Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: TV Show Reunion Movies  (Read 10622 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Weekend Movie Marathon: TV Show Reunion Movies
« on: June 13, 2008, 07:30:54 PM »
Weekend Movie Marathon
TV Show Reunion Movies
As huge of a TV Show fan as I am... it is no wonder I love the reunion movies. I think it is a whole lot of fun seeing all (or most) of the cast back together giving us at least one more adventure with the group. So now that I finally have enough of these reunion movies to do a marathon I thought I would so this weekend.

My TV Show Reunion Movies Consists of...
- A Very Brady Christmas (Watched 6/13)
- Alien Nation: Dark Horizon (Watched 6/13)
- Alien Nation: Body & Soul (Watched 6/14)
- Alien Nation: Millennium
- Alien Nation: The Enemy Within
- Alien Nation: The Udara Legacy
- Brady 500 (Watched 6/13)
- Death of The Incredible Hulk
- Dukes of Hazzard: Reunion! (Watched 6/14)
- Dukes of Hazzard: Hazzard in Hollywood (Watched 6/14)
- Get Smart, Again!
- The Incredible Hulk Returns (watched 6/15)
- Knight Rider 2000 (Watched 6/14)
- Rescue from Gilligan's Island
- Trial of the Incredible Hulk

If there is anything above that you would like to see me review... feel free to request it and I will do my best to fit it in.

So this weekend I am watching....

Alien Nation: Dark Horizon
The fate of the entire planet is on the line when Ahpossno, a ruthless Overseer, is sent to Earth to return the Tenctonese to slavery, and the casualties hit close to home for Francisco when a Purist group develops a virus designed to kill all Newcomers. Picking up right where the series left off, 'Dark Horizon' provides the stunning answers to several key unanswered questions.

My Thoughts:
I really liked how they did this reunion movie... Mainly because it takes over right where the series left off. And that is something that this series needed as it left off with a huge cliffhanger when the series was canceled. I am so glad that all the Alien Nation movies came out on DVD as I have never seen the reunion movies before. So it was great for me to see how they tied everything up from the series. I only watched the one movie in this set so far... but  I must say it looks like they really did a good job with this release. Audio/video quality is good... a nice selection of extras... though I would have liked to seen a trailer/TV spot for this one before I watched it... unfortunately there was none on the DVD.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 06:00:34 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: TV Show Reunion Movies
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 12:15:27 AM »

A Very Brady Christmas
Mike and Carol Brady decide to spend their savings on bringing their kids and relatives in for the holidays, but the kids are having their own problems: Greg (now a doctor) has to make the trip alone since his wife Nora is spending the holidays with her family; Peter is embarrassed to bring his girlfriend home since she is his boss; Bobby is hiding the fact that he dropped out of business grad school to race cars; Marcia's husband, Wally, has been laid off from his job at Tyler Toys; Jan and stuffy husband Phillip are separating; and Cindy is tired of the fact that mom and dad can't respect her as a grown woman. Just another day in the life of the Bradys.

My Thoughts:
I wasn't sure I was quite ready for this reunion movie... especially with it being so far out of season. But when Brittany found out I was doing reunion movies for this weekend's marathon... she really wanted to watch the Brady Bunch ones with me. So we decide to go ahead and do it. As I have said while watching the complete series set... I personally always enjoyed the reunion movies more then the series itself. I can say I have a new appreciation for the series... as I enjoyed it more then I thought I would when I watched it again... but think I still prefer the reunion movies. Some reason I really enjoy seeing the Brady kids all grown up. But I do believe this is the last time I will watch this particular reunion movie till the Holiday season comes!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 03:35:50 AM »

The Brady 500
Bobby (now a racecar driver) makes it to the Nashville 500 where he is in a serious car-wreck and is paralyzed from the waist down. The family rallys around him in his efforts to recover. Marcia and husband, Wally (who has lost another job) and their kids, are living with Mike & Carol. Jan and her husband, Phillip are attempting to get pregnant and in the end adopt an Asian girl, Patty. Peter breaks up with his fiancee, Valerie and becomes quite the playboy. Cindy is a radio DJ and starts to date her boss. Greg, following Bobby's car-wreck debates whether to change his specialty.

My Thoughts:
Well... we just finished watching this one. Another good reunion movie. Even though this one is not an official reunion movie. It is actually the 2 parter pilot episode of the TV Series "The Bradys". But the studio edited it together long ago... airing it several times as a TV Movie. Changing the name to "The Brady 500"... so I think it is ok to consider it a TV movie. It is a good TV movie.. but I do have one major complaint. Unfortunately Maureen McCormick decided not to come back to play Marcia... so it was weird to see someone else in that part. It just didn't feel right without Maureen McCormick in the role.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 04:04:25 PM »

The Dukes of Hazzard: Reunion!
In Reunion!, folks come home to Hazzard and discover a plot to turn Hazzard Swamp into a theme park...leaving the swamp critters high and dry. Before you can say wait a durn minute, the cousins are back in the General Lee, tearing up the roads to stop the nefarious scheme.

My Thoughts:
The Dukes of Hazzard has been a favorite of mine since my childhood! Good Ole Boys... General Lee... and of course Daisy Duke! What more could any all American Red-Blooded country boy ask for? It was so good to see so many of the original cast back for this reunion movie. Unfortunately Sorrel Brooks, who played Boss Hogg, passed away before the making of this movie. But they were sure to do right by his memory in this movie. Back in the '80s and '90s I was huge into Martial Arts movies... since then I have not watch many. But it was cool seeing Cynthia Rothrock... and her talented feet in this movie. Almost makes me want to go out and pick up some of her old martial arts movies. Whatever happen to her anyway?... I haven't seen or heard much of her for a long time now. Unfortuinately there is no extras what so ever on this disc.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 06:20:54 PM »

The Dukes of Hazzard: Hazzard in Hollywood
The whole gang head west for Hazzard in Hollywood and a big-time recording deal. It turns out the deal includes a Russian mobster, a sultry songstress from the 'hood, and a beautiful blonde vice'mayor with the hots for Enos.

My Thoughts:
I am so torn on this one. Part of me loved every minute of it... as it was all the gang that I loved so much in The Dukes of Hazzard (minus Sorrel Brooks [Boss Hogg] & Denver Pyle [Uncle Jesse] who both has passed away before the making of this movie). But at the same time I hated the fact that it took us away from Hazzard to brought them to Hollywood where they are out of their element. But not only were they out of their element... (now maybe this was just me) but the entire movie seemed to make fun of the whole idea of country life. Of course they always do... but it felt like a different way. A way that just didn't feel right for the show. Of course there was definitely some great parts in it as well. Which was just barely enough saving grace for me so that I was not completely disappointed in the movie.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 08:55:56 PM »

Alien Nation: Body and Soul
Sikes and Francisco investigate the compelling case of a mysterious girl who appears to be half-human and half-Tenctonese, perhaps the first of her kind. And, wanting to take their relationship to the next level, Sikes and his Newcomer love interest Cathy must learn the basics of interspecies physiology.

My Thoughts:
This is the second of five Alien Nation reunion movies. It is a good movie... with a nice collection of extras. With some story lines this one is taking over where the last one left off... giving it a real feel as if it is part of the series instead of a stand alone movie.  I like that... makes for much more enjoyable watching. This DVD also has a nice little collection of extras which I haven't had the chance to check out... unfortunately there is no trailers for the movies on the discs.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 11:28:22 PM »

Knight Rider 2000
On the edge of loosing a local government contract, the Foundation and Devon recall Michael from retirement to oversee the completion of the Knight 4000. In a town where handguns are outlawed, crime has become rampant, and the current system of freezing convicts is not working. Michael returns on one condition, to reunited with his friend KITT. Sadly, KITT has been dismantled by KITT has been dismantled and the parts sold by Russell Maddock the new head of the Foundation. Devon manages to recover all but one chip which has been implanted in the head of Shawn McCormick, a female cop whose brain was destroyed by a bullet. He and Shawn, who has a chip on her shoulder as well as in her head, are teamed to stop the current handgun situation where they discover the hidden secrets of the local police department and restore KITT into a new vehicle.

My Thoughts:
This is a reunion movie that was hoped to become a whole new series... which unfortunately never happened. This reunion movie was a bonus feature of the Knight Rider: Season 1 boxset (which is why I used screen cap instead of cover above). I have heard a lot of people say they did not like this movie at all... I did though. I thought it was a good movie... though I do miss seeing the original K.I.T.T.

NOTE: Jimmy... this I just recycled the review from the last time I watched this... no need to put it in the list again.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 06:00:02 PM »

The Incredible Hulk Returns
The Incredible Hulk is back...But is he any match for the Mighty Thor?
It's been two years since his last transformation, and Dr. David Banner (Bill Bixby) has developed a new Gamma Transponder that he hopes will cure him of his inner monster forever. But when a former colleague unearths the frozen tomb of an ancient Norse warrior king, the Mighty Thor (Eric Allan Kramer) is unleashed upon 20th Century society. Can the Hulk (Lou Ferrigno) end the rampage of this mead-crazed barbarian, or will the two raging beasts become allies to save both the Transponder and the woman Banner loves?

Six years after their hit series ended, Bixby, Ferrigno and Jack Colvin (as nosy reporter Jack McGee) returned for this top-rated television movie. Tim Thomerson, Charles Napier, Lee Purcell and Steve Levitt co-star in this action-packed fan favorite that Stomp Tokyo calls "quite possibly the best thing to come out of the series!"

My Thoughts:
Another show I always enjoyed in my younger years. This one was a great reunion movie. In it The Incredible Hulk teams up with The Mighty Thor. This made it twice the fun for me... as I used to watch the Thor cartoons when I was a kid as well. This reunion movie always felt like it should have also served as a pilot for a series for The Mighty Thor! I know I would have loved it as they made both the characters likable as well as interesting... I think it could have been a lot of fun!

NOTE: Jimmy... this is just another recycled review... no need to add it to the list. :)

Well... this brings another Weekend Movie Marathon to an end. Another marathon that I really enjoyed every minute of. As usual... would love to hear comments/opinions on any/all of the above.. whether you agree with me or not... we may not agree... but I would always respect other people's opinion!
Pete