Author Topic: Horror / Halloween 2017 Challenge  (Read 27489 times)

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Horror / Halloween 2017 Challenge
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2017, 06:49:31 PM »

I Bury the Living
Year of Release: 1957
Directed By: Albert Band
Starring: Richard Boone, Theodore Bikel, Peggy Maurer, Howard Smith
Genre: Horror

Overview:
Edgar Allan Poe would have truly appreciated this "crisp little chiller" (Leonard Martin) howlingly haunted with "dire happenings and eerie effects bound to please the spook set" (The Film Daily). Starring rugged Hollywood leading man Richard Boone (TV's "Have Gun Will Travel") and folk singer Theodore Bikel as a dynamic duo of death, his electrifying shocker may send you to an early grave — if it's not already occupied.

When a cemetary director (Boone) puts pins on a map of empty graves, the grave owners mysteriously die, driving the director crazy and the real estate pries sky-high. But there is something more devilishly demented behind the deaths — and digging for answers uncovers a most horrifying climax.

My Thoughts:
Slow to start, but builds into a nice piece of psychological horror as our hero slowly goes mad with the idea that he can bring about death by simply applying black pins to the map.  The map comes to take on this symbolic quality, a focus of malevolence in his life.  Richard Boone is very effective in his role as the poor man.  I do wish they had taken the premise to a more supernatural conclusion.  The mundane ending spoils the wonderful occult buildup.

Despite my dislike of the ending, I would still recommended the film for fans of old school horror.  Do you like William Castle's films or Roger Corman's Poe/Price films?  If so, you should enjoy this.

Bechdel Test: Fail

Overall: 3.25/5
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:49:59 PM by Danae Cassandra »
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2017, 07:05:35 PM »

The Ghost Ship
Year of Release: 1943
Directed By: Mark Robson
Starring: Richard Dix, Russell Wade, Edith Barett, Ben Bard, Edmund Glover
Genre: Suspense/Thriller, Drama, Horror

Overview:
There's danger dead ahead when director Mark Robson (Bedlam) helms The Ghost Ship. Richard Dix (Cimarron, The Whistler series) plays the sinister captain whose port of call may be madness. All aboard!

My Thoughts:
Decent psychological thriller/drama with some elements of horror, but not truly a horror film.  Richard Dix does a good job as the tormented and ultimately mad captain.  Russell Wade and Edmund Glover are equally competent in their roles.  Glover's Sparks is actually the most memorable character in the film.  The film moves quickly, and has a good, tense atmosphere, especially after Merriam is brought back on board. 

I don't know that I'd recommend this for horror fans, because as I said, this isn't a horror film, but I would recommend it to someone who enjoyed any short thriller style films from the 40's.  It's darker than most of those, but rather well done.

Overall: 3/5
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:50:11 PM by Danae Cassandra »
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2017, 07:09:34 PM »

The Nude Vampire  (La Vampire nue)
Year of Release: 1970
Directed By: Jean Rollin
Starring: Christine François, Olivier Martin, Maurice Lemaitre, Caroline Cartier
Genre: Horror, Fantasy

Overview:
Wealthy industrialist Georges Radamante (Maurice Lemaître) has dreams of immortality. Not through his own achievements, but by finding a way to share the biochemistry of the mute, orphaned vampire woman (Caroline Cartier) who has been raised by hooded needle-stickers in isolation, deprived of exposure to human faces. Radamante's son Pierre (Olivier Martin, Rollin's real-life brother) innocently complicates matters while trying to infiltrate his father's private club. It is love at first sight and Pierre determines to liberate his beloved, a goal which attracts the companionship of other vampires, who plan a torch-carrying siege of Radamante's palatial compound.

Rollin's first color film and his first collaboration with director of photography Jean-Jacques Renon, THE NUDE VAMPIRE (La Vampire nue) is a curiously science fiction-tinged story in the then-fashionable style of Jean-Claude Forrest (Barbarella) and Metal hurlant artists Jean "Moebius" Giraud and Philippe Druillet, who was in fact recruited to design the film's poster.

My Thoughts:
Another beautiful film from Rollin.  Like many of his films, there is a dream-like quality here.  Soft focus, rich color palette, romance, eroticism, all of Rollin's trademarks are here.  If you're a fan, like I am, this is a film you'll enjoy.  Compares favorably to some of my favorites of his (Lips of Blood for example). 

Rollin is an acquired taste.  His films are very symbolic and very visual.  He isn't interested in character so much and plots are very bare bones.  There often isn't very much dialog.  Rollin definitely prefers to show rather than tell.  His films are all about atmosphere, this gorgeous, erotic, gothic feel that he creates.  There's also generally quite a bit of nudity.  If that sounds like something you'd enjoy, then I'd recommend it.

Overall: 3.5/5
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:50:50 PM by Danae Cassandra »
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2017, 07:13:27 PM »

Creepshow
Year of Release: 1982
Directed By: George A. Romero
Starring: Hal Holbrook, Adrienne Barbeau, Fritz Weaver, Leslie Nielsen, Carrie Nye, E. G. Marshall

Overview:
Macabre masters Stephen King and George A. Romero conjure up five shocking yarns, each a virtuoso exercise in the ghouls-and-gags style of classic '50s horror comics. A murdered man emerges from the grave for Father's Day cake. A meteor's ooze makes everything...grow. A professor selects his wife as a snack for a crated creature. A scheming husband plants two lovers up to their necks in terror. A malevolent millionaire with an insect phobia becomes the prey of a cockroach army. Add the spirited performances of a fine cast (Hal Holbrook, Adrienne Barbeau, Leslie Nielsen, Ted Danson, E.G. Marshall and King himself) and the ghoulish makeup wizardry of Tom Savini. Let the Creepshow begin!

My Thoughts:
Fun anthology horror film, with the framing device of the horror comic worked in with image framing techniques at the end of each story.  Like most anthologies, the stories vary in quality.

"Father's Day" opens the show, featuring a woman visiting the grave of the abusive father she killed.  He's a terrible person, and you have a lot of sympathy for her.  It turns pretty horrific, and you're left with the idea that evil never really dies.  A good metaphor for the lasting effects of abuse.  3/5

"The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill" is up next, and has a Lovecraftian feel to it, the story of an idiot who can't leave things the hell alone (namely a meteor).  Stephen King plays Verrill, and he seems to be having a great time doing it.  3/5

"Tide You Over" is a story of revenge and counter-revenge, as a man kills his wife and her lover, only to pay for it in a very karmic way.  Stars Leslie Nielsen, of all people, as a calculating, evil SOB, and he's rather good at it.  The best of the bunch.  4/5

"The Crate" follows a meek little fellow, his overbearing and crass wife, and the murderous beast found at the college where he works.  The bloodiest of the lot, features solid performances all around.  You really sympathize with Hal Holbrook's character, and Adrienne Barbeau is very convincing as his harridan of a wife.  Has a nice horror ending too.  3.75/5

"They're Creeping Up On You" is the last one.  E.G. Marshall is very nasty as the ruthless buisnessman.  Nice karmic justice in how he goes, but I do wish it had ended just a bit sooner than it did.  The last shots are unneccesary.  3/5

The wrapping story is decent, and ends appropriately.  Makes a good watch for any fan of horror, especially anthology style films.  Not my favorite of those style, but still rather good.

Bechdel Test: Pass (barely)

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:50:35 PM by Danae Cassandra »
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2017, 07:16:20 PM »

Christine
Year of Release: 1983
Directed By: John Carpenter
Starring: Keith Gordon, John Stockwell, Alexandra Paul, Robert Prosky

Overview:
John Carpenter brings Stephen King's best-selling novel to life in the chilling thriller.

She was born in Detroit... on an automobile assembly line. But she is no ordinary automobile. She is CHRISTINE – a red and white 1958 Plymouth Fury whose unique standard equipment includes an evil, indestructible vengeance that will destroy anyone in her way. She seduces 17-year old Arnie Cunningham (Keith Gordon), who becomes consumed with passion for her sleek, rounded chrome-laden body. She demands his complete and unquestioned devotion and when outsiders seek to interfere, they become the victims of Christine's horrifying wrath.

My Thoughts:
Decent adaptation of the Stephen King book of the same name.  Changes some things, but hews pretty well to the themes.  Very typical Stephen King story of teens, outcasts and bullies, the prettiest girl in school, the transition of child to adult.  King does these sorts of stories well. 

Of course, you're watching this primarily for the killer car, and she doesn't disappoint.  She's gorgeous and murderous from the start.  The scene where she's on fire is very memorable.  Recommended.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:51:05 PM by Danae Cassandra »
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2017, 07:23:21 PM »

It
Year of Release: 1990
Directed By: Tommy Lee Wallace
Starring: Harry Anderson, Dennis Christopher, Annette O'Toole, Tim Reid, John Ritter, Richard Thomas

Overview:
October, 1957. "It" awakens and the small town of Derry, Maine will never be the same, Stephen King brings to life every childhood fear and phobia as seven children face an unthinkable horror which appears in various forms, including "Pennywise" (Tim Curry) – a clown who lives, hunts and kills from the town's sewers. Years later, the surviving adults who are brave enough return to stop the new killing spree, this time for good.

My Thoughts:
Different take on the story than the 2017 film takes, and still takes liberties from the book.  On the one hand, it seems unreasonable to compare the two films, since they are different takes on the story, but on the other hand one almost can't help it.  Especially seeing the two films so close together.

There is a lot to like here - the kids act more like kids, there's greater inclusion of Beverly here (the boys seeing her as a friend rather than a girl and she has a skill that is key to defeating It).  and there's the bittersweet nostalgic atmosphere that King's works have.  The indifference of the town comes through quite well.  Tim Curry's performance is suitably creepy.

Still, I think the newer film is scarier, and it's atmosphere of palpable dread is more suited to the story than the indifferent one of this film.  I don't want to overall say that I prefer the new adaptation, since the second part hasn't come out yet, but as of right now I do.

This is still worth watching, and I'd show this to a younger viewer for a first time watch over the newer film.  But I think I'll sooner rewatch the 2017 than this one.

Overall: 3.75/5
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:51:22 PM by Danae Cassandra »
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2017, 07:27:09 PM »

It
Year of Release: 1967
Directed By: Terence Fisher
Starring: Peter Cushing, Susan Denberg, Thorley Walters, Robert Morris

Overview:
A tormented girl (Susan Denberg) drowns herself after her lover is framed for her father's murder and guillotined. Baron Frankenstein (Peter Cushing), experimenting with the transfer of souls, places her lover's soul into her body, bringing Christina back to life. Despite having no memory of her past life, she is driven by revenge and carries out a violent retribution on those responsible for both deaths.

My Thoughts:
The fourth in Hammer's Frankenstein series sees the Baron lodging with a village doctor and conducting experiments in trapping the soul and placing it in another body.  Cushing's Baron is a man of science devoted to his craft, but (at least here) he's not the villain.  The villains are instead a set of three dandies who bully the scarred daughter of the local innkeeper. 

They are virtual caracatures of evil and we have no trouble rooting for their deaths.  Our sympathy goes to Christina and Hans, the doomed lovers, and their actors do a decent job with their characters.  Still, Cushing is the star here, and he carries all the focus for the scenes he's in.  His Baron Frankenstein manages to be both charming and cold. 

This is a Hammer film, so it has that style to it.  Recommended for anyone who enjoys films of this sort (such as Corman's Poe/Price films).

-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2017, 07:55:29 PM »

Extraordinary Tales
Year of Release: 2013
Directed By: Raúl Garcia
Starring: Christopher Lee, Bela Lugosi, Julian Sands, Guillermo del Toro, Roger Corman
Genre: Horror, Suspense/Thriller, Animation

Overview:
Five of Edgar Allan Poe's best-known stories are brought to vivid life in this heart-pounding animated anthology featuring Sir Christopher Lee, Bela Lugosi, Julian Sands, Roger Corman and Guillermo del Toro. Murderous madmen, sinister villains and cloaked ghouls stalk the darkened corridors of Poe's imagination, as his haunting tales are given a terrifying new twist by some of the most beloved figures in horror film history.

My Thoughts:
An animated anthology film, this feels very much like a tribute to Poe featuring readings of his stories from such folks as Christopher Lee, Bela Lugosi, Guillermo del Toro, Julian Sands.  With stories from Poe and such luminaries reading them, this sounds like it should be a winner.  I really wish it was.  I wanted to like this film a lot more than I did.

Ultimately I think it's done in by budget.  The animation all feels jerky, the movement awkward.  Honestly, it seems cheap.  The art is often better than the animation of it.  Character designs in "The Masque of the Red Death" section are beautiful (especially Death).  Yet all of the background looks static.  The art for "The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar" reminds me strongly of certain comic book styles - and is animated about as well as a motion comic too.  Others like "The Pit and the Pendulum," "The Fall of the House of Usher," and the framing story all look like earlier CGI than this is.  The animation would have been impressive ten years earlier.

Still, as a fan of Poe, I can't say that I didn't enjoy the film at all.  I do think other fans would garner some enjoyment from it.  I just wish the animation was more fully realized.

Overall: 2.75/5
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:59:18 PM by Danae Cassandra »
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline Danae Cassandra

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2017, 07:59:01 PM »

13 Ghosts
Year of Release: 1960
Directed By: William Castle
Starring: Charles Herbert, Jo Morrow, Martin Milner, Rosemary De Camp, Donald Woods, Margaret Hamilton

Overview:
When an eccentric uncle wills a huge, ramshackle house to his impoverished family, they get the shock of a lifetime. Their new residence comes complete with a spooky housekeeper, plus a fortune in buried treasure and 12 horrifying ghosts.

My Thoughts:
Ahh, William Castle and his gimmicks.  This is a fun, silly, almost campy story.  It's about a typically wholesome 50's family (mother, father, 2 children) who inherit a haunted house.  Is the house haunted?    If so, can it get un-haunted? 

Not much to say for the performances, they're all about average, as is the production.  I do like the design of the ghost viewer glasses, they're so wonderfully clunky.  One of the earliest films to feature a Ouija board!

This isn't a scary film, but it would be fun to watch with the whole family.  There's nothing objectionable here.  I do wish our blu-ray came with the Ilusion-O viewers so we could have Castle's gimmick.  A blast if you like Castle, or enjoy 50's/60's low budget films.

Bechdel Test: Fail (I think)

Overall: 3/5
-- Thorin Oakenshield

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2017, 09:34:55 PM »
     The Visit (2015/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Universal Studios Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:M. Night Shyamalan
Writing:M. Night Shyamalan (Writer)
Length:94 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Olivia DeJonge as Becca
Ed Oxenbould as Tyler
Deanna Dunagan as Nana
Peter McRobbie as Pop Pop
Kathryn Hahn as Mom

Plot:
When Becca and Tyler are sent to their grandparents' secluded Pennsylvania farm for a weeklong stay, they quickly discover something is not right with the elderly couple. Faced with strange rules and increasingly frightening behavior, the children soon realize it will take all their wits to make it home alive. Critics rave, the latest heart-pounding thriller from the director of THE SIXTH SENSE and SIGNS and the producer of PARANORMAL ACTIVITY and THE PURGE is a "DELICIOUSLY CREEPY TRIUMPH." (Scott Mendelson, Forbes.com)

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

This one is a bit different. Kind of a cross between a found footage movie and a regular one as not all the scenes seemed to be like found footage. There is things I liked about this one and things I did not. One thing I liked about it... and the truly scary part about this film is that it could really happen in today's world. While it is worth watching I really don't know how much I would re-watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2017, 10:37:29 PM »
     Cat People: A Val Lewton Horror Double Feature (1942/United States)
Wikipedia |IMDb |Trailer |
Warner Home Video (United States)
Director:Jacques Tourneur
Writing:DeWitt Bodeen (Writer)
Length:73 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Simone Simon as Irena Reed
Kent Smith (1907) as Oliver ''Ollie'' Reed
Tom Conway as Dr. Louis Judd
Jane Randolph as Alice Moore
Jack Holt as The Commodore

Plot:
The studio gave Val Lewton small budgets and lurid pre-tested film titles. Lewton, working with rising filmmakers and emphasizing fear of the unseen, turned meager resources into momentous works of psychological terror. Directed by Jacques Tourneur, Cat People is the trailblazing first of Lewton's nine horror classics. Simone Simon portrays a bride who fears an ancient hex will turn her into a deadly panther when she's in passion's grip. Simon returns in The Curse of the Cat People, a sequel in title and a landmark study of a troubled child in fact. Robert Wise makes his directing debut, co-helming a gothic-laced mix of fantasy and fright so astute it was used in college psychology classes.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

This one I enjoyed a lot. Even if there was a couple of slow scenes in it where I caught myself checking the clock. Like a lot of horror from this time it is more about what you do not see then what you do. There is some great suspenseful scenes... I especially enjoyed one scene at a hotel swimming pool. And I must mention the star of this movie... Someone named Simone Simon. This is the first time I ever seen anything with her in it. But she was absolutely adorable... and I loved her accent. Not sure if it was real... but I would guess so since she was born in France. If you never seen this classic horror... I highly recommend it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2017, 01:43:13 PM »
     The Watcher in the Woods (1980/United States)

Disney DVD, Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:John Hough
Writing:Brian Clemens (Screenwriter), Harry Spalding (Screenwriter), Rosemary Anne Sisson (Screenwriter), Florence Engel Randall (Original Material By)
Length:83 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, French

Stars:
Bette Davis as Mrs. Aylwood
Carroll Baker as Helen Curtis
David McCallum (1933) as Paul Curtis
Lynn-Holly Johnson as Jan Curtis
Kyle Richards (1969) as Ellie Curtis

Plot:
Legendary actress and two-time Oscar® winner Bette Davis (Dangerous, 1935; Jezebel, 1938) stars in this frightening and atmospheric thriller. When an American teenager joins her family in an English country house, she experiences strange and supernatural occurrences. Mrs. Aylwood (Davis), the kindly caretaker, knows the dark secret behind the happenings...and prepares for the return of a young girl who died mysteriously some thirty years earlier! The Watcher In The Woods weaves a haunting, riveting tale that stays with you long after the explosive ending!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

This one I enjoyed quite a bit. It has good atmosphere... especially considering it is a Disney film. The story line keeps your attention with ease and there is a number of good stars in it. Definitely worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2017, 01:56:47 PM »
     The Worst Witch: The Movie (1986/United Kingdom)

(United States)
Director:Robert Young
Writing:Mary Planshette Willis (Screenwriter), Jill Murphy (Original Material By)
Length:70 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:

Stars:
Diana Rigg as Miss Hardbroom
Charlotte Rae as Miss Cackle/Agatha
Tim Curry (1946) as The Grand Wizard
Fairuza Balk as Mildred Hubble
Sabina Franklyn as Miss Spellbinder

Plot:
When pupils disappear into thin air or turn into pigs by mistake, everyone points a finger at Mildred (Fairuza Balk – The Craft) – the worst witch in the school. No matter how hard she tries to master potions and flying, something always goes wrong!

The horrid Miss Hardbroom wants Mildred expelled, but this little witch with a big heart does not give up – until the day that all her hopes come crashing down. After running away from school, it will take all of her courage and powers to conquer her fears and find her way! Hold on to your brooms while you join Mildred in this magical adventure of good and evil!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Production Notes
  • Cast Trivia

My Thoughts:

This one is just cute and silly fun. Definitely aimed towards kids. Nothing here for scares of course. Though I do kind of wonder what the writers were on when they wrote this. Especially when it comes to Tim Curry's song.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2017, 11:41:03 PM »
     Visions (2015/)

(United States)
Director:Kevin Greutert
Writing:Lucas Sussman (Writer)
Length:83 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:

Stars:
Isla Fisher as Eveleigh Maddox
Anson Mount as David Maddox
Gillian Jacobs as Sadie
Joanna Cassidy as Helena
Eva Longoria as Eileen

Plot:
After moving to a vineyard to start a new life with her husband, a pregnant woman begins to experience terrifying visions.

Extras:

My Thoughts:

This is a film I found on Netflix. It is a slow moving story but interesting enough to keep me watching til the end. And I am glad I stuck with it as it has a good ending. I would probably add this to my physical collection if I could find it cheap enough.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2017, 06:02:40 PM »
     The Invisible Man: The Legacy Collection (1933/United States)

Universal Home Video (United States)
Director:James Whale
Writing:H. G. Wells (Original Material By), R. C. Sherriff (Screenwriter), Preston Sturges (Screenwriter), Philip Wylie (Screenwriter)
Length:71 min.
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: Mono, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo

Stars:
Claude Rains as The Invisible Man
Gloria Stuart as Flora Cranley
William Harrigan as Dr. Kemp
Henry Travers as Dr. Cranley
Una O'Connor as Jenny Hall (innkeeper's wife)

Plot:
Renowned acting legend Claude Rains made a remarkable screen debut in ‘The Invisible Man’, based on H.G. Wells’ acclaimed novel. Rains, a mysterious doctor, creates a serum that makes him invisible. But the miraculous potion also has the power to drive him mad, as he discovers when he is forced to commit horrific acts of terror. Directed by the master of the macabre, James Whale, ‘The Invisible Man’ set the standard for dazzling special effects with ingenious techniques that are still imitated today.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Gallery

My Thoughts:

This is a fun classic horror. Claude Rains does a wonderful job in the title roll. Considering just how old this film is... the effects were great. I did not care much for the innkeeper's wife. I didn't like her attitude through-out the film and her hysterics was just too much to take. Other then that definitely worth watching.

Rating:
Pete