Author Topic: Easter Movie Marathon  (Read 714 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Easter Movie Marathon
« on: April 01, 2023, 09:41:26 PM »

For this month i plan to watch Easter Movies. But plan to do this in a way to make the most of it. I will be watching movies to cover the modern family holiday, the religious holiday, films that are about candy and films that are about rabbits/bunnies. This way I can get enough films out of my collection to cover the entire month.

Some Films I may be watching this Month:

Family Holiday:
- The Easter Bunny is Coming to Town
- Easter Parade
- Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail
- Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail: The Movie
- Hop

Religious Holiday:
- Ben Hur
- Greatest Story Ever Told
- Ten Commandments
- Noah

Movies About Candy
- Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
- Chocolat
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Movies about Rabbits/Bunnies
- Peter Rabbit
- Peter Rabbit 2
- Wallace and Gromitt: Curse of the Were-rabbit
- Zootopia
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 07:14:01 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Easter Movie Marathon
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 07:10:15 PM »
     Easter Parade: Two-Disc Special Edition (1948/United States)

Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:Charles Walters
Writing:Sidney Sheldon (Screenwriter), Frances Goodrich (Screenwriter), Albert Hackett (Screenwriter), Frances Goodrich (Story By), Albert Hackett (Story By)
Length:103 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Judy Garland as Hannah Brown
Fred Astaire as Don Hewes
Peter Lawford as Jonathan Harrow III (Johnny)
Ann Miller as Nadine Hale
Jules Munshin as François

Plot:
Strolling along 5th Avenue or going on the bum as A Couple of Swells, Judy Garland and Fred Astaire lead a parade of music (17 Irving Berlin tunes and an Academy Award®-winning* adaptation score arranged by Johnny Green and Roger Edens) and gotta-dance fun (including Astaire's Drum Crazy) in this neverending delight co-starring Ann Miller (performing a knockout Shakin' The Blues Away) and Peter Lawford (gamely crooning The Fella with the Umbrella with Garland). Don't let this colorful Easter Parade pass you by!

*1948: Best Scoring of a Musical Picture

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Production Notes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Closed Captioned
  • Radio Production

My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed watching this one. Fred Estair and Judy Garland were both great in their roles. I was a little surprised that the only thing this had to do with Easter is the beginning and ending where it was little more then mentioned that the Easter Parade was going on. I think the main reason I am surprised by it is because that is after all the title of the movie. Either way an enjoyable movie that I would recommend.
Rating:

Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 09:19:27 PM »
     The Easter Bunny Is Comin' to Town: Deluxe Edition (1977/United States)

Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:Arthur Rankin, Jr., Jules Bass
Writing:Romeo Muller (Writer)
Length:50 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:English

Stars:
Fred Astaire as Narrator (voice)
Skip Hinnant as Sunny the Bunny (voice)
Robert McFadden as Chugs (voice)
Allen Swift (voice)
Ron Marshall as Hallelujah Jones (voice)

Plot:
You can only find kids in kidsville. They make their own rules and run their own town. Every spring, all the kids – including Sunny the Bunny – come together to make Easter goodies. Now its Sunny's job to take all the yummy jellybeans and painted eggs to town, a dreary old village where no kids are allowed!

The Easter Bunny Is Comin' to Town is a cheery, tuneful production combining stop motion magic and the vocal talents of another magical treasure, Fred Astaire. Watch Sunny and friends win over Town's meanies by teaching them fun Easter traditions. Share this Digitally Remastered Edition – with all new Bonus Features – as part of your family's Easter tradition.

Extras:
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Closed Captioned
  • 3 Shorts

My Thoughts:

This is a real blast from the past. I haven't watched this one in quite a while. Lots of nostalgia here. Rankin Bass was definitely the best of their time. Now that I have this in my collection I will have to be sure to watch it every year.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 12:43:40 AM »
 A lot of good this did... Life got very hectic for a couple months. will try something else this month.
Pete