Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: 5/15 - 5/17  (Read 12065 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: 5/15 - 5/17
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 07:02:29 PM »
Thanks Pete ;D
Now I must decide if I remove it from my wishlist, maybe the fact that this movie is on it for five years is a good hint and your review doesn't make it sound good too.

Can I ask for a second review by Jon? :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 08:56:57 PM »

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Loaded with hours of additional bonus features, this two-disc Limited Edition DVD takes you even further into the world of Pirates. Everything has led to this. Trapped on a sea of sand in Davy Jones' Locker, Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) is the last of the nine Pirate Lords of the Brethren Court who must unite in one last stand to preserve the freedom-loving pirates' way of life. But first, he has to be found and rescued. Filled with extra features steeped in myth, magic and moviemaking, this Limited Edition goes beyond the final chapter of the trilogy for unsurpassed, swashbuckling entertainment.

My Thoughts:
This is another movie I got as an early Birthday Present. I have... and enjoy the first two Pirate of the Caribbean movies... but I never had the opportunity to see this one before now. While I liked this movie... it is not as good as the first two. I found the first half to be not very good at all... bordering on boring. But it did pick up in the second half and made it worth watching. As always Johnny Depp outdid himself. The others were good as well. Would I like to see another Pirates of the Caribbean movie? Well... I would definitely check it out but I would hope it would be better then this one. And if it turned out any worse I would be ready for the series to end.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 02:11:29 AM »
I don't remember anything about rings... but if it helps here is the trailer for it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM8EbSvNFqg

This really sucks... 11am and I haven't had the chance to watch a single movie yet today! And I still have several things to do today... hopefully I will be ablt to fit in at least one movie today!

I so hate when real life gets in the way of watching my DVDs!!!  :voodoo:

Yup..that is it.