Author Topic: May Marathon: Happy Birthday to Me!  (Read 4014 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
May Marathon: Happy Birthday to Me!
« on: May 07, 2019, 10:02:46 PM »
May Marathon:
Happy Birthday to Me!

Image: The Birthday Cake I Want!... Who wants a piece?

OMG! I can't believe it! I am a week late starting this marathon! Losing an entire week is going to hurt on this... but I am still going to attempt it. This year I turn the big 5-0! So what I am going to attempt is 50  birthday themed shows... going to try to watch 25 birthday themed movies and 25 birthday themed TV show episodes. Wish me luck!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: May Marathon: Happy Birthday to Me!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 03:05:42 AM »
     13 Going on 30 (2004/United States)

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Gary Winick
Writing:Josh Goldsmith (Writer), Cathy Yuspa (Writer)
Length:98 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, French: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Thai: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Commentary

Stars:
Jennifer Garner as Jenna Rink
Mark Ruffalo as Matt Flamhaff
Judy Greer as Lucy Wyman
Andy Serkis as Richard Kneeland
Kathy Baker as Bev Rink

Plot:
Jennifer Garner (Daredevil, TV's "Alias") and Mark Ruffalo (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) star in this hilarious flash-forward romance about a pre-teen girl who goes from geek to glamorous.

With the help of some magic wishing dust, 13 year-old Jenna Rink (Garner) becomes 30 and gorgeous overnight, with everything she ever wanted, except for her best friend Matt (Ruffalo). Now, this grown woman must create some magic of her own to help the little girl inside find the true love she left behind.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Gallery
  • Music Videos
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • BD-Live

My Thoughts:

This is one I have always enjoyed and try to watch every May for my birthday marathon. I really like both Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo in this one. This one is a romantic comedy wish fulfillment fantasy that takes place during a birthday How could I not watch it.

Rating:
Pete