Author Topic: It will return in October - Beware !  (Read 21167 times)

RossRoy

Re: It will return in October - Beware !
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2008, 05:43:38 PM »
Hmmmm, it just occured to me that I forgot a small detail...........how does one actually make it to the Light House ? Players will be moving from section to section and room to room but there has to be a way to make it the Light House.  The original plan which I forgot in writing the rules was to have one of the Stairways lead to it but this could very well make the game last only one day if someone is lucky enough to hit that Stairway on the first round...........thinking !!!!!!

Maybe you could have some sort of teleport item, which both members of a team must find, to then teleport to the lighthouse, and be tested there... or something

Touti

« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2008, 06:16:31 PM »
Good idea Seb.  I could replace some of the useless items by acces ports to "Light Conduits" that the dark force is unable to block because it doesn't like light.  These conduits would transport the players directly to the Light House while trying very hard no to lose any of their Molecules in the process  :devil:

The number of conduits would be the same as the number of players and each could be used only once which would prevent a player to tell his/her teammate where to find it.

Najemikon

« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2008, 06:30:44 PM »
Perhaps you can introduce some sort of dark conduit too. Maybe when one of us finds a conduit, we have to use it, but where it takes us depends on our teammate getting a trivia question correct.

Or something like that. :-[

Touti

« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2008, 06:56:32 PM »
Perhaps you can introduce some sort of dark conduit too. Maybe when one of us finds a conduit, we have to use it, but where it takes us depends on our teammate getting a trivia question correct.

Or something like that. :-[

:hmmmm:  How about replacing the Light and Dark Conduits by a "Trivia Triggered Conduits Hub".  When you find a hub the team is asked a Trivia Question which activates the hub when answered.  A good answer activate the Light Conduit and takes you to the Light House, a wrong answer activates the Dark Conduit and takes you to a random location. 

In any case, a hub could only be activated once because once a player has entered a conduit, the light and dark combine behind him/her annihilating each other :stars:.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 06:59:21 PM by Eric »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2008, 08:48:17 PM »
Good Idea  :thumbup:

Just a little question : Do you ask a trivia question for the 2 team members or a different one for each member?

Touti

« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2008, 08:59:30 PM »
One and as always throughout the game full communications within teams are allowed.  Since it's an important matter I think the questions should be asked by The Great Darkness itself, not other players.

Touti

« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2008, 02:55:18 PM »
I finalized the details of how the hubs and conduits will work.  Since there's only 10 hubs, I can't deactivate them after their first usage because on a wrong answer to the trivia question, we would end up with less hubs than we have players and that would not be fair to other teams.

Instead, whenever a hub is activated,  after the player has entered the conduit, the hub will mysteriously move in the mansion and switch location with a useless item.

I also decided to make everyone start the game in the same location, again I think it's more fair this way.  The game will start very soon, please read the guide again if you are not familiar with it.

http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,3677.0.html

Touti

« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2008, 03:04:56 PM »
One last thing.  I posted about it a while back but I think my question got lost in the discussion.  I suggested that maybe we make the useless items not so useless.  I could assign them a value between 1 and 5.  When you pick an item it's value is added to the team's total and the points can be used to buy extra actions, the cost would be 25 points each.

And it is not too late to form a team and join.  I still have to make the plan of the Mansion (How the rooms are connected) so the game will probably start tomorrow night or tuesday.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 03:06:29 PM by Eric »

Touti

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2008, 07:38:42 PM »
Is everybody clear on the rules and how the game works ?  Anyone wants to do a "test run" before we start the real game ?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2008, 08:03:10 PM »
Is everybody clear on the rules and how the game works ?  Anyone wants to do a "test run" before we start the real game ?
Just reread them and they look clear to me.

Just to be sure : When a player get a trivia question by the player of his choice, this person had no idea at who he send it?

Just to be clear :
1. I open a trap door,
2. I want a trivia question and I want a Jon question,
3. You send a pm to Jon asking for one trivia,
4. Jon Haven't prepare is trivia yet and he panic  :P
5. You pm me and I give the right or wrong answer.

At the step #4 in your pm does Jon knows if the question is for me?

Touti

« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2008, 08:20:24 PM »
Yes, Jon would be notified that you have requested a trivia question from him.  Everyone else will know as well since the status of each player will be updated daily.  Actually it doesn't even have to be done in PM, the questions could be posted in the forum, that would probably add to the fun.

I just read the rules again myself and realized I may have not been so clear on certain things.  Each room is divided in 4 Quadrants containing 5 sections each.  When a player uses the "Move to QRS" action, he has to tell me which section he wants to go to but they have to be contiguous. 

The sections are there only to separate the items and to make it easier to keep track of items that have been uncovered.  Moving to a given QRS is just like walking to a given section of the room.  The only way to exit a room though is through one of the doors.

The thing I forgot to specify is that the 4 doors are in the middle section of each quadrant (A5, B5, C5 and D5).  When you move to those sections, your next action will either be "Check the item" or "Open the door".  You can only open the door after you moved to the section where it's located.

Najemikon

« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2008, 09:48:19 PM »
 :o

Good grief. I just read the last few posts and thought I'd been volunteered to be question master! :training:

Touti

« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2008, 10:12:28 PM »
You could be if everyone decides to get questions from you ;)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2008, 06:26:43 AM »
I still need to read the rules :bag: but I feel a test run is like a manual, not needed :devil: