17:31 PM »
Her part even gets bigger in season 3.

Not the only part from the sounds of it, eh, Sebastien?  :tease:

;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2009, 11:15:05 PM »
Manhunt

Another really good episode. I liked the story and I especially liked the guest appearance of Leslie Nielson. He did a fine job. As Tom said... it is a more serious role for him... but yet he still maintains some of the wackiness that we all know and love him for.

Rating:
Pete

lyonsden5

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2009, 03:56:45 PM »
Manhunt

I liked Leslie Neilsen as Buck. I also liked the way the story told us some of Fraser's past and his upbringing. Even just having watched this series I am enjoying watching these episodes again. I'm glad I joined in.

Rating

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2009, 06:20:58 PM »
They Eat Horses, Don't They?

Another good episode. I would still rate it at a 4... but it is ever so slightly down from the previous episodes in my opinion. I guess it was just the storyline for this particular episode that I didn't care as much for. But the characters were still all good.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2009, 11:51:41 PM »
Pizzas And Promises

Another really good episode. This time around I liked the entire storyline. Though I couldn't get over how ugly the outfit that Ray's sister was wearing in this episode. I also think it would have been better if they followed through on the storyline of the pizza delivery kid a little more. Like how he found out that his car was repainted and up for sale again or if he had to face the other kid waiting for him back in jail. Though they really didn't have time for it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2009, 02:31:55 AM »
Chinatown

Once again another episode I enjoyed quite a bit. I liked the fact that the female cop that has a thing for Fraser have a bit of a bigger part in this episode. And I had to chuckle at the wolf being mad a Fraser as well.

Rating:
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2009, 11:28:25 PM »
1.05 Pizzas and Promises (1994-10-20)
Writer: Paul Haggis (Created By), David Shore (Writer)
Director: George Bloomfield
Cast: Paul Gross (Constable Benton Fraser), David Marciano (Detective Ray Vecchio), Beau Starr (Lt. Harding Welsh), Daniel Kash (Detective Louis Gardino), Tony Craig (Detective Jack Huey), Catherine Bruhier (Elaine), Ramona Milano (Francesca Vecchio), Fab Filippo (Lenny Milano), Harvey Atkin (Tex Markles), Debra McGrath (Tammy Markles), Patrick McKenna (Gary Redfield)

The guy who played Buffy's short-time boyfriend Scott Hope guest stars as the Pizza delivery guy whose car gets stolen. Great scenes with Francesca. As usual some great one-liners.
This time something struck me: Fraser reminded me very much of Kryten from Red Dwarf.

Rating:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2009, 08:18:16 PM »
1.06 Chinatown (1994-10-26)
Writer: Paul Haggis (Created By), David Cole (Writer)
Director: Lyndon Chubbuck
Cast: Paul Gross (Constable Benton Fraser), David Marciano (Detective Ray Vecchio), Beau Starr (Lt. Harding Welsh), Daniel Kash (Detective Louis Gardino), Tony Craig (Detective Jack Huey), Catherine Bruhier (Elaine), Lu Yu (Mr. Lee), Joel de la Fuente (Charlie Wong), Alex Carter (Agent Ford), Tsai Chin (Mrs. Lee), Michael Hong (David Lee), Simon Sinn (Thomas Yao), Henry Chan (Phillip Chin), Mark Melymick (Agent Deeter), Ho Chow (Jimmy)

Another good episode. The first appearence of the two FBI agents who interfere with Fraser and Ray. And Dief making Fraser "pay and pay and pay..." :)

Rating:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2009, 08:50:31 PM »
Tom - thank you for introducing me to this series. I finished it up a couple of days ago and have been recommending to others.
(click to show/hide)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2009, 12:50:58 PM »
I have a question:

IMDb lists "Heaven and Earth" as episode 1x22, but it was aired between "An Invitation to Romance" and "Victoria's Secret: Part 1" which is also where the episode is on the DVD.

Is there a reason why it should be the last episode?
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2009, 03:02:34 PM »
The only thing I could find which would indicate why IMDb lists it as the last episode, is the fact, that it was aired last in the US (at least according to the episode guide I use for the missing role names). In Canada (the country of origin), it was aired before Victoria's Secret and also the production code is 119 and not 122.
Also storywise it doesn't make sense, that Heaven and Earth should air last (if I remember correctly).

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2009, 03:28:53 PM »
Yeah, I found other discrepancies between IMDb and the actual discs. So I used Wikipedia as guideline (which has the same order as the discs).
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2009, 05:08:01 PM »
Now that you have your own set, do you plan to join us or watch it in your own pace, Karsten?

Also I noticed, that this thread is missing in your "Complete List of Series Marathon Reviews" thread.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2009, 07:56:10 PM »
Now that you have your own set, do you plan to join us or watch it in your own pace, Karsten?

TBH, don't know yet.

Also I noticed, that this thread is missing in your "Complete List of Series Marathon Reviews" thread.

Whoopsie.
Karsten

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2009, 12:12:11 AM »
I introduced my mother to Due South today...  she is loving every minute of it. She already watched the entire first disc.  :)
Pete