Author Topic: May Marathon: Happy Birthday to Me!  (Read 6902 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
May Marathon: Happy Birthday to Me!
« on: May 08, 2013, 01:14:15 AM »
May Marathon:
Happy Birthday to Me!

Image: The Birthday Cake I Want!... Who wants a piece?

OMG! I can't believe it! I am a week late starting this marathon! I really gotten into my That '70s Show marathon Britt and I were doing... and this one completely slipped my mind! Losing an entire week is going to hurt on this... but I am still going to attempt the same goal. That is 31 Birthday TV Episodes (1 for every day of the month) and 12 Birthday themed movies (2 for every Saturday and every Sunday of the month) before the end of the month. I really hope I can do it! Wish me luck!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: May Marathon: Happy Birthday to Me!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 02:14:17 AM »

2 Broke Girls
Season 1 Episode 18: And the One Night Stand
It's Caroline's birthday but one-night stands are getting in the way of a proper celebration.

My Thoughts:
This is a series I grown to really like over the last couple seasons it has been on. And this is a fun episode. In it Caroline has a pretty rough birthday.  Has a few decent chuckles. Definitely worth watching.

My Rating:

Episode Count: 1
Movie Count: 0
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 02:52:02 AM »

The Big Bang Theory
Season 1 Episode 16: The Peanut Reaction
Leonard's birthday finds Wolowitz and Leonard in the ER and Penny and Sheldon sharing a shopping trip from hell.

My Thoughts:
One of my favorites of the current sitcoms. This show is always good for a laugh... and this episode is no exception! The Penny and Sheldon scenes are always fun. In this one she takes him shopping for a gift for Leonard. Highly recommend this episode!

My Rating:

Episode Count: 2
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 04:03:58 PM »

Tru Calling
Season 2 Episode 3: In the Dark
When the lights go out during a surprise birthday party in the morgue, Tru hears someone asking for help-but due to the darkness, she has no idea who needs to be saved.

My Thoughts:
This is one of my all-time favorite short lived TV Series. I really enjoyed this episode a lot. The fact that she didn't know who it was that called her name really added something to the episode.  Gave it a bit extra mystery.

My Rating:

Episode Count: 3
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 06:01:01 PM »

Sex and the City
Season 1 Episode 1: Sex and the City
At a party for thirty-something Miranda, Carrie and her friends vow to stop worrying about finding the perfect male and start having sex like men. Carrie experiments with an old flame and meets Mr. Big; Miranda warms up to Skipper; Samantha has a one night stand with a man Charlotte wouldn't sleep with on the first date.

My Thoughts:
This is an HBO series that I always enjoyed. I wouldn't call it a favorite series... but definitely one I could always get into without a problem. I have seen all of the first 2... maybe 3 seasons. But that is all so far. But thanks to an early birthday gift I got this past month I will finally get to see all the episodes (as well as both movies).  I like both Sarah Jessica Parker and Kristin Davis in this series. I do think the pilot episode is a bit of a rough start for the series though.... It just jumps into it all without giving a good introduction to the characters.

My Rating:

Episode Count: 4
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 07:11:57 PM »

No Ordinary Family
Season 1 Episode 7: No Ordinary Mobster
Jim goes after a mobster who has plagued George for years, ignoring his friend's request to stay out of the case. Meanwhile, Stephanie disobeys Dr. King's wishes and tries to find out more about Volson's research, and Daphne asks JJ to use his powers to help her impress a boy.

My Thoughts:
Another short lived series I enjoyed every minute of. So wish they never canceled this one! In this episode the family throws a "surprise party" for their friend George. I really got a kick out of how excited Julie Benz's character got setting up the surprise party... and how giddy she was seeing the surprise on George's face... a fake surprise as he did know earlier. But was really fun scenes. And the rest of the episode is very good as well. Enjoyed every minute of it.

My Rating:

Episode Count: 5
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 11:36:06 AM »
I think I am changing my goal for this marathon.... to do it like I did last year...

I am changing it to a total of 44 (my age this year) birthday themed shows (whether TV Show or movie). This will mean I will have to watch 1 more then I would have had to... but I am still going to attempt it.

Goal: 44
Watched: 5
Left: 39

Wish me luck! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 08:27:07 PM »

Grey's Anatomy
Season 5 Episode 11: Wish You Were Here
Bailey teams with Seattle Grace's new pediatric surgeon, Dr. Arizona Robbins, to save the life of a young patient near and dear to her heart, as the admittance of a death row inmate at the hospital stirs anger in Derek and further erodes Meredith and Cristina's friendship.

My Thoughts:
A very good episode of the series... I enjoyed it quite a bit. Though the birthday storyline was very minor. Just  a mention or two in passing and then a scene. But still worth watching.

My Rating:

Watched: 6
Left: 38
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 12:09:08 AM »

Monk
Season 8 Episode 9: Happy Birthday, Mr. Monk
While Natalie attempts to surprise Monk with the ultimate 50th birthday party, a janitor and a patent lawyer are killed during the launch of the first vacuum with a self-cleaning filter.

My Thoughts:
This is a very fun episode. I really got a kick out of Monk panicking and seeing signs of a birthday party everywhere he looked while trying to solve a murder case. Definitely an episode I would recommend.

My Rating:

Watched: 7
Left: 37
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 12:59:43 AM »

Sixteen Candles
Samantha's life is going downhill fast. The fifteen-year-old has a crush on the most popular boy in school, and the geekiest boy in school has a crush on her. Her sister's getting married, and with all the excitement the rest of her family forgets her birthday! Add all this to a pair of horrendously embarrassing grandparents, a foreign exchange student named Long Duc Dong, and we have the makings of a hilarious journey into young womanhood.

My Thoughts:
I found this available on On-Demand and felt I must watch it for the marathon. Surprisingly this is the first time I ever seen this film. Being a film from the '80s... a time when I watched films like crazy. I found I enjoyed this one quite a bit. It definitely has a lot of fun scenes in it. I think I will have to try to add this one to my collection!

My Rating:

Watched: 8
Left: 36
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 08:38:09 PM »

Grey's Anatomy
Season 6 Episode 8: Invest in Love
A generous $25 million donation is offered to Seattle Grace by the parents of a 10-year-old cancer patient. This prompts the Chief to pressure Arizona into performing a risky operation on the child.

My Thoughts:
In this one it is Arizona's birthday... as well as her young patient. It is an excellent episode.. though a very sad one.

My Rating:

Watched: 9
Left: 35
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 01:05:35 AM »

Two and a Half Men
Season 3 Episode 16: Ergo, The Booty Call
As Jake's twelfth birthday approaches, Alan is still smiling ear-to-ear over his sex life with 22 year-old hottie Kandi, even when he's forced to explain to his son what a "booty call" is. Meanwhile, Jake celebrates with a sip of coffee and a handful of vitamins - or at least, that's what he assumes the blue pills in his dad's bathroom cabinet are, with the "V" imprinted.

My Thoughts:
This is a TV Show I just recently discovered... after a long time of my brother telling me I should watch it. When I saw the discs over at the library I figured I may as well check out the series. And I am really glad I did. This is a hilarious show... one I hope to start collecting before too long!

My Rating:

Watched: 10
Left: 34
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 03:03:01 PM »

Major Dad
Season 1 Episode 20: Officer of the Day
Lt. Holowachuk gets in trouble when he plans a secret country hoe-down birthday party for the Major.

My Thoughts:
This is another TV series I used to love back when it originally aired in the early '90s. I haven't seen a single episode in many years... thankfully I found a bunch of old recordings I could watch. This is a fun episode. One that had a couple good laughs in it. Sure would like to see this series released on DVD!

My Rating:

Watched: 11
Left: 33
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 06:18:19 PM »

Bloody Birthday
In 1970, three children were born during the height of a total eclipse of Saturn, the planet governing emotion. Ten years later these seemingly innocent children have become heartless killers able to move around under the radar of suspicion because of their youthful facades. What happens when a teenage girl and her younger brother stumble upon the horrible truth?

My Thoughts:
How couldn't I watch this one for my birthday marathon? I remember really enjoying this one back in my early teens when it first came out. I can't say it is quite as good as I remember it being. But I definitely enjoyed every minute of it. Of course I do have a soft spot for '80s horror... after all they are the movies I grew up watching.

Sure, evil children has been done to death. Some probably done better then this one. And more times then not it seems to have to do with an eclipse when the children was born. But that don't take away from the fact that this one is good. It has some creative kills (gotta love the arrow through the peephole!) and a good story. I am so glad I finally found this movie again... and the fact that it cost me less then $4.00 is icing on the Bloody Birthday cake. While I really can't complain... I do wish this one had more extras on the disc.

My Rating:

Watched: 12
Left: 32
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 06:20:07 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 01:54:58 PM »

Samantha Who?
Season 1 Episode 15: The Birthday
In the season finale, Samantha is beginning to think that Chloe is using the sympathy card by saying her aunt is sick, just so Todd won't break up with her like he promised Samantha. Andrea and Regina are having several disagreements over how to plan Samantha's birthday party.

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode of the first season. I enjoyed it more then I expected to actually. I kinda got a kick out of how they made this party to be her "first" birthday... since this is her first birthday since her amnesia.

My Rating:

Watched: 13
Left: 31
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:57:48 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete