Author Topic: Sliders Episode Reviews  (Read 6089 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Sliders Episode Reviews
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 03:53:40 PM »
Season 5: Disc 3

10. Easy Slider
On a world where gas powered vehicles are outlawed due to the pollution they generate, Mallory becomes friends with a group of motorcycle riders.

My Thoughts:
This is a pretty good episode. Though I have definitely seen better. I kinda liked the storyline... but didn't care to much about the characters.

My Rating:

11. Requiem
Rembrandt receives visions from Wade.

My Thoughts:
This one is hard for me to rate as there is a lot I liked about it... and there is a lot I didn't care for. I do love that they let it known what happen to Wade. It went on way too long with us not knowing. It is just a shame they had to get a double as Wade... that they couldn't get Sabrina Lloyd for the episode. Thinking back on the episode I would have to say I liked more about it then I didn't.

My Rating:

12. Map of the Mind
Diana and Mallory become trapped at a mental institution.

My Thoughts:
This episode is ok... but definitely not a favorite. Storyline is a pretty good idea just wasn't done very well. I didn't care much for the characters either.

My Rating:

13. A Thousand Deaths
The sliders arrive on a world where the local population participates in deadly arcade simulators.

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this episode quite a bit.The arcade simulators looked like fun. They mixed in a little comedy in this one. Nothing laugh-out-loud funny.... more of a light-hearted type of thing.

My Rating:

14. Heavy Metal
The sliders exit a vortex in the middle of the ocean, and must join the crew of a pirate ship in order to get back to California.

My Thoughts:
I really couldn't get into this episode. It didn't hold my attention. Before I even got to the middle of the episode I found myself doing things on the computer while this one played in the background. More boring then anything else.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Sliders Episode Reviews
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2012, 02:43:05 PM »
Season 5: Disc 4

15. To Catch a Slider
The sliders must find a gem needed to repair their malfunctioning timer.

My Thoughts:
This is a pretty good episode, I enjoyed it. In this one the Sliders have to become jewel theives so that they can fix the timer. I will say that this episode has a good laugh towards the end.

My Rating:

16. Dust
The group lands on a world where Rembrandt is regarded as a deity.

My Thoughts:
I just wasn't able to get into this episode. I found it more boring then anything. Wasn't long into this episode before I found myself doing other things while this episode played in the background.

My Rating:

17. Eye of the Storm
In their final encounter with Dr. Geiger, the scientist reveals that he can separate Mallory from his double Quinn.

My Thoughts:
This episode I enjoyed quite a bit. But this time in more of an interesting way. This one is heavy on the Science part of science fiction.

My Rating:

18. The Seer
On a world with a television program based on the sliders' adventures, a psychic predicts their fate: they die in their next slide.

My Thoughts:
Well this is a bit of a surprise for me... because I loved this episode! I haven't enjoyed an episode this much sense about maybe sometime in the 3rd season. I really enjoyed the storyline a lot. I liked all the characters. I also liked that this episode is about the Kromaggs without there being any Kromaggs in the episode. The only bad thing about this episode... it is terrible for a series finale. Would have made an excellent season finale... but to end the entire series like this. With so many unanswered questions... it is just wrong!

My Rating:

The End
Pete