Author Topic: "Big Bang Theory" Marathon  (Read 30997 times)

lyonsden5

Re: "Big Bang Theory" Marathon
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 04:05:37 PM »
1. Pilot
Synopsis: The two theoretical scientists Leonard and Sheldon get a new Neighbour: Penny, a waitress in The Cheesecake Factory. And suddenly two galaxies begin to crash into each other.

My Thoughts: The opening 2 minutes alone sets up the show perfectly. Sheldon's idea for a t-shirt is great. I think Penny learns everything she need to know abotu her new friends when they tell her they play Klingon Boggle. HA! Luke Skywalker Conditioning Shampoo.

Favorite line: Sheldon to Leonard at the end: "I don't know what your odd are in the whole world but as far as this car goes you're a veritable Mac Daddy"

Great start. All of the characters are set up nicely. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

2. The Big Bran Hypothesis
Synopsis: After he's seen the chaos that is Penny's appartment, Sheldon cleans it (and Leonard helps him) during the night while Penny's sleeping. Naturally she freaks out when she realizes what they've done.

My Thoughts: Leonard comes out at night after hearing what seems to be a noise with his light saber. It's really funny cause he seems to honestly think it would help him if someone was there.  :laugh: Penny begins to define her relationships with all of the guys and how they interact through out the show. It's good to see what they set up now continues true to form throughout the rest of the season (and hopefully into S2. I also like the way she messes with them as a group (something else they continue). When they are redesigning the TV stand and she says
(click to show/hide)

Favorite lines:
Howard in the hallway "[Speaking Russian]"
Penny: "I'm Sorry?"
Howard: "Haven't you ever been told how beautiful you are in flawless Russian?"
Penny: "No, I haven't"
Howard quickly replies: "Get used to it"
Penny a bit creeped out replies: "Yea... I probably wont" 

3. The Fuzzy Boots Corollary
Synopsis: After having no luck with Leslie, Leonard tries to ask Penny out to a date. But she totally misinterprets the invitation, thus not considering it a date.

My Thoughts: Another great beginning to an episode (The four of them playing an online game on their laptops). The openings to each episode are entertaining enough!

The exchange between Leonard & Sarah Gilbert (Leslie) discussing a date was really funny. How they break it down to it's pure fundamental elements and then reach a conclusion was perfect.

Favorite Line: Sheldon to Leonard as Leonard came in from giving Penny her mail: "Penny for your thoughts"

The Luminous Fish Effect
Synopsis: Sheldon gets canned after he's insulted his new boss in his very own - and typical - way. But he uses his time off to invent new things the world was waiting for, e.g. a luminous fish as a night light.

My Thoughts: Not my favorite episode but still very funny. The egg experiement was great, especially the conclusion
(click to show/hide)
  Laurie Metcalf's character is good but for me it is hard to believe someone so deeply rooted in logic and science as Sheldon is could have such a religious upbringing.

Favorite Lines: Sheldon to Penny after his failed egg experiment:
Penny: "Hey, I'm running out to the market, do you guys need anything?"
Sheldon: "Oh... this would be one of the circumstances that people who aren't familiar with the law of large numbers would call a coincedence"

5. The Hamburger Postulate
Synopsis: After they been practicing with their classical instruments, Leonard sleeps with Leslie and is now torn between his fantasy about Penny and the prospect of having a real relationship with Leslie.

My Thoughts: Re: Opening where they are reenacting the civil war with the aid of Orcs, Godzilla, Superman and apparently a pair of Hindu Gods - Could these guys be any more geeky?  :hysterical:

Leslie is a great character. Flash freezing a banana for her cereal cause she didn't have a knife. Great stuff.

Sheldon and Penny together absolutely crack me up and once again they have my favorite line in the show.
Sheldon: "I need your opinion on a matter of semiotics
Penny: "I'm Sorry?" (a line she uses a lot!)
Sheldon: "Semiotics - the study of signs and symbols. It's a branch of philosophy related to linguistics"
Penny [speaking slowly]: "Okay, sweetie, I know you think you're explaining yourself but you're really not"

6. The Middle Earth Paradigm
Synopsis: Penny invites the four - Leonard, Sheldon, Howard and Raj - over to a Halloween party and Leonard hopes that he can present himself in another light during that party.

My Thoughts:6. I have to admit, the fisrt time I saw this episode I was just about to have an asthma attack when they all came in with their costumes.
(click to show/hide)
Reachin for the puffer... tryin to get my breath back  :hysterical:

Sheldon studying the group of party goers and comparing it to Jane Goodall studying apes, and explaining his costume all night.. LOL funny. He really plays his character great. These guys just don't know how to fit in with the average person and they know it, Except Howard that is  :laugh: He thinkgs he is quite the ladies man.

Leonard taking on Penny's old boyfriend with the help of his "wingman" was a great scene too. The classic brains against brawn.

Favorite lines (Couldnt' pick one this time):
Sheldon: "[giving his audio clue to help people figure out his costume, the doppler effect]"

Leonard: "That's how we roll in the shire"

On to disc 2  :thumbup:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 04:20:30 PM »
Yay, it's Monday!

So I watched the first two episodes of disc 2. Still great stuff right there.

The Dumpling Paradox was as funny as they come. Several jokes are rather predictable but they are presented well enough to be funny. I loved the moment where you see Raj eating a sandwich... (you'll understand after you've seen it)

The Grasshopper Experiment is Raj's big moment. Funny how he almost gets into a fight with Sheldon :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 05:41:52 PM »
7. The Dumpling Paradox
Wolowitz gets a girl. Penny beats Sheldon at Halo. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

My Thoughts:
This was a hilarious episode... I enjoyed every second of it. I especially enjoyed the scene in the restaurant where they were trying to figure out how to divide the Chinese food.

8. The Grasshopper Experiment
Rajesh flips over his gorgeous blind date. But she only has eyes for Sheldon. Sheldon?!

My Thoughts:
Another really funny episode. Not only do we get a fun reaction to Rajesh drinking... I also enjoyed the experiment Penny performed at the end of the episode. I find myself laughing more and more at this show.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 01:49:01 AM »
9. The Cooper-Hofstadter Polarization
Leonard and Sheldon go from physics to fisticutts when tempers flare at the symposium.

My Thoughts:
Another really funny episode... had to love the little so called fight between Leonard and Sheldon. But also... had to love the remote controllable cars all chasing Penny.

10. The Loobenfeld Decay
Sheldon cannot tell a lie. He has to tell at least seven. And they are all "un-unravelable!"

My Thoughts:
This one is another fun one. Both Brittany and I were laughing out loud during the whole episode. The extent Sheldon goes to for a lie is unbelievable.

11. The Pancake Batter Anomaly
Everyone knows to head to the hills when Sheldon gets sick. Everyone except Penny, that is.

My Thoughts:
OMG... talk about becoming a baby when you get sick. This is one more thing that Sheldon takes to an extreme. Definitely a good episode... had many laughs while watching it.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 01:52:07 AM »
07. The Dumpling Paradox (2007-11-05)
Writer: Lee Aronsohn, Jennifer Glickman, Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady
Director: Mark Cendrowski
Cast: Johnny Galecki (Leonard Hofstadter), Jim Parsons (Sheldon Cooper), Kaley Cuoco (Penny), Simon Helberg (Howard Wolowitz), Kunal Nayyar (Rajesh Koothrappali), Brooke D'Orsay (Christy), James Hong (Chen), Carol Ann Susi (Mrs. Wolowitz), Kimberly D. Brooks (Automated Cell Phone Voice (voice))

Great episode!
I always love the banter between Sheldon and Penny. And this episode was full of it :)
Who else thinks, that Penny and Sheldon would make a much more interesting couple than Penny and Leonard? :laugh:

08. The Grasshopper Experiment (2007-11-12)
Writer: Lee Aronsohn, Robert Cohen, Dave Goetsch, Steven Molaro
Director: Ted Wass
Cast: Johnny Galecki (Leonard Hofstadter), Jim Parsons (Sheldon Cooper), Kaley Cuoco (Penny), Simon Helberg (Howard Wolowitz), Kunal Nayyar (Rajesh Koothrappali), Sararyu Rao (Lalita), Brian George (Dr. Koothrappali), Alice Amter (Mrs. Koothrappali)

A good episode, but nothing like the previous one.
Brian George (Bashir's dad on DS9, Babu from Seinfeld) plays Rajesh's father.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 01:57:27 AM »
[...]
Brian George (Bashir's dad on DS9, Babu from Seinfeld) plays Rajesh's father.

Thank You Tom! I knew he looked familiar but I couldn't place him!
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 05:00:12 AM »
Sorry, I'm a bit late, but I never got the chance to start watching until now. So I watched the first 6 episodes in one go tonight.

I must say, this is probably the funniest show I've seen in a long while. So many good lines. I love that awkward, inept kind of humour that Sheldon brings. Well, they all do, but nobody quite like Sheldon. He's my favourite character so far. Along with Leslie. I'm still laughing at her flat, emotionless delivery of "Oh, Leonard, you magnificent beast."  :laugh: (episode 5)

I love it! Thanks for whoever suggested we all get it! Can't wait to dive into disc 2!!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 05:01:59 AM by RossRoy »

lyonsden5

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 06:13:01 AM »
Who else thinks, that Penny and Sheldon would make a much more interesting couple than Penny and Leonard? :laugh:
They really are great together. It's almost Sheldon is just a bit intimidated by her and he's not sure what to do about it. As I said before Sheldon is by far my favorite character. A lot of that is due to his interaction with Penny I'm sure.

I do get a kick out of Penny and Howard's interactions as well though.  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2008, 06:22:40 AM »
I was just thinking the same yesterday! At the same time feeling that this may just be where it's headed :hmmmm:

Along with Leslie. I'm still laughing at her flat, emotionless delivery of "Oh, Leonard, you magnificent beast."  :laugh: (episode 5)
I thought she was very reminiscent of Judith in 3rd Rock from the Sun.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2008, 01:42:12 PM »
9. The Cooper-Hofstadter Polarization
Leonard and Sheldon go from physics to fisticutts when tempers flare at the symposium.

Now here you go... "It happens m ore often than you'd think." :laugh: What a fun episode to see this to physicists pick a fight with each other and then sucxk at apologizing :clap:

10. The Loobenfeld Decay
Sheldon cannot tell a lie. He has to tell at least seven. And they are all "un-unravelable!"

Like Pete said, it was great to watch Sheldon protect his lie. Also his usual carelessness reagrding social protocol comes out several times; gotta love him for that.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 03:44:56 PM »
12. The Jersualem Duality
When a child prodigy arrives on campus, Sheldon graciously sets out to destroy him.

My Thoughts:
I found this episode to be fun... but just not as good as the previous episodes. It was a lot of fun to see Sheldon being challenged by  a teenager like this though.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 01:17:17 AM »
09. The Cooper-Hofstadter Polarization (2008-03-17)
Writer: Chuck Lorre, Lee Aronsohn, Dave Goetsch, Bill Prady, Stephen Engel
Director: Joel Murray
Cast: Johnny Galecki (Leonard Hofstadter), Jim Parsons (Sheldon Cooper), Kaley Cuoco (Penny), Simon Helberg (Howard Wolowitz), Kunal Nayyar (Rajesh Koothrappali), Talbott Lin (Chinese Leonard), Howard Chan (Chinese Sheldon)

Another great episode! Sheldon keeps on delivering my favorite lines :)

10. The Loobenfeld Decay (2008-03-24)
Writer: Bill Prady, Lee Aronsohn, Chuck Lorre
Cast: Johnny Galecki (Leonard Hofstadter), Jim Parsons (Sheldon Cooper), Kaley Cuoco (Penny), Simon Helberg (Howard Wolowitz), Kunal Nayyar (Rajesh Koothrappali), D.J. Qualls (Toby)

They were talking about Sarah Connor Chronicles :laugh:
Looks like Sheldon doesn't like it :(

Sheldon having to have to manufacture the perfect lie because he didn't like the white lie Leonard thought up :)

"You have a lot to learn about lying" :laugh:

Nice to see D.J. Qualls again. Haven't seen him for years in anything.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 07:47:52 PM »
11. The Pancake Batter Anomaly (2008-03-31)
Writer: Bill Prady, Stephen Engel, Chuck Lorre, Lee Aronsohn
Cast: Johnny Galecki (Leonard Hofstadter), Jim Parsons (Sheldon Cooper), Kaley Cuoco (Penny), Simon Helberg (Howard Wolowitz), Kunal Nayyar (Rajesh Koothrappali), Carol Ann Susi (Mrs. Wolowitz), Erin Allin O'Reilly (Cheryl)

Sheldon is sick and is being a pain in the ass. A good episode (though not as good as other Sheldon-centered episodes so far).
And Sheldon got Penny to rub his chest. Lucky guy!

12. The Jersualem Duality (2008-04-14)
Writer: Dave Goetsch, Steven Molaro, Jennifer Glickman, Stephen Engel
Cast: Johnny Galecki (Leonard Hofstadter), Jim Parsons (Sheldon Cooper), Kaley Cuoco (Penny), Simon Helberg (Howard Wolowitz), Kunal Nayyar (Rajesh Koothrappali), Mark Harelik (Dr. Gablehauser), Austin Lee (Dennis), Emma Degerstedt (Emma)

Nice idea for an episode, but the execution could have been better. Nothing really funny about this episode.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 01:45:11 PM »
11. The Pancake Batter Anomaly
12. The Jersualem Duality

These two were the funniest episodes yet! I couldn't stop laughing. I would have hoped 12. to end differently (this was predictable and being the target of the other three guys not surprising at all) but the jokes were excellent. Sheldon as a helpless sick pulp whining for help and his idea to transfer Jerusalem to Mexico were pure gold ("If you build it they will come." :hysterical:)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 02:08:35 PM »
Hey guys,

I won't gonna make it this week. I have a lot of work to do this evening and tomorrow is Reunification Day and I will be in Berlin from tomorrow to Sunday. I'll watch discs 2 and 3 next week.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools