Author Topic: Iron Man 3  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Iron Man 3
« on: June 24, 2013, 09:51:14 PM »
Iron Man 3

I was wanting to see this movie for ages.  I really enjoyed the first two and The Avengers, so there was no way I wasn't going to see this one.  There are one or two small issues, but overall it is a good superhero movie that is worth checking out.

Tony Stark is struggling with nightmares and panic attacks after the events in New York - from The Avengers.  He rarely sleeps, spending most of his time in his workshop making new suits.  A terrorist calling himself the Mandarin is staging attacks that get Tony's attention.  He decides to try to deal with the Mandarin, which puts himself and Pepper in danger.

I saw this one in 3D because of the times when it was showing.  There were a few images that took advantage of the 3D, but it wasn't anything that special. 

This movie is picking up a while after the events of The Avengers, and there are references to things that happened.  Tony is struggling in a big way and basically has post traumatic stress.  He has panic attacks if he is away from the Iron Man suit for too long.  It is interesting to explore that since more superhero movies don't show the superheros having any issues over what they  have done or had to deal with.  Tony tries to deal with it all himself which does cause some tension with Pepper. 

I know that some people, who were fans of the comic books, were very unhappy with this movie because of things tied to the Mandarin.  While I'm far from an expert on the comic books, I do know enough to know that things have been changed for the Mandarin.  I think the character works overall.  There is one development that I think is interesting is what ticked off the comic book fans.  The story does even give a glimpse back to something in Tony's past.  The story is interesting.  This one is directed by Shane Black and he also worked on the screenplay.  This one is taking place near Christmas, so now I'll have another different sort of Christmas movie.

There is a good amount of action throughout the movie, including a big fight late in the movie.  There are a few cool new things with the suits, though we don't get as much seeing Tony working in his shop.  I always liked those scenes in the first two movies.  There are some humorous moments every so often like there were in the previous movies.  Violence does turn up, though I don't think the movie is too violent. 

Iron Man 3 is another well done, entertaining Iron Man movie.  People that have liked the previous movies should give this one a chance.

I did post a longer review on Epinions after seeing the movie in the theater.

Iron Man 3

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man 3
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 11:04:14 PM »
Probably a stupid quastion, but i'll ask anyways. Can you watch this without having seen 'The Avangers' ?  :-[
I remember i watched the 2 first when they came out i think it was. Dont remember much. Maby i should watch them again before watching this?
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 11:16:35 PM »
I think you could watch it without having seen The Avengers.  There are a few references to what happened, and I think that is all you'd need to know for this one.  You would get more backstory and explanation if you see The Avengers first.  There aren't a lot of references to the first two movies, but a few things may make more sense if you watch the first two movies again.  There are a few small references that you'll be more likely to pick up if you've watched the first two movies again.

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 11:22:35 PM »
Cool. Well i think i got both 'The Avangers' and IM 1&2 in my unwatched pile on blu. Maby i should watch all three before IM 3 comes. Just to be on the safe side ;)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 03:00:59 AM »
That would be good.