Author Topic: TV Stars in Movies Mega-thon Thread  (Read 3694 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
TV Stars in Movies Mega-thon Thread
« on: November 04, 2015, 09:22:34 PM »
TV Stars in Movies Mega-thon Thread
This is a marathon I came up with years ago and always enjoyed doing a lot. So much so that I often fall back on this marathon. So I thought I would make this a Mega-thon thread. One much like the "What I Been Watching" thread where I will continuously use it.... just adding to it as the mood hits. So no type of time limit what so ever just an ongoing thread for this marathon.

A lot of the movies in my collection I never seen before.... so going by the cast list I can't always tell how prominent the TV Star is in the film... so in some of the films they may not have a large part. but for the most part I will be attempting to have at least 1 cast member being part of the main cast.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: TV Stars in Movies Mega-thon Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 09:29:00 PM »
First up:

Ramona and Beezus

TV Star(s) in this Film:
Selena Gomez - Wizards of Waverly Place, Hannah Montana
Sandra Oh - Grey's Anatomy
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 11:53:20 PM »
     Ramona and Beezus (2010/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Elizabeth Allen
Writing:Laurie Craig (Screenwriter), Nick Pustay (Screenwriter), Beverly Cleary (Original Material By)
Length:103 min.
Video:Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Joey King as Ramona Quimby
Selena Gomez as Beezus Quimby
John Corbett as Robert Quimby
Bridget Moynahan as Dorothy Quimby
Ginnifer Goodwin as Aunt Bea

Plot:
Teen sensation Selena Gomez (Wizards of Wavery Place, Hannah Montana,) teams up with newcomer Joey King in this delightful coming-of-age comedy based on the best-selling books by Beverly Cleary. Ramona (King) is a little girl with a very big imagination and a nose for mischief. Her playful antics keep everyone in her loving family on their toes, including older sister Beezus (Gomez), who's just trying to survive her first year of high school. Through all the ups and downs of childhood, Ramona and Beezus learn that anything's possible when you believe in yourself and rely on each other.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:

This is a film I never even heard of before I found it cheap one day at work and curiosity got the best of me. I got it because it stars Selena Gomez who I used to watch in "Wizards of Waverly Place" with Brittany. When I first bought the disc (last year) I watched the trailer. And lets just say I was happy I got it so cheap! As I didn't have very high hopes of it being a good film. Which is why it took me so long to watch it. But I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Sure I have seen better movies... but they made it easy to care about the characters. The storyline was interesting and fun. Sure the movie is geared to a younger crowd but I found it well worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 09:04:37 PM »
Next up:

Click

TV Star(s) in this Film:
David Hasselhoff - Knight Rider, Baywatch
Henry Winkler - Happy Days
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 02:03:34 PM »
     Click (2006/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Frank Coraci
Writing:Steve Koren (Writer), Mark O'Keefe (Writer)
Length:108 min.
Video:Widescreen 1.85:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: PCM: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:Chinese, English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai

Stars:
Adam Sandler as Michael Newman
Kate Beckinsale as Donna Newman
Christopher Walken as Morty
David Hasselhoff as Ammer
Henry Winkler as Ted

Plot:
A harried workaholic, Michael Newman (Adam Sandler) doesn't have time for his wife (Kate Beckinsale) and children, not if he's to impress his ungrateful boss and earn a well-deserved promotion. So when he meets Morty (Christopher Walken), a loopy sales clerk, he gets him to bypass life's little distractions with increasingly hysterical results. But as Michael gleefully mutes, skips and scans past his family and his friends, the remote gradually takes over his life and begins to program him, in this fast, funny and out-of-control comedy adventure.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes

My Thoughts:

I find Adam Sandler movies to be pretty hit or miss. In this case I enjoyed it quite a bit. Sure this one has some slow spots but they do not hamper the film any. Plus Adam Sandler in this instant isn't quite as annoying as he normally is.I found parts of this one to be funny... while other parts were right touching, sad even. This one is definitely worth the time put in to watch it.

Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 10:02:25 PM »
Next up:

The Ron Clark Story

TV Star(s) in this Film:
Matthew Perry - Friends
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 10:42:32 PM »
     The Ron Clark Story: Widescreen (2006/United States, Canada)
IMDb |Wikipedia |
Marvista Entertainment, Echo Bridge Home Entertainment (United States)
Director:Randa Haines
Writing:Ron Clark (Original Material By), Max Enscoe (Writer), Annie De Young (Writer)
Length:91 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.66:1
Audio:English: PCM: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:

Stars:
Matthew Perry as Ron Clark
Ernie Hudson as Principal Turner
Judith Buchan as Snowden School Principal
Griffin Cork as Hadley
Jerry Callaghan as Ron Clark Sr.

Plot:
In an Emmy® and a Golden Globe® nominated effort, Matthew Perry (17 Again) delivers a "...tour-de-force performance" (Boston Herald) as real-life inspiration Ron Clark, a passionate and innovative teacher who leaves his small hometown to teach in one of Harlem's toughest schools. But to break through to his students, Clark must use unconventional methods, including his ground-breaking classroom rules, to drive them toward their greatest potential.

Extras:
  • Scene Access

My Thoughts:

This is one I just borrowed from the library. And I must say I really enjoyed every minute of it. But then I have always been partial to stories based on true events. I liked the characters... the storyline easily kept my interest. So much so that the time flew by... seemed like the film had just started when I suddenly saw the end credits come on. While this did have a few laughs in it... this is not a comedy film... so it was different for me to see Matthew Perry in such a serious role. But I can't complain... I think he did a great job. As did the entire cast really. This is one I never heard of before seeing it on the library shelf... but one I am more then comfortable recommending.

Rating:
Pete