Author Topic: Halloween (2007)  (Read 2465 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Halloween (2007)
« on: January 12, 2008, 04:07:24 PM »
MOVIE / DVD INFO:

Title: Halloween
Year: 2007
Director: Rob Zombie
Rating: NR
Length: 121 Min.
Video:  Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:  English DD 5.1

Stars:
Malcolm McDowell
Brad Dourif
Tyler Mane
Daeg Faerch
Sheri Moon Zombie

Plot:
Rob Zombie ('The Devil's Rejects') 'reinvents the ultimate slasher classic,' unleashing Michael Myers for a bloody rollercoaster of a rampage like fans have never seen. Including a retelling of the original story that unfolds at a breakneck pace, as well as a chilling new introduction that finally reveals the secrets behind Myers' disturbing childhood, 'Halloween' breathes new life into one of film history's most terrifying tales. "It will leave you speechless" ('Bloody-Disgusting').

Extras:
Commentary with Writer/Director Rob Zombi
Alternate Ending
Deleted Scenes (With Optional Commentary)
Bloopers
The Many Masks of Michael Myers
Re-Imaging Halloween
Meet the Cast
Casting Sessions
Laurie Strode Screen Test
Theatrical Trailer

My Thoughts:
This is another one that was a "Blind Buy" for me. I have been curios about it since I first heard about the remake... but when a couple close friends told me just how much they enjoyed it (some people online has even been saying they enjoy it more then the original!) I couldn't wait to get my hands on it... so much so I did something I seldomly ever do... I didn't wait for the price to drop... I needed to see this one as soon as possible!

Going into the movie I was afraid all the hype of the movie would ruin it for me... that I would be expecting too much. But that isn't the case here... I have to say I loved every second of this movie! Watching it... it felt like more then a remake to me... more like a prequel and a remake rolled into one. And I personally think Rob Zombie did a wonderful job with it. I have heard other people say that it was just too much crammed into one movie... but I would disagree with that. Yes there was a lot this movie covered... but I feel it was done well and did not hinder the movie what so ever.

Was this movie better then the original Halloween? I have gotten to the point where I really hate to compare a remake to the original because it always takes away from one or the other (usually taking away from the remake). So I won't go into this too much. But that being said... I wouldn't say I like the remake more.... it is more like I loved them both... but each one for different reasons. When all is said and done the scale balances pretty evenly for me. Over all... in my opinion this movie is a must see for any horror fan. I am not disappointed in any way for getting this one shortly after release instead of waiting for the price drop. I think it was worth every cent.
Pete

DVD4EveR

Re: Halloween (2007)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 11:54:02 PM »
Very well said! I agree 100% as I too bought this dvd the day it was released. Actually before it was released as it was a pre-order from amazon.com. Either way awsome movie !!!

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 12:00:58 AM »
When I saw this thread popping up in the recent post list, I almost thought Pete got weak and watched a horror movie  :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 12:03:16 AM »
LOL... Nope... still standing strong!  :tease:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 12:22:06 AM »
When I saw this thread popping up in the recent post list, I almost thought Pete got weak and watched a horror movie  :laugh:
You are not the only one

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 12:24:41 AM »
I am stronger then that guys!  ;D

I am thinking I may save this one for Halloween day! :)
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 06:09:55 AM »
I am stronger then that guys!  ;D

I am thinking I may save this one for Halloween day! :)
I just saw it recently and must say that I didn't care much for the added backstory. I agree with those saying that the killer is scarier if you know less.

Originally Michael was a kid, from a middle class background no less, who lost his marbles, killed sister and boyfriend and we don't know why; later it's said that he is pure evil and possibly the boogeyman... Now you learn that he is from lower class, abused by family and school peers and basicaly driven into his madness; just less appealing to me.

Same is true for Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning; you know none of the baddies will die, as they are obviously still there in the course of the story of the original film and if you know too much of leatherface's background he looses some of the creepiness about him.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 06:12:23 AM by Achim »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 12:12:11 PM »
I don't know... for some reason none of that ever really bothered me going into either of the movies. I was still able to enjoy every minute of them... and it took nothing away from them IMO. But that is me... like I have said many times I know I am more forgiving then most when it comes to movies... especially horror movies. So my enjoyment level is usually increased.  :)
Pete