Author Topic: My Thanksgiving Marathon  (Read 2700 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
My Thanksgiving Marathon
« on: November 27, 2008, 02:09:11 PM »
My Thanksgiving Marathon
I thought today I would spend what little free time I have watching a bunch of Thanksgiving episodes of various TV Shows that I have. At least as far as I remember this is the first year I have ever did this... but I hope to make it another yearly tradition.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 4 - Pangs
Warned that Buffy may be in great danger, Angel returns to Sunnydale just as the spirit of a Chumash warrior rises to avenge the death of his people.

My Thoughts:
This is an episode that I always found to be a lot of fun. They mixed in a lot of comedy in this episode. I also like the fact that this episode brings back Angel. One thing that always bugged me about this episode though... and this is a minor thing... the final shot of the episode where everyone looks over at a shocked Buffy... Spike has the most goofiest look on his face.... and it always draws my attention... and I have to just shake my head with disappointment in that last shot.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 03:08:07 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: My Thanksgiving Marathon
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 03:06:16 PM »

Dharma & Greg: Season 1 - The First Thanksgiving
After Dharma, Larry and Abby give a farm-full of turkeys their freedom, Dharma volunteers to make Thanksgiving dinner for the whole family in Kitty's spacious kitchen, with Jane's help (while Kitty plays it safe with a restaurant reservation). But Greg is not offering up thanks when he's the last to know that Dharma might have more than just a bird in the oven.

My Thoughts:
This is just a hilarious episode! I always found this series to be extremely funny... but I always thought this episode to be one of the best. I was literally laughing out loud from the beginning to the end. It is such a shame that only the first season was released on DVD... I would have loved to have the entire series on DVD.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 05:21:06 PM »

Picket Fences: Season 1 - Thanksgiving
There doesn't seem much to be thankful for after Wambaugh finds his wife in bed with another man and Jill's father shows up for dinner with his new 26-year-old girlfriend.

My Thoughts:
I am going to say the same thing about this show as I did the first time I watched it. It is a very addicting show... very entertaining... but it is also very preachy! All the same... I would still like to see the remainder sets released. This episode in particular I am not all that happy with. It is an alright episode... but too much fighting... to much drama for a holiday episode.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 07:08:24 PM »

Reba: Season 4 - Thanksgiving
Reba and Barbra clash over who will host this year's Thanksgiving dinner.

My Thoughts:
This is a very entertaining and funny show. One I consider to be very underrated. And even though this is a good Thanksgiving episode... it does feel like it lacks some of what makes the series great. I just can't put my finger on what it is that it's missing. But even with that said... I definitely enjoyed this episode.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 08:09:36 PM »

Everybody Loves Raymond: Season 1 - Turkey or Fish
Debra wants to cook fish for Thanksgiving instead of turkey and, thinking Marie is hoping she'll fail, goes into high gear to prepare dinner.

My Thoughts:
This episode was a lot of fun. This one actually reminded me of the days when my wife was still alive... and we had to have 2 Thanksgiving dinners every year... one at my mother's house and one at her mother's house!

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Pete