Author Topic: Look!, Up in the Sky!... It's Superman!  (Read 5327 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Look!, Up in the Sky!... It's Superman!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 09:56:04 PM »
Hmm..ok.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2014, 03:23:45 PM »
Now watching Superman 2: Theatrical Release.  :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 04:58:38 PM »
     Superman II: Original Theatrical Release (1980/United States)
IMDb |Wikipedia |Trailer |
Warner Home Video
Director:Richard Lester
Writing:Jerry Siegel (Original Characters By), Joe Shuster (Original Characters By), Mario Puzo (Story By), Mario Puzo (Screenwriter), David Newman (1937) (Screenwriter), Leslie Newman (Screenwriter)
Length:127 min.
Rating:PG
Video:Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: DTS-HD Master Audio: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: Mono, German: Dolby Digital: Mono, Italian: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Spanish: Dolby Digital: Mono, Portuguese: Dolby Digital: Mono, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:Danish, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish

Stars:
Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor
Christopher Reeve as Superman/Clark Kent
Ned Beatty as Otis
Jackie Cooper as Perry White
Sarah Douglas as Ursa
Margot Kidder as Lois Lane

Plot:
Unwittingly released from Phantom Zone imprisonment, three super-powered Planet Krypton criminals (Terence Stamp, Sarah Douglas and Jack O'Halloran) plan to enslave Earth - just when Superman (Christopher Reeve) decides to show a more romantic side to Lois Lane (Margot Kidder). Gene Hackman (as Lex Luthor) also returns from the first film and with a top supporting cast, witty Richard Lester direction and visuals that astound and delight, Superman II saves the day any day you watch it.

Extras:

My Thoughts:
    Another one I really enjoyed. Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder do a good job reprising their roles. I also liked the 3 Kryptonian criminals. I thought it was a great idea to make Superman face someone (or a small group as it is) as strong as he is. Even though I understand why they had to do it for the storyline... I never cared much for when Superman gave up his powers to be with Lois. The movie was almost boring in those scenes. But of course it really picked up afterward... and I really enjoyed the fight between Superman and the Kryptonian criminals. Another thing I didn't care for is the powers shown in this film that I never seen anywhere else before. Like pointing at a person and a beam comes out of finger making a guy float in air... the big S-Shield being thrown... disappearing and reappearing in many places. But over-all it is a great movie.

My Rating:
    Pete