Author Topic: Oh boy!  (Read 9312 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Oh boy!
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2008, 01:03:01 PM »
To enter the Autobahn your vehicle must be able to drive at least 60 km/h. As far as I am aware there is no minimum speed but you also mustn't be a hindrance to other people. I believe if you drive less than 90 km/h without a reason and you're involved in a crash it becomes partly your fault.

regarding death toll: from http://www.sgipt.org/verkehr/vus/vus_2007.htm

In 2007 there were 4,949 traffic related deaths. On Autobahns died 602 people (-6.7% in comparison to 2006), on country roads 3,012 (-1.6%) and within city limits 1,335 (-3.5%).

And even on german Autobahns there are very rarely people driving Ferraris with 300km/h. And those are mostly foreigners (from Switzerland, UK, US) who want to drive fast once in their life.

The average driving speed is somewhere between 120 (75mph) and 180km/h (112mph), with peaks to 220km/h (137mph).

My personal high scores are 214km/h (133mph) with my own car and 230km/h (143mph) with a rented Mercedes.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 01:10:10 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2008, 01:21:40 PM »
PS: Most crashes on the Autobahn happen when people decide to enter the Autobahn with 60km/h and decide not to check whether there's someone one the lane and that he might be twice as fast. A similar phenomenon happens when people decide to overhaul trucks and also decide not to check whether the other lane is empty.

And a rising problems are overtired truckers who ram their 40-tons-trucks into the end of a traffic jam.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2008, 12:05:26 PM »
My personal high scores are 214km/h (133mph) with my own car and 230km/h (143mph) with a rented Mercedes.

:hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2008, 12:15:23 PM »

:hysterical: :hysterical:

That slow?  :weep:
Karsten

RossRoy

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2008, 08:56:29 PM »
How to empty a car fund in 6 easy steps:
  • Buy 4 winter tires (Dunlop Grandtrek SJ6 205/70R16)
  • Buy 4 steel wheels for the winter tires
  • Buy 4 wireless pressure sensor gauges
  • Add 4 splash guards
  • Then 2 air deflectors (front and back)
  • And cargo area mat

:wacko:

RossRoy

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2008, 12:52:29 PM »
Well, it's been almost 3 months now with the new car, and I must say: I love it!

But what I'm most impressed with, is gas mileage. Sure, it's not the smallest around the block, but considering the size of the car, as well as my own weight, it's doing pretty good! And with gas prices coming down lately, it's even better!

The car is more than twice the size of my previous Sidekick, with an even bigger engine (1.6L vs 2.4L), yet, they guzzle up pretty much the same thing:

Really nice!