Author Topic: I will attempt it again...  (Read 8234 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: I will attempt it again...
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 05:02:01 PM »
I don't mind the gore... but at the same time I don't go out looking for it. I noticed a lot of the episodes of Masters of Horror are pretty gory! But I enjoy them all the same.

So basically if a horror movie is gore heavy... I am cool with that and can enjoy every minute of it.... but I do not buy a movie looking for gore. Looking at my collection I notice myself that I tend to shy away from the cannibal movies myself (unless you consider zombies cannibals!  :P). Something that I wasn't aware I was doing... just turned out that way.

Another thing you need to remember about me... I am still fairly new to watching older movies. I used to be one of those people that wouldn't watch anything that was "old" or Black and white or what have you. Since then I learned what I was missing... but I have a long ways to go to catch up. So I really seen very little pre-1980.  :bag:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 09:31:25 PM »
8 Days and counting!... Here I decided not to watch any more horror until the Oct. 1st...

You can always decide you made the wrong decision and decide to rethink your decision! :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 09:40:24 PM »
8 Days and counting!... Here I decided not to watch any more horror until the Oct. 1st...

You can always decide you made the wrong decision and decide to rethink your decision! :laugh:

My head hurts!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 05:15:31 PM »
I don't mind the gore... but at the same time I don't go out looking for it. I noticed a lot of the episodes of Masters of Horror are pretty gory! But I enjoy them all the same.
Oh yeah, some of those episodes were pretty gory :devil: I think the only one that was actually "censored" though (at least from what they mention in the features) was Jenifer; that scene they show in the special features... (can't describe it here). That is, of course, not counting Imprint, which, in my opinion, was not denied broadcast because of its gore.

So basically if a horror movie is gore heavy... I am cool with that and can enjoy every minute of it.... but I do not buy a movie looking for gore. Looking at my collection I notice myself that I tend to shy away from the cannibal movies myself (unless you consider zombies cannibals!  :P). Something that I wasn't aware I was doing... just turned out that way.
(Almost) Same here. The few times I bought movies for their gore I ended up being disappointed because it was not what I expected or just not as gory as I imagined :whistle: And no, Zombies are not cannibals in the sense I was referring to; I love zombie films, although I only own a few...

Another thing you need to remember about me... I am still fairly new to watching older movies. I used to be one of those people that wouldn't watch anything that was "old" or Black and white or what have you. Since then I learned what I was missing... but I have a long ways to go to catch up. So I really seen very little pre-1980.  :bag:
Well, you are catching up now... It's never too late :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2007, 09:56:48 PM »
Oh yeah, some of those episodes were pretty gory :devil: I think the only one that was actually "censored" though (at least from what they mention in the features) was Jenifer; that scene they show in the special features... (can't describe it here). That is, of course, not counting Imprint, which, in my opinion, was not denied broadcast because of its gore.

Been a while since I watched that episode (Jenifer)... I will have to check it out again... along with the extras to see what scene you are talking about.

And don't even get me started on that episode (Imprint).... that had to be one of the most disturbing things I have ever saw! Wow! No... I don't believe that it was the gore that got it banned from Showtime.

(Almost) Same here. The few times I bought movies for their gore I ended up being disappointed because it was not what I expected or just not as gory as I imagined :whistle: And no, Zombies are not cannibals in the sense I was referring to; I love zombie films, although I only own a few...

I have a load of Zombie movies! I haven't watched one in a while though.... hmmm... may have to start my marathon with one! :D

Well, you are catching up now... It's never too late :)

I am working at it... that is for sure! :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2007, 10:03:47 PM »
Just wanted to add... My Month-Long Horror/Halloween Marathon is less then 12 hours away!

And I have a feeling I will be up early in the morning... my daughter is sick... and she still likes to sleep with her daddy when she don't feel good. Since she is a bit of a bed hog... I can see myself getting up extra early and popping in the first disc of my Month-Long Horror/Halloween Marathon!!!
:yahoo: :tv: :clap: :tv: :yahoo:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2007, 11:50:34 PM »
Just wanted to add... My Month-Long Horror/Halloween Marathon is less then 12 hours away!

And I have a feeling I will be up early in the morning... my daughter is sick... and she still likes to sleep with her daddy when she don't feel good. Since she is a bit of a bed hog... I can see myself getting up extra early and popping in the first disc of my Month-Long Horror/Halloween Marathon!!!
:yahoo: :tv: :clap: :tv: :yahoo:

I'm sorry to hear Brittany is sick; I hope she gets better quickly.

Six hours or so and counting!  :bat: :chainsaw: :axed: :rip: :fingerchew: :burninacid:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2007, 01:08:08 AM »
Thanks Kathy...
I may even try to get to bed extra early.. so I can be up and ready extra early!  :yahoo:
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2007, 02:10:11 AM »
I may even try to get to bed extra early.. so I can be up and ready extra early!  :yahoo:

It's nice to see some DVD collectors still have such a passion for actually watching the discs. Keep it up Pete, it's really refreshing!  :thumbup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2007, 02:12:34 PM »
Thanks Sebastien...
but just doing what I always love to do... after all... what is the point of collecting if you can't enjoy what you are collecting... right? :) I always had this love of movies and TV Series... and always have posted my thoughts (mostly to yahoogroups) I just never felt that Invelos (or Intervocative for that matter) was the right place for such. In my opinion those forums is for a different purpose... not to mention a different atmosphere.

Thanks goes out to Touti for giving us a nice place for me to add my thoughts to!  :thumbup:
Pete

tlevel

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 06:41:51 PM »
Thanks goes out to Touti for giving us a nice place for me to add my thoughts to!  :thumbup:

:cheers: :thanks: :thumbup: