Author Topic: Month Long Marathon: Best Animated Feature Film  (Read 3974 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Month Long Marathon: Best Animated Feature Film
« on: May 07, 2018, 04:41:59 PM »
Month Long Marathon:
Best Animated Feature Film
I wanted to do a Month Long Marathon for May... but I needed something that would be fairly short since I will be going on a full week vacation next week to the Smokey Mountains. So I will not have as much time to watch movies this month as I usually do. Back in 2001 The Academy Awards added the category of Best Animated Feature film. And I have all but 2 of them in my collection. Thankfully the 2 I don't have Danae Cassandra had in her collection. I am not watching these in any paticular order... just watching them as the mood hits. Below is the list of films.

Year:Title:
2001Shrek
2002Spirited Away
2003Finding Nemo
2004The Incredibles
2005Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit
2006Happy Feet
2007Ratatouille
2008Wall-E
2009Up
2010Toy Story 3
2011Rango
2012Brave
2013Frozen
2014Big Hero 6
2015Inside Out
2016Zootopia
2017Coco
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 06:47:19 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Month Long Marathon: Best Animated Feature Film
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 04:49:33 PM »
     Coco: Multi-Screen Edition (2017/United States)

Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Lee Unkrich
Writing:Lee Unkrich (Story By), Jason Katz (Story By), Matthew Aldrich (Story By), Adrian Molina (Story By), Adrian Molina (Screenwriter), Matthew Aldrich (Screenwriter)
Length:105 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.39:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, English: DTS-HD High Resolution: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Anthony Gonzalez as Miguel (voice)
Gael García Bernal as Héctor (voice)
Benjamin Bratt as Ernesto de la Cruz (voice)
Alanna Ubach as Mamá Imelda (voice)
Renée Victor as Abuelita (voice)

Plot:
Despite his familys baffling generations-old ban on music, Miguel (voice of newcomer Anthony Gonzalez) dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol, Ernesto de la Cruz (voice of Benjamin Bratt). Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead following a mysterious chain of events. Along the way, he meets charming trickster Hector (voice of Gael Garca Bernal), and together, they set off on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel's family history.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

Going by the trailer of this one I had the feeling I would enjoy it. And the film did not let me down. I liked how they portrayed all the dead as skeletons. I also like how they portrayed both worlds. And I definately got a kick out of Donte the dog. Time really flew while watching this one as it was over before I knew it. This one definitely gets a recommendation from me.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Month Long Marathon: Best Animated Feature Film
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 06:47:40 PM »
     Inside Out (2015/United States)

Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Pete Docter
Writing:Pete Docter (Story By), Ronnie Del Carmen (Story By), Pete Docter (Screenwriter), Meg LeFauve (Screenwriter), Josh Cooley (Screenwriter)
Length:95 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 7.1, English: DTS-HD High Resolution: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Audio Descriptive: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Amy Poehler as Joy (voice)
Phyllis Smith as Sadness (voice)
Richard Kind as Bing Bong (voice)
Bill Hader as Fear (voice)
Lewis Black as Anger (voice)

Plot:
From the imaginative minds of Disney•Pixar comes a major "emotion" picture beyond compare. Experience the hilarious and heartwarming film Peter Travers of Rolling Stone calls "a burst of pure imagination."

Do you ever look at someone and wonder what's going on inside their head? Disney•Pixar's Inside Out takes a rollicking journey into the mind to find the answer. Based in Headquarters, the control center of 11-year-old Riley's mind, five emotions are hard at work, led by lighthearted Joy. She strives to make sure Riley stays happy as she operates alongside fellow emotions Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness. It's "an instant classic," raves Richard Roeper, Chicago Sun-Times. Experience it like never before on Disney Blu-ray!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Digital Copy
  • Riley's First Date? and LAVA Short Films

My Thoughts:

This is a fun animated film. And I like the idea behind it. Emotions as characters in the brain... running the life you live. I lke how this shows that even sadness is an important part of life. I can see how this film could help children understand that fact. And it is all done in an entertaining way. Well worth the time put in to watch it. Recommended!

Rating:
Pete