Author Topic: My Pilot/Finale Episode Marathon  (Read 3761 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
My Pilot/Finale Episode Marathon
« on: May 11, 2008, 10:17:06 PM »
My Pilot/Finale Episode Marathon
For about the next week I decided to do a Pilot & Finale episode marathon on some of the TV Series that I have every episode of. This will not be in any particular order... just whatever shows the mood hits me for.

Adventures of Superman

Pilot::
Superman on Earth
Recounts Superman's flight from doomed Krypton, being raised by the Kents, his arrival in Metropolis, and getting hired as reporter Clark Kent at the Daily Planet when scooping Lois on Superman's debut.

My Thoughts:
The first episode of this series decided to start at the very beginning... the destruction of Krypton and Arrival of Superman on Earth. Was definitely a good episode. There was however 1 very big noticeable difference from any other Superman show or movie I ever saw before... for some reason the Kents name is Eban and Sarah Kent instead of the normal Johnathan and Martha. Which is something I found strange but didn't take away from the enjoyment of the show any.

Fanale::
All That Glitters
What if? After a whack to the head, Jimmy dreams he and Lois has the same powers as the Man of Steel.

My Thoughts:
This was basically no more then a fun episode. I definitely enjoyed seeing Jimmy and Lois with Superman's powers. It kinda gave me a chuckle. The finale of this series was no different then any other episode... leading me to believe that when it aired they most likely didn't realize the 6th season would be the series last. though who knows for sure... what with the age of this series... they could have done things differently back then.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: My Pilot/Finale Episode Marathon
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 05:56:08 PM »

Charmed

Pilot:
Something Wicca This Way Comes
Reunited in the grand Victorian home of their childhood, a trio of sisters, Prue (Shannen Doherty), Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) and Piper (Holly Marie Combs) discovers they are gifted Wicca witches. Little do they know that their newfound powers mean that they are now prey to evil forces.

My Thoughts:
This was the start of one of my all time favorite TV Shows... probably my absolute favorite show! Three beautiful and strong women. One thing I always liked in movies and TV series is a strong female character. And this series don't have one... but 3 in every episode. This is the show that also made me such a huge fan of the always lovely Holly Marie Combs. I so wish she would return to acting... though I do understand her wanting to spend time with her family for now.

Finale:
Forever Charmed
Piper enlists Coop's help to travel back in time and change the events that lead to the deaths of Phoebe and Paige

My Thoughts:
One thing I will forever be thankful for is that they seen the end coming on this series... and was able to end this series in a very positive way and allow for closure on the show. This could possibly be my favorite TV Series Finale of all time. If not... pretty darn close to it. I know that Shannen Doherty left this series on not the best terms in the world... but if I have one regret about this series finale it has to be that not even a picture of Prue was shown in the finale.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 12:08:21 AM »

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Pilot:
Welcome to the Hellmouth/The Harvest
Teenage vampire slayer Buffy Summers moves to a new town to make a fresh start, but finds her powers are sorely needed. As Buffy tries to settle into her new surroundings, she is called upon to stop the Master Vampire from destroying the earth.

As Willow searches for information on 'The Harvest', Buffy goes after Jesse but is already too late. The vampires attack the bronze to begin the ceremony and Buffy must intervene to save everyone.

My Thoughts:
Another of my favorite shows. This was a strong start to the series which only got better. After watching all the seasons not all that long ago... I was surprised how much I enjoyed watching the episodes again so soon.

Finale:
Chosen
The final battle begins as Buffy, Spike, Anya, Willow and the continuously growing amount of Potentials take on the First's Turok-Han army as Sunnydale is finally engulfed into the Hellmouth.

My Thoughts:
Another series that I think ended well. definite closure on this series. Even with the closure... it just felt like there was more story to tell. I personally would love to see a reunion movie for this series before too much longer.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 08:39:22 AM »
My Thoughts:
Another series that I think ended well. definite closure on this series. Even with the closure... it just felt like there was more story to tell. I personally would love to see a reunion movie for this series before too much longer.
Have you read the comic "The Long Way Home"?
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 12:51:20 PM »
nope... I haven't gotten my hands on any of the comics yet.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 09:56:20 PM »
Neither have I. Must track them down, because they look marvellous. I thought the ending was incredible for a TV series. It was definitely over and completed, but with a new angle to explore.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 10:17:24 PM »

Angel

Pilot:
City oft
Newly arrived in Los Angeles, Angel is befriended by a half-demon named Doyle who visions lead him to a powerful vampire whose next victim just may be Cordelia Chase.

My Thoughts:
This is the start of yet another great series. Watching this episode I was so tempted to continue on through out the whole series. But I knew that I had started this marathon... so this is the one I had to complete. I think my favorite part of this episode was when Cordilia was in the home of that vampire and Angel came to help her... and she said something to the effect of "You don't know who that is do you... ohhhh you are going to get your ass kicked!" That line alone showed this was a whole new series... one where Angel was starting over again where he was not known and had no allies yet.

Finale:
Not Fade Away
The gang prepares to attack the true powers of evil by attempting to take down the Circle of the Black Thorn - a battle none of them expect to survive.

My Thoughts:
When watching this episode what more can you say then... WOW!... talk about going out with a bang! part of me loved this series finale. I thought in a way the ending was ingenious. But then again another part of me wants to cry every time that it ended too soon! I wanted to see what happened from there so badly! I know I said I wanted a Buffy reunion movie before it was too late... but what I think I really want is a combined Buffy/Angel reunion movie! Let us see what happened from here!!!
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 07:36:47 AM »
Neither have I. Must track them down, because they look marvellous. I thought the ending was incredible for a TV series. It was definitely over and completed, but with a new angle to explore.

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Najemikon

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 10:00:48 AM »

Ta! 8)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 10:13:04 PM »

Amazon DE has it just shipped.  :yahoo:
Karsten