Author Topic: Weekend Movie Marathon: Unwatched DVDs  (Read 18729 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Weekend Movie Marathon: Unwatched DVDs
« on: June 21, 2013, 01:25:59 PM »
Weekend Movie Marathon:
Unwatched DVDs
I decided I needed to work on my unwatched pile this weekend. Not that I will really make that much of a dent in it considering I have up over 1,000 movies in my unwatched pile. Being the reason I need to work on the pile this weekend! Also the reason why I can't list them all here. So below is a list of films I think I would be interested in for this weekend. I definitely won't get to them all this weekend... probably no where near. My goal for this weekend is 6 movies. Though hopefully I will be able to do even more then that.

Some I am Considering:
Bad Ass
Battle Royale
Battle Royale 2: Requiem
The Break-up
Clash of the Titans (2010)
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Feast
Feast II: Sloppy Seconds
Feast III: The Happy Finish
Forbidden Planet
Full of It
Garfield
Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties
The Marine
Nancy Drew
Phantasm 2-4
Resident Evil: Retribution
Terminator Salvation
Thor: Tales of Asgard

I will leave the list at that. Though I may still pick some that isn't on the above list as well. As long as I never watched the DVD it is fair game.  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Weekend Movie Marathon: Unwatched DVDs
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 01:51:03 PM »
You might want to save the Feast trilogy for your October marathon.

9 and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs should be a Brit and her dad movie day - maybe she'll watch them with you.

Clash of the Titans is good but my heart belongs to the original.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 02:17:59 PM »
I have so many unwatched horror in my collection that it wouldn't matter if I saved them for October or not. Though I may.

yeah... sure I will watch some with Brittany this weekend. :)

I really enjoyed the original Clash of the Titans too... but I am curious about the remake.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 03:24:22 PM »
     Resident Evil: Retribution (2012/Canada, Germany)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:Paul W.S. Anderson
Writing:Paul W.S. Anderson (Writer)
Length:96 min.
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.40:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1
Subtitles:English, French, Spanish

Stars:
Milla Jovovich as Alice
Sienna Guillory as Jill Valentine
Michelle Rodriguez as Rain
Aryana Engineer as Becky
Li BingBing as Ada Wong
Boris Kodjoe as Luther West

Plot:
Umbrella Corporation's deadly T-virus is spreading across the globe, transforming ordinary people into legions of zombies. Headed for extinction, the human race has just one hope: Alice (Milla Jovovich). She's on a mission, fighting her way through cities and across continents, all inside Umbrella's prime research facility. Old friends become new enemies as she battles to escape and discovers that everything that she believes may not even be true.

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • Outtakes/Bloopers
  • Digital Copy

My Thoughts:
I have enjoyed all the previous Resident Evil movies... so I was feeling pretty confident going into this one. And I wasn't disappointed. I really enjoyed this one for what it is. A leave your brain at the door, fun... action packed film with just enough of a touch of horror to keep me a happy camper. It is well worth the time put in to watch it.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 05:31:23 PM »
     Full of It (2007/United States)
IMDb |Trailer |Wikipedia |
New Line Home Entertainment
Director:Christian Charles
Writing:Yoni Berkovits (Original Material By), Tony Dreannan (Original Material By), Tom Gammill (Original Material By), Max Pross (Original Material By), Jon Lucas (Screenwriter), Scott Moore (Screenwriter)
Length:92 min.
Rating:Rated PG-13 : Sexual Content, Drug References, Teen Partying and Crude Humor
Video:Widescreen
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, English: Dolby Digital: 2-Channel Stereo
Subtitles:English, Spanish

Stars:
Ryan Pinkston as Sam Leonard
Kate Mara as Annie Dray
Teri Polo as Mrs. Moran
Craig Kilborn as Mike Hanbo
John Carroll Lynch as Mr. Leonard
Cynthia Stevenson as Mrs. Leonard

Plot:
Ryan Pinkston (TV's Punk'd) and Kate Mara (Shooter) star in this hip and hilarious teen comedy about lying to be popular... and living to regret it! 17 year-old Sam (Pinkston) may be the new kid at school, but he's got a sure-fire scheme to fast-track his popularity: he's going to lie his a%$ off! Claiming to drive a Porsche, date a movie star and have a rock-star for a dad, Sam soon finds himself loved by everyone. But when Sam's outlandish fictions mysteriously turn into outrageous facts - he begins to discover that having all your dreams come true...can be a total nightmare!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Feature Trailers
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Featurettes
  • Closed Captioned

My Thoughts:
This is a movie I never even heard of before a friend gave it to me. But the trailer looked like a lot of fun so was looking forward to seeing it. And even then it still took me 4 months to finally pop it into the player. Actually two players... the first player I tried didn't like this disc much... but it played perfectly in Brittany's player. Turned out the film isn't bad. Though there is nothing special about it either. Just an average film in my opinion.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 07:18:38 PM »
     Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009/United States)

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Director:Phil Lord, Christopher Miller
Writing:Phil Lord (Screenwriter), Christopher Miller (Screenwriter), Judi Barrett (Original Material By)
Length:90 min.
Rating:Rated PG : Brief Mild Language
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Commentary: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Bill Hader as Flint Lockwood
Anna Faris as Sam Sparks
James Caan as Tim Lockwood
Andy Samberg as "Baby" Brent
Bruce Campbell as Mayor Shelbourne
Mr. T as Earl Devereaux

Plot:
When Flint Lockwood's (Bill Hader) latest contraption accidently destroys the town square and rockets up into the clouds, he thinks his inventing career is over. Then, something amazing happens as delicious cheeseburgers start raining from the sky. His machine actually works! But when people greedily ask for more and more food, the machine starts to run amok, unleashing spaghetti tornadoes and giant meatballs that threaten the world! Now it's up to Flint, with the help of weather girl Sam Sparks (Anna Faris) and Steve, his talking monkey assistant, to find some way to shut down the machine before the world is covered in super-sized meatballs!

Extras:
  • Scene Access
  • Audio Commentary
  • Bonus Trailers
  • Featurettes
  • DVD-ROM Content
  • View in 1.78:1 Fullscreen or 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen

My Thoughts:
I decided to watch this one with my daughter today. It is the first time I seen it... but she has seen it before. After watching I will say that I enjoyed it. Would say it is above average. Though I have seen better animated films lately. But this one is definitely worth the time put in to watch it. It has it moments where it really draws in my attention... but then again there was also times where I got easily distracted from the film as well.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline Piffi

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »
Next you should check out (from the list) is 'The Marine' ;)
We'll Always Have Paris.

Thomas

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 08:26:21 PM »
I am planning on that one. Looked good by the trailer. But I am taking a small break from movies. Will probably get back to it either this evening or tomorrow. Watching a few episodes of HawthoRNe right now. :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 10:00:06 PM »
Battle Royale
You should give this one a try Pete, I know you don't like subtitles but it really worth the effort.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 10:02:57 PM »
Thanks... been going back and forth on those films because of the subtitles.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 03:08:48 AM »
Thanks... been going back and forth on those films because of the subtitles.
Film, not films. While you will feel compelled to watch the second one, I doubt you'll find anyone recommending it to you :laugh: (I have watched it more than once :bag:)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 04:31:40 AM »
I vote for Forbidden Planet.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 02:18:22 PM »
Battle Royale
You should give this one a try Pete, I know you don't like subtitles but it really worth the effort.

100% agree. This film got me interested in Asian cinema and essentially cost me thousands :laugh:.

Skip the second though, it's crap.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 02:28:31 PM »
     Dolphin Tale (2011/United States)
Trailer |IMDb |Wikipedia |
Warner Home Video
Director:Charles Martin Smith
Writing:Karen Janszen (Writer), Noam Dromi (Writer)
Length:113 min.
Rating:Rated PG : Some Mild Thematic Elements
Video:Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio:English: Dolby Digital: 5.1, French: Dolby Digital: 5.1, Spanish: Dolby Digital: 5.1

Stars:
Harry Connick, Jr. as Dr. Clay Haskett
Ashley Judd as Lorraine Nelson
Nathan Gamble as Sawyer Nelson
Kris Kristofferson as Reed Haskett
Cozi Zuehlsdorff as Hazel Haskett
Morgan Freeman as Dr. Cameron McCarthy

Plot:
In an inspiring story of the bond between animals and humans, a boy named Sawyer discovers an injured dolphin, who is brought to a marine hospital and named Winter. Unfortunately, her injuries cost Winter her tail, without which she may not survive. But with Sawyer's devotion, a marine biologist's (Harry Connick Jr.) and the brilliance of a prosthetist (Morgan Freeman) charged with creating a new tail, Winter may receive a second chance at life.

Extras:
  • None

My Thoughts:
I just watched the DVD out of the DVD/BD Combo Pack. Unfortunately for some reason all the extras are on the BD disc alone... nothing at all on the DVD. I found the movie itself to be simply amazing. Even more so considering it is based on a true story. I was drawn in from the very beginning... and it kept my complete attention till the very end. A real feel good movie. One I couldn't recommend high enough. An excellent story that is wonderfully done. I just finished this film... and I already feel like I could watch it again. If that isn't a sign of an excellent film... I don't know what is.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2013, 03:04:39 PM »
I watched Dolphin Tale on my laptop this morning because... well... I was just to lazy to deal with getting up and putting it into the player when it was right there next to me and my laptop.  :bag: :laugh:

Anyway... because of this I went ahead and did a bunch of Vidcaps for DVD Profiler's gallery.... and thought I would share with anyone that wanted them.

LINK to the ZIP File. There is a total of 37 images you can pick and choose from (I know that may be too many for some people)

Some Samples:

Pete