Author Topic: Black Friday is going to ruin me  (Read 4748 times)

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
Re: Black Friday is going to ruin me
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 07:48:36 PM »
I bought $0.00 in items on Black Friday.

In fact, I didn't leave my house, just like I do on every one of them.
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 03:58:14 AM »
Our Walmart is boring... I was there today to buy my coffee and it was bussiness as usual :D

One people bump into me and no fight happen just a "sorry" and "it's ok no big deal" exchange, we Canadians are boring like that :laugh:

I was even alone to check the movie garbage box because I don't have enough film already, but I got nothing because I hate wasting my time going trough them... it would be so much easier to put some order in those box in place of dumping the movies in a complete mess...

Would the garbage box be that big ol bin thing they dump cheap  movies in?  I usually at least give that a quick look when I'm in there...I have found some good ones.  But I don't spend a lot of time digging through them.
I was in the other Walmart briefly this evening - there are 2 here...needed cat food and stuff.  Anyway, they still had some of the movies left on sale, but I couldn't get close enough to see what Blu-rays were left.  A few people were just blocking everything..and the way they  had them sitting was bad.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 04:13:53 AM »
Would the garbage box be that big ol bin thing they dump cheap  movies in?
Yes indeed... the one with DVDs is filled with french dubbed movies with no english track and old DVD (the only interesting one I've seen is Predator and I have that extraless release for years). The blu-ray one is filled with mainstream stuff (not even good stuff I could like, but romantic comedy and other stuff like that who doesn't deserve blu-ray release).

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2013, 04:18:17 AM »
They still had some of the movies left on sale, but I couldn't get close enough to see what Blu-rays were left.  A few people were just blocking everything..and the way they  had them sitting was bad.
I'm sure you can get better deal on Amazon without annoying people around you... Almost bought a Frank Sinatra set that was an Amazon Canada black friday deal for less than 20$ yesterday, but I was able to control myself... I've spent enough money with my order and pre-orders this month.

And I want to save some money to buy a digital camera after Christmas ;D

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 02:34:29 AM »
I'll be getting some movies for my mom and step dad from Amazon.  Other westerns they still want but haven't gotten yet...that are conveniently on my wish list.  ;D

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 05:29:18 AM »
BTW Marie I'm a weak person... I have ordered the Frank Sinatra set and it is on its way here :bag:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 03:05:36 AM »
I understand the feeling...That's why I ended up getting as many as I did at Walmart Thursday night.  Though I did consider a few others before putting them back.  So I showed some control.  lol  That is not to say that I won't break before Christmas and get more for myself too.  There are a few on sale there now that have tempted me.

Blame Jon.  That works for me. ;)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2018, 04:28:49 PM »
So, I've prepared myself for this year's black friday and the Thanksgiving month. My Amazon watchlist is set up. ;)

http://en.sakapo.doena-soft.de/publicprofile.php?user=DJ%20Doena
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools