Author Topic: Pete's Pilots (Try 2)  (Read 4134 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Pete's Pilots (Try 2)
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 09:38:30 PM »

Alien Nation
As newcomers - fugitive slaves from the planet Tencton - Detective George Francisco and his family face prejudice and intolerance as they struggle to assimilate life on their adopted planet. Together with his human partner, hard-edged Detective Matt Sikes, George walks the beat in Slagtown, Los Angeles, a Newcomer slum teeming with vice and corruption. More than just another cop show or science fiction show, "Alien Nation" utilizes a unique and exciting blend of action, suspense, humor, and social drama to explore the sociology of what it means to be an outsider striving to fit in.

Alien Nation Pilot Movie
As resentment toward the Tenctonese Newcomers builds, Matt Sikes and George Francisco investigate a string of murders that appears to be the work of a giant, insect-like creature.

My Thoughts:
This is a good TV adaptation of the movie. The characters are all likable... and the story is good. If memory serves me they honor all the rules established in the movie. Worth checking out if you liked the movie.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 09:42:15 PM »

All in the Family
Those were the days. Norman Lear's landmark comedy featured one of the most beloved families in television history, the Bunkers. Starring Carroll O'Connor as Archie, Jean Stapleton as Edith, Rob Reiner as Mike "Meathead" Stivic and Sally Struthers as Gloria, "All in the Family" remains a Emmy Award-winning treasure. Watch this groundbreaking first season and just try to stifle your laughter!

Meet the Bunkers
It's Edith and Archie Bunker's 22nd wedding anniversary and their daughter Gloria and her husband Mike are planning a surprise Sunday brunch. Edith is pleasantly surprised, however, Archie's "no big deal" attitude leads to a huge argument with his son-in-law on topics ranging from Archie's prejudices, problems with the nation's government and Mike's atheism.

My Thoughts:
While this is a show I always enjoyed... I wouldn't say it is a favorite. I enjoyed it more back when I was younger then I do now. It could be because I have seen it so much over the years and I am just tiring of it. It definitely has it's laughs though. And is a show that you could never get away with airing now a day.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 07:18:59 PM »

The All New Super Friends Hour: Season One - Volume One
Join your favorite SUPER HEROES - Batman, Robin, Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman – in saving our imperiled world throughout 7 action-packed episodes, each with 4 exciting adventures. That's a total of 28 classic cartoons highlighted by the debut of Wonder Twins Zan and Jayna and their mischievous blue space monkey Gleek. Each episode features Cool Activities like magic tricks, arts and crafts and decoder games. Journey to the earth's core to defeat alien creatures, save reckless kids from impending dangers and fight master criminals to preserve justice with this 2-disc Collector's Edition you won't want to miss!

The Brain Machine/Joy Ride/Invasion of the Earthors/The Whirlpool
The Brain Machine:
Wonder Woman, Batman and Robin meet up with a misguided genius, Dr. Cranum, and his Brain Machine.

Joy Ride:
The Wonder Twins and space monkey Gleek have to teach some youngsters a lesson about the dangers of joyriding in an airplane.

Invasion of the Earthors
The Super Friends match wits and skills in an underground adventure against the mysterious mining monsters known as the Earthors.

The Whirlpool
Aquaman and special guest Black Vulcan find themselves facing the force of a shipwrecking whirlpool.

My Thoughts:
This incarnation of the Super Friends cartoon ran from 1977 to 1978. Unfortunately this one didn't hold up very well. Who knows maybe I was remember liking it... but never cared much for it. I didn't care much for how they had each episode divided into 4 very short stories.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 07:24:32 PM »

All-American Girl: The Complete Series
All-American Girl, the groundbreaking comedy series inspired by the life of stand-up star Margaret Cho, brought an Asian-American family to a television series for the first time. Originally broadcast in 1994-1995, the show featured Cho as one very Westernized Margaret Kim, a San Francisco hipster delightfully at odds with her traditional-but-screwy Korean family, and allowed viewers a comic glimpse of the culture clashes that constantly ensued.

Mom, Dad, This Is Kyle
Margaret's new non-Korean boyfriend upsets her mother, prompting Margaret to announce that they've decided to move in together.

My Thoughts:
This is another series that I remember watching when it originally aired. But in this case... it held up very well for me. This show offers a nice amount of laughs. I can see myself watching the whole set again after watching this pilot. But I will save that for another time.

My Rating:
Pete