Author Topic: Tammy  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Tammy
« on: August 03, 2014, 06:05:55 AM »
Tammy

I went to see Tammy not long after it came out.  While the movie was entertaining, it wasn't as good as The Heat or Identity Thief.

Tammy's life is a mess when she decides to take off on a road trip with her grandmother Pearl.  Pearl has her own issues, and there are odd situations that come up during the trip.

The plot is alright, though it could have been stronger.  Some of what happens is predictable, though there are some things that happen that are at least somewhat surprising.  The movie is funny, though not as funny as other things McCarthy has done.  Some of the humor is rude and crude, so it isn't going to appeal to everyone.  There is a lot of swearing, and obscene gestures.  A few things that happen or that are discussed are at least slightly disturbing.  The characters are alright, though Tammy does have a lot in common with other characters that McCarthy has played.  That could disappoint or bother some people.

The movie is funny and entertaining overall, though it could have been better.  People who like McCarthy will probably find something to like.

3 out of 5 stars

I did post a longer review to my movie blog.

Tammy