Author Topic: Fast & Furious 6  (Read 2701 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Fast & Furious 6
« on: June 24, 2013, 11:12:39 PM »
Fast & Furious 6

After not being interested in these movies when they first came out, I've ended up seeing and enjoying most of them - I still have see the second and third movies.  Yes they are dumb action movies, but they are entertaining.  I don't watch them expecting strong plots, though the way all the movies are tied together and how the continuity is continued is rather impressive, especially considering some movies can't manage to keep one thing straight for one movie.

This movie picks up after Fast Five with Dom, Brian, and their crew retired and enjoying the good life.  DSS Agent Hobbs turns up wanting Dom's help in going after Owen Shaw, a man who is pulling off elaborate crimes using a crew of fast drivers.  Dom gets involved because Letty, who he thought was dead, is part of Shaw's team.  Brian and the rest of the team get together again while Mia stays home with baby Jack.

The plot isn't overly complicated, but it ends up working for the movie and it is entertaining.  It does tie up lose ends from previous movies while also stetting up another sequel with the short scene at the beginning of the credits.  A new potential bad guy is introduced and I think that villain has the potential to be awesome.  There is a lot of action throughout the movie.  It is usually cool looking, but a lot of it is very, very unbelievable.  One development sees like it is supposed to be a surprise, but figured it out long before the reveal in the movie.  It seemed very obvious to me, but evidently it surprised a lot of the people in the theater judging by the gasps of surprise.

The characters are mostly likable even though some of them aren't that developed.  Several of them say and do things that are funny.  Letty being back is ok, and there is an explanation for what happened with her.  I just don't like her as much, possibly because of how Michelle Rodrigruiez plays the part.  She is in a perpetual bad mood and has the expression to match.  I just find the other characters more likable.

Fast & Furious 6 does have some issues with believability and predictability, but it is still an entertaining action movie.  People that have liked the previous movies will probably find something to like about this one.

I did get a longer review posted on Epinions after seeing the movie in the theater.

Fast & Furious 6

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Fast & Furious 6
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 11:14:51 PM »
Thank you for the review ma'm!
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 11:17:55 PM »
You're welcome. :) 
I'm trying to get caught back up...at least somewhat. :)  I'll probably try to post a few more later tonight.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 11:23:57 PM »
I enjoy reading your reviews :) So please do. And specially F&F since thats my guilty pleasure  :-[
Only heard great things about this one tho. And its been killing it on the theaters. Looking forward to the blu!
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 03:00:27 AM »
I really enjoyed it.  I'll eventually get it on Blu too.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 11:30:59 AM »
This is getting a single showing out here tonight (remote location, months behind everyone else, not even a cinema but a community center). I'll be there as I'm a huge fan of the series. I'll be off this island on Tuesday for 4 weeks though so plan on doing some catch-up of new releases. :thundergod:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 08:01:22 AM »
I hope you enjoy it.