Author Topic: 2018 Challenge: Box Office TOP 100 FILMS OF ALL-TIME (Domestic Gross)  (Read 21312 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Box Office TOP 100 FILMS OF ALL-TIME (Domestic Gross)
(Adjusted for Inflation)
 www.filmsite.org/boxoffice.html

I want to try to watch all these films within the year 2018. Some will be re-watches. Some of which I already know I do not like... but will watch again anyway. Wish me luck... I should be able to do this all within a year...though many of them are not in my collection as of yet.

I will be watching these in no certain order... just as the mood hits.

Gone With the Wind (1939)
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
The Sound of Music (1965)
E. T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
Titanic (1997)
The Ten Commandments (1956)
Jaws (1975)
Doctor Zhivago (1965)
The Exorcist (1973)
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)
101 Dalmatians (1961)
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
Ben-Hur (1959)
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)
Jurassic Park (1993)
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
The Lion King (1994)
The Sting (1973)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
The Graduate (1967)
Fantasia (1940)
Jurassic World (2015)
The Godfather (1972)
Forrest Gump (1994)
Mary Poppins (1964)
Grease (1978)
Marvel's The Avengers (2012)
Thunderball (1965)
The Dark Knight (2008)
The Jungle Book (1967)
Sleeping Beauty (1959)
Ghostbusters (1984)
Shrek 2 (2004)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)
Love Story (1970)
Spider-Man (2002)
Independence Day (1996)
Home Alone (1990)
Pinocchio (1940)
Cleopatra (1963)
Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
Goldfinger (1964)
Airport (1970)
American Graffiti (1973)
The Robe (1953)
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)
Around the World in 80 Days (1956)
Bambi (1942)
Blazing Saddles (1974)
Batman (1989)
The Bells of St. Mary's (1945)
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
Finding Nemo (2003)
The Towering Inferno (1974)
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)
Cinderella (1950)
Spider-Man 2 (2004)
My Fair Lady (1964)
The Greatest Show on Earth (1952)
National Lampoon's Animal House (1978)
The Passion of the Christ (2004)
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)
Back to the Future (1985)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
The Sixth Sense (1999)
Superman (1978)
Tootsie (1982)
Smokey and the Bandit (1977)
Beauty and the Beast (2017)
Finding Dory (2016)
West Side Story (1961)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977/1980)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)
Lady and the Tramp (1955)
Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)
Rocky (1976)
The Best Years of Our Lives (1946)
The Poseidon Adventure (1972)
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
Twister (1996)
Men in Black (1997)
The Bridge On The River Kwai (1957)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (1963)
Swiss Family Robinson (1960)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
M*A*S*H (1970)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)
Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)
Aladdin (1992)
Toy Story 3 (2010)
Ghost (1990)
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013)

71 to go!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:17:16 AM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Challenge: Box Office TOP 100 FILMS OF ALL-TIME (Domestic Gross)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 06:00:02 AM »
     Titanic (1997/United States)
Wikipedia |IMDb |Trailer |
Paramount Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:James Cameron (1954)
Writing:James Cameron (1954) (Writer)
Length:195 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Dawson
Kate Winslet as Rose DeWitt Bukater
Billy Zane as Cal Hockley
Kathy Bates (1948) as Molly Brown
Frances Fisher as Ruth DeWitt Bukater

Plot:
Experience Academy Award winning* director James Cameron's epic masterpiece Titanic like never before. Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet shine in this unforgettable love story born of tragedy that became a worldwide phenomenon. Take the journey and discover why critics declare Titanic "a magnificent motion picture that remains spellbinding."**

*Best Director, Best Film Editing, Best Picture, Titanic, 1997
**Roger Ebert, CHICAGO SUN-TIMES

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Music Videos
  • Digital Copy
  • THX

My Thoughts:

While a bit longer then I am used to... I found this to be a good story. It was able to keep my interest easily. I was never much of a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio... but I found him to be good in this one. Worth while if you ever feel up to a longer film.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 06:22:28 PM »
     The Exorcist: Extended Director's Cut & Original Theatrical Version (1973/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:William Friedkin
Writing:William Peter Blatty (Screenwriter), William Peter Blatty (Original Material By)
Length:132 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 6.1 (Discrete), English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, German: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Italian: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Japanese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Russian: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Hungarian: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Polish: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish

Stars:
Ellen Burstyn as Chris MacNeil
Max von Sydow as Father Merrin
Lee J. Cobb as Lt. Kinderman
Kitty Winn as Sharon
Jack MacGowran as Burke Dennings

Plot:
Controversial and popular from the moment it opened, The Exorcist marks its historic Blu-ray premiere in a 2-Disc Edition featuring Stunning Hi-Def Presentations of the Original 1973 Theatrical Version and the 2000 Extended Director's Cut. The frightening and realistic tale of an innocent girl inhabited by a terrifying entity, her mother's frantic resolve to save her and two priests – one doubt-ridden, the other a rock of faith – joined in battling ultimate evil always leaves viewers breathless. This greatest supernatural thriller of all time astonishes and unsettles like no other movie.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Production Notes
  • Interviews
  • Outtakes/Bloopers

My Thoughts:

This is a favorite of mine and my late wife's both. Though it did use to scare her to the point that she made me go to every room with her after watching it... as she was afraid to be alone. Sure it is a bit slow in parts. But the story is of such interest to me that it didn't "feel" slow. I of course love the head spin scene... and then there is the whole spider walk down the stairs scene... very cool. Definitely one I would recommend.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 06:36:52 PM »
     Ghostbusters (1984/United States)
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Ivan Reitman
Writing:Dan Aykroyd (Writer), Harold Ramis (Writer)
Length:105 min.
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Portuguese: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Thai: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:Bahasa, Chinese, English, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Commentary

Stars:
Bill Murray as Dr. Peter Venkman
Dan Aykroyd as Dr. Raymond Stantz
Sigourney Weaver as Dana Barrett
Harold Ramis as Dr. Egon Spengler
Rick Moranis as Louis Tully

Plot:
The classic supernatural comedies that defined a generation: Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2, together in this special collector's edition Blu-ray™ set. Celebrate 30 years of the Ghostbusters franchise with remastered high-def picture & sound for both movies, plus all-new and never-before-seen special features. Plus, explore the history of the films with this deluxe collector’s edition, loaded with production notes, character sketches, insider info and more. Bring home these spooktacularly successful films that captured the imagination of audiences around the world—and redefined the action-comedy genre in the process. Who you gonna call?

Extras:

My Thoughts:

One of my all time favorite movies. It is a true '80s classic. This movie is full of fun and laughs. I thought everyone did a very good job in this one. Granted some of the effects didn't hold up that well over the years. And even from the first time I watched it I thought the whole Say Puft Marshmellow Man thing was a little to far on the silly side. But over all it holds up well and I really did enjoy watching it again.

Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 05:07:28 PM »
         Beverly Hills Cop: Special Collector's Edition (1984/United States)

Paramount Home Entertainment (United States)
    Director:Martin Brest
    Writing:Daniel Petrie, Jr. (Screenwriter), Danilo Bach (Story By), Daniel Petrie, Jr. (Story By)
    Length:105 min.
    Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
    Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, French: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
    Subtitles:English

Stars:
    Eddie Murphy as Axel Foley
    Judge Reinhold as Det. Billy Rosewood
    John Ashton (1948) as Sgt. Taggart
    Lisa Eilbacher as Jenny Summers
    Ronny Cox as Lt. Bogomil

Plot:
    The heat is on in this fast paced action-comedy starring Eddie Murphy as Axel Foley, a street smart Detroit cop tracking down his best friend's killer in Beverly Hills. Axel quickly learns that his wild style doesn't fit in with the Beverly Hills Police Department, which assigns two officers (Judge Reinhold & John Ashton) to make sure things don't get out of hand.

Dragging the stuffy detectives along for the ride, Axel smashes through a huge culture clash in his hilarious, high-speed pursuit of justice.

Featuring cameos by Paul Reiser, Bronson Pinchot and Damon Wayans, Beverly Hills Cop is an exhilarating sidesplitting adventure!

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Audio Commentary
    • Feature Trailers
    • Featurettes
    • Gallery
    • Interviews
    • Closed Captioned
    • Location Map

My Thoughts:

This is one I haven't seen in many years. While I still enjoyed this one... I remember liking it more back in the day. Maybe it is just my tastes changing as I get older. But I thought I remembered this one being funnier and more action packed. It has a few laughs in it... but no real action. It is more so a pure comedy.

Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 04:58:28 PM »
         The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring: Extended Edition (2001/United States, New Zealand)
    New Line Home Entertainment (United States)
    Director:Peter Jackson (1961)
    Writing:Fran Walsh (Screenwriter), Philippa Boyens (Screenwriter), Peter Jackson (1961) (Screenwriter), J. R. R. Tolkien (Original Material By)
    Length:228 min.
    Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 6.1 (Discrete), Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
    Subtitles:English, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
    Alan Howard as Voice of the Ring (voice)
    Noel Appleby as Everard Proudfoot
    Sean Astin as Sam
    Sala Baker as Sauron
    Sean Bean as Boromir

Plot:
    Specially created for home viewing, over 30 minutes of new and extended scenes were added by director Peter Jackson, including new music composed by Howard Shore.

An ancient Ring thought lost for centuries has been found, and through a strange twist in fate has been given to a small Hobbit named Frodo. When Gandalf discovers the Ring is in fact the One Ring of the Dark Lord Sauron, Frodo must make an epic quest to the Cracks of Doom in order to destroy it! However he does not go alone. He is joined by Gandalf, Legolas the elf, Gimli the Dwarf, Aragorn, Boromir and his three Hobbit friends Merry, Pippin and Samwise. Through mountains, snow, darkness, forests, rivers and plains, facing evil and danger at every corner the Fellowship of the Ring must go. Their quest to destroy the One Ring is the only hope for the end of the Dark Lords reign!

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Audio Commentary
    • Bonus Trailers
    • Featurettes
    • Gallery
    • Multi-angle
    • Storyboard Comparisons
    • DVD-ROM Content
    • BD-Live
    • Digital Copy
    • Interactive Middle-earth Map

My Thoughts:

Years ago when this film first came out on DVD I tried to watch this one... and just couldn't get into it. I think it was mostly do to me just not being in the mood to watch such an epic film. Not knowing what I was getting myself into at that time. On this viewing I felt completely different. I really got into the characters and the story line. I can't to continue watching the films. Though I will be watching with my roommates so have to wait for times we can all watch them together. Definitely films I recommend. Well worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 08:35:18 PM »
         The Sixth Sense: Vista Series (1999/United States)

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Hollywood Pictures Home Video (United States)
    Director:M. Night Shyamalan
    Writing:M. Night Shyamalan (Writer)
    Length:107 min.
    Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
    Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: DTS: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
    Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
    Bruce Willis as Malcolm Crowe
    Haley Joel Osment as Cole Sear
    Toni Collette as Lynn Sear
    Olivia Williams as Anna Crowe
    Trevor Morgan as Tommy Tammisimo

Plot:
    Nominated for six Academy Awards®* including Best Picture, this critically acclaimed film remains the #1 thriller of all time. Bruce Willis, in an outstanding and restrained performance, is Dr. Malcolm Crowe, a distinguished child psychologist haunted by his failure to help a former patient. When he meets Cole Sear (Haley Joel Osment), a frightened, confused eight-year-old haunted by a profound secret, they begin a suspense-filled journey of discovery. With a riveting intensity you'll find thoroughly chilling and utterly unforgettable, the revelation of Cole's incredible sixth sense leads them both to mysterious and unforeseeable consequences in this powerful supernatural thriller.

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Feature Trailers
    • Bonus Trailers
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Featurettes
    • Gallery
    • Production Notes
    • Storyboard Comparisons
    • DVD-ROM Content
    • Closed Captioned
    • THX
    • Collectible 'The Sixth Sense' Storyboard Sequence.

My Thoughts:

I was a little concerned about watching this one after already knowing the twist. Whether or not it would hold up. But there was no problem. The story still kept my attention with ease. The atmosphere was still great. And I really liked the cast. I was worried for nothing as this is a film that is , in my opinion, good even for multiple viewings.

Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 10:41:02 PM »
         American Graffiti: Special Edition (1973/United States)

Universal Studios Home Entertainment (United States)
    Director:George Lucas
    Writing:George Lucas (Writer), Gloria Katz (Writer), Willard Huyck (Writer)
    Length:113 min.
    Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
    Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 2-Channel Stereo, French: DTS: Mono

Stars:
    Richard Dreyfuss as Curt
    Ron Howard [Ronny Howard] as Steve
    Paul Le Mat as John
    Charles Martin Smith [Charlie Martin Smith] as Terry
    Cindy Williams (1947) as Laurie

Plot:
    From director George Lucas (Star Wars) and producer Francis Ford Coppola (The Godfather), American Graffiti is a classic coming-of-age story set against the 1960s backdrop of hot rods, drive-ins and rock n' roll. Starring Ron Howard, Richard Dreyfuss, Harrison Ford, Cindy Williams, Mackenzie Phillips and Suzanne Somers in their breakout roles, this nostalgic look back follows a group of teenagers as they cruise the streets on their last summer night before college. Nominated for five Academy Awards®, including Best Picture and Best Director, American Graffiti features the howling sounds of Wolfman Jack and an unforgettable soundtrack with songs by Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, The Beach Boys and Bill Haley & His Comets.

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Audio Commentary
    • Feature Trailers
    • Featurettes
    • BD-Live
    • U-Control, Pocket Blu

My Thoughts:

My first time seeing this film. And I must say I enjoyed it. There is no denying how closely this film resembles the TV series Happy Days. Right down to Mel's Drive In, Even has Ron Howard who plays a very similar character as he does in Happy Days. Ron Howard isn't the only familiar face from sitcoms. This movie also has Cindy Williams (Laverne & Shirley) and a very young Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time). I almost didn't recognize her. As I said... enjoyed the film. Had fun watching it, though I do wonder how much re-watch-ability it has. Guess I will find out the next time I decide to watch it.

Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 01:59:23 AM »
         Men in Black (1997/United States)
    Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
    Director:Barry Sonnenfeld
    Writing:Lowell Cunningham (Original Material By), Ed Solomon (Story By), Ed Solomon (Screenwriter)
    Length:98 min.
    Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
    Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, French: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Thai: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
    Subtitles:Arabic, Bahasa, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Commentary, Other

Stars:
    Tommy Lee Jones as Kay
    Will Smith (1968) as Jay
    Linda Fiorentino as Laurel
    Vincent D'Onofrio as Edgar
    Rip Torn as Zed

Plot:
    Men in Black follows the exploits of Agents K (Jones) and J (Smith), members of a top-secret organization established to monitor alien activity on Earth. The two MiB find themselves in the middle of a deadly plot by an intergalactic terrorist (Vincent D'Onofrio) who has arrived on Earth to assassinate two ambassadors from opposing galaxies. K and J face a simple imperative: track down the interloper or the Earth will be destroyed. It's all in a day's work for the Men in Black.

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Audio Commentary
    • Feature Trailers
    • Bonus Trailers
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Featurettes
    • Gallery
    • Interactive Games
    • Multi-angle
    • Music Videos
    • Storyboard Comparisons
    • BD-Live
    • $5.00 VUDU Movie Credit

My Thoughts:

This movie is just plan fun for me. It is a really good "Turn your brain off... Popcorn Movie"... it has a nice amount of laughs. I enjoyed the performances of both Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones in this movie. I especially enjoyed Will Smith firing off that little gun of his... the "Noisy Cricket". If you just want some mindless entertainment for about an hour and a half... this one I will recommend.

Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 05:15:43 PM »
         The Dark Knight (2008/United States, United Kingdom)

Director:Christopher Nolan
    Writing:Jonathan Nolan (Screenwriter), Christopher Nolan (Screenwriter), Christopher Nolan (Story By), David S. Goyer (Story By), Bob Kane (Original Characters By)
    Length:152 min.
    Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
    Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne
    Heath Ledger as Joker
    Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent
    Michael Caine (1933) as Alfred
    Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel

Plot:
    THE DARK KNIGHT

The follow-up to Batman Begins, The Dark Knight reunites director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale, who reprises the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne in his continuing war on crime. With the help of Lt Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) and District Attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), Batman sets out to destroy organized crime in Gotham for good. The trio proves effective. But soon the three find themselves prey to a rising criminal mastermind known as The Joker (Heath Ledger), who thrusts Gotham into anarchy and forces Batman closer to crossing the fine line between hero and vigilante.

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Feature Trailers
    • Bonus Trailers
    • Featurettes
    • Gallery
    • Picture-in-picture
    • BD-Live

My Thoughts:

I found this to be a very good continuation to Batman Begins. While it is also a film that is a bit on the long side, it didn't feel like it as the time flew by. Before you knew it the film was over. I like the way they did Joker in this one and think Heath Ledger did a great job with the character. Liked the entire cast. Think the visuals were great. Definitely recommended.

Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 05:25:58 PM »
         The Dark Knight Rises (2012/United States)

Director:Christopher Nolan
    Writing:Jonathan Nolan (Screenwriter), Christopher Nolan (Screenwriter), Christopher Nolan (Story By), David S. Goyer (Story By), Bob Kane (Original Characters By)
    Length:165 min.
    Video:Widescreen :1
    Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
    Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne
    Gary Oldman as Commissioner Gordon
    Tom Hardy (1977) as Bane
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Blake
    Anne Hathaway as Selina

Plot:
    THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Eight years ago, after assuming the blame for D.A. Harvey Dent's death, a disgraced Batman (Christian Bale) mysteriously vanished. But everything changes with the appearance of a cunning cat burglar (Anne Hathaway) and the arrival of Bane (Tom Hardy), a ruthless madman. Bane's reign of terror forces Bruce out of his self-imposed exile and into the ultimate battle for Gotham City's survival...and his own.

Extras:
    • Featurettes
    • Gallery
    • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

While still worth watching, this one I feel was the worst of the Dark Knight trilogy. While the story line was interesting, it wasn't quite as good as the previous films. I thought the way they did Bane was odd and wasn't too thrilled with Cat Woman either. If by chance you never seen this one...it is worth the time put in to watch it but don't go in expecting too much.

Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 05:31:11 PM »
         The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers: Extended Edition (2002/United States, New Zealand)
    Writing:Fran Walsh (Screenwriter), Philippa Boyens (Screenwriter), Stephen Sinclair (Screenwriter), Peter Jackson (1961) (Screenwriter), J. R. R. Tolkien (Original Material By)
    Length:236 min.
    Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 6.1 (Discrete), Portuguese: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
    John Rhys-Davies as Voice of Treebeard (voice)
    Bruce Allpress as Aldor
    Sean Astin as Sam
    John Bach (1946) as Madril
    Sala Baker as Man Flesh Uruk

Plot:
    Frodo Baggins and The Fellowship continue their quest to destroy The One Ring and stand against the evil of the dark Lord Sauron.

The Fellowship has divided and now find themselves taking different paths to defeating Sauron and his allies. Their destinies now lie at two towers – Orthanc Tower in Isengard, where the corrupted wizard Saruman waits and Sauron's fortress at Barad-dûr, deep within the dark lands of Mordor.

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Audio Commentary
    • Bonus Trailers
    • Featurettes
    • Gallery
    • Storyboard Comparisons
    • DVD-ROM Content
    • BD-Live
    • Digital Copy
    • Interactive Middle-earth Map; Interactive Sound Demonstration of The Battle of Helm's Deep

My Thoughts:

This one does an excellent job of continuing the storyline. I enjoyed it just as much as the first... the cast was great... the storyline was great... the battle scenes were fantastic. I don't know what more to say other then I amlooking forward to revisiting the final installment.

Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 10:03:00 PM »
         The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King: Extended Edition (2003/United States, New Zealand)

Writing:Fran Walsh (Screenwriter), Philippa Boyens (Screenwriter), Peter Jackson (1961) (Screenwriter), J. R. R. Tolkien (Original Material By)
    Length:263 min.

Stars:
    Alan Howard as Voice of the Ring (voice)
    Noel Appleby as Everard Proudfoot
    Alexandra Astin as Elanor Gamgee
    Sean Astin as Sam
    David Aston as Gondorian Soldier 3

Plot:
    The Fellowship's journey is coming to an end. Sauron's forces have attacked Gondor's capital of Minas Tirith in his final siege against mankind. Watched over by a fading steward, the once great kingdom has never been in more desperate need of its king. But will Aragorn find the strength to become what he was born to be and rise to meet his destiny?

As Gandalf desperately tries to move the broken forces of Gondor to act, Théoden unites the warriors of Rohan to join in the fight. Even in their courage and passionate loyalty, the forces of men – with Éowyn and Merry hidden among them – are no match against the swarming legions of enemies raining down on the kingdom. With each victory comes great sacrifice. Despite their great losses, The Fellowship charges forward in the greatest battle of their lifetime, united in their singular goal to give Frodo a chance to complete his quest. Traveling across treacherous enemy lands, Frodo must rely increasingly on Sam and Gollum as The Ring continues to test his allegiance and, ultimately, his soul.

Extras:

My Thoughts:

I found this to be an excellent conclusion of the trilogy. Action-packed and visuals are outstanding. I found the entire trilogy to have great re-watch value. Definitely one I highly recommend.

Rating:
      Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
        • View Profile
      « Reply #13 on: February 12, 2018, 12:51:18 AM »
           Airport (1970/United States)
      IMDb |Trailer |
      Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
      Director:George Seaton
      Writing:Arthur Hailey (Original Material By), George Seaton (Screenwriter)
      Length:137 min.
      Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
      Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: DTS: Mono
      Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
      Gary Collins (1938) as Cy Jordan
      John Findlater as Peter Coakley
      Jessie Royce Landis as Mrs. Harriet DuBarry Mossman
      Larry Gates as Commissioner Ackerman
      Peter Turgeon as Marcus Rathbone

Plot:
      Prepare to take off on a nonstop, edge-of-your-seat thrill ride with four suspense-filled adventures in Airport: The Complete Collection. The quest begins with the original Airport, nominated for 10 Academy Awards including Best Picture, which launched the popular 1970s disaster film genre and became a box office smash. In Airport 1975, a mid-air collision leaves a 747 without a pilot and little hope for survival. The tension continues in Airport '77 when a 747 is trapped underwater in the Bermuda Triangle and it's a race against time to save the passengers and crew. In The Concorde: Airport '79, at twice the speed of sound, the Concorde must evade a vicious attack by a traitorous arms smuggler. Featuring all-star ensemble casts that includes Charlton Heston, Burt Lancaster, James Stewart, Jack Lemmon, Lee Grant, Jacqueline Bisset, Dean Martin, George Kennedy and many more, Airport: The Complete Collection will leave you on edge from takeoff to dramatic landing.

Extras:
      • Scene Access
      • Feature Trailers
      • Featurettes
      • Digital Copy
      • D-BOX

My Thoughts:

I grew up hearing about this movie. So been wanting to see it for years. I am so glad I finally got the chance to do so. First going into it I found the movie to be very slow. This is something that normally bothers me... but in this case it is needed. The film needed time to get you familiar with the characters and set up what is happening. The one thing that really did bother me here is all the use of split screen and such used every time someone was on the phone or radio. This is something I never liked. It pulls me out of the story. The people on screen can't see the person they are talking to.... why should we? It just does not feel realistic so when they did this every time it was just too much for me. That being said, I loved the film itself. It has a great story line and some big names in the cast. I especially liked Dean Martin here. This is not the type of film I think of when I think of him. And I felt he did a great job. If you never seen this one before I definitely recommend it.

Rating:
      Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
        • View Profile
      « Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 12:14:26 AM »
           Ben-Hur (1959/United States)

Director:William Wyler
      Writing:Lew Wallace [General Lew Wallace] (Original Material By), Karl Tunberg (Screenwriter)
      Length:222 min.
      Video:Widescreen 2.76:1
      Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, German: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Italian: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: Mono, Czech: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Hungarian: Dolby Digital: Mono, Polish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Music Only: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
      Subtitles:Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai

Stars:
      Charlton Heston as Judah Ben-Hur
      Jack Hawkins as Quintus Arrius
      Haya Harareet as Esther
      Stephen Boyd as Messala
      Hugh Griffith (1912) as Sheik Ilderim

Plot:
      High-definition Blu-ray hits greater heights with the arrival of the visual splendor, thundering action and towering drama of this record-setting winner of 11 Academy Awards® including Best Picture*. Charlton Heston brings a physical and moral presence to his Best Actor Oscar®-winning role of Judah Ben-Hur, a Jewish nobleman in Palestine whose heroic odyssey includes enslavement by the Romans, vengeance against his tormentors during a furious arena chariot race and fateful encounters with Jesus Christ. Best Director Oscar® winner William Wyler masterfully grips the reins of an enduring and spellbinding spectacular.

*Other 1959 Awards: Best Supporting Actor (Hugh Griffith), Color Art Direction/Set Decoration, Color Cinematography, Color Costume Design, Film Editing, Score, Sound and Special Effects.

Extras:
      • Scene Access
      • Audio Commentary
      • Feature Trailers

My Thoughts:

Years ago when I was a teen they showed a portion of this (the chariot race) in class in high school. Every since then I wan't to see the entire film. And now... more years later then I wish to admit to... I finally got to see the entire epic film. A true classic if there ever was one. Yes, such a long film, but it doesn't feel like it when you watch. The time went by so fast! The acting is great, the visuals are fantastic and the story will bring out multiple emotions through-out. If there was one thing I would change here it would be a little more action. Not much more mind you... but I think just a touch more would have been beneficial. But over-all recommended as a must see!

Rating:
      Pete