Author Topic: March Movie Marathon: Movie Versions of TV Series  (Read 6415 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: March Movie Marathon: Movie Versions of TV Series
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 09:47:28 PM »
     Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle: Unrated Widescreen Special Edition (2003/United States)

Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:McG
Writing:John August (Story By), John August (Screenwriter), Cormac Wibberley (Screenwriter), Marianne Wibberley (Screenwriter), Ivan Goff (Original Characters By), Ben Roberts (1916) (Original Characters By)
Length:107 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Commentary: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround
Subtitles:English, French, Korean, Trivia

Stars:
John Forsythe as Voice of Charlie (Voice)
Cameron Diaz as Natalie
Drew Barrymore (1975) as Dylan
Lucy Liu (1968) as Alex
Bernie Mac as Jimmy Bosley

Plot:
Sexy Angels (Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu) are going head-to-head with Angel-Gone-Bad (Demi Moore)!

Extras:

My Thoughts:

While this one still had the same three ladies playing the Angels... they replaced Bill Murray as Bosely.... replacing him with Bernie Mac which I feel was a big mistake. He was no where near as good in the role. There is still plenty of great action but I wasn't too thrilled with the storyline of this one. This one is no more then an average film.

Rating:
    Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
      • View Profile
    Re: March Movie Marathon: Movie Versions of TV Series
    « Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 10:37:42 PM »
         Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979/United States)
    IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
    Paramount Home Entertainment (United States)
    Director:Robert Wise (1914)
    Writing:Gene Roddenberry (Original Material By), Harold Livingston (Screenwriter), Alan Dean Foster (Story By)
    Length:132 min.
    Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
    Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 7.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
    Subtitles:English, French, Portuguese, Spanish

Stars:
    William Shatner as Captain Kirk
    Leonard Nimoy as Spock
    DeForest Kelley as Dr. McCoy
    James Doohan as Scotty
    George Takei as Sulu

Plot:
    For the first time on Blu-ray, see the original theatrical version of the film as it was initially released in theaters. A massive alien presence of enormous power enters Federation space, destroying three powerful Klingon cruisers and neutralizing everything in its path. As it heads towards Earth, Admiral James T. Kirk returns to the helm of an updated U.S.S. Enterprise and sets course to meet the aggressor head-on.

Extras:
    • Scene Access
    • Audio Commentary
    • Feature Trailers
    • Bonus Trailers
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Featurettes
    • Gallery
    • BD-Live

My Thoughts:

This is the second time I watched this film now. I found I enjoyed it more on this viewing then I did the first time. While I still found the film to be a little on the slow and long side... I also found myself engrossed in the story line. It kept my full attention with ease. Over all well worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
    Pete