Author Topic: Tom's Star Wars marathon  (Read 14360 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Tom's Star Wars marathon
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 10:00:32 PM »

Title: Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Year: 2005
Director: George Lucas
Rating: FSK-12
Length: 134 Min.
Video: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35
Audio: English: Dolby Digital Surround EX , German: Dolby Digital Surround EX , Commentary: Dolby Digital Surround
Subtitles: Commentary, English, German, Turkish

Stars:
Ewan McGregor
Natalie Portman
Hayden Christensen
Ian McDiarmid
Samuel L. Jackson

Extras:
Commentary
Deleted Scenes
DVD-ROM Content
Featurettes
Music Videos
Photo Gallery
Scene Access
THX certified
Trailers
Xbox Demo für Star Wars Battlefront II

My Thoughts:
Of the three prequel movies, this one is the best. But of course still not as good as any of the original movies.
In this movie, Lucas finally made an effort to come closer to truly tell a story, which fits with the original movies. Although I still cannot believe, how Leia can remember a little her birth mother when she died at child birth.

Rating:

Najemikon

Re: Tom's Star Wars marathon
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 10:31:44 PM »

Better than Episode I but far from the greatness of the original trilogy. The action scenes work well but the story holding the action scenes together is weak. The weakest is the romantic storyline between Anakin and Padmé.
The movie feels like big video game. A lot of the action scenes even look like they were made to have a game level based on the movie with typical video game elements (the droid factory for example).
Also the backgrounds are as fake-looking as the backgrounds of Full-motion video cutscenes of games.

Like the first movie, I thought the highlight was the scrap with Fett. Very well put together, and to be fair the whole thing felt more fun to me. The start with Padme's bodyguard was fantastic. As you say though, it does look so fake. The romance was crap, but I think it would have been ok if the characters were better. I think Portman was treated very badly, saddled with being a friend to a overgrown toddler, suddenly has to convey undying love for the adolescent version. Bollocks! This is why I said in the other thread it would have been better if they started with Annakin as a teenager in Phantom. Their relationship would have made more sense.