Author Topic: DJ Doena's movie watchings 2009  (Read 160450 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: DJ Doena's movie watchings 2009
« Reply #195 on: March 30, 2013, 05:56:37 PM »
And even though I have seen the extended edition now I still the following image in my head: After Josh had become a kid again he goes to school again and sits in his place when a new red-headed school girl comes into class and gets seated behind him. He turns around and she smiles to him.
I don't know from which movie I got that scene but I always associate it with Big.

I had the same problem after buying Big. I also expected this scene. As far as I could find out then, this scene is from Vice Versa (if I remember correctly), but I didn't have a chance yet to check it out.

Damn. It also wasn't "Vice Versa". Where the hell is this scene from?  :laugh:

I just saw on "Big"'s IMDb page:
"A home video release of this movie in New Zealand is rumored to have included an alternate ending. The alternate ending shows young Josh sitting in his classroom at school when he turns around to notice a young female classmate of whom he recognises as Susan - who went back to the fairground machine and wished that she was Josh's age. The US DVD release of this film simply shows Josh and Billy walking up their street, then the credits roll in."

Seems like this version was shown on German TV at some point where we both knew it from.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #196 on: March 30, 2013, 08:14:04 PM »
Awesome. :D
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2014, 09:56:10 PM »
And even though I have seen the extended edition now I still the following image in my head: After Josh had become a kid again he goes to school again and sits in his place when a new red-headed school girl comes into class and gets seated behind him. He turns around and she smiles to him.
I don't know from which movie I got that scene but I always associate it with Big.

I had the same problem after buying Big. I also expected this scene. As far as I could find out then, this scene is from Vice Versa (if I remember correctly), but I didn't have a chance yet to check it out.

Damn. It also wasn't "Vice Versa". Where the hell is this scene from?  :laugh:

I just saw on "Big"'s IMDb page:
"A home video release of this movie in New Zealand is rumored to have included an alternate ending. The alternate ending shows young Josh sitting in his classroom at school when he turns around to notice a young female classmate of whom he recognises as Susan - who went back to the fairground machine and wished that she was Josh's age. The US DVD release of this film simply shows Josh and Billy walking up their street, then the credits roll in."

Seems like this version was shown on German TV at some point where we both knew it from.

Or maybe we were all wrong and just remember this scene from a TV movie called 14 Going On 30 (not to mix up with 13 Going On 30 with Jennifer Garner) from the same year as Big.

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2014, 10:11:55 PM »
Maybe. But I still have it in my head, that it was an ending for 'Big'. But even though various other people seem to remember that ending, there is no real proof that it exists. So it is doubtful, that such an ending exists. If it would have aired on e.g. German television, there would be VHS footage of it floating around on the internet.