Author Topic: Selling everything  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Eric

• Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
Selling everything
« on: July 02, 2016, 03:51:09 PM »
Hello all,

I know I have not been here in a while but since I don't collect anymore there is not much for me to discuss on a DVD collectors forum.    I have decided to do my part for the environment and go 100% non-physical and all my books, music and movies so I am selling everything left in my (former) collection.  Most of it is ordinary but I have a few "collector" titles left and I thought some of you might want to benefit from my sale.

Take a look at my online collection if you are interested: http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Touti

The prices in the attached excel fille is what I am expecting to get locally in CAD dollars but no reasonable offer will be rejected :)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Selling everything
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 06:42:23 AM »
While I won't get rid of my collection, my purchase behavior has drastically changed recently, to some extent because I now ave Netflix available where I live. I will still continue to buy new items, but will be more selective about it than in the past.

I purchased, according DVDP:
2013: approx. 260 items
2014: approx. 210 items
2015: approx. 130 items

first half of 2016: approx. 35

I'd be interested in two items, which I will PM you about.

As you will not return a lot (I suppose not at all) after you have sold you collection, I want to wish you all the best for the future!

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 05:42:40 PM »
I am having a similar problem. Because of space and time issue (after getting married and having a child), I will have to get rid of most of my collection. I am having now the blasphemous thought of getting rid of the cases and put the discs in a binder or something. Any space saving suggestions?

Another problem: I have a lot RC1 DVDs, which I am not allowed to sell in Germany :(

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 08:18:43 PM »
Another problem: I have a lot RC1 DVDs, which I am not allowed to sell in Germany :(

Why not? It's your property, you can do what you please.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 04:45:12 AM »

Why not? It's your property, you can do what you please.
I thought he referred to the items that may not be entirely "legal" (a bit strong word here, maybe) in Germany. R-rated or even more so Unrated discs. If things are not rated in Germany, you can only sell them "under the table", if at all (for possibly blacklisted items). So, at least he can't sell them through advertising them, he could only sell them to friends...

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 10:21:23 AM »
Yes, this is what I meant. I cannot sell them online, like on eBay.