Author Topic: Medium Marathon  (Read 12601 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Medium Marathon
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2008, 04:16:11 PM »
Season 3 Disc 6:

19. HEAD GAMES
Allison may have been wrong about a man accused of cutting off his wife's head. Meanwhile, her new friend Debra is more than curious about her job.

My Thoughts:
This is the start of a really good arc for the season finale. It was also pretty cool to see some episodes with Neve Campbell and Jason Priestley.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

20. HEADS WILL ROLL
As Joe considers suing his company, Allison divulges secrets to warn Debra about the serial killer, but is shocked to find out Debra has secrets of her own.

My Thoughts:
A really good continuation of the series. One of the things that happens in this episode changes a lot of the show on up to present day.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

21. EVERYTHING COMES TO A HEAD
Now that Allison's psychic abilities have been revealed to the public, no one will listen to her. So she must find a way to catch the serial killer on her own.

My Thoughts:
This is a great ending to a really good season! And as I said above... a lot of changes for the show from this point on.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

My Over-all Season 3 Thoughts:
Starting this set the first thing you notice (as you can see in the cover image for this season) Patricia Arquette cut her hair for this season. In my opinion BIG MISTAKE... Cutting your hair is one thing. But damn that looks terrible! Looking at her with her hair like this all I can think of is all those Little Dutch Boy images from the past. Terrible... terrible... terrible! But that said this is still the series I know and love. And there is a lot in this season that really holds your attention. Over-all it is an excellent season. A season that changes the show from this point on.

The DVDs are done very well also. Plenty of extras to keep you entertained. And something that in my eyes is a huge improvement... they added a Play All option on the menu. No more having to go to the menu after each episode.

My Over-all Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

OK... that brings my Medium Marathon to an end. I do not yet have season four on DVD to continue. I really had a lot of fun revisiting this series... and I can not wait for the new season to start!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 07:20:09 PM »
As I said in the Wonder Woman thread... I need a break from the classic TV and wanted to watch something more modern for a while... so thought I would bring this thread back from the dead and review the season 4 episodes.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 07:43:15 PM »
Medium: Season 4
Patricia Arquette stars as psychic Allison Dubois, the Phoenix wife and mother who struggles to make sense of her dreams. This season, Allison's world is turned upside down when her abilities are revealed to the public. Her boss, Manuel Devalos (Miguel Sandoval), is ousted from office, and detective Lee Scanlon (David Cubitt) won't return her calls.

But as she and husband Joe (Jake Weber) – also newly unemployed – struggle to survive and care for toddler Marie and eldest daughters Ariel (Sofia Vassilieva) and Bridgette (Maria Lark), Allison knows one thing - her dreams will never fail her! Relive all the thrills and chills of every episode of Medium™: The Fourth Season!

Stars:
Patricia Arquette as Allison DuBois
Miguel Sandoval as D.A. Manuel Devalos
David Cubitt as Detective Lee Scanlon
Sofia Vassilieva as Ariel DuBois
Maria Lark as Bridgette DuBois
Jake Weber as Joe DuBois

Episodes:
1. And Then
2. But for the Grace of God
3. To Have and to Hold
4. Do You Hear What I Hear
5. Girls Ain't Nothing But Trouble
6. Aftertaste
7. Burn Baby Burn (Part 1)
8. Burn Baby Burn (Part 2)
9. Wicked Game (Part 1)
10. Wicked Game (Part 2)
11. Lady Killer
12. Partners in Crime
13. A Cure for What Ails You
14. Car Trouble
15. Being Joey Carmichael
16. Drowned World
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2010, 11:18:21 PM »
Season 4 Disc 1

1. And Then
Alison loses her job after her psychic abilities are revealed to the public, but then meets a tough female investigator. A jobless Joe looks for work.

My Thoughts:
This is a good opening for the season. It is an interesting story. I liked Angelica Huston in the new recurring role of Cynthia Keener who is an investigator for Ameritips.... who helps find missing people.

My Rating:

2. But For The Grace Of God
As daughter Ariel dreams of Allison's teen years, Allison is hired by investigator Cynthia Keener to help find a missing teenage girl.

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode I like how Ariel learns how to get away with something by dreaming about how her mother got away with something when she was a teen.

My Rating:

3. To Have And To Hold
After Joe and Allison attend a party at a prospective employer's house, Allison is asked to help find the man's soon-to-be-married missing daughter.

My Thoughts:
This is more of an average episode. The storyline is ok... but it just didn't keep my attention as good as the previous episodes. I also couldn't care for the characters much in this one.

My Rating:

4. Do You Hear What I Hear
Just as Allison temporarily looses her hearing, Cynthia Keener negotiates for a wealthy couple after their young deaf daughter is kidnapped.

My Thoughts:
Excellent Episode! I always enjoyed the episode where Alison's gift does something physically to her. In this case working on the kidnapping of a death girl she looses her hearing. The story is great. The liked all the characters... and the ending is perfect.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2010, 03:34:47 PM »
Season 4 Disc 2

5. Girls Ain't Nothing But Trouble
A defense attorney who was Allison's longtime nemesis asks her to consult for him. But later Allison dreams that his client is guilty of murder.

My Thoughts:
As any fan of the show knows... the episodes always starts with a dream...usually Alison is the one dreaming though there has been rare episodes where it is someone elses dream. In this one the opening dream is in the format of a silent movie. As for the epsiode itself... it is a good one. I enjoyed both the main story as well as the side story with Ariel.

My Rating:

6. Aftertaste
Manuel Devalos tries to regain his old job, but Allison has visions of his strongest supporter invovled in a conspiracy. And Bridgette has dreams of a creditor.

My Thoughts:
This is a good... but somewhat disturbing episode. Definitely a strong episode that you are able to get into rather easily. I did have a bit of trouble getting into the side story about the creditor.

My Rating:

7. Burn Baby Burn (Part 1)
Joe's mother pays a surprise visit - and has a secret for Allison. Devalos and Lee Scanlon are now on opposite sides of an arson-related murder.

My Thoughts:
This is another good episode. It is a very interesting case Allison is working on. And it ends with a bit of a shock in their personal lives.

My Rating:

8. Burn Baby Burn (Part 2)
Allison's visions of a deadly dentist seem to link the arson-murder case with Ariel's prediction of death of a classmate's mother.

My Thoughts:
This is a good conclusion to the previous episode. The case that allison worked on went pretty much as expected through-out so it was pretty predictable. But interesting all the same. And I like how Allison handled the personal problem for her mother-in-law.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2010, 10:29:05 PM »
Season 4 Disc 3

9. Wicked Game (Part 1)
While working to locate a missing girl, Allison dreams about Cynthia Keener's own missing daughter, Bridgette's science project inspired Joe to invent.

My Thoughts:
This is a very good episode. It is an interesting story... and you learn much more about Cynthia Keener.

My Rating:

10. Wicked Game (Part 2)
As Allison and Cynthia investigate the kidnapping of Cynthia's daughter, Bridgette is convinced she can help find the money for her father's new invention.

My Thoughts:
This is an excellent conclusion to the last episode. Very powerful and very entertaining. I loved every minute of it! Especially the surprise ending it has.

My Rating:

11. Lady Killer
Allison dreams of an older seductress who attracts and then murders young men. Later, she becomes disturbed by a contributor at a fundraiser for Devolas.

My Thoughts:
This is a fun... entertaining episode. One that guest stars Patricia Arquette's sister Roseanna Arquette.

My Rating:

12. Partners In Crime
While an attractive venture capitalist shows interest in Joe's invention, Allison is asked to work with a legendary FBI profiler, who she suspects of murder.

My Thoughts:
This is another episode I enjoyed. It has a good story and great characters.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2010, 02:01:39 AM »
Season 4 Disc 4

13. A Cure For What Ails You
A woman dies after taking a popular pain reliever, but Allison's dreams indicate that her husband poisoned her. Joe frets over not having health insurance.

My Thoughts:
This is another episode that I enjoyed quite a bit. Allison works on a very interesting case... and I liked the side story about Joe getting his youngest daughter glasses.

My Rating:

14. Car Trouble
After Allison's old car dies, Joe surprises her with a new one that appears to be haunted. Allison finally meets Megan Doyle, Joe's new business partner.

My Thoughts:
Another pretty good episode. I liked the main storyline. Though I must admit I am not that much into the side storyline of Joe and his boss.

My Rating:

15. Being Joey Carmichael
While trying to help Scanlon locate a charming killer, Allison dreams of the killer's twin brother. Joe's business partner jeopardizes their relationship.

My Thoughts:
While a good episode... it is not one of my favorites. I just had a hard time caring about the characters.

My Rating:

16. Drowned World
As Joe tries to dissolve his business relationship, Allison is hired to determine if a house is haunted. Meanwhile, Devalos receives unexpected news about his career.

My Thoughts:
Not really impressed with this one either. Especially considering this is the season finale. It is really no more then an average episode. I found I really didn't care about the characters.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2010, 02:02:20 AM »
OK... I am once again finished with this marathon until I am able to add the next season to my collection.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2012, 08:08:11 PM »
I just looked up this thread since I ordered season 6... and I see I never reviewed the episodes for season 5! So maybe I will re-watch (and review) the episodes of season 5 while I wait for season 6 to get here.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2012, 08:14:11 PM »
Medium: Season 5

Patricia Arquette returns as Allison Dubois, the psychic mom who tries to balance her challenging career with her family life at home. This season, a sense of order is restored when Allison return to work with D.A. Manuel Devalos (Miguel Sandoval) and detective Lee Scanlon (David Cubitt). Plus, her husband Joe (Jake Weber) sets up his own company, funded by a multimillionaire.

But it's Allison's daughter Ariel (Sofia Vassilieva) – more than her younger sister Bridgette (Maria Lark) – who has trouble accepting the gift she inherited from her mother. This season, unsetting visions about school and boys trouble this psychic teen. In this 5-disc set of Medium: The Fifth Season – which includes all 18 episodes - Allison's life at home can be just as baffling as any police case.

Episodes:
1. Soul Survivor
2. Things to Do in Phoenix When You're Dead
3. A Person of Interest
4. ...About Last Night
5. A Taste of Her Own Medicine
6. Apocalypse...Now?
7. A Necessary Evil
8. Truth Be Told
9. All In the Family
10. Then... and Again
11. The Devil Inside (Part 1)
12. The Devil Inside (Part 2)
13. How to Make a Killing in Big Business (Part 1 & 2)
14. How to Make a Killing in Big Business (Part 3)
15. The Man in the Mirror
16. The First Bite Is the Deepest
17. The Talented Ms. Boddicker
18. Bring Me the Head of Oswaldo Castillo
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2012, 12:45:46 AM »
Medium
Season 5 Disc 1

1. Soul Survivor
Allison is assigned to a case where a woman's late husband appears to inhabit the body of her current one. Young Bridgette draws naked pictures of her teacher.

My Thoughts:
As is true with 99.9% of the episodes of this series... this episode opens with a dream Allison is having. The opening dream on this episode is a video clip of the old series Believe it or Not. It is a good episode with an interesting story... but I definitely seen better.

My Rating:

2. Things To Do In Phoenix When You're Dead
When a man brutally kills a woman and dumps her body, the only witness to the crime is a ghost. Meanwhile, an artificial baby has a strange effect on Ariel.

My Thoughts:
Double your pleasure...double your fun.. In this episode we don't get one... but two opening dreams. This os a very good episode that I enjoyed every second of. Not only does it have a great storyline... it also has an unexpected ending that I really got a kick out of.

My Rating:

3. A Person Of Interest
As Joe welcomes a new employee, Allison's latest case causes her to develop an overwhelming urge to build something dangerous in their garage.

My Thoughts:
While not terrible... I think this one is only ok. While I liked how the visions effected Allison in this episode... I just couldn't get myself to care about the characters. So even with a decent storyline without likable characters... I just couldn't get into it as much as I would have liked to.

My Rating:

4. ...About Last Night
Allison wakes up in a strange neighborhood with her car missing — and six hours she can't account for. Teaching Ariel to drive frustrates Joe.

My Thoughts:
This one has a very good mystery. It really keeps your interest since it is trying to figure out what happen to Allison. Enjoyed it quite a bit.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2012, 04:34:31 PM »
Medium
Season 5 Disc 2

5. A Taste Of Her Own
As Devalos celebrates his reinstatement, a councilman asks for help locating his daughter. Allison dreams of baby news for Scanlon and keeps Joe up all night.

My Thoughts:
while not bad...this one is really kind of an average episode. It don't have a very original storyline. But worth watching all the same.

My Rating:

6. Apocalypse...Now?
Ariel develops a crush on her new study partner. And Allison dreams of a nuclear holocaust which she later ties to a mass murder case.

My Thoughts:
This one I enjoyed very much. It has a good storyline. Definitely worth the time put in to watch it.

My Rating:

7. A Necessary Evil
The ghost of Agent Cooper offers to help solve a crime, but Allison suspects an ulterior motive. Joe's boss forces him to hire someone untrustworthy.

My Thoughts:
Kurtwood Smith (That '70s Show) returns as FBI Agent Cooper. A good episode that I enjoyed very much. In this one the ghost of Agent Cooper finds a teen that can do the same thing Allison can do to kill for him. While I found the main storyline interesting... the side story with Joe didn't interest me that much. But that really was a small part of the episode.

My Rating:

8. Truth Be Told
Allison develops a knack for spotting lies. So when a young couple is murdered – and Joe is sued for stealing an idea – she puts her new ability to the test.

My Thoughts:
Another episode I enjoyed quite a bit. I always liked when Allison's abilities has some sort of physical effect on her. In this case hearing a buzzer every time someone tells a lie. Made for a good storyline... and has an interesting case she is working on.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2012, 01:33:50 AM »
Medium
Season 5 Disc 3

9. All In The Family
Joe gets a surprise visit from his sister – and the ghost of his father. Allison helps search for a missing mother whose children have a bizarre relationship.

My Thoughts:
An interesting episode that I enjoyed quite a bit. The case being worked on is a bit out there.... but it works nicely all the same. I found I didn't care too much about the side storyline with Joe's sister... but the other side storyline with Ariel made up for it.

My Rating:

10. Then...And Again
After she and Devalos are gunned down, Allison wakes up five years in the past. Now she must convince her boss to change his mind about a murder conviction.

My Thoughts:
This is an excellent episode. I enjoyed every second of it. It has a great storyline that even after multiple viewings (3 viewings now) still pulls me in and keeps my attention to the final scene.

My Rating:

11. The Devil Inside (Part 1)
A man stalks Allison, convinced he's doing the work of God. Later, the Dubois family becomes confined to their home and Joe worries about his new company.

My Thoughts:
Another excellent episode that really drawls you in from beginning to end. Makes you feel for Allison... not even death can stop her stalker since she sees the dead and he can send her dreams to effect what it is she does. After watching this episode there is no way not to continue on to part 2 right away.

My Rating:

12. The Devil Inside (Part 2)
Allison continues to be stalked by her obsessed stalker, even after he dies. Joe enlists Marie's help in playing the stock market for his boss.

My Thoughts:
An excellent continuation to the last episode! I especially liked how they ended the storyline of Allison's stalker.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2012, 06:46:11 PM »
Medium
Season 5 Disc 4

13. How To Make A Killing In Big Business (Parts 1 & 2)
A fellow female psychic offers Allison a dream job, but with strings attached. Meanwhile, Ariel takes prescription drugs to stop visions of a dead classmate.

My Thoughts:
This is a very good double-length episode. One that still has another part to go. I liked the somewhat surprise reason for the job offer Allison got.

My Rating:

14. How To Make A Killing In Big Business (Part 3)
As Ariel continues to have disturbing visions at school, Allison tries to persuade her new boss to turn in his son, convinced that he is a serial killer.

My Thoughts:
A great conclusion to this 3 part episode. I'm glad to see they didn't drag on Allison having to work this new job for too many episodes. Some series makes the mistake of dragging things on too long.

My Rating:

15. The Man In The Mirror
Just before Marie's school play, Allison falls into a coma. But then her spirit jumps into the body of a middle-aged man, who insists on living with Joe.

My Thoughts:
This one is a bit on the weird side. I liked that they got Jeffrey Tambor for an episode... but seeing him play the part of Allison was more then a bit strange.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2012, 09:48:29 PM »
Medium
Season 5 Disc 5

16. The First Bite Is The Deepest
After she dreams of a young kidnap victim, Allison visits her former employer Cynthia Keener in prison. Joe's new boss offers him a job in San Diego.

My Thoughts:
This is a very good episode. I liked seeing them bring back Angelica Huston for another episode... who was in many episode in season 4.

My Rating:

17. The Talented Ms. Boddicker
A lonely bank teller claims she predicted a robbery, but Allison has her doubts. As Scanlon prepares for fatherhood, Joe starts his new job in San Diego.

My Thoughts:
An interesting episode... but not a great one. Really more on the average side. No more then a filler episode.

My Rating:

18. Bring Me The Head Of Oswaldo Castillo
When Allison suffers a health crisis, she's afraid that a much needed operation will take away her gift, and prevent her from saving her family from an assassin.

My Thoughts:
An excellent episode. One that leaves you wanting more as there is a very serious cliffhanger till next season!

My Rating:
Pete