Author Topic: Castle - Spoiler  (Read 52743 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Castle - Spoiler
« Reply #405 on: December 10, 2017, 05:57:55 PM »
I have actually not seen the final season or evenmost of the 7th. I seem to have developed a habbit f dropping out before the end I have yet to see th final season of Burn Notice and White Collar. At some pint stshos become repitetive or stale and instead of sticking around till the bitter end I just find something new to enjoy.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 12, 2017, 08:40:55 PM »
Haha, well.. I recommand you to watch the entire season 7 of Castle.. One of the best seasons they had.
The season 8 on the other hand, one of the worst.. So dont ;) they changed the screenwriters etc before the last season.. And that didnt work out.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #407 on: December 16, 2017, 04:09:13 AM »
It wasn't just screenwriters that changed...showrunners and Terri and Andrew, the original creators of the show were completely gone.  By all means, finish out season 7.  YEs there were a few issues here and there, and goodness knows I rambled on and on about some of them ( ;) )  but that season ended wonderfully.  That would have been a fitting final episode instead of the horrid mess we got in season 8.  Just stay away from season 8.  Far, far away.  In many ways, I feel like season 8 ruined and undid just about everything that was good about the show.  I haven't even been able to watch the earlier seasons anymore. 

I didn't even watch all of the last episodes.  I saw most of them, but there was 1 or 2 I didn't watch. Maybe it was 3.  After the news came out that Stana wouldn't be back for another season but the show runners and writers had all this wonderful ideas going forward, I felt like the show was doomed.  For me, there would have only been a small, and I mean very small chance, that I would have kept watching in season 9 after that.  Things would have had to been set up in a way that it was clear Rick and Kate were still together and happy but Kate wasn't seen..working out of town..went back to law school...running for senate..whatever.  But they were still together and happy and everyone knew it.  Even have phone calls between them and texts and stuff - of course we would have only heard his side.  That would have still ...not been ideal, but that could have worked for me.  But anything else, Kate being dead or they split up or whatever and it would have been ruined. 

So..anyway..once I heard about Stana not coming back, I didn't watch those last few new episodes.  They were on my DVR, but I didn't watch them.  I started to watch one of them, and it was starting with some sweet moment with them and it just made me mad that they - the writers and show runners - were ready to rip it all apart a few episodes after that.  They were going to ruin Rick and Kate's Always.  So...off it went.  With the last episode, I already had a feeling like they were going to end with some cliffhanger with her missing or shot or ...something.  Then the jerks in charge said they had another ending that they filmed just in case it didn't get renewed....and then it wasn't renewed.  So.  I was ...kind of releaved that it was cancelled since that meant they couldn't screw it up any more..but still ticked that it came to that. 

The night of the final episode, at first I thought I would watch it since I knew the show was done at that point..then I wasn't going to.  I ended up mostly not watching it.  I flipped over for a few minutes here and there..and it irked me.  I did see stuff at the end..  I will put the rest in spoilers since Karsten still hasn't seen it.

So at first it was looking ok.  They caught the big bad..at least I think the one guy was the big bad..but why the hell he was the big bad I still don't get.  Anyway.  Things look good..even at the station.  I actually thought at first that was part of the alternate ending they did just in case.  Then they got home and it went straight to shit.  I still don't know who the hell that jerk was that shot them - I don't even care. It was just how the hell did he get in there ..and after all that, they have Rick and Kate laying in pools of blood on the freaking floor???  Then that shot of the loft empty with the voice over.  I was so ticked.  I am absolutely convinced that was the ending they originally planned, after it showed the loft empty.  Leaving a cliffhanger on if they were alive or dead or hurt how bad.  Then we got the little, slapped together alternate ending.  Yes that was good because it showed them still together and happy and with kids in the future.  But it was so freaking short.  It wasn't worth it and it damn sure didn't make up for the steaming pile of shit they turned a wonderful show into. 

It was horrible what was done to the show.
Did you hear about the "great" idea the idiots in charge had for a season 9? 
They said everyone, including Rick, would think Kate was dead but she'd really be on a secret mission in Europe.  Reading the kind of bullshit they planned to dump on the loyal fans made me glad the show was cancelled.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 20, 2017, 12:07:44 AM »
Oh well, i will have to agree with you on almost everything you said there. The new showrunners messed the show up big time, and then when fans started to complain i read somewhere that they said something about they would never split up Kate and Rick for real. I watched the whole season 8 i did. But man, what a shitty season for the most part. There were some episodes that i actually thought was good. But i read somewhere that the problems with Castle and a season 9 was alot of things. One of them being some problems between Nathan and Stana. And ABC wanted to save money, but the show would never last with out Stana and Kate. Wouldnt be the same show, and lot of the fans was invested in Kate and Rick. So it would never work out. Plus i read that the ratings was falling to new lows aswell. So i'm actually glad it ended.
I've watched Stana's new show, and really enjoyed that actually. You should check it out if you havent done that yet. ;)
I got all 8 seaons on dvd, had all 7 before the 8th season was aired, so i just needed to have the complete collection, even tho i'm not going to watch season 8. But i do like to rewatch some of the earlier episodes :) and i really enjoyed season 7, might be my favorite season of the whole show. So i would watch that again!
I'm kinda sorry for how the show ended, specially since there were some talks about ending it after season 7.. But for me season 1-7 is my seasons, and those i will watch. ;)
But there are some many shows i'm behind on atm, plus all of the movies and i'm behind at aswell.. Need more hours!
Finally watched the last and final season for Rizzoli & Isles. Good show from start to finish if you ask me.
And NCIS, watched season 14 aswell. Season 15 aires on tv now.. Dont like all the changes they are doing to that aswell :o
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #409 on: December 28, 2017, 05:48:31 AM »
I didn't know Stana had a new series.  Hmmm.

Oops..meant to do the spoiler tags for some of that and not the line through it.  Oops.  lol

I have through season 7 on DVD.  I only watched it once because once the steaming pile of crap that was season 8 started, I just couldn't watch the older episodes anymore. 

I saw some of the stuff that other fans were saying back when it first came out that Stana wouldn't be back.  I saw a lot of people blame Nathan.  I don't.  None of us know that there was any kind of issue between them..it was just gossip that some threw around.  I never actually read or heard any of it other than some people on the Castle board making references to it.  There were a lot of people over there pissed that Nathan didn't give the network an ultimatum about not going back without Stana.  He said all along while Castle was on that he was thankful to be on a show that lasted longer than a year..or even just a few episodes.  He's been through being on other good shows that didn't last, so I think I can see what he wouldn't give an ultimatum like that.  I know the ratings were going down in season 8, but that was because of the shitty story the writers and new showrunners came up with.  The ratings dropped a ton from episode 2 to 3 -after they had Kate walk out on Rick.  I honestly don't know what the writers and those new showrunners were thinking.  It was like they were writing a book during the season - how to ruin a good show and undo everything in a few simple episodes.  It still ticks me off what they did to Rick and Kate. 

I saw some of the last season of Rizzoli & Isles, but not all of it.  It stinks that it got cancelled.  Major Crimes is ending too.  I haven't seen all of the latest season of it because I didn't realize when it was on - they changed the day.  But I've read a few things that happened in the last few episodes and I'm glad I didn't see them.  I'm ticked off without watching them.  Now I'll NEVER watch them.  What the hell is the matter with writers screwing up stuff like this.  yes I know crap happens in real life, but tv shows are an escape from real life, so let the freaking characters be happy .  Argh.  Sorry.  lol

I haven't fully kept up with NCIS.  I was ticked when they decided to go back and kill off Ziva at the end of season...13 I think.  When DeNozo - not sure how to spell that..lol - left because the actor had a new show.  I've seen that and it is ok.  The one new guy they added in season 14..I was mostly ok with him.  I was ok with the woman who was added after Ziva left.  The woman they added last year...did not like her at all.  I have only watched a few minutes of a few episodes this year.  I've been watching Lethal Weapon on FOX at the same time.  It is in season 2.  I was skeptical at first last year but thought I'd try it..I like it. 
I also really like The Orville.  The first season ended already, but it did get picked up for a second season, so that made me happy.  After I saw the first episode and loved it, I was worried FOX would screw it up like they did Firefly.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 30, 2017, 05:41:55 AM »
Hehe, well.. Off we would never truly know what happened behind the scenes at Castle between the leads. I only read something about one of the reasons the stuff happened the way it did was the argument between Stana and Nathan (I read that either on tvline.com or its sister page)
But either way that doesn't matter at all, the show was great, before those idiots in charge decided to do what they did. Ruined it all! And even tho i don't wanna watch season 8 ever again, i needed it in my collection, i got a bit OCD about that. Cant miss only 1 of the complete set. Needed to have them all. But i do like to watch the earlier stuff, makes me happy. And i try to not think about a season 8, for me season 7 will always be the final season for me.

And when it comes to NCIS, i understand why Dinozzo left, because of he got his new hit show, and needed a change of things. Not hard to understand that after 15 years at the same place. Was same with Ziva as well, needed to do something else. And now Abby will be leaving after this season too. Going to do something else. And thats for me will just kill it for me. For me both Dinozzo and Abby was maby my two favorites on the whole show, and now they will be gone. So Ducky and Gibbs will be the only two left of the original crew that started 15-16 years ago. And with the new cast now, i kinda think its ok at best. They got in the dude from The 70's show, and the other girl.. I think next season will be the last season of the show. And thats totally fine with me. With all the changes, i think they should actually stop too. End it on a high note! Not do what both Bones and Castle did!
Do what Rizzoli and Isles did! They ended it in a perfect way!
It takes me a while to respond and check in here for at least another week. Still on vacation in the big USA for another week :D

Oh, and btw. Have you read the Nikki Heat books? (the one Rick wrote in the series) just bought the whole series while on my vacation. under 50 bucks for them. Hope they are good! ;)
Oh, and one last thing before i forget it again. Yeah, Stana got a new show out. Its called "Absentia" it has 10 episodes and its finished with their first season, at least in Europe.. And i actually liked it a lot. Check it out if you get the chance! Well recommended! And she will be in a horror movies as well, Cadaver i think the name of that one was. Will be out in 2018 i think it was.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 06:21:04 AM by Piffi »
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #411 on: December 30, 2017, 10:04:58 AM »
Oh, and btw. Have you read the Nikki Heat books? (the one Rick wrote in the series) just bought the whole series while on my vacation. under 50 bucks for them. Hope they are good! ;)

I'm in the middle of Frozen Heat. Don't be discouraged by the first one, Heat Wave. The ghostwriter hadn't found his stride and hadn't quite grasped the characters yet. It immediately gets better in the second book
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #412 on: December 30, 2017, 10:07:00 AM »
Unfortunately my "sources" don't have Absentia. But next year Nathan will be seen in a similar-but-different role. He will be the aging man that he is but he will also be a police rookie. Let's see how that will turn out.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/nathan-fillion-the-rookie-abc-1202600574/
Karsten

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 01, 2018, 03:19:40 AM »
Hehe, thats good to know! I was thinking about start reading the books on my plane ride home next Friday :) So, i will keep that in mind. Yeah, she got a new series out and i really liked it. Maby/hopefully it will be out on bluray some day ;)
Didn't know Nathan had a new tv-show. That will be interesting to check out. Like to follow the new shows\movies to actors\actresses i've watched on tv for many many years. Always so refreshing and nice to see them in something else then what we've used to see them in.
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #414 on: January 01, 2018, 12:48:49 PM »
Like to follow the new shows\movies to actors\actresses i've watched on tv for many many years.

I actually do that, too. If I enjoyed an actor, no matter if he played a good guy or a bad one, I tend to at least check out their follow-up work. Sometimes that works out, sometimes it doesn't. For example, I liked Michael Rosenbaum's portrayal of Lex Luthor on Smallville. So I followed him to Impastor. And while that was cancelled after its third season, I enjoyed it for what it was. I also followed Erica "Smallville's Lois Lane" and Stargate SG-1's Michael Shanks to Saving Hope. And while I do enjoy medical shows (I currently watch Chicago Med and The Good Doctor - special recommendation to the latter one!) I just could not get into Hope.

PS: That's also the reason why I checked out Castle in the first place. He was Malcolm Reynolds after all!
Karsten

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #415 on: January 01, 2018, 12:54:49 PM »
Unfortunately my "sources" don't have Absentia.

Problem solved:

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 12:57:12 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 02, 2018, 01:21:22 AM »
Hehe, it was a reason why i checked out Castle too! ;) and then actually really enjoyed it. And i'm old enough to remember him in 'Two guys, a Girl and a Pizza place' as well.. Used to watch that show when it was still on tv. And ofc Buffy.. ;)

Ah, good! You have to let me know what you think about her new show if/when you check it out. :)
I really enjoyed it, a good start at least. IMHO
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #417 on: January 21, 2018, 04:17:13 AM »
I've read several of the Nikki Heat books.  5 I think.  I have another one on my Kindle that I haven't read yet.  I liked them. 

I watched Castle because of Nathan.  I had to see more of Malcom Reynolds. :)    I also watched a few other shows he had between Firefly and Castle that didn't last.  I had read about him getting a new show back in December I think it was.  I will absolutely watch that.  I watched Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog because of Nathan.  I watched Slither because of him - really I should have hate it since those alien worm things were sort of snake like, but I love that movie.  I watched it for Nathan.  I do try to follow actors/actress that I have liked in other stuff too.  I really liked Nathan on Firefly.  So, I will keep watching his stuff. :)  That was one thing that would bug me at times at the Castle board.  People there liked to ...guess kind of insult and belittle the Firefly fans and act like they weren't true fans of Castle since they had liked Nathan on Firefly first.  The Firefly fans are very loyal, and Nathan appreciates that.  Not many shows have fans that stay that loyal to a show this many years after it was cancelled.  Oh...I saw him on Buffy too.  Freaky character. 

I hadn't heard about Absentia.  I just looked and it looks like I can watch it with Amazon Prime so I'll try to do that sometime.  Work has already been a bit hectic for me since I do some bookkeeping stuff too.  But I have most of that done now..but it will get crazy busy before much longer too.  But I added it to my watch list anyway so I won't forget. 

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 25, 2018, 11:16:54 PM »
Hehe, yeah.. We started to watch the show because of one guy, and now we try to watch other shows because of other stars aswell! Wich is always nice.
And as i've said before Castle does the reruns on of the biggest channels in Norway, so every night at 11.30 at night there is Castle on! And now we are on season 3 allready. Wasnt that long ago they was at the last season. And i know you dont watch Castle anymore, but up to the season 8, i really like it. So i just pretend season 8 never happened.  ::)
So i will have to read the books then! Will be interesting to see if i see anything of the show in the books. Just have to finish Camilla Lakberg first. ;)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas