Author Topic: April Movie Marathon: Saturn Awards Best Horror Films  (Read 5046 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
April Movie Marathon: Saturn Awards Best Horror Films
« on: April 02, 2020, 05:22:42 PM »

This means that I will have to watch 42 movies by the end of April. I am pretty sure I can do this... especially what with the self-isolation for Corona Virus going on. Not like much is open to go too far. :P

The Films:
  • 28 Days
  • American Werewolf in London
  • Apt Pupil
  • Arachnaphobia
  • Army of Darkness
  • Beetlejuice
  • Blacula
  • Bram Stoker's Dracula
  • Burnt Offerings
  • Cabin in the Woods
  • The Conjuring
  • Crimson Peak
  • The Dead Zone
  • The Descent
  • Don't Breath
  • Dracula (1979)
  • Dracula Untold
  • Drag Me to Hell
  • The Exorcism of Emily Rose
  • The Exorcist
  • Final Destination
  • The Fly (1986)
  • Fright Night (1985)
  • From Dusk til Dawn
  • Get Out
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  • Gremlins
  • Hellboy II
  • Interview with a Vampire
  • Let Me In
  • The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane
  • The Lost Boys
  • The Others
  • Poltergeist (1982)
  • A Quiet Place
  • The Ring
  • Scream
  • Shaun of the Dead
  • The Silence of the Lambs
  • Sweeney Todd
  • The Wicker Man
  • Young Frankenstein

Left to watch: 24
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:30:04 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: April Movie Marathon: Saturn Awards Best Horror Films
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 07:48:31 PM »
     Let Me In (2010/United States, United Kingdom)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Anchor Bay Entertainment (United States)
Director:Matt Reeves (1966)
Writing:Matt Reeves (1966) (Screenwriter), John Ajvide Lindqvist (Original Material By)
Length:116 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Kodi Smit-McPhee as Owen
Chloë Grace Moretz as Abby
Richard Jenkins (1947) as The Father
Cara Buono as Owen's Mother
Elias Koteas as The Policeman

Plot:
From Matt Reeves – the director of Cloverfield – comes the new vampire classic that critics are calling "chillingly real" (Scott Bowles, USA Today), "one of the best horror films of the year" (Cinematical) and "a haunting, touching and unforgettable thriller" (Pete Hammond, Boxoffice Magazine). In bleak New Mexico, a lonely, bullied boy, Owen (Kodi Smit-McPhee of The Road), forms a unique bond with his mysterious new neighbor, Abby (Chloë Grace Moretz of Kick-Ass), who moves from town to town with the man who appears to be her father (Oscar® Nominee Richard Jenkins of The Visitor). Trapped in the mind and body of a child, however, Abby is forced to hide a horrific secret of bloodthirsty survival. But in a world of tenderness and terror, how can you invite in the one friend who may unleash the ultimate nightmare?

Based on the Swedish novel, Let the Right One In, "Let Me In is a dark and violent love story, a beautiful piece of cinema and a respectful rendering of my novel for which I am grateful." (John Ajvide Lindqvist, author)

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Picture-in-picture
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

I definitely enjoyed this film. I do like the original better as I think it conveys the story better. Though there is some really good effects in this one. I do like the cast here and felt they did a good job. Keeping your attention easily. This film is well worth the time put in to see it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 10:15:53 PM »
     Burnt Offerings (1976/United States)

MGM Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Dan Curtis
Writing:Robert Marasco (Original Material By), William F. Nolan (Screenwriter), Dan Curtis (Screenwriter)
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Karen Black as Marian
Oliver Reed as Ben
Burgess Meredith as Brother
Eileen Heckart as Roz
Lee H. Montgomery as David

Plot:
Step inside a vacation house of horror in this terrifying thriller that "does for summer homes what Jaws did for a dip in the surf" (The New York Times)! Starring Karen Black, Oliver Reed, Burgess Meredith and Bette Davis, this riveting haunted-house chiller delivers "hidden terrors [that] mount creepily as the film builds to a climax of pulverizing fright" (Rex Reed)!

Marian (Black) and Ben (Reed) find it hard to believe that for only $900 they've rented a sprawling country mansion for the entire summer. But as they settle into their isolated estate with their son and Ben's aunt (Davis), they find themselves surrounded by a living presence – an evil, hypnotic, occult force – that feeds on torture, fear...and murder.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

This one I enjoyed quite a bit. It has some stars I have become a fan of such as Karen Black and Burgess Meredith. This is defenitely on the slow side, but it didn't have any trouble keeping my intrest. This movie has a good... but subtle atmosphere that works very well for this movie. definitely worth the watch.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 07:34:53 PM »
     Fright Night (1985/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Tom Holland (1943)
Writing:Tom Holland (1943) (Writer)
Length:107 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo, English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French

Stars:
Chris Sarandon as Jerry Dandrige
William Ragsdale as Charley Brewster
Amanda Bearse as Amy Peterson
Roddy McDowall as Peter Vincent
Stephen Geoffreys as Evil Ed

Plot:
Fright Night (1985), writer/director Tom Holland's homage to classic horror films, stars Chris Sarandon as the suave vampire next door and Roddy McDowall as the washed-up actor turned vampire killer who attempts to thwart the ambassador of evil's designs on a peaceful suburban enclave. This cult favorite features superb visual effects from a team headed by Richard Edlund (Ghostbusters) and Randall Cook (The Lord of the Rings).

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

A story of mind your own business and no peeking in neighbors windows.  :P

Seriously though this is definitely one of my favorite vampire movies. At least in my top 5. It has a great cast and a very good story that keeps your attention with ease. I loved Roddy McDowall in this one. And Amanda Bearst was very good and definitely cute here. The film has a good mixture of horror and comedy that just works. While I imagine most have, if you never seen this one I definitely recommend it. Well worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 03:37:59 AM »
     Crimson Peak (2015/United States, Canada)

Universal Studios Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Guillermo Del Toro
Writing:Guillermo Del Toro (Writer), Matthew Robbins (Writer), Edith M. Cushing (Original Material By)
Length:119 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-X: 3D, English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, English: DTS: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: DTS: 5.1, French: DTS: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Mia Wasikowska as Edith Cushing
Jessica Chastain as Lucille Sharpe
Tom Hiddleston as Thomas Sharpe
Charlie Hunnam as Dr. Alan McMichael
Jim Beaver as Carter Cushing

Plot:
When her heart is stolen by a seductive stranger, a young woman is swept away to a house atop a mountain of blood-red clay – a place filled with secrets that will haunt her forever. Between desire and darkness, between mystery and madness, lies the truth behind Crimson Peak.

From the imagination of director Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth) comes a gothic romance masterpiece starring Tom Hiddleston, Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska and Charlie Hunnam.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews
  • BD-Live
  • Digital Copy
  • 7.1 DTS:X Immersive Audio & DTS Headphone:X 2.0

My Thoughts:

I must say... I really had a good time watching this film. It has great atmosphere and all the visuals was done beautifully. The ghosts in this film was done a bit differently then I have ever seen before... at first I wasn't sure how I felt about it but by the end of the film I decided yes it was different but I liked it. Also without giving too much away I must say this one is more then just a ghost film. And it is one that easily keeps your attention through-out the entire story. I feel comfortable recommending this one.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 05:35:47 AM »
     Poltergeist (1982/United States)
Turner Entertainment, Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:Tobe Hooper
Writing:Steven Spielberg (Screenwriter), Michael Grais (Screenwriter), Mark Victor (Screenwriter), Steven Spielberg (Story By)
Length:114 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, German: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Italian: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish

Stars:
Craig T. Nelson as Steve Freeling
JoBeth Williams as Diane Freeling
Beatrice Straight as Dr. Lesh
Dominique Dunne as Dana Freeling
Oliver Robins as Robbie Freeling

Plot:
"THEY'RE HERE," playful at first...but not for long. A storm erupts, a tree attacks and little Carol Anne Freeling is whisked away into a spectral void. As her family confronts horrors galore, something else is here too: a new benchmark in Hollywood ghost stories. Producers Steven Spielburg and Frank Marshall and director Tobe Hooper head the elite scream team of this classic horror. Welcome to Home Sweet Haunted Home.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

I haven't watched this one is quite some time. While the movie does have a little bit of a slow start... it definitely makes up for it with a great story. I never been much of a fan of Craig T. Nelson... but I did like JoBeth Williams as the mother. The haunting starts pretty mild... moving things around and such much to the enjoyment and entertainment of the mother. But before you know it things takes a turn for the worse. It has been so long since I watched this one that I forgot how good it is. I enjoyed every minute of watching this one again. If by any chance you have not seen this movie before... I highly recommend it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 09:46:14 PM »
     28 Days Later (2002/United Kingdom)

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Danny Boyle
Writing:Alex Garland (Writer)
Length:113 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:Chinese, English, Korean, Spanish

Stars:
Alex Palmer as Activist
Bindu De Stoppani as Activist
Jukka Hiltunen as Activist
David Schneider (1963) as Scientist
Cillian Murphy as Jim

Plot:
Director Danny Boyle's groundbreaking take on zombie horror has been hailed as the most frightening film since The Exorcist! When a deadly "rage" virus transforms the world around them into a seemingly desolate wasteland, a handful of determined survivors attempt to salvage a future—unaware that the worst is yet to come...

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Music Videos

My Thoughts:

While a good movie, found it to be a little slow for my taste and a little longer then it needed to be. But I did enjoy it. The film has a good story and the cast does a great job. I would definitely recommend it. Especially in this time of the Corona virus. Good film for the times.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 03:00:36 AM »
     Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007/United States)
DreamWorks Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Tim Burton
Writing:Stephen Sondheim (Original Material By), Hugh Wheeler (Original Material By), John Logan (Screenwriter)
Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Johnny Depp as Sweeney Todd
Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Lovett
Alan Rickman as Judge Turpin
Timothy Spall as Beadle
Sacha Baron Cohen as Pirelli

Plot:
Johnny Depp and Tim Burton join forces again in a big-screen adaptation of Stephen Sondheim's award-winning musical thriller.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Interviews

My Thoughts:

This is one tis a favorite of my daughter's. So when she found out I had to watch it this month, she decided to join me. I enjoyed it quite a bit... but then how can you go wrong with a cast such as this? I really liked both the story and the settings. This is a film that easily kept my attention through-out. Even if it is very heavy on music. A little more then I normally enjoy. I would definitely feel comfortable recommending it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 08:04:14 PM »
     The Cabin in the Woods (2012/United States)
Lionsgate (United States)
Director:Drew Goddard
Writing:Joss Whedon (Writer), Drew Goddard (Writer)
Length:95 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Sigourney Weaver as The Director
Kristen Connolly as Dana
Chris Hemsworth as Curt
Anna Hutchison as Jules
Fran Kranz as Marty

Plot:
A rambunctious group of five college friends steal away for a weekend of debauchery in an isolated country cabin, only to be attacked by horrific supernatural creatures in a night of endless terror and bloodshed. Sound familiar? Just wait. As the teens begin to exhibit standard horror-movie behavior, a group of technicians in a control room are scrutinizing, and sometimes even controlling, every move the terrified kids make! With their efforts continually thwarted by an all-powerful "eye in the sky," do they have any chance of escape?

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Interviews
  • Digital Copy
  • BonusView Mode

My Thoughts:

I'ts been a long time since I seen this one. I found it to just be a fun film with a nice amount of gore and lots of creatures. What more can you ask? The cast and crew was good. Speaking of which I never realized Chris Hemsworth was in this film. But to be fair I didn't know who he was till the Marvel movies. Definitely worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 06:50:13 PM »
     An American Werewolf in London (1981/United States)
Universal Studios Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:John Landis
Writing:John Landis (Writer)
Length:98 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS: 2-Channel Stereo, German: DTS: 2-Channel Stereo, Italian: DTS: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Commentary

Stars:
Joe Belcher as Truck Driver
David Naughton as David Kessler
Griffin Dunne as Jack Goodman
David Schofield as Dart Player
Brian Glover as Chess Player

Plot:
Re-discover one of the most gripping horror films of all time with the cult classic, An American Werewolf in London. Blending the macabre with a wicked sense of humor, director John Landis (National Lampoon's® Animal House) delivers a contemporary take on the classic werewolf tale in this story of two American tourists who, while traveling in London, find their lives changed forever when a vicious wolf attacks them during a full moon.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Interviews
  • Storyboard Comparisons
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • BD-Live
  • D-BOX

My Thoughts:

This movie has always held a special place in my heart. Not only is it a good and fun werewolf movie. It is the first ever werewolf movie I remember seeing. It is the movie that started my love for werewolf movies. I absolutely love the effects of the werewolf transformation. I thought they did a wonderful job on it... especially considering how old this movie is. It is hard to believe this movie is almost 40 years old already! I think Rick Baker really needs to be praised for the work he did on the effects of this movie! I thought the cast did a wonderful job as well. What do I say about the gore of this movie? It is kind of hard to explain. While the gore is there some of it is done in a lighthearted way. Like with the visiting corpse of David's friend Jack. I don't know if I am making sense here as I am having trouble putting my thoughts into words... but it is like the gore is there... but in a light hearted almost comedic way... but it don't have a look of it. more of a feeling of it, the actual looks of it is fantastic. I hope I am not being too confusing there. It is like the movie has a mixture of both serious and fun gore. If there is such a thing as fun gore. OK... I am rambling now... lets end this in saying that I absolutely love every minute of it! In my opinion this is a true classic horror in every since of the word!

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 01:45:01 AM »
     The Silence of the Lambs (1991/United States)
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Jonathan Demme
Writing:Thomas Harris (Original Material By), Ted Tally (Screenwriter)
Length:119 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Thai: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Korean, Spanish, Thai

Stars:
Jodie Foster as Clarice Starling
Lawrence A. Bonney as FBI Instructor
Kasi Lemmons as Ardelia Mapp
Lawrence T. Wrentz as Agent Burroughs
Scott Glenn as Jack Crawford

Plot:
Winner* of five Oscars® including Best Picture, Directing, Actor and Actress, this "spellbinding" (The Hollywood Reporter) masterpiece stars Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins.

*1991: Best Picture, Directing (Jonathan Demme), Actor (Anthony Hopkins), Actress (Jodie Foster), Adapted Screenplay

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Anthony Hopkins Phone Message

My Thoughts:

I have loved this movie since the first time I ever seen it back when it was first released in the early '90s. I have watched it countless time both on VHS and DVD.... but this is the first time I got to see it on Blu-ray! Both Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins were excellent in this one. This movie is the one that truly made me a fan of Jodie Foster. Even after countless times of watching this movie... it still has me glued to the screen with such an excellent storyline. If you have been living in a cave for the past 30yrs and never seen this movie... it is one I couldn't recommend any higher! It really is a must see movie!

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 01:47:08 AM »
Wondering if I will make it. I have 32 more movies to watch in the next 22 days. But I am trying.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 04:40:55 AM »
     The Others (2001/United States, Spain)
Miramax, Lionsgate (United States)
Director:Alejandro Amenábar
Writing:Alejandro Amenábar (Writer)
Length:104 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1

Stars:
Nicole Kidman as Grace
Fionnula Flanagan as Mrs. Mills
Christopher Eccleston as Charles
Alakina Mann as Anne
James Bentley as Nicholas

Plot:
Academy Award® winner** Nicole Kidman (The Hours, Moulin Rouge!) delivers an utterly unforgettable performance in this chilling and stylish suspense thriller! While awaiting her husband's return from war, Grace (Kidman) and her two young children live an unusually isolated existence behind the locked doors and drawn curtains of a secluded island mansion. Then, when three mysterious servants arrive, it becomes frighteningly clear that there is far more to this house than meets the eye. Acclaimed by critics everywhere, the unpredictable twists and turns of this compelling hit will keep you guessing!

**2002, Actress in a Leading Role, The Hours.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

I have always enjoyed this movie... is a really good ghost story. Even though I did figure out the end twist early the first time I watched it. This movie has some good atmosphere... and I think the cast did a great job. If you never seen this film... I highly recommend it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2020, 09:25:14 PM »
     From Dusk Till Dawn (1996/United States)

Echo Bridge Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Robert Rodriguez
Writing:Robert Kurtzman (Story By), Quentin Tarantino (Screenwriter)
Length:108 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles:

Stars:
George Clooney as Seth Gecko
Quentin Tarantino as Richard Gecko
Harvey Keitel as Jacob Fuller
Juliette Lewis (1973) as Kate Fuller
Ernest Liu as Scott Fuller

Plot:
After kidnapping a family, the Gecko brothers head south to a seedy Mexican bar to hide out in safety. But when they face the bar's notorious clientele, they're forced to team up with their hostages in order to make it out alive.

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:

One of my favorites. I really like how the movie starts out more of an action-thriller then goes into the horror movie it actually is. This is the first time I ever seen such an idea being used. I felt the cast was great... story was fun.. and another of the best bar fight scenes I have seen in a horror movie (between this one and Near Dark). I also enjoyed all 3 roles that Cheech Marin took on. Especially the role as the bar doorman.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2020, 11:17:49 PM »
     The Fly (1986/United States)

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:David Cronenberg
Writing:George Langelaan (Original Material By), David Cronenberg (Screenwriter), Charles Edward Pogue (Screenwriter)
Length:96 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:Chinese, English, Korean, Spanish, Trivia

Stars:
Jeff Goldblum as Seth Brundle
Geena Davis as Veronica Quaife
John Getz (1946) as Stathis Borans
Joy Boushel as Tawny
Leslie Carlson [Les Carlson] as Dr. Cheevers

Plot:
In this chilling remake of the horror classic, Jeff Goldblum stars as an overly ambitious scientist who accidentally merges with a housefly while conducting a bizarre teleporting experiment. Now his journalist girlfriend (Genna Davis) suddenly finds herself caring for a hideous creature whose insect half gradually begins to take over.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Interactive Games
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

This is an enjoyable movie. It is a bit on the disturbing as well as on the disgusting side. But I think it updated the Vincent price classic well. I can't say that I prefer the original or the remake because even though it has the same basic story — both movies are such a different style from one another that I enjoy each one pretty much the same amount for each of their particular styles. When I want the classic atmosphere of storytelling the Vincent Price version will more then satisfy. But this one is the one I want to see when I want a more disturbed... dark version of the story.

Rating:
Pete