Author Topic: Dragonfire: What I've Been Watching  (Read 92536 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Dragonfire: What I've Been Watching
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2009, 08:15:06 AM »
My biggest issue with the movie is the way some of the characters are depicted.  It is harder to like them, even Coraline, because of how they act at times.  I get that she isn't happy about the move, but she does come across as a brat at times.  I do think she gets more likable as the movie progresses.
I count this as a plus-point for the movie! Being not entirely likable makes for a realistic character (she's a kid after all and as such bound to be a brat at times) and this allows for her to change (getting more likable) throughout the film, meaning there is character progression. Whaqt would be the point of the film if Coraline was the same at the beginning and the end...?

That is true.  Coraline isn't completely unlikable...there were just moments that bugged me.  Her mom bugged me more.

And with Dexter's sister...I don't really dislike her.  She gets irritates me at times.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Dragonfire: What I've Been Watching
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2009, 11:22:00 AM »

Clear the runway for Derek Zoolander (Ben Stiller), VH1's three-time male model of the year. His face falls when hippie-chic Hansel (Owen Wilson) scooters in to steal this year's award.

The evil fashion guru Mugatu (Will Ferrell) seizes the opportunity to turn Derek into a killing machine. It's a well-designed conspiracy and only with the help of Hansel and a few well-chosen accessories like Matilda (Christine Taylor) can Derek make the world safe for male models everywhere.

My Thoughts

I know this movie is really silly, but I still enjoy it when I’m in the mood for a silly movie.  There is a lot of stuff going on, but yet not much really happens.  The plot is simple and there is absolutely nothing serious about what is going on.  The movie will be way too silly for some viewers.  I do find the movie funny, but this type of humor isn’t going to appeal to everyone.  Derek is...well.  He’s not the brightest crayon in the box, so a lot of the humor comes from his lack of intelligence. 

None of the characters are really developed that much, though they are still able to create an entertaining movie.  I think the cast does well.  Will Ferrell is really funny even though he does go a bit overboard at times. 

The movie will probably mostly appeal to fans of Ben Stiller, Will Ferrell, or Owen Wilson.

;D

I did get a review posted on Epinions.

Zoolander