Author Topic: Bones - Spoiler  (Read 38531 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Bones - Spoiler
« on: September 27, 2013, 05:03:19 PM »
This topic is available to discuss all things Bones, including spoilers.

If the episode is less than one week old (US airdate) please still use spoiler tags, if it's older than that, feel free to discuss openly.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Bones - Spoiler
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 02:09:33 AM »
Thanks! I'll use this aswell :) And again, sorry if i offended anyone with anything.

I'm going to be real short with this tonight, since i'm real tired and going to bed real soon after a long day at work. I'll have some more writing tomorrow.
But this Pelante deal (i'm going to watch some older episodes when he first got interduced) so i can have some more to say. But now they are playing him up as he was -the- Hannibal Lecter! Not there yet bro'. And i got a few chosen words for Cam aswell, but more tomorrow :) I've never liked her. (as a actress) not a good actress imho. And her character starts of very wrong. Wanted to fire Bones. Great way to get friends! And remember she slept with Booth. And we know Ange always wanted that. But i read somewhere that Hodgins down the line this season might get an oportunity to get all of his money back. Interesting eh? And i'm curious to see how the episode 3 will be like. Because i think they are going somewere with all of this. Thats what i hope atleast.
But this is a great place to discuss the episodes tho. Even tho anyone dont agree with what's happening lately. (Me included!) But for now, i'm hanging in there!
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 03:40:51 AM »
I didn't like Cam when she first turned up either.  She ...had too much attitude or something I guess, though I suppose she sort of had to do that to show her authority as the new boss.  But thinking about firing Bones?  That was stupid.  I actually just saw some of that episode again a few weeks ago.  I can't remember who Cam told that she was thinking of firing Bones, but they said flat out it was a bad idea, which sort of surprised Cam. 

Pelante first turned up during season 7.  I think it was before Christine was born.

I had no read that there could be a way for Hodgins to get the money back...interesting indeed. 

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 03:17:27 PM »
When Cam first turned up, she was this kind of a cocky "i'm better then you" character. And she butted head with Bones quite early. (And they dont see eye to eye on things) And the person Cam asked about firing Bones, was Booth! And he said "If she goes, i goes" and at the end of that episode, or the next one. Cam and Booth end up sleeping together. Interesting. Amazing writing again eh? ;) And for the Hodgins getting (or be able to getting his money back) It was in a interview with Hanson, where he said something about that. That in this season he might be able to get his money back. How's that even possible i dont know. (With how they are playing Pelante up) The Pelante arc is turning out to much bigger then the Gravedigger arc. I'm looking forward to see what the 3rd episode brings. Maby i will have some more things to say about it all then :)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 07:09:21 AM »
I couldn't remember who she said something to about firing Bones.  It makes sense it was Booth though.  The two of them had been involved before she got that job.  I don't know how they originally met - I can't remember if it was shared in the show or not - but they had been together previously.  They they hooked up again, though it didn't last.  Just like it didn't last when they had him jump back into bed with Parker's mom.  Oh yes...they are showing off their stellar writing skills there.  Bunch of idiots really.  Originally Cam was only going to be there for like 6 episodes or so...when she got infected with that...well..whatever it was...wait...someone poisoned her I think.  Anyway, when that happened, originally the plan was for her to die, but Hanson changed his mind.  Cam has grown on me ..I really didn't like her when she first arrived.

Hmmm..ok.  Really...they have Pelante unstoppable, so how is Hodgins going to manage that.  It isn't like he can press charges either.  Maybe that will be tied to however Pelante goes down - and he better being going down.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 01:06:48 PM »
Really? I didnt know that to be honest with you. She was originally set to only play 6 episodes huh? And why in the blue hell did he change his mind? I remember when she first came in to the series that i didnt like her. I like the character before her i rememberd.  Ok, no offence to her at all. But i just dont like her. Dont think she is a good actress. I've seen her in some other stuff too, and not the biggest fan. I'm not going to say that she is the badguy in bones. But something in between. Her character has irked me. From the day she wanted to fire Bones. Bones is one of my favorite characters in the show. So smart, yet so clueless. And she is a good actress aswell. I'll be honest with you. (Even tho it pains me to say) I liked it a bit better when Bones and Booth was chasing each other. After they put the two leads together, something of that spark disappaired. Look at Castle, they've done a great job so far there. (And even tho i like them together, Bones and Booth) THEY CAN DO SO MUCH MORE THAN WHAT THEY ARE DOING RIGHT NOW!! COME ON DUDE! And for Pelante, i'll just have to see how they play this shit out. I dont know anymore. Just two days for a new episode. What i am interested in in this whole thing is Ange/Booth. Something will happen there. And wich side will Bones take? We know Bones and Ange have been best friends long before they even knew Booth. Would Hanson cross the line, and turn Ange and Bones against each other? All speculation from my part. "Quit while ahead" .
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 05:38:25 AM »
Yup.  I can't remember where I first read or heard that..probably some sort of interview with Hanson..or maybe the cast.  Heck maybe it is in the extras for that season of the show. 
I think she was just supposed to be around for 6 episodes, but I can't remember for sure now.  The episode when she gets poisoned was supposed to be the last, so however many it took to get there.  I don't remember knowing why he changed his mind...he probably decided she was hot or something like that...which actually would be more justification than some of the other dumbass decisions he's made over the years.  Like at the beginning of season 7 that Hannah woman that Booth was dating.  That is another character that Hanson and the writers would go on and on and on about..how wonderful she was..blah blah.  Even all the characters on the show were all but worshiping her.  It was forced and she didn't work for the show.  And that actress - can't even remember who she was now - didn't fit the part.  She was not believable at all as a serious journalist or someone who was basically just as smart as Bones.  That was such a mess.  I was so glad when she left, though I'm still a little irked that Booth went so far as to propose to her.  He was kidding himself, trying to convince himself there was more there.  Not that he didn't care for her...but you know he didn't have the same depth of feeling for her that he did Bones.  It wasn't right.

Cam isn't my favorite character either, but she doesn't bother as much now as she did before.  I agree, the writers haven't handled putting Bones and Booth together properly...and that goes back to them being afraid of the so called Moonlighting curse....and just sucking at writing anything other than a murder scene. 
Calling what is going on with Pelante shit is a perfect description.  That's what it is.  Shit.  Huge, stinking, piles of shit.  I would hope that Hanson wouldn't go and turn Bones and Angela against each other.  They have been friends for so long, and Angela has stood by her through so much...Angela was the one that Bones stayed in contact with while she was on the run... Turning them against each other now would be assine.  Which, considering everything Hanson has done and the high stupid factor there, may indicate it has a high probability of happening.  Which will just tick me off even more.  and he's already got me good and ticked off.

Someone needs to slap some sense into him.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 09:41:09 PM »
Well, let me be brutally honest here. I think they (he) should have killed her off. I dont like her, dont think she's a good actress. Her character has irked me. Ever since she wanted to fire Bones. (But maby thats the reaction they want out of me) If thats the case. Good job! And hot? Well, i like Bones better. But i guess he got his reasons for what he does. And think about it  -Bones vs Ange-  never been done on the show before. (Booth has had a fight with almost everyone) and Hanson said this would be a bit angsty and drama season. And that would be a twist alot wouldnt see coming? I dont know anymore. I know more after watching the episode tonight.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 01:54:10 AM »
I don't know either...  Just from the little I have seen from this season, it is already more angsty than I care for.  I don't like all that nonsense in any show...it always feels...artificial and forced to me..just an excuse to drag out something longer than needed. 

If she had died at that point, I wouldn't have cared.  Now....well....I wouldn't exactly be happy...but I wouldn't be that upset either I don't think. 
Hanson's reasons for just about everything - especially in the last few years - are questionable and just flat out stupid.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 05:22:54 AM »
Ok...I have returned. :)

I only saw a little the episode tonight.  Can't really even remember what was going on. But...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 12:01:56 AM »
I've just watched the episode, after 14 hours at work. I have a few comments and thougts about the whole thing. Will be short tho, since i'm going to bed soon.
(click to show/hide)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 01:51:28 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 05:32:14 PM »
(click to show/hide)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 03:02:48 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 05:31:53 AM »
I just read this story...thought I would share it. 
The story could be considered spoilery..

(click to show/hide)

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Bones-Bride-First-Look-1071509.aspx