Author Topic: Zodiac  (Read 1845 times)

SailorRipley

Zodiac
« on: July 17, 2007, 06:38:35 PM »
Well, I just placed an order for David Fincher's Zodiac, however I was dumb and failed to read DVDTalk's article on the DVD.

For those looking forward to order it, it's a barebones release, so you may want to hold on until early 2008; it has been confirmed a director's cut is in the works. Even this DVD appears to have a trailer for the director's cut edition!

Here I go again to double-dip!  :stars: :suicide:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Zodiac
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 06:45:57 PM »
Thanks for the warning. :thanks:

Actually, I had held off adding it to my Wish List even, being barebones and all. But Fincher being a director I like a lot (I own Fight Club, Seven and Panic Room [hesitating to mention Alien 3 here]; I enjoyed The Game, just not enough to buy it), it's sure something I am interested in. The trailers looked attractive... But on the other hand I also read a few unfavorable reviews. Unfortunately I missed it in the theaters.

SailorRipley

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 06:53:21 PM »
You're very welcome!  :)

Well, I failed to catch it on theaters, but strangely I have read great reviews about it.

I really like Fincher's work, even if he has mellowed out a little and no longer appears to be the new 'Hollywood bad boy' everyone commented on early in his career. As for Alien3, I think it's way too maligned by the fanboys and even if Fincher himself has disowned it, I think it stands very well with the other Alien films. But hell, I even like Alien Resurrection, so, who knows?  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 06:57:08 PM »
Well, FWIW, I did like Alien 3 and thoroughly enjoyed the Extended Cut, which gave a glimpse at what could have been... Alien Resurrection is fine until the "baby" appears (I thought it looked awful).

TheMovieman

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 03:31:39 AM »
If you find it on sale, however, might want to pick it up anyway. The one coming in 2008 will be the director's cut which is supposed to be over 3 hours. It's possible they'll include the theatrical cut but I doubt it.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 03:51:16 PM »
The one coming in 2008 will be the director's cut.... [snip]
That is exactly why I will wait ;)