Author Topic: Kingdom Hospital Marathon  (Read 2022 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Kingdom Hospital Marathon
« on: January 26, 2009, 02:31:50 AM »

Stephen King Presents
Kingdom Hospital
Stephen King Presents Kingdom Hospital is the haunting new 15-hour drama series developed directly for television by the award-winning, best-selling master of horror. Using Lars Von Trier's Danish miniseries "Riget" (a.k.a. "The Kingdom") as a point of inspiration, King tells the terrifying story of Kingdom, a hospital with a bizarre population that includes a nearly blind security guard, a nurse who regularly faints at the sight of blood and a paraplegic artist whose recovery is a step beyond miraculous. When patients and staff hear the tortured voice of a little girl crying through the halls, they are dismissive of any suggestion of mysticism of unseen powers... but at their own peril.

1. Thy Kingdom Come
State-of-the-art medical facility Kingdom Hospital sits upon the site of a tragic mill fire and some say the spirits of those who perished haunt it. Artist Peter Rickman is left for dead after a hit-and-run accident and is frequented by visions of a young ghost named Mary and the strange beast Antubis. It is up to the talented Dr. Hook to muster all his skills to save the young man.

My Thoughts:
This is the first time I watched this show since I got this set for my birthday 4 years ago. Even though it is familiar while watching it... I really don't remember all that much about it. This show has some strange characters in it... but at the same time very interesting characters. The episode has a really good atmosphere. I enjoyed every minute of watching it again.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Kingdom Hospital Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo2rIt3xKpk
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 03:15:31 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom Hospital Marathon
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 03:17:30 PM »
2. Death's Kingdom
An accident lands Peter's assailant in the same recovery room. Self-proclaimed psychic and hypochondriac Mrs. Druse holds a seance for the terminally ill patients and detects a new evil presence is in the hospital, only to receive news that her own MRI has come up with abnormal results. As Peter continues his slow recovery, the Antubis reminds him there is a price to pay for his life being saved.

My Thoughts:
This is a decent episode... but nothing to much happened. It was more of a set-up episode then anything else. I would say entertaining... but not thrilling.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom Hospital Marathon
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 04:47:34 PM »
3. Goodbye Kiss
After Dr. Hook is convinced he saw Mary, Mrs. Druse persuades him to find the child's doll. Imprisoned murderer Rolf Pederson poisons himself in order to escape capture after being nursed back to health. Chief of Neurosurgery Dr. Stegman faces a harrowing battle when one of his patients is left a vegetable after surgery.

My Thoughts:
This episode is really more set-up then anything else once again. This is something that is common for King miniseries and such.... and even more so with this limited series (as King called it). What with there being a much longer story... with many more episodes then a normal miniseries. This episode concludes the first disc of the set. So only 3 discs to go.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete