Author Topic: Pink Panther 2  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Pink Panther 2
« on: April 30, 2009, 01:21:04 AM »
I went to see The Pink Panther 2 back in February after it came out - yes I'm that far behind.   :laugh: 

I enjoyed the 2006 movie The Pink Panther with Steve Martin even though it was a bit silly at times.  I thought that worked for the character and what was going on and still enjoy the movie.  So when I heard that a sequel was being made, I was interested in seeing it.

A thief called the Tornado is stealing priceless items from around Europe.  An international team of detectives is assembled to find the thief with Inspector Jacques Clouseau leading the team.  The team has some problems working together since they keep trying to out do each other.  They all end up looking like idiots, especially when the Tornado strikes again.

I enjoyed this movie, though not as much as the first one.  Things just didn't seem to work as well - especially the addition of the other detectives.  I still enjoyed the movie, but it could have been better.  I think the plot had some potential, but it just wasn't handled as well. 

There is a little bit of mystery in the movie that helps to keep things interesting.  The same type of silly, slapstick type of humor from the first movie was back for this one.  Most of the humor was provided by Clouseau and his bumbling antics.  Some of the attempts at humor didn't work as well and just ended up being stupid.  The type of silly humor used in the movie doesn't appeal to some people, so this movie isn't for everyone. 

There really isn't anything that stands out about any of the characters.  I do like Steve Martin in the part even though he does go a bit overboard at times. 

Overall, I enjoyed the movie, though it could have been better.  Part of why I liked it may have been because I was in the mood for something silly when I saw the movie.

I rated the movie 3 stars on Epinions...here it would probably be between  :-\ and  :D.

I did post a review on Epinions if anyone wants to take a look.

The Pink Panter 2