Author Topic: Christmas 2015  (Read 7734 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas 2015
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 09:56:29 PM »

Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
2.09: SEASON'S GREEDINGS
God Rest Ye, Greedy Gentlemen. A fired, embittered toy maker devises a sinister toy that turns Metropolis's generous citizens into childish, gasping gift-grubbers just in time for Christmas.

My Thoughts:
Well check that out... 3 episodes in a row where a superhero goes up against a toy maker that go bad. First Batman, then Wonder Woman and now Superman. I found this to be a very fun... if not somewhat silly episode. I liked the story line... and I liked that it guest starred some familiar faces... not only does it have Isobel Sanford and Sherman Hemsley from The Jeffersons but it also has Dick Van Patten and Denise Richards. A good, solid Christmas episode.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 11:19:49 PM »

3.11: HOME IS WERE THE HURT IS
INTERGANG has a Christmas present for Superman; a virus from Krypton that could destroy the MAN OF STEEL.

My Thoughts:
In this one Christmas is more in the back ground then what the episode is actually about. And it is more of a serious episode. That being said... I prefer the season 2 episode over this one. It was just a more fun watch and I never liked the whole Intergang storyline.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 06:06:22 PM »

4.11: TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE MYXMAS
Christmas again? Where did the time go? MR. MXYZPTLK, an imp from the fifth dimenssion, makes every day Santa's day.

My Thoughts:
Of course this one is very much about Christmas compared to the last one. And it is one I enjoyed more the the last... may even be my favorite Christmas episode of the three. I really enjoyed Howie Mandel as Mr. Mxyzptlk and also enjoyed the whole day starting over and over again thing. I always liked that story line every since the first time I ever saw Groundhog Day.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2015, 08:24:46 PM »
     Pete's Christmas (2013/)
IMDb |Trailer |
MPower Pictures, Arc Entertainment (United States)
Director:Nisha Ganatra
Writing:Peter McKay (Story By), Peter McKay (Screenwriter), Greg Rossen (Screenwriter), Brian Sawyer (Screenwriter)
Length:89 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1
Subtitles:English

Stars:
Zachary Gordon as Pete Kidder
Molly Parker as Dr. Pamela Kidder
Rick Roberts as Ronald
Wesley Morgan as Jake
Peter DaCunha as Kenny

Plot:
14-year old Pete just had the worst Christmas ever. His busy parents forgot to buy his present, his talented brothers outshine him, the neighboring bullies target him for snowball practice, and his grandfather fights with his dad. Pete is relieved when the day ends. But when he wakes up on what he thinks is Dec. 26th, he finds out that it's Christmas all over again. Stuck repeating the day over and over, Pete panics at first, but slowly realizes that he can take advantage of this mysterious gift and enjoy the ultimate family Christmas.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

This is the second time I seen this one since finding it in a bargn bin last year. It is a fun movie and I like the story line... but I have seen better holiday films then this. Over all it is worth the time put in to watch it. I would say it is a little above average film.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2015, 08:56:15 PM »
     Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
Classic Media, Vivendi Entertainment (United States)
Director:Larry Roemer
Writing:Romeo Muller (Writer), Robert May (1905) (Original Material By), Johnny Marks (Original Material By)
Length:52 min.
Video:Full Frame 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby TrueHD: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, French: Dolby Digital: Mono
Subtitles:

Stars:
Burl Ives as Sam/Narrator
Larry Mann as Yukon Cornelius
Billy Richards as Rudolph
Paul Soles as Hermey
Stan Francis as Santa Claus

Plot:
Do you remember when...
Rudolph visited the Island of Misfit Toys, and Santa asked Rudolph to guide his sleigh on Christmas Eve? Share the magic of this Original Christmas Classic told and sung by Burl Ives!

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:

This is a true Christmas Classic. One I have seen countles times every since I was a little kid and it aired on TV every year. I mean how can you not watch the likes of Rudolph this time of the year? The image and sound on this blu-ray is amazing... easily the best this one has ever looked and sound.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2015, 10:09:08 PM »
     The Santa Clause: Widescreen (1994/United States)
Wikipedia |IMDb |Trailer |
Walt Disney Home Video, Buena Vista Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:John Pasquin
Writing:Leo Benvenuti (Writer), Steve Rudnick (Writer)
Length:97 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Dolby Surround

Stars:
Tim Allen as Scott Calvin
Judge Reinhold as Neal
Wendy Crewson as Laura
Eric Lloyd as Charlie
David Krumholtz as Bernard

Plot:
Superstar comedian and Golden Globe winner* Tim Allen shines bright in Disney's magical, larger-than-life hit comedy that People Magazine dubbed "the most playfully amusing, inventive cinematic...fable in several decades!"

Rooftop clatter leads to merry adventure after Santa falls down on the job, and Scott Calvin's son Charlie convinces dad to try on the red suit. Eight reindeer pilot the pair to the North Pole, where they soon discover that by donning the famous suit, dad must now accept all of Santa's duties! Over the next year, a surprised, not-so-jolly Scott grows a Santa-sized tummy and beard, causing friends, family and business associates to wonder if he's lost his marbles. All except Charlie, who thinks his dad is perfectly suited for his new job!

Each well-kept secret of the North Pole is revealed in Disney's hilarious and heartwarming tale that's "destined to become a holiday classic" (New York Post). Now you can unwrap all the magic of the holidays any day of the year!

*Best Actor ("Home Improvement").

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:

This is one of my favorite movies to watch to help me get into the Christmas Spirit. I have been a fan of Tim Allen ever since I first saw him in Home Improvement. I don't know what it really is about this movie other then it is just a fun holiday movie... but it is one I just can not miss each year.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2015, 11:25:16 PM »
     The Santa Clause 2: Fullscreen (2002/)
Trailer |Wikipedia |IMDb |
(Canada)
Director:Michael Lembeck
Writing:Leo Benvenuti (Story By), Steve Rudnick (Story By), Don Rhymer (Screenwriter), Cinco Paul (Screenwriter), Ken Daurio (Screenwriter), Ed Decter (Screenwriter), John J. Strauss (Screenwriter), Leo Benvenuti (Original Characters By), Steve Rudnick (Original Characters By)
Length:104 min.
Video:Pan & Scan 1.33:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Tim Allen as Scott Calvin/Santa/Toy Santa
Elizabeth Mitchell as Carol
David Krumholtz as Bernard
Eric Lloyd as Charlie Calvin
Judge Reinhold as Neil Miller

Plot:
Walt Disney Pictures presents an all-new comedy adventure overflowing with holiday cheer. Tim Allen reappears in 'Santa Clause 2' , the hilarious sequel to everybody's holiday favorite. Scott Calvin (Allen) has been Santa for the past 8 years, and his loyal elves consider him the best one ever. But Scott's got problems. His son Charlie landed on this year's "naughty" list, and if Scott doesn't marry before Christmas Eve - one very, very short month away - he'll stop being Santa forever. Embracing Chrsitmas and the magic of family with heart, warmth, fun and charm, 'Santa Clause 2' is classic holiday entertainment everybody will enjoy again and again.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Feature Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Interactive Games
  • DVD-ROM Content
  • Closed Captioned
  • THX

My Thoughts:

This is a pretty good sequel. I enjoyed it quite a bit. But this one was not as good as the first one. I think the only real problem I have with it is the whole Toy Santa storyline. That part just didn't feel right to me, personally. Other then that I enjoyed every minute of it... and watch it every year. I did like the whole must find a wife storyline though.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2015, 01:48:30 PM »

JAG
4.11: JAGGER BELLS
During a holiday snowstorm, Bud plays Santa, Harm meets a pretty shrink, and Mac hopes to reunite a little girl with her long lost father.

My Thoughts:
It has been way to long since I last watched an episode of JAG. Many years in fact. Watching this episode makes me want to re-watch the entire series. This one is strong into the Christmas theme... and it has a good story. I enjoyed every minute of it.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2015, 07:09:27 PM »

Supernatural
3.08: A VERY SUPERNATURAL CHRISTMAS
What comes down the chimney? Santa Claus. What goes up the chimney? Screaming, clawing victims of the Anti Claus, a Pagan god with an unjolly thirst for blood. Scary Christmas, Sam and Dean!

My Thoughts:
This is a cool Christmas episode... I enjoyed it very much.  I liked how they had flashbacks to show what Christmas was like for Sam & Dean as kids. I try to watch this episode each year... and it seems like I enjoy it more with every viewing.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2015, 09:44:35 PM »

Picket Fences
1.11: PAGEANTRY
The townspeople are livid when they discover that a woman schoolteacher, who is also supposed to play Mary in the upcoming Christmas pageant, is a transsexual.

My Thoughts:
I get mixed feelings every time I watch the series Picket Fences.... on one hand I enjoy it. I like the characters.... and I like the cast playing them. On the other hand I find the series to be very preachy... and brings up a lot about organized religion that I just do not like. But back to the first hand for some strange reason whenever I watch this show I get oddly caught up into it and just don't want to stop watching. It is a series I could so easily binge-watch. So basically when it comes to this show color me confused.

My Rating:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:49:26 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2015, 10:46:03 PM »

Picket Fences
1.12: HIGH TIDINGS
The day before Christmas is anything but jolly after Brock catches his daughter having sex; Kimberly's birthmother, Sheriff Brock's first wife, arrives. An angry and delusional Santa Claus takes Max and Ginny hostage.

My Thoughts:
i actually liked this episode a little more then the last. I enjoyed the story and it while still preachy I at least understood where they were coming from If I walked in on my kid having sex I am not sure I would have been able to handle it any better. I understand it is part of life and kids are going to have sex earlier then what we would like... but no matter how it happens to have it right there in front of my face. I just not sure I could handle that well at all.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2015, 04:13:03 PM »

The Adventures of Robin Hood
3.16: CHRISTMAS GOOSE
Young Davey has a pet goose, who is very attached to him. One day it saves him from a flogging from Sir Leon's men, but in so doing is caught and, as a punishment, sentenced to become Sir Leon's Christmas dinner.

My Thoughts:
This made for a good viewing experience. It is something different then I usually watch for this marathon. Which is a nice change. Though I don't see it as something I could watch often... so probably won't make it into my must see Christmas viewing list.

My Rating:
Pete