Author Topic: Amazon Marketplace  (Read 3212 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Amazon Marketplace
« on: January 03, 2014, 05:13:09 PM »
I am sitting here steaming mad! I just had my first bad experience with an Amazon Marketplace seller. I never used this seller before... but they have sold a lot and had a good rating. Plus the item was listed as like new condition.

Well I ordered Gulliver's Travels (BR/DVD/Digital Copy) combo pack. And today it showed up in the mail. Opened the envelope and the case looked in like new condition. Opened the case... first I see the DVD. Looked great... agree with like new. Then I see the digital copy disc. Looked great... agree with like new. And well... that was it... the Blu-ray disc was completely missing!!! Was no where in the case. And I even double checked the case. You can see the hub where the Blu-ray was supposed to be... but no disc!  :voodoo: :redcard: :voodoo:
Pete

Offline Eric

• Intermediate Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Marketplace
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 10:19:16 PM »
It's frustrating Pete but it could be a simple mistake.  Contact the seller and see what he says.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 10:24:00 PM »
I emailed them this morning as soon as I saw it. I haven't gotten a reply from them yet.
Pete

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 11:10:08 PM »
I am sitting here steaming mad! I just had my first bad experience with an Amazon Marketplace seller. I never used this seller before... but they have sold a lot and had a good rating. Plus the item was listed as like new condition.

Well I ordered Gulliver's Travels (BR/DVD/Digital Copy) combo pack. And today it showed up in the mail. Opened the envelope and the case looked in like new condition. Opened the case... first I see the DVD. Looked great... agree with like new. Then I see the digital copy disc. Looked great... agree with like new. And well... that was it... the Blu-ray disc was completely missing!!! Was no where in the case. And I even double checked the case. You can see the hub where the Blu-ray was supposed to be... but no disc!  :voodoo: :redcard: :voodoo:
First ... i really hope this isn't the Jack Black version ... oh my

I use Amazon a lot and it does happen.  I have never had a problem getting a refund.  As they say in Dreamcatcher .. SSDD ;)  Sure it will work out fine
Thank you
David

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 12:29:18 AM »
And always remember:
Amazon is not like eBay.
If the seller refuses to cooperate simply contact Amazon they usually sort such things out fast and (in my experience) always in favour of the customer.

Important thing in this case: Contact the seller ONLY by the Amazon contact-form in the "My Orders" tab of your Amazon account.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 12:46:48 AM »
That is how I contacted the seller.

Question though... how long should I wait for a reply from them before contacting Amazon? I emailed the seller this morning... so I was thinking if I don't hear from them by Monday morning I would contact Amazon. This sound about right?
Pete

Offline DSig

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 04:52:50 AM »
Yeah Monday is more than enough time.  But just remember most all dealers i have found on Amazon are good people to work with.
Thank you
David

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 05:31:47 AM »
That sucks.  I hope you can get it straightened out.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 11:01:26 AM »
Question though... how long should I wait for a reply from them before contacting Amazon?

Amazon sellers should respond within 24 hrs.
Nevertheless Amazon wants you to wait 2 full working-days (Mon - Fri; 9-5) for responses before they do anything.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 04:23:36 PM »
Thanks for the info. So they will probably want to wait till Tuesday then. I sent the email on Friday morning.
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 05:05:50 PM »
It might be the seller is away for the holidays and can't get back to you right away.

I would wait a couple of days, send another message on Monday and, if they don't respond, notify Amazon on Tuesday.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 05:09:43 PM »
I was thinking the same thing. Don't think Amazon will do anything about it before Tuesday anyway.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 08:40:26 PM »
Very strange... I still haven't heard a thing from the seller. But I just got an email from Amazon that I was refunded the amount for this order. With a refund reason of Item not satisfactory.

The email don't say one way or the other... and as I said still haven't heard from the seller. So I don't know if I am supposed to send him back the DVD disc or what.  :shrug:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 09:12:11 PM »
They would need to send you the packaging and mailing costs if you were to return it. Since that is likely more than the value of the movies, I doubt they are going to want it back.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 09:17:01 PM »
this is true.
Pete